Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve (12976 Views)

FG Splits NIPOST Into 7 Zones, 6 Business Units / National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll / NIPOST To Issue Passport And Driver’s Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by hauwababy: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
Good day Nairalanders.
I was shocked when I got to the post office today and I was told I had to pay N500 for a single parcel received. I was shocked because I know you only pay for a parcel when you send it not when it is received. The painful thing is that the parcel is very small. So you can imagine my pain when I had to pay N2,000 for 4 chinkele parcels i.e N500 x 4.
When I complained. I was told that it is the new order from Abuja, that you are to pay before you collect any parcel, no matter how small.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where this happens. Bad enough we have to pay for every thing in this country; from paying for our international passports (in most countries, your passport is free oh!), sinking our boreholes, paying vigilante to provide security, paying the very annoying fixed service charge on electricity that is not even constant, now we have to pay for any parcel we receive through NIPOST?

If we have to pay for all these, why do we pay taxes? Why do we have leaders?

Which way Nigeria? When would all these exploitation by our leaders end? I am so angry right now and I feel Nairaland is the best place to make my voice heard. All these nonsense have to stop. Let us make our voices heard so this exploitation would stop.

4 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
this is why I must vote Buhari!! so that real thunder will fire them finish and roast them in jail.

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by ThisisBuhari: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes. I used to pay, but atimes they dont collect if the item is very very small. Anyway 500 Naira is too much. Minimum should have start from 100 Naira. Imagine shipping from China for free and paying on arrival.

I hope APC and Buhari will take note.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
They could be lying. Request for a receipt next time and if they refuse to give you, then is not official and if they gives you. You can call the headquarters to demand for explanation

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by hauwababy: 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
gboss4sure:
They could be lying. Request for a receipt next time and if they refuse to give you, then is not official and if they gives you. You can call the headquarters to demand for explanation

I don't think they are lying. They showed me a notice on the wall.

As for Buhari coming in to make things better, remember APC has a thing with imposing taxes. Check all the states they control. They are always looking for ways to tax the masses; albeit double taxation sometimes. Anyhoo, I pray he is actually different. I pray Nigeria moves forward and our leaders stop making life difficult for us.

2 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by hauwababy: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
gboss4sure:

I don't think they are lying. They showed me a notice on the wall.

As for Buhari coming in to make things better, remember APC has a thing with imposing taxes. Check all the states they control. They are always looking for ways to tax the masses; albeit double taxation sometimes. Anyhoo, I pray he is actually different. I pray Nigeria moves forward and our leaders stop making life difficult for us.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by VKasparov(m): 2:07am On Mar 15, 2015
I went to Yola post office recently to collect a small parcel containing a Micro SIM Adaptor (worth NGN400) I purchased at Aliexpress.com and the NIPOST staff there told me that there is a circular from "above" that every NIPOST customer must henceforth pay NGN500 per parcel at the point of collection for items bought online.

I explain to them that this was a personal and not a commercial item hence even Nigeria Customs Service did not charge import duty on it. I also explained that I had already paid AliExpress shipping and handling fees for the product and that the product was not even worth up to NGN500. The staff insisted that they were only following orders. I also learnt that the N500 was just for smaller packages but that the costs would increase for larger packages.

I was surprised that one had to pay money to collect a parcel the sender had already sent and paid postage fees for. They called it handling charge... The Free Online Dictionary defines "handling charge” as the cost of packaging and mailing an order. What has this charge got to do with receiving a package? NIPOST did not do the packaging or mailing. Their only duty was to deliver it.

I have resolved that the Nigerian factor has again come to play and one Oga at the Top was actually collecting and embezzling this money they are now collecting. Most people these days buy their items online and so it now seems that NIPOST is getting a lot of parcels lately, especially from China and so, might have introduced these fees just to make money which may never get into the account of government.

They say ANYTHING GOES in Nigeria but a situation where public establishments exploit the citizenry at will, is really taking it too far.

Eagerly waiting for March 28 to vent out my anger on this rotten system.

Sai Buhari!!!

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Renamy: 4:15am On Jul 29, 2015
This story has not changed. If the fee is for government what can we do to ensure they provide official receipt as the parcel shipped through EMS ?

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by baconline(m): 6:10am On Jul 29, 2015
Its the same situation in ibadan,pay before you receive, we need change

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 29, 2015
If that will resuscitate the already dead Nipost, God I beg you oo.

My people, abeg pay the 500 with joy and keep our post office working. Who knows, it may end up being an employer of labour again.

Do you know USPS I mean US Postal service is one of the highest employers of labour in that country.

Abeg pay the 5H with smiles joor. grin

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by tunnis888888: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
Pls I need ur help I ship my stuff wit usps nd since last few day I haven't got my package pls my tracking # start wit EZ
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by arinessav: 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
Today in lagos at about 2:10pm i went to pick uo my parcel at nipost office oshodi. With all the uselss delays i encountered there the lady n her madam that attended to me charged me 3000 naira for 11pieces of cake silicone molds that weighed 0.41kg. Nigeria is something else honeslty. I asked her to show me where it says i will pay a whoke 3000 naira for an item that i came in via free shipping. Na so so extortion those useless yoruba women there do. I tot it was 500 per parcel. There r no forms of checks and balances in this country. I felt so used today. She even said she was doing me a favor. Oh lord! Nawa for Nigeria. I asked her to tender a reciept for payment she then called her madam. That one sef na orginal thief thief!!!!.

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Epiphanus20(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
this is why I must vote Buhari!! so that real thunder will fire them finish and roast them in jail.
I JUST WANNA REMIND U DIS POST

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by JandyJ(m): 10:45pm On Mar 02, 2018

Where's the Buhari now?? What has he done so far about it?

5 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by FarahAideed: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
JandyJ:

Where's the Buhari now?? What has he done so far about it?

Today the people dont even have money to buy things from Ali express and the post office are back to being redundant again unlike during Jonathan's time that is was bustling with activities ...God Punish Buhari

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by JandyJ(m): 1:19am On Mar 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

Today the people dont even have money to buy things from Ali express and the post office are back to being redundant again unlike during Jonathan's time that is was bustling with activities ...God Punish Buhari

Post office has really Ripped a lot of our cash
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by exclusiveksa(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
anytime you want to receive anything in post office and they claim such amount..just ask them to issue you a receipt for the payment. insist on collecting your item before you leave and if you will pay anything for the govt,you need a receipt for the payment....you will see their response. if its item they are not suppose to charge anything ,they will ask you to go. thank me later!

3 Likes

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by 2fine2fast(m): 6:27am On Mar 04, 2018
I also pay to receive my stuffs here in South Africa. I pay 50 rands per package equivalent to 1500 naira.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Phemzy35: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
This Nigeria postal service really crazy.. I went to their office this morning to receive my package from them.. When i get there, i told them that am here to receive my package from them they asked me to have my seat, some few minute they called me. I went to them my aim to them is to handover my package for me in few minute the lady asked me to help her bring calculator from one desk like that and I help her to picked it and i gave it to her, later the next thing i heard from the lady is that, she told me that am going to pay sum of #7000 to receive my package. I was so surprised my people.. Instantly i asked her for what and I let her know that the person that sent me the package have already payed everything why are they still asking me to pay another money again? The lady telling me that the money is for customs people.. Later i asked her give me the paper that is her hand she gave it to me but what surprise me most is that when I looked at the paper, my people i saw #6,642 and she's telling me to pay #7,000. what for? she said that shey i don't know that Christmas done enter ni? That's what she told me o, my people in nigeria I bust laugh and I really mad seriously with her And i left their office instantly. My people Where are we going to in this country? I don't really understand this anymore which can stupid nipost we have in this Nigeria and we have leaders o? or we no have again ni ? This happened at ipaja post office Lagos.. This is terrible and bad service.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by saheedandu(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2019
I just have my own fair share of the fraud going on in nipost,I went to pick up my delivery myself at nipost in CMS,I was charged #500 for a set of joggers and #200 for a wrist watch that I already paid for delivery from AliExpress.. no receipt.. just saw it written on my package.. something needs to be done
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by gra8mind(m): 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
I don't need to narrate my ordeal, pls what is the way forward
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by nickxtra(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
ThisisBuhari:
Yes. I used to pay, but atimes they dont collect if the item is very very small. Anyway 500 Naira is too much. Minimum should have start from 100 Naira. Imagine shipping from China for free and paying on arrival.

I hope APC and Buhari will take note.
Buhari needs the money for his election campaigns
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by SalamRushdie: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2019

how market sir
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by mycar: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Absolutely true, useless government
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by michaelwilli(m): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
hauwababy:
Good day Nairalanders.
I was shocked when I got to the post office today and I was told I had to pay N500 for a single parcel received. I was shocked because I know you only pay for a parcel when you send it not when it is received. The painful thing is that the parcel is very small. So you can imagine my pain when I had to pay N2,000 for 4 chinkele parcels i.e N500 x 4.
When I complained. I was told that it is the new order from Abuja, that you are to pay before you collect any parcel, no matter how small.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where this happens. Bad enough we have to pay for every thing in this country; from paying for our international passports (in most countries, your passport is free oh!), sinking our boreholes, paying vigilante to provide security, paying the very annoying fixed service charge on electricity that is not even constant, now we have to pay for any parcel we receive through NIPOST?

If we have to pay for all these, why do we pay taxes? Why do we have leaders?

Which way Nigeria? When would all these exploitation by our leaders end? I am so angry right now and I feel Nairaland is the best place to make my voice heard. All these nonsense have to stop. Let us make our voices heard so this exploitation would stop.

What documents did they request for?
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by meccuno: 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
buhari has fixed Nigeria. its now an eldorado.

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by datigbogirl: 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
saheedandu:
I just have my own fair share of the fraud going on in nipost,I went to pick up my delivery myself at nipost in CMS,I was charged #500 for a set of joggers and #200 for a wrist watch that I already paid for delivery from AliExpress.. no receipt.. just saw it written on my package.. something needs to be done

Hello, pls about 3 of items have just arrived out of 8 I ordered via Aliexpress, my current location is however 8hrs away from the nearest post office cos I'm in Taraba State and most of the post offices are redundant. Now I want to ask if it's possible to delay before I go and collect those parcels and what are the consequences of delaying please? Thanks.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by codeworks(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2019
I was charged N500 for parcel that weighed 0.16kg. This country is really frustrating people.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by tmphoto(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Please house, who knows the amount they charge for sending international packet
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by MayorofLagos(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
When they removed Fowler as head of FIRS and put Northerner who claimed falsely that Fowler did not do good job and was incompetent in his job many of you cheered Fowler's removal.

FIRS has imposed revenue generation in many areas, this NIPOST fee is an extension of that (call it statutory robbery). At the end of the year after robbing us they will still not meet FIRS performance under Fowler. Many billions would be missing.
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by Saucekide25(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2020

Do you still want to vote in Buhari, my brother?
Re: NIPOST Now Charges N500 For Any Parcel You Receieve by nlPoster: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2020
There seems to be a lot of NIPOST on nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? / EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account / Osun 2018: Buhari, APC South West Stakeholders Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.