Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) (46614 Views)

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) / Donald Trump Blasts Nigeria Again!! - (A Joke) / Governor El-rufai Visits VP Osinbajo In His Office At The Villa Again..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Kenai: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
listenersky:
Maybe they meant western Niger?

Geographically, it still wouldn't make sense, because Niger is the westernmost of the non-Yoruba middlebelt states, so they'd have to finish off with eastern Niger before even getting to western Niger, and eastern Niger is still geographically closer to Kwara than it is to western Niger, so it means Kwara (and even Kebbi) would first get a taste of Boko Haram before western Niger does.
Phew! I hope I'm making sense.

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Bayswater: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
atlwireles:

So the Nigerian President should call CNN to order undecided

GEJ has to effing do everything. It seems we've forgotten we have governors in Nigeria. Have we ever taken these governors to task at all?

We might as well do away with governors if the buck will always stop at the president's office.

3 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by simdam500(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
we brought these upon ourselves

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by ezugegere(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Maybe they are referring to Buhari/APC!

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Freiburger(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cwhyte:
Is BH really attacking the western Nigeria?
or CNN reporters just want to condemn the whole of Nigeria?
Now tell us what is Nigeria? And what is part of Nigeria? Oh you wanted to see BH attacking and gaining ground in NE Nigeria. A place many of you no longer consider as part of Nigeria. Its a shame.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Funjosh(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
They are free to report anything they want, how I wish we have a leader that is Capable lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by atlwireles: 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bayswater:

GEJ has to effing do everything. It seems we've forgotten we have governors in Nigeria. Have we ever taken these governors to task at all?

We might as well do away with governors if the buck will always stop at the president's office.

My brother, na so I see for this country. GEJ is responding for everything.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by SUBMARINE: 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cwhyte:
Is BH really attacking the western Nigeria?
or CNN reporters just want to condemn the whole of Nigeria?

I hope they are not wishing Yorubas bad luck. undecided
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by studded(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
uken73:
Why won't they?
Anything that makes the Giant of Africa look bad makes them high.

Spot on bro..... The question is? who are their sources? Where do dey get the false info from?

Smh for Naija
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by amiskurie(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Foolish CNN has its correspondent in south Africa that is telling them abt us

Some brainwashed pple too go dey follow believe

5 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by chomaloo(m): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
American n d west r hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Ilekeh(f): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Just crazy.

What's wrong with this people?

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
they even wrote 'new details' hahahahaha
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by major466(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
NairalandOP:
Na, they are just confusing Buhari's visit to Osun and Ogun APC Presidential Rally. They erroneously thought the Boko Haram General is gaining ground in those states grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by sirdimo90: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Make I rush ds beans and plantain b4 they could get to s/east !!!!!!m
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Bayswater: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
atlwireles:

My brother, na so I see for this country. GEJ is responding for everything.

Honestly, our useless governors should be the ones leading the fight against terrorism in their different states. They do get security votes, don't they?

The are as culpable as the president but what do you get in Nigeria, these same set of governors would go on TV to lampoon the president. We need to start taking them to task - PDP, APC or APGA.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
tunisbaba:
sometimes wen i read news from CNN about Nigeria, i use to tink mayb am not living in d country.i av seen many news dere dat are not true or exagerrated.A recent one was dat Boko Haram killed 2000 people in Baga, Borno State
The actual number is around 150. But all the same, it's still a tragedy.

#defeat BH

2 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by listenersky: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
Kenai:

Geographically, it still wouldn't make sense, because Niger is the westernmost of the non-Yoruba middlebelt states, so they'd have to finish off with eastern Niger before even getting to western Niger, and eastern Niger is still geographically closer to Kwara than it is to western Niger, so it means Kwara (and even Kebbi) would first get a taste of Boko Haram before western Niger does.
Phew! I hope I'm making sense.

I meant Niger,the country
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by AreaFada2: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fact is those Yankees don't give a poo what they say or write about Africa.

While some Igbo & Yoruba people (mostly) indulge in "My-Preek-Big-Pass-Ya-Own" tribalism fiesta here constantly, it makes no difference to Yankees where in 9ja BOKO are attacking: East, West, North or South. It's 9ja all the same.

Since we cannot develop a proper News Channel to reach outside world, no national Airlines, nothing to project us positively, don't expect other countries to do it for us. Even paid advert on CNN won't do it.

6 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by atlwireles: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bayswater:

Honestly, our useless governors should be the ones leading the fight against terrorism in their different states. They do get security votes, don't they?

The are as culpable as the president but what do you get in Nigeria, these same set of governors would go on TV to lampoon the president. We need to start taking them to task - PDP, APC or APGA.

All politics is local.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Guyman02: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This is why i don't watch CNN or fox or even bbc.All this western media are so unashamedly biased when it comes to africa or even the middle east they are only intrested in reporting only negative things out of africa

So i recommend you watch aljazerra they are not as biased as those ignoramiuses anchoring western news angry

What do you say about this lie by Aljazeera with their correspondent who was in Abuja but claiming to be live at the scene of bomb blast in Madalla Niger State. The background shows the National Christian Centre Garki Abuja.

Non of those foreign media should be believed, they all represent the interests of the people paying them and their countries.

5 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Bayswater: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
atlwireles:

All politics is local.

That is what they say when they are decamping to APC but when it comes to Boko Haram and infrastructural decay, 'all politics is national/federal'. Bunch of barawos
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Weah96: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
US news is like Nigerian blogs. They report stories that they think their audience want to hear.
It's all about ratings. The higher the ratings, the more money they charge for ads. They're like a used car or mama put business. Profit is the only concern.

5 Likes

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Make it trend.

#ReportNigeriaCorrectlyCNN
I support this..

they refused to show isis beheading americans because they don't wanna strengthen isis psychologically hence giving them publicity .. now define misleading the world!

... terror will not advance to western Nigeria, won't transgress borno, and it will be ultimately dealt with!..

I'll shove it on their twitter page..

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by moststylish(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
worldproblem
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by SammieRexx(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
NairalandOP:
Na, they are just confusing Buhari's visit to Osun and Ogun APC Presidential Rally. They erroneously thought the Boko Haram General is gaining ground in those states grin grin grin

Dude you 're funny.......all dos buharist go wan cut ur head nw grin
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Opiosko: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
hopeforcharles:
Don't we have a government that will call these people to order? Is this the way they display the image of Nigeria to the world this is unfair,
sometimes I wish we have an action president who will know his role and be up and doing. cryDon't we have a government that will call these people to order? Is this the way they display the image of Nigeria to the world this is unfair,
sometimes I wish we have an action president who will know his role and be up and doing.
It's the opposition that is feeding the western media these lies. Had it been a lie about boko haram killing 2000 people in Borno village that we can not independently verify on our own, you would have believed them and would have rained abuse on Jonathan. Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by M4gunners: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
They are high on something.
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
duni04:
We've been busy fantasising about Buharis daughter all week, after Boko haram killed thousands in Baga. some were even complaining that the world didn't care bout the massacre in Nigeria. Now that the western media is trying to Bring attention to the killings in Nigeria, we're suddenly taking offence cos someone chipped in a typo!
The west should just leave us alone to kill ourselves, we're savages that are not worth an ounce of anyone's attention undecided
they've taken advantage of it to scare people ... we already have 1.5 million people displaced! use ur head
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Adonis4u: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Was it not the same CNN that doesn't know the difference between Niger and Nigeria?
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
NairalandOP:
lwkm grin
Re: CNN False Reporting About Nigeria Again (photos) by johnie: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Make it trend.

#ReportNigeriaCorrectlyCNN

[size=18pt]
Let's make it #ReportNigeriaCorrectly

This is because this is not restricted to CNN
[/size]

Meanwhile #BringBokoHaramToJustice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Blocks Yobe Highway, Battles Soldiers In Adamawa / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV / Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.