Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos (32399 Views)

"NNPC Pipelines In Akwa Ibom Blown Up By Us" - Niger Delta Avengers / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Militants Blow Up NNPC Pipelines In Warri, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
The Nigerian Army said on Sunday that it had taken over the security of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipelines in the Lagos area, along with the Nigerian Navy, and craved the maximum cooperation of host communities.

Colonel Mustapha Anka, the Director, Army Public Relations, 81 Division of the Nigerian Army in Lagos, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Anka said the joint operation, code named: "Operation Awase," was set up to tackle the vandalism of the NNPC pipelines in Majidun, Ikorodu and other parts of the state.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/military-takes-over-nnpc-pipelines-lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Ochiske(m): 11:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
grin

5 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by raayah(f): 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
Good development!!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
raayah:
Good development!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by bashman004: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
its just human nature, when we know there are consequences for our actions or inactions we most likely tend to think twice before we proceed on any course of action..

if I were a military official under the GEJ administration I don't need anyone to tell me that I can do and undo whatever I like..

also, say I were a military official under this present administration, I wouldn't need anyone to tell me to really think and rethink before making any slight decision because I know the OGA at the top now is not to be joke with..

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by ki02020(m): 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
Imagine PDP won the election some agbero would have been left with the duty of guilding the billions of naira projects

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by obaede: 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
Now I know Nigeria has a government. Thank God it's not the clueless one any longer can't just understand why a sensible government will give the security need of a whole country in the hand of ordinary touts and criminals

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
ki02020:
Imagine PDP won the election some agbero would have been left with the duty of guilding the billions of naira projects

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 22, 2015
Lagos is in deep shiit, u see the soldiers completely vandalising those pipes like they did in Enugu.

12 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by phlemzy: 4:26am On Jun 22, 2015
Saboteurs within the army & navy patrols should be watched of for. I think they should be closely checked by external monitoring team occasionally.

19 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by softmind24: 4:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Good no more job for outlaws

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Rad1cal: 4:32am On Jun 22, 2015
Those soldiers don hammer

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by modath(f): 5:02am On Jun 22, 2015
What was so difficult about this directive that tied Jona's hands that all he sang throughout 5+yrs was CABAL

It would never cease to baffle sane minds the reason he thought criminals were the best to entrust security to...

Anyway, he wasn't termed clueless just for the fun of it. cool

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by YoursGEJ(m): 5:07am On Jun 22, 2015
This is how a serious country should operate

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by vanunu: 5:26am On Jun 22, 2015
This is not the function of the army, where is the police?

3 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by olasmith10(m): 5:42am On Jun 22, 2015
The military is better..dier presence is enough to make vandals steer clear from d region!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by olasmith10(m): 5:44am On Jun 22, 2015
vanunu:
This is not the function of the army, where is the police?

did u just relocated to Nigeria?

its better to leave void of security Dan to deploy d police!!!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Pavore9: 5:52am On Jun 22, 2015
That is how it ought to be....the military not militias!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:52am On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari means business. The government of Jonathan lived on excuses. How can a government whose major source of fund is crude keep crying crude is stolen? Thank goodness that the man was removed.

God bless the President.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by vedaxcool(m): 5:53am On Jun 22, 2015
Yet a so called Phd holder couldn't figure this out.

Sai baba.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Wsdm: 5:58am On Jun 22, 2015
eliment:
Now I know Nigeria has a government. Thank God it's not the clueless one any longer can't just understand why a sensible government will give the security need of a whole country in the hand of ordinary touts and criminals
He only gave the contract to his colleagues. Just like Buhari is also giving the contract to his colleagues now(the soldiers). I have come to realise that a president employs most of his associates when he was an ordinary man because they are people who have lived with him for a very long time- jonathan is not an exception.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 22, 2015
standard

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by menesheh(m): 6:15am On Jun 22, 2015
The failure of Buhari is imminent.

Nigeria is sitting on top time bomb with the revoke of these contracts.

Fighting wars from all angles is gonna spell doom to Nigerian and Buhari. He should steer this enormous issues with care especially the re-activation of military bombardment in the creek

3 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Brightology2(m): 6:17am On Jun 22, 2015
Although am from niger delta.I tink dis is a gd step taken by bubu himself.

5 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by koikoi2(m): 6:37am On Jun 22, 2015
If d duty of d army is to secure pipelines then who will fight boko haram and defend this nation? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2015
koikoi2:
If d duty of d army is to secure pipelines then who will fight boko haram and defend this nation? undecided undecided
the army

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by jom28gy(m): 6:43am On Jun 22, 2015
Why now?
Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2015
Nice one!

Excesses must be controlled and vandalism must stop.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by morbeta(m): 7:02am On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:
Lagos is in deep shiit, u see the soldiers completely vandalising those pipes like they did in Enugu.

You don't to worry about that, everybody wants to be in the good book of this Government. A lot of this anormalies will be exposed in due course, just relax and watch how birds will sing among themselves.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos by andre82(m): 7:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Really I don't believe u read this before posting. How can an arm of security be given "contract" of security when it is part of the government? Is the army a private outfit? Or is the army controlled by private individuals?
Wsdm:

He only gave the contract to his colleagues. Just like Buhari is also giving the contract to his colleagues now(the soldiers). I have come to realise that a president employs most of his associates when he was an ordinary man because they are people who have lived with him for a very long time- jonathan is not an exception.

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot And Femi Gbajabiamila Visit Ben Onwuegbuzi (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Learning The Malowa/Palliative Dance (Video) / May 29, 2019: When President Buhari Took His Oath Of Office (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.