Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi (28229 Views)

Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=Uncleodi post=29865317]The fact still remains that Edon never had the ambition of becoming governor. He was literally pushed as someone that can give Umahi a good chase for his money.

Owing to this, LP became vindictive and most likely won't have a good agenda if voted into Power. While on the other hand, Umahi has been nursing his ambition since 2007 and is likely to have a better agenda for the state just to prove a point that he is not as bad as people think.

The undoing of Elechi backfired against him. In as much as Sam Egwu helped him win in 2007, his government ran a closed doors against Sam Egwu.

I won't really say that Elechi was greedy like a lot of people will put it, but his stepping on too many toes will keep hunting him.
-How many people really benefited from Elechi's government?
-How many youths got employed?

Bro u really nailed it.As a true Ebonyian,i want the best hand to take over from Elechi,but we should all know that Elechi had a good agenda from the begining but changed drastically during his second tenure in office.He allowed chalantant and tout like Chinedu Ogah to keep deceiving him while their reign lasted.
I sincerely like what befalled him and his old fashioned gang,the man later became so wicked that his own people hate him with passion.
16years of democracy, we will get there after all Rome was not built in a day.

Our only state university[EBSU] has been brought to its kneel making it a glorified primary school,where lectureras do as they like.I join u to pray that God with his ifinit mercy should give us a man with vision...yes! vision alone.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 11:10am On Jan 17, 2015
UncleOdi,i'm sorry for the mix-up from ur post,is just that u raised a very importan questions up there.
Stay cool.

1 Like

Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by plendil: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2015
ejihand:

My arguments is based on recent happenings. A lot of people believe Edon is not a politician and the political structures he now has on ground was built hastily. Hence, a greater part of this structures are unfortunately going to collapse few days to election when probably a lot of give-and-take round talks may have been finalized. Yes, the election will be keenly contested but PDP will still have the upper hand. Personality of Mr president is actually a selling point for Umahi. Don't make me laugh in uburu please.

I quite agree. In fact I understand he was hastily considered mainly because of his deep pockets and Chukwu's alleged refusal to run on the LP platform after the PDP primary fiasco. Nkwegu has zero political experience and may likely be a pawn in the hands of the more powerful and experienced politicians.

The point remains that the race will not be a walk over for the PDP. Elechi may taken a beating politically, but it would be a mistake to dismiss him as down and out. The old man still commands considerable influence in the state and though he claims to still be in the PDP, its crystal clear that his body and soul is with the Edon group in LP.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by Atonto: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2015
Which one do you prefer now....
Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria T A N
or
Change Ambassador of Nigeria C A N
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by plendil: 11:36am On Jan 17, 2015
I listened to the ever-garrulous commissioner of commerce on TV this morning and was asked to comment on embarssing incident that played out in the stadium the day before.

He responded that "those who booed the governor were obviously rented". He claimed that the governor had received 'security' reports that a group was planning on booing him at the venue but insisted nothing should be done to prevent them(!!!). I just had to laugh at the sheer silliness of it. grin grin

When asked to explain why the governor, of all people, was not allowed to speak at the really, he merely fumbled and claimed there was no protocol that says a governor must address the crowd. REALLY?? shocked shocked grin
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
plendil:
I listened to the ever-garrulous commissioner of commerce on TV this morning and was asked to comment on embarssing incident that played out in the stadium the day before.

He responded that "those who booed the governor were obviously rented". He claimed that the governor had received 'security' reports that a group was planning on booing him at the venue but insisted nothing should be done to prevent them(!!!). I just had to laugh at the sheer silliness of it. grin grin

When asked to explain why the governor, of all people, was not allowed to speak at the really, he merely fumbled and claimed there was no protocol that says a governor must address the crowd. REALLY?? shocked shocked grin
gringrin
A sinking man has to hold on to something...Ifeanyi Ike is camelon.simple.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by ejihand(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
plendil:

I quite agree. In fact I understand he was hastily considered mainly because of his deep pockets and Chukwu's alleged refusal to run on the LP platform after the PDP primary fiasco. Nkwegu has zero political experience and may likely be a pawn in the hands of the more powerful and experienced politicians.

The point remains that the race will not be a walk over for the PDP. Elechi may taken a beating politically, but it would be a mistake to dismiss him as down and out. The old man still commands considerable influence in the state and though he claims to still be in the PDP, its crystal clear that his body and soul is with the Edon group in LP.
I never implied it will be a work over sir. Infact, that's why I didn't suggested 100% votes for Umahi. I am only been optimistic based on the recent happenings in the state. As I am talking, there is a reconciliation committee headed by ex-deputy governor, prof Ogbu, to reconcile all aggrieved members. It is also pertinent to mention that this committee has recorded some successes (details later). A greater percent of people in LP like you earlier suggested are there to pad their pockets with naira.
O yes! Umahi is no saint just like every other nigeria politician. He has its own shortcomings. However, GEJ govt has been good in interms of appointments of ebonyians to public offices. Umahi will ride on the shoulders of GEJ achievements to govt house. Elechi step on big names in the state lately. It is pay back time for these big names. Have u wondered why the big names are with the Umahi camps sir? of course elechi is bitter about how things turn against him lately. I tel you sir, and you can quote me anywhere: elechi is no longer a fierce player in the political fortunes of the state. I see him been anxious to handover to the governor elect. PDP as a party is a better selling products when u compare it to other parties in ebonyi state , not because elechi has performed well. Infact, most of the ebonyians only know that the umbrella is for PDP. It will take quite a while for other parties like LP, APc etc to gain ground in ebonyi. So my brother, I see Umahi at the govt house.

1 Like

Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by ObiOkpor(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
ejihand:

I never implied it will be a work over sir. Infact, that's why I didn't suggested 100% votes for Umahi. I am only been optimistic based on the recent happenings in the state. As I am talking, there is a reconciliation committee headed by ex-deputy governor, prof Ogbu, to reconcile all aggrieved members. It is also pertinent to mention that this committee has recorded some successes (details later). A greater percent of people in LP like you earlier suggested are there to pad their pockets with naira.
O yes! Umahi is no saint just like every other nigeria politician. He has its own shortcomings. However, GEJ govt has been good in interms of appointments of ebonyians to public offices. Umahi will ride on the shoulders of GEJ achievements to govt house. Elechi step on big names in the state lately. It is pay back time for these big names. Have u wondered why the big names are with the Umahi camps sir? of course elechi is bitter about how things turn against him lately. I tel you sir, and you can quote me anywhere: elechi is no longer a fierce player in the political fortunes of the state. I see him been anxious to handover to the governor elect. PDP as a party is a better selling products when u compare it to other parties in ebonyi state , not because elechi has performed well. Infact, most of the ebonyians only know that the umbrella is for PDP. It will take quite a while for other parties like LP, APc etc to gain ground in ebonyi. So my brother, I see Umahi at the govt house.
You are so wrong sir. The political gladiators in Ebonyi state wouldn‘t allow that to happen.
I can tell you that,the people that will likely vote for devil umahi, sorry Dave umahi are his home town (not all though,cause they don‘t love him).
As for Edon,forget stories that he is not a politician.He has gotten virtually some local government chairmen and co-ordinators in his camp.
Edon is our next governor.
Thanks.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by bodija2015(m): 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
We the Eboyians are not ready to vote for Dave Umahi but we can vote for GEJ in PDP. That is it...
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by ejihand(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
ObiOkpor:

You are so wrong sir. The political gladiators in Ebonyi state wouldn‘t allow that to happen.
I can tell you that,the people that will likely vote for devil umahi, sorry Dave umahi are his home town (not all though,cause they don‘t love him).
As for Edon,forget stories that he is not a politician.He has gotten virtually some local government chairmen and co-ordinators in his camp.
Edon is our next governor.
Thanks.

Bro, I guess the so called power gladiators of urs are in person of francis orji, elechi, igwe nwagwu etc. Please it wl do all us good if you can mention this so called political gladiators, so that we can both x-ray their political worthiness. I know that Umahi camp has big names like former governor (sam ekwu), present SFG, pius anyim, incumbent ebonyi south senator, sunni ogbuoji, most of state house of assembly members, 65% of L.g.a chairman (i won't mention those L.G.A) across the state etc. My point is that he has the right pple to work with.
For the record, his name is Dave Umahi. Stop playing politics with bitterness. Politics is a game of number not just sitting behind your laptop and spew nonsense. That man you call devil is as old as your father. Please show him some respect. We will meet on february 14.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by ObiOkpor(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
ejihand:

Bro, I guess the so called power gladiators of urs are in person of francis orji, elechi, igwe nwagwu etc. Please it wl do all us good if you can mention this so called political gladiators, so that we can both x-ray their political worthiness. I know that Umahi camp has big names like former governor (sam ekwu), present SFG, pius anyim, incumbent ebonyi south senator, sunni ogbuoji, most of state house of assembly members, 65% of L.g.a chairman (i won't mention those L.G.A) across the state etc. My point is that he has the right pple to work with.
For the record, his name is Dave Umahi. Stop playing politics with bitterness. Politics is a game of number not just sitting behind your laptop and spew nonsense. That man you call devil is as old as your father. Please show him some respect. We will meet on february 14.
I don‘t spew nonsense guy. Am entitled to my opinion so do you.
I will not go into politics with you,but come next month,Edon will sweep all your votes clean.
# i can call anybody whatever names i like#
Thanks once more bro.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by lisimmo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
PollNaija Opinion poll:

How would you rate Jonathan-led administration in war against corruption?

Result so far
Woeful:66.7%
Bad: 33.3%
Fair:0%
Good:0%
Excellent:0%

See pics

Download PollNaija app at

www.e-testpedia.com/PollNaija.apk

to vote.

Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by Nuzo1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
Aside from GEJ and the APGA's Ebonyi central senatorial candidate; Prof Odoh...the other positions in the state is anybody's game.

Buying up party's officials does not equal winning in the general election. Even worst now that about 4 parties has a strong presence in the state.

Ebonyi is about to experience a Democratic turning point like how Anambra, Edo and Imo did some years back.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by gbodimowo(m): 12:56am On Jan 18, 2015
Collynzo9:
They booed Martin Elechi when his name was mentioned, but they love Goodluck and the PDP governorship candidate judging from the reception given to them.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by nkpommpko(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2015
cole265:

You will give some people heart attack o!
abeg oooo! Na people dey vote ooo! And the fun about it is you can't vote more than once.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by nkpommpko(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2015
FKO81:

Do you think your party will win election with propaganda and lies? A program that I watched from start to finish, yes they pooed the governor but the cheered PDP governoship candidate and mr president and his wife. Ebonyi is 100% PDP state
I saw a yes in your post, so that means I scored 50% pass mark
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2015
ObiOkpor:

I don‘t spew nonsense guy. Am entitled to my opinion so do you.
I will not go into politics with you,but come next month,Edon will sweep all your votes clean.
# i can call anybody whatever names i like#
Thanks once more bro.
Bro that Edon of a guy may not pull any strong weight.power will not go to Ebonyi north again.
Did you hear me?
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 6:51am On Jan 19, 2015
Nuzo1:
Aside from GEJ and the APGA's Ebonyi central senatorial candidate; Prof Odoh...the other positions in the state is anybody's game.

Buying up party's officials does not equal winning in the general election. Even worst now that about 4 parties has a strong presence in the state.

Ebonyi is about to experience a Democratic turning point like how Anambra, Edo and Imo did some years back.
That is what every Ebonyi man is praying for,political shake up...big change.
God bless Ebonyi state.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2015
ejihand:

You are down with the truth.
I like ur detailed analysis.
stay cool Bro.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by Clerverly: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2015
achi4u:
You are down with the truth.
I like ur detailed analysis.
stay cool Bro.

What happened to your support for Elechi? I could remember how had attacked me here severally because of elechi! grin

Truth is, Elechi is bad but Dave Umahi a very close pal is worse! Take it to the Bank! Dave is in the league of Wike, Fayose etc!
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Clerverly:

What happened to your support for Elechi? I could remember how had attacked me here severally because of elechi! grin

Truth is, Elechi is bad but Dave Umahi a very close pal is worse! Take it to the Bank! Dave is in the league of Wike, Fayose etc!

Yes I do support Elechi government due to some of his massive infrastructure but later allowed himself to be used by those chalantants surrendering him.
The man really tried.
As for Dave ....we are btw the devil and the red sea.But we Still have a choice to make sha.
Re: Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi by ObiOkpor(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2015
achi4u:
Bro that Edon of a guy may not pull any strong weight.power will not go to Ebonyi north again.
Did you hear me?
Lols bro. I heard you,but mind you that politics is unpredictable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimaroke Nnamani Floors Gilbert Nnaji In Appeal Court / Rufai Mukhtar Danmaje Demands Fashola's Sack For "Failing Northern Region" / 2023: Nnamani, Chime To Lead Campaign For Tinubu In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.