Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. (70882 Views)

Amunike, Gaurdiola And Mourinho In The Same Picture. A Blast From The Past. / 10 Highest Paid WWE Wrestlers In 2015 / How Do Wrestlers Bleed? How Real Are The Injuries? Wwe's Darkest Secrets Reveale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by EfemenaXY: 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chillis:

We called it father Christmas grin.

Yeah. smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by goodgood2(m): 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
123 kid
Owen Hart
Macho Man
Earthquake
Rody Piper
Warlord
Diesel Power
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by crazygod(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
I got to this thread late. Anyway, make I post my own. Coco beware. That dude that comes to the ring with a parrot. Kamala and undertakers match still fresh and funny in my mind.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by jnrbayano(m): 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Greg "the hammer" Valentine
Rippo Man
IRS
The Mountee
The Head Shrinkers

Marty Janety (the other half of "Rockers" with Shaun Michaels)

Anvil (the other half of "the hart foundation" with Bret "the Hitman" Hart)

Mankind
Vader
Wild man............

Nostalgia

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Fourwinds: 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
d fight between HITMAN and STONE COLD is one I will never forget in a hurry. I saw d ring soaked in blood( blood of Stone Cold). Stone Cold was a rising Star den and never wanted to lose d fight to Bret Hart. d one between PAPA SANGO and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR was not even a fight. I saw Warrior rolling on d ground when Papa Sango brought out his JUJU.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by xkris11(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
These are my all time great.
Shawn michael and hitman.
I could sit all day to watch fight.
Stone cold Steve and hitman.
Undertaker and Kane.
This fight was epic.fought thrice. Each has to bury one another.

Those were the best fighters and they will remain the best because nowadays wrestling is wack and boring as hell.I just wonder why people love watching it.

2 Likes

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by easy345(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
Yes those guys are legend when it comes to wrestling I cherish those days!!! :DYes those guys are legend when it comes to wrestling I cherish those days!!!
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Burger01(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sile12:

Na so bros, that time wey my papa get one tenant for house wey get money pass my papa. Na dat man first get wooden coloured TV for our area dat time with one gigantic Upper loader Panasonic video player and sender.
The video will be in the room, there was this device (sender) that will transmit it to their sitting room. We, landlord pikin go come dey peep for window dey watch wrestling. Our friend, the man pikin wey dey inside go help us draw curtain make we feel see wella. My dad wanted to stop us from doing that, so he bought one large multi colour nylon like that and pasted it on the screen of our four legged Black&White TV. So someone in the TV with red attire will turn pink or brown....We couldn't argue with those kids then while watching movies cos they transmits it to our apartment using that sender, if they tell us an actor is putting on red we would definitely agree even if they're lying. Those days ehn.....
...and nothing like power failure those days. God, naija good those days. Hehn!, we children go dey play daddy and mummy dey hide under bed dey do God knows what.cheesy
My old man go lock our black and white TV, throw away the key for pocket come dey go office. We go just yimu, go kitchen, take one flat knife use am unlock TV wey we go kick, kick and kick for back before he go showcheesy I will give anything to go back those days as long Ishilove go follow me gocheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by amiskurie(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Where is my boogeyman?
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by BabaPeace: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
What about Vince MCmahon himself. A great wrestler
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by dokunbam(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
mankind

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by okeamuboy: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Micheal ales
The von Eric brothers
The mighty higo
Kabuki
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by easy345(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Fourwinds:
d fight between HITMAN and STONE COLD is one I will never forget in a hurry. I saw d ring soaked in blood( blood of Stone Cold). Stone Cold was a rising Star den and never wanted to lose d fight to Bret Hart. d one between PAPA SANGO and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR was not even a fight. I saw Warrior rolling on d ground when Papa Sango brought out his JUJU.
hahahaah true guy
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by oluphemy24: 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Where is 123 kid? Very skillful wrestler

3 Likes

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by seunayantokun(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mighty Igor - not eagle

Mill (or something) Mascara

Argentina Apollo

Rocky Johnson

There was one of them we used to call baba Elegun Eran who came into the rings with a short heavy club which some of us decided to describe as a club made of animal bones.

And others.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by oluphemy24: 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
And where is razor raymon, mr skirt, owen hart

7 Likes

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by ceejay80s(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
ajebuter:
Even Op doesnt know : Mighty Igor: a very fat and funny wrestler who thrilled us with his funny antics and friendliness even on the ring!
Also: Mascara with his flight and agility and i remember breaking a bone or two trying his flight move.
Not forgetting: The Mangos, Dinos Bravo, Rip Hawk, David Von Eric, Hamed Johnson, bulldog Brower.
These were wrestlers in the early 80s on NTA and i especially love Mighty Igor and his funny dances.
These were violent free yet, professional wrestlers and not the vampires and steriodi blown ones polluting or kids now
Yeah, was fun then
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by evesdon4u: 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sile12:
4. SHAWN MICHAELS.

HBK...Heart Break Kid!!!
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Deltagiant: 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
seunayantokun:
Mighty Igor - not eagle

Mill (or something) Mascara

Argentina Apollo

Rocky Johnson

There was one of them we used to call baba Elegun Eran who came into the rings with a short heavy club which some of us decided to describe as a club made of animal bones.

And others.
You will also recall:

Dino Bravo of the Bravo brothers

Cowboy Bob Ellis

Cowboy Tex Mackenzie

The Mongols

Bulldog Brower

Cowboy Earnie Ladd

Ivan Koloff

Louis Martinez etc... ALL FROM THE IWF

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by ChrisArs: 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
My best fighters then where the hulk,ultimate warrior and the hit man but so inlove with the hitman I call him mr tenacity
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Leez(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sile12:
There was a time in the early 90s when WWF took over our television sets. Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, Wrestle Mania, No Mercy and other such championships were the only things every guy out there was talking about. 80s/90s were the golden era of wrestling, the blood was real and so was our enthusiasm. Taking you years back right into the ring when WWE was WWF, here are wrestlers from the 80s/90s who we simply cannot forget.

1. HULK HOGAN.
Ultimate warrior died last year sad
Kamala lost his legs to diabetes
But op why u leave out macho man and razor ramon,mick foley aka mankind and owen hart even rick flair sef
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by joywendy(f): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
op what about

Ric FLair,

mick floyly( cant remember the spelling now. he was three in one. socks man, mask and something else)

Tripple H,

Kane,( how would you mention undertaker and forget him?)

Dwanye THE ROCK Johnson,

Edge,

christian,

booker T

The hardy boyz (jeff and matt hardy)

The great vince mcmahon and his family.

what about our female wrestlers like Trish and ko?

MEHN! the list is endless.....what a great show! until recently undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by arusoncd(m): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ while fighting all the
corrupt cabals said:
"Prevention is better than
cure.". While Buhari said:
"Allow them to steal or loot
then put them to jail." Now
which one is better?
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Uffakowoicho(m): 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Michael A,Terry born Henry,kabuki,thunder kid n superfly,dino bravo n tito Santana
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by vivalavida(m): 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Where is rick flair?
That cunning old man.
What of Booker T?
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by tuffgongjo(m): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
holyokoto:

There father was the Original Gold dust of 1992
Runnels'(goldust)father is Virgil Runnels popularly known as "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes(wikipedia),hope this clears the question?

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by spencekat(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
I loved seeing Hulk fight those days.The likes of Undertaker,Ultimate Warrior,Hit man,Viper etc brought glamour to wrestling.Wrestling was my childhood favourite sport.Now,as an adult,Football is my only and most cherished game.Some are still ardent viewers of wrestling till date.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by eightsin(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
codeafrica:
booker T.

Lazy booker T. Always cheating.

My best was undertaker. I loved the fight with his brother the kain. It was very bloody
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by NigerMan1: 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Sile12:
There was a time in the early 90s when WWF took over our television sets. Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, Wrestle Mania, No Mercy and other such championships were the only things every guy out there was talking about. 80s/90s were the golden era of wrestling, the blood was real and so was our enthusiasm. Taking you years back right into the ring when WWE was WWF, here are wrestlers from the 80s/90s who we simply cannot forget.

1. HULK HOGAN.

At OP, do you know that many of the wrestlers you listed are DEAD?

Hulk Hogan and Undertaker are still alive. Kamala (The Uganda Giant) presently had both legs amputated due to diabetes disease. Very horrifying seeing him in that terrible condition, helpless on a wheelchair, and very poor.

For those mentioning Mighty Igor, British Bulldog, they belong to an older generation of 70s and early / mid 80s wrestlers. Mighty Igor died many years ago. Mill Mascaras was a very young man then, but now in his 70s.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by joywendy(f): 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
dokunbam:
mankind

yesss!!! mick foley....trying to remember the alternate name.

loved that man!
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
naijajock:
Sky Low Low

I don old o , I remember this sky low low guy way back in the early 80's - mid 80's
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Bruno3000(m): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
arusoncd:
GEJ while fighting all the
corrupt cabals said:
"Prevention is better than
cure.". While Buhari said:
"Allow them to steal or loot
then put them to jail." Now
which one is better?
pls stop interfering our sweet child hood memories with ur stupid politicians... Ok guys who is the most successful wrestler of all times?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nba Season '08/09 / Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Mourinho Looked Embarrassed On A TV Show With Bikini Clad Lady (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.