Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,074 members, 7,838,715 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis (8465 Views)

Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail / GMB Says Nigeria Has 35 States An He Was RIGHT!!!!!!! -proof Inside- / What Is The Possible Outcome Of Buhari's Certificate Court Judgement Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Tundeajani(m): 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Obiagelli:

On the TV?
yes,
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by publisher(m): 10:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
Ekiti State: PDP 65% APC 35%

Lagos State: PDP 53% APC 47%

Ogun State: APC 58% PDP 42%

Ondo State: PDP 60% APC 40%

Osun State: APC 60% PDP 40%

Oyo State: PDP 52% APC 48%
Personally, i think PDP will do much better than this in the South-west as per presidential elections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tundeajani:
yes,
You have no idea.
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Candyrain(m): 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
Now this is one fool. So if I discuss politics in SW means I am yoruba? Please can someone give this freeglobe the foolish poster of the month?
How come you didn't see the humor in her statement? This isn't right Mr.

1 Like

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Kororugged: 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Jonathanians already conceding defeat and coming up with senseless permutations.

Ondo State is a PDP controlled state and yet the PDP government could not even campaign there. This is a so called 'swing' state. I dey laff

Face reality people. SW is totally for Buhari and get it in your skulls- Yorubas will vote for Change even if Osinbajo was not selected as the incoming VP. In fact, we would have preferred an Amaechi or Okorocha but obviously the party has made their choice.

People can come here and deceive themselves but if you are sincere, you can feel the national temperature. Nigerians are tired of fake goodluck.

APC will get approx 71% of SW votes- no dispute. We all know how the North will play out. APC wins

The only way PDP will win is by rigging and we all know Nigerians are not in the mood for rigging this time around. Jona tan is very stewpid but he is smart enough to know the outcome of rigging in 2015.

7 Likes

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by publisher(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
FACT is PDP/GEJ has a good chance of picking 3 or 4 states in the South-West, but APC/GMB will not even pick ONE state in SE and SS...there lies GEJ's victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by kajoula(m): 10:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
listenersky:
Osun - PDP
Ekiti - PDP
Ondo - APC
OYO - APC
Lagos - APC
Ogun - APC

Till kindom come....ekiti people will never vote PDP again, they've learnt their lesson sorry they are learning their lesson....Fayose spoilt everything. grin
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by HzRF(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Yes they rigged the election in ife east and central, you are an ingrate and blind if u can't see what aregbe has done that help our socio - economic growth. Aregbe is having rest of mind like a fish under a river unlike ur Gej that's under pressure of not losing his seat and end up in high prison kirikiri, Aregbe don't have case as far as tribunal is concern because Omisore's petition is flop, omisore should stop giving u enemies of progress a fake hope. We say no feeeedeeeefeeee in Osun and yes to APC.

Osun Ti'n dara

Sai Buhari
Haa... When I see the so called "leaders of tomorrow" thinking like this... I just smh
Ife voted in akande when we ila and oke-ila orangun(rejected him back then, his home town because he has never be of any benefits to us as I was told even till date)massively for that matter

Ife voted massively for oyinlola..

So they suppose to turn their back on their son... Am sure aregbe didn't rig at all.

I pity ur reasoning, finance perm sec Mr Aina Ayanleye whom also happens to be a member of Adventist Church, my church will never dispute the fact that aregbe make mistake(s) that resulted to what is happening in the state but will maintain that aregbe has good plans for the state whenever members ask how the state got into her present state

This is someone that every penny that is going to be spent in osun goes through his table,he directly benefit from the state govt thru cash and kinds
Yet he never dispute facts itz pple like u that get the crumbs that will be blindly going against the facts

Keep living in fool's paradise
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Swizdoe(m): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Can you explain why Osoba might not support Jonathan?
Osoba is fighting against Amosun and not APC.
Till today, SDP loyalists are always claiming that Amosun joined them, double-crossed and kicked them out of their party.
You ever wondered why Osoba joined SDP and PDP. He didn't want to leave initially but was pressurized by his loyalist when SIA overbearing became too much. He is still very much on the same page with Tinubu but not Amosun.
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Swizdoe(m): 12:30am On Jan 15, 2015
Tundeajani:
daniels boy gni is from yewa do the calculation
Dude I'm just being factual with the present realities on ground.
Don't judge Ogun people based on some perceived cult following.
People now vote with their brains and not with some follow follow mentality. Gni still lost the election in 2011 despite the been a yewa man factor. The only LGA he performed significantly was in Imeeko-afon LGA where he hailed from.
We voted for ACN in 2011 in the gubernatorial elections while we voted pdp in the presidential elections.
Don't be deceived with all this permutations. We might not be rooting for Amosun at the state level but don't translate it into supporting gej at the federal level. You can tour Ijebu/remo and yewa land to confirm what I just said yourself
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by DVanguard: 12:44am On Jan 15, 2015
Tundeajani:
OYO STATE

No much word here,the party that will win the presidential elections in oyo state is that whose candidate is adopted by accord party.this is a topic which has not beign given so much publicity or lobby by the two frontline parties of PDP and APC.accord is to oyo state what cpc of buhari is to northern nigeria.forget the eleites on fb and twitter or mogidi or barcanista will tell you.the politics oyo is very local and mostly not about development but how you can deceive the people with lies,a thing ladoja has done to gain a cult like following.,ashiri of this secrete as we call it in the yoruba is for the two parties to try to strike partnership with ladoja,anyone who gets it is the winner in oyo,shikenna,

to be frank i see PDP winning,they have the bigger money bag.who no like money.not only ladoja,tunde ajani loves money.

Your analysis on Oyo state is a far cry from reality. Ladoja is popular but would not want to trade his popularity for an unpopular candidate. Oyo state is the state PDP used the campaign of " ACN backing a northerner against a SW candidate", stating it as the reason why SW don't have a proper representative in the Top hierarchy of GEJ govt. What would PDP tell the Oyo people now when their son can be a No. 2 citizen of the country.
Down to proper analysis:
Ibadan is going to be a very good show between Ladoja and Ajimobi cos Folarin is not has strong as the two other contestant. A ladoja can never work for GEJ cos of the backlash of the Gubernatorial election.
Oke-ogun, is a good place for PDP cos of the strength of the current senator Agboola but APC would give a good fight (the deputy gov is from that area) cos the emergence of Sen. Agboola changed the game in oke ogun. Previous election, it has always been the strong hold of ACN.
Ogbomosho is the strong hold of LP (Akala). Akala is angry with PDP and he is contesting not because he would win but to destroy the chances of PDP. He see's it as a payback for Folarin (PDP candidate) because of his action 2011. APC is strong in Ogbomosho but not like Akala. in 2011, Hon. Buhari was used to check mate Akala to ensure that fictitious result was not declared from Ogbomosho like previous election. 2015, he is contesting for senate on the platform of APC. Okeogun and 3 LG in Ogbomosho share the same senatorial zone. The in fight between Akala and his former commissioner of LG Sen. Agboola, will work in favour of Hon. Buhari. Ogbomosho have always been a determinate factor in that senatorial zone. Akala feels it is a pay back time for PDP.
Oyo town is a no go area, it is strictly APC because of the strong influence of Alafin of Oyo. Nobody wants to go into a headlock fight with the monarch. His contribution won the election for ACN in 2011. His son is rewarded with federal rep ticket on APC platform.

Oyo state is a very strong political game, but PDP have a divided home. The people have already made up their mind cos of their persevered poor performance of the president. They see him as an incompetent leader cos of the subsidy fraud and the security issue.
The Yoruba's are very difficult to please but easy to work with but once you go against some of the social norms they distaste you. Since the subsidy saga GEJ have lost the love he got in 2011.
Might be wrong, but i see Buhari winning Oyo state with 70% vote.

2 Likes

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by mahjor(m): 2:07am On Jan 15, 2015
publisher:
FACT is PDP/GEJ has a good chance of picking 3 or 4 states in the South-West, but APC/GMB will not even pick ONE state in SE and SS...there lies GEJ's victory.
lmao,bros u dey funny oo..Wakeup from your sleep bro cos Gej will not win a single Sw state.Thats the FACT.. quote me on Feb 16..
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:32am On Jan 15, 2015
barcanista:
Tundeajani, for Oyo state I think the popularity of Ladoja does not go beyond Ibadan. Ogbomoso is the seat of Alao Akala while ibadan, which is the largest is shared between the Governor and Ladoja. Should Ladoja and Akala support PDP, no doubt PDP will win Oyo but not with a wide margin. Politically, oyo state is very unique and the most unpredictable state in the SW. Aside Oyo, I don't see the PDP winning anywhere else in the SW, they may try in Ekiti though

If PDP doesn't win Lagos in the presidential election..........

2 Likes

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:38am On Jan 15, 2015
Tomwizzy:

i just said 10% out of pity for jonathan...he will only lead in niger delta nd southeast...southwest,north central nd northwest votes wil supress jona...if d election is free nd fair...jonathan no go c draw...aint supportin apc o...buh wot z on ground...unles pipu change dia mind by midnyte to feb14

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Adminisher: 4:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

If PDP doesn't win Lagos in the presidential election..........

I tend to agree that PDP is accidentally elevated in Oyo slightly above APC, however they screwed up their primaries and gave SDP some ascendancy. All these however would never translate into votes for Jonathan. Same as Lagos, PDP has a chance to have many representatives in the state house of reps. even going as far as having a majority in that house but Governorship is locked down for Ambode and Buhari/Osinbajo presidency. In the SW always think about the crowd pulling effect of having a Yoruba as VP in Aso Rock. Yorubas are not in politics because of Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 15, 2015
emiye:
The only state PDP can win in SW presidential ballot is Ekiti state.

Lagos 60%, Ogun 75% Oyo 65% Ondo 55% Osun 70% Ekiti 40% for APC. Overall 65% SW for APC

Ekiti people did not vote for political parties during the last gov election, rather, it was personality. The people, except the elite, love Fayose but not PDP. The next election will supprise people even though, Fayose will try to force them to vote for his party but it won't work.
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by odave: 5:21am On Jan 15, 2015
[quote author=Kingspin post=29797525]You bore me with PDP rigging elections. We have seen APC won in an election where both parties participated. When did APC became a saint. Frankly speaking, the two parties do rigged election. Yes the APC and PDP. .[/quote/]

Very correct bro. Ppl see apc as a saint, the only party that will never rig an election...so untrue! Both apc and Pdp are culprit in rigging election but ppl will never admit the truth though bitter. Even before feb 14, we all know the outcome of the election, if pdp wins, the election was rigged and if apc wins, its a free and fair election...that's how some fools started the killing or corps. Members then, what is hapening in your backyard isn't what is happening everywhere, once someone's opinnion differs from yours don't taake such as an enemy, let's try and be objective and keep our mind open, God bless Nigeria
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by MayorofLagos(m): 5:38am On Jan 15, 2015
Davvymavvy:

You are missing it here sir! As much love Ibadan people have for Ladoja, much more they have for Buhari. This is not a party thing but a desire for change that people believe in. I don't have much to type here but I assert with every conviction that Buhari will defeat Jonathan if not in states like Katsina, Kano and Sokoto but definitely in Oyo state, particularly Ibadan!

Buhari used to be the GOC there back when he wore the starched uniform. What was he record in Ibadan? He should resurge his footprint with Ibadan elites back then to awaken sentiments to his camp. This is do or die!! Ibadan politics is raw and dirty!!
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by MayorofLagos(m): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2015
To the person giving Lagos to PDP, not while Im alive!

Lagos State is the arrowhead of APC and the power grab....Obanikoro is politically more ambitious than Agbaje, he is tenacious and rash. Someone like that with a thuggish demeanor are unpredictable as a firebrand and so you eliminate them early on. Thats why Obanikoro did not get the primary, PDP did not work against him.....APC eliminated him!

Agbaje is not going anywhere.

APC - 68%
PDP - 27%
AD - 3%
UPN - 1.9%
APGA - 0.1%

This is the result the dailies will publish. Go ahead and earmark it as a breaking news!! grin

1 Like

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by sparkleRed(f): 6:02am On Jan 15, 2015
listenersky:
Osun - PDP
Ekiti - PDP
Ondo - APC
OYO - APC
Lagos - APC
Ogun - APC
Lagos is changin 2 pdp, cos of Agbaje...pple re lookn @ d candidates and nt d party. Am nt generalising nw, talkin 4rm my area, most re APC buh they prefer Agbaje 2 Ambode

1 Like

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by PassingShot(m): 6:11am On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:

Ekiti State: PDP 60% APC 40% PDP wins

Lagos State: PDP 35% APC 65% APC wins

Ogun State: APC 65% PDP 35% APC wins

Ondo State: PDP 45% APC 55% APC wins

Osun State: APC 70% PDP 30% APC wins

Oyo State: PDP 40% APC 60% APC wins

There you have it!
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by bandol(m): 6:36am On Jan 15, 2015
Ignorance lipsrsealed
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by bettercreature(m): 7:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Osun people are just like one way traffic,,you should remove them out of this analysis it's APC state

1 Like

Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by lakesidepapa(m): 7:45am On Jan 15, 2015
HzRF:

Haa... When I see the so called "leaders of tomorrow" thinking like this... I just smh
Ife voted in akande when we ila and oke-ila orangun(rejected him back then, his home town because he has never be of any benefits to us as I was told even till date)massively for that matter

Ife voted massively for oyinlola..

So they suppose to turn their back on their son... Am sure aregbe didn't rig at all.

I pity ur reasoning, finance perm sec Mr Aina Ayanleye whom also happens to be a member of Adventist Church, my church will never dispute the fact that aregbe make mistake(s) that resulted to what is happening in the state but will maintain that aregbe has good plans for the state whenever members ask how the state got into her present state

This is someone that every penny that is going to be spent in osun goes through his table,he directly benefit from the state govt thru cash and kinds
Yet he never dispute facts itz pple like u that get the crumbs that will be blindly going against the facts

Keep living in fool's paradise

Yes you are right at one side and wrong in another side, let me tell u something today, Ife hate ijesha and they always get jealous of them. Imaging the great job aregbe did in his term through out the state and the only thing for this people to pay him back is to sack him for the sake of their son and turn it out for ijesha, there are even some good people of ife that wanted to vote for aregbe but they were intimidated by pdp thugs and fake dss, thank God for Osogbo, olorunda, ifedayo, ejigbo and ilesa est and wst that turn things around.

I will always maintain that every bad thing that happening to osun state as far as finance is concern is from the federal government, imaging a state that always receive a monthly allocation of 4+billion, just because they are opposing to fed govt led party, they reduced the allocation to 1+billion :O tell me how such state that has been feeding is workers accurately with 3+billion will survive when the allocation reduce to 1+billion. We all know this is the work of Pdp to tanish the good image of Apc and ogbeni in the face of osun worker. God is watching them

Whether u like it or not, Aregbe will finish his full tenure and after his tenure, another governor will come from Osun west under the same incumbent party.............
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by Tundeajani(m): 7:47am On Jan 15, 2015
DVanguard:

Your analysis on Oyo state is a far cry from reality. Ladoja is popular but would not want to trade his popularity for an unpopular candidate. Oyo state is the state PDP used the campaign of " ACN backing a northerner against a SW candidate", stating it as the reason why SW don't have a proper representative in the Top hierarchy of GEJ govt. What would PDP tell the Oyo people now when their son can be a No. 2 citizen of the country.
Down to proper analysis:
Ibadan is going to be a very good show between Ladoja and Ajimobi cos Folarin is not has strong as the two other contestant. A ladoja can never work for GEJ cos of the backlash of the Gubernatorial election.
Oke-ogun, is a good place for PDP cos of the strength of the current senator Agboola but APC would give a good fight (the deputy gov is from that area) cos the emergence of Sen. Agboola changed the game in oke ogun. Previous election, it has always been the strong hold of ACN.
Ogbomosho is the strong hold of LP (Akala). Akala is angry with PDP and he is contesting not because he would win but to destroy the chances of PDP. He see's it as a payback for Folarin (PDP candidate) because of his action 2011. APC is strong in Ogbomosho but not like Akala. in 2011, Hon. Buhari was used to check mate Akala to ensure that fictitious result was not declared from Ogbomosho like previous election. 2015, he is contesting for senate on the platform of APC. Okeogun and 3 LG in Ogbomosho share the same senatorial zone. The in fight between Akala and his former commissioner of LG Sen. Agboola, will work in favour of Hon. Buhari. Ogbomosho have always been a determinate factor in that senatorial zone. Akala feels it is a pay back time for PDP.
Oyo town is a no go area, it is strictly APC because of the strong influence of Alafin of Oyo. Nobody wants to go into a headlock fight with the monarch. His contribution won the election for ACN in 2011. His son is rewarded with federal rep ticket on APC platform.

Oyo state is a very strong political game, but PDP have a divided home. The people have already made up their mind cos of their persevered poor performance of the president. They see him as an incompetent leader cos of the subsidy fraud and the security issue.
The Yoruba's are very difficult to please but easy to work with but once you go against some of the social norms they distaste you. Since the subsidy saga GEJ have lost the love he got in 2011.
Might be wrong, but i see Buhari winning Oyo state with 70% vote.
i bow to superior analysis mo ti gba fun oga mi
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by dayo23(f): 8:11am On Jan 15, 2015
Interesting Topic, an average yoruba man is said to be very educated and intelligent. To me I feel this shouldn't be a case of argument, it just like saying APC will win south-south region,absolutely impossible. APC will only seek 30-40% vote in there, now looking at the south west politics of 2015 not 2011, it will be a shocker if PDP wins a single state in this region, infact I don't see them having the 25% in most state. Except for state like lagos were PDP might have like 30-40% because of the Ibos population in lagos, other south west state Ogun,Oyo,Ondo,Osun,Ekiti, will be a landslide victory for APC, although Ekiti will be dicey. In the sense that the people don't like jonathan but fayose been Gov is a strong factor. I think PDP main disadvantages in SW is one, total neglect of the region by Gej administration, and APC presenting their Son Prof Osinbajo as VP, even an insane yoruba man will vote APC as long as the VP is there own. Come Feb 15th, we will all know if am right or wrong. Gbam!
Re: Possible Outcome;2015 Presidential Election In Yoruba States;an Analysis by shigoslim(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Oyo state politics no be joke. From my observation, it will be an Hercules task for APC to win. Ajimobi is not among the race that can pull crowd for osinbajo/failbuhari.........

Mr barcanista are you from oyo state? If not pls stop all this false assessment. I can boldly tell you that their is no any relationship between ladoja and APC, accord party will cast their for president goodluck likewise SDP, PDP and Labour party.
Beside Ajimobi is no where to be found in oyo state, forget about change ppl shout on Facebook and twitter because non of them possess voters card. Jonathan is not good but APC is worst than Jonathan........... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do The Nigerian Navy Have Submarines? / They Discharged 25 People With Malaria Not Coronavirus - Obasanjo / Mr Peter Obi's home town Agulu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.