Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month (2830 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Why GMB May Not Get To Aso Rock Despite The Ongoing Overwhelming Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Natureboyraph(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2015
Former President of the Nigerian Bar
Association (NBA) Olisa Agbakoba (SAN)
said that General Muhammadu Buhari,
presidential candidate from the All
Progressive Congress (APC) could be
disqualified from contesting the 2015
general election.
In the video of the Channels TV Agbakoba said
he had a good look at the nomination form
especially as the current form for the 2015
elections is different.
The new form has a fragment titled ‘Produce
Evidence Of Qualification’. In his own calculation,
this part was not filled in properly by General
Buhari and this might cause a problem down the
line.
He said: “As lawyers we go for evidence, based
on the form before me, I do feel that the form
has been wrongly filled. I saw in the papers
yesterday … but I wished that the certificate was
not published so that the distraction will not be
there.
“The last thing we want is for General Buhari to
be disqualified for none completion of the form.
The truth is that he did not complete the form; he
put in an affidavit that his certificates are with
the army, that is non-compliance, so generally
speaking General Buhari has not completed the
form correctly.”

The lawyer added INEC cannot disqualify Buhari
since the Supreme Court mastered the last time
it disqualified Atiku Abubakar.
“I would rather that INEC did not but what I will
says is that If INEC sees that the form is not
completed, they might then write to the person
or not publish the form… If you don’t fill it
properly then you have no form. If you did not fill
the form properly in accordance with INEC
directive then you have not filled the form at
all”, he said.
“We are concerned with what the law says, the
law says that authenticate your affidavit and you
can only authenticate it by attaching originals of
your certificates, so if we start by saying that the
certificates are not there, we conclude by saying
that what will the court make of it”, Agbakoba
added.
Since General Buhari succumbed an affirmation
sworn to in an Abuja High Court to the INEC
indicating that his certificates are with the
Nigerian military, controversy has continued to
rage over the development.
A source said the confirmation overthrew to at
the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, High Court,
Abuja and dated November 24, 2014, was
stamped and received at INEC headquarters on
December 18, 2014.

7 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by oneeast: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari will not survive this heat. He should just give it up. Its a GAME OVER for him..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by temitemi1(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari, where is ur certificate grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

14 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by kelvine(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2015
Source ? web link ?....
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by BlackTechnology: 9:04am On Jan 16, 2015
shocked Please don't ooooo

We want him to cry more cool

7 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by tomakint: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2015
This can only get worst especially to those shouting 'Sai Buhari'........I wondered how Buhari got himself into this deep poo and he is not being remorseful about it. The constitution is bigger than anyone and it was stated clearly that the minimum is a 'School Certificate' (be it Primary or Secondary) yet our friend is yet to produce a 'hardcopy' for all to SEE!

4 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by mrvitalis(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2015
it so clear now that Jonathan knows in a free and fair poll he will lose .....
now they are looking for lope holes
...disqualification of buhari will bring anarchy ...
..like it or not that is d truth .....
....but so if fire catches or certificate ....will it mean u can't use affidavits in place of it to look for work??
and this mans says he is a San .....
...what a country ....

5 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by SeverusSnape(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Holywizard: 9:11am On Jan 16, 2015
dis can neva happen in developed countries...if u re nt qualified, what a hell are u vying de post for?

12 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by mrvitalis(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2015
the military say the have photocopy of his credentials ....as I always say ....
PDP go to court .....but they won't ...cause they know the truth ....
so cheap blackmail is their only option ...
...but sorry for them for me and my family its
..sai buhari ....come 2015

4 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Natureboyraph(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2015
kelvine:
Source ? web link ?....
www.hotgistng.com/?p=2406

2 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by waternogeteneny: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari u go wound O! The Presidency is too hot for u.

6 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by maryam6(f): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Toooooo much noise already, pls febuary should come and go make we hear word.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by demelza: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2015
The rabid dogs are gathered here.
Continue

5 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Natureboyraph(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2015
mrvitalis:
the military say the have photocopy of his credentials ....as I always say ....
PDP go to court .....but they won't ...cause they know the truth ....
so cheap blackmail is their only option ...
...but sorry for them for me and my family its
..sai buhari ....come 2015
You just amuse me.........he lied in the affidavit when he stated his original certificates are with the Army which they outrightly denied....that on its own is an offence against the Constitution of Nigeria called PERJURY.....And he still can't provide or give any reasonable explanationm. What on earth is blackmail about it??

6 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Dannyset(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2015
oneeast:
Buhari will not survive this heat. He should just give it up. Its a GAME OVER for him..

Sorry! Prolly ur the one that won't survive the hyper-hypertension of seeing Buhari announced as the Winner come Febuhari 14.
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by lagdmark(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2015
TINUBU and his boys new already that alhaji Buhari may be disqualified because his academic credentials are questionable
Secondly, news of Buhari's health is deteriorating,
Of all the intelligent and successful politicians in SW, they just picked the boy osinbajo as vice the guy who will take over in case Buhari cannot make it. I personally respect and applaud Tinubu for this strategy, at lease let the power remain in the Southern part of Nigeria either GEJ or Osinbajo that is the change!

3 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2015
Spreads mat on thread.

GEJtill2019

5 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by SweetJoystick(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2015
I dey wait angry
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Caseless: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2015
oneeast:
NOTHING go stop buhari; na Only God fit do that one. You hacks and ur useless paymasters can only bark, u can't bite.
sai Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Mystic1(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2015
mrvitalis:
....but so if fire catches or certificate ....will it mean u can't use affidavits in place of it to look for work??
...what a country ....
Is it Jonathan that's looking for loop holes or Buhari? Jonathan to me is trying to defend the constitution while buhari is trying to bypass it by jumping fence. Pls stop being a hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2015
Caseless:
NOTHING go stop buhari; na Only God fit do that one. You hacks and ur useless paymasters can only bark, u can't bite.
sai Buhari!
rabid dog spilling saliva.

4 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by KanwuliaJara: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2015
GOOD NEWS!!!!

[size=20pt]GIVE US A HEALTHY NORTHERNER PLEASE!!!!! SAVE NIGERIA FROM OBJ AND TINUBU WITH THEIR MANGO-MANGO AND BORN-TO-LOOT MENTALITY OF THE WEST!!!!GOOOOOOOOOO TIKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUU. . . THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!! kiss

I DON'T WANT JONATHAN BADLUCK!!!!!
[/size]

Prinsppppa! Errrrhn?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm6AGpM4GRg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Chubhie: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Sai Buhari

1 Share

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by OracleMxNelson(m): 10:03am On Jan 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Amanwulu1(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2015
mrvitalis:
...what a country ....
d way some of u reason amazes me. In Law u n I are lay men n u open ur mouth in a public forum witout shame.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by major466(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari doesn't have a school certificate. He joined the Nigerian Army through quota system of the North were competency and merits are irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Trailblazer1(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2015
Till then
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 16, 2015
Rough play!

Bad joke!

Source ooooooooo
Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by Vicotex(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Buhari, where is ur certificate grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
dem say make he go sch he say no, na cows he wan breed

5 Likes

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by egift(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2015
OP when last did you treat Malaria? grin grin grin grin

Sai Buhari. #Change is here.

1 Like

Re: GMB May Be Disqualified From Contesting Next Month by reborn1: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2015
[s]
oneeast:
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Condemns Reduction Of Petrol Pump Price / Certificates Of Pres. Jonathan & Sambo – This What We Found / Boko Haram: A Defeat That Never Was.- CNN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.