Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1001176 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2015
styles2009:

Hello
I read your post concerning doing your master program in Hamburg and want to go with your wife and a kid.
My question as someone,who's in Hamburg over a year now, What's your plan after your master program? Do you want to work and reside here? or go back to naija? Am asking this question before i can give my own opinion.
Cheers

Hello Styles,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. The plan after M.Sc is to try and gain industrial experience in Germany with some OEMs and push on accordingly from there meaning I plan to stay after M.Sc but I am also not against coming back to naija if it gets to that (hope all turns out well so it doesn't happen).
In the interim, I plan to study and hustle while my wife works reasonably to have enough time for our kid. By the time I am done (2yrs),she can start her postgraduate program too as things would have been clearer by then. In all, at least 4years of international experience should put anyone with a plan in good stead anywhere.

Do give your input as experience is the best teacher and I would like to learn from you especially at this early stage of things.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yemyem8015: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yemyem8015: 2:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
Great Plan Bro,i think i agree with your plan but i don't know how easy it is getting a visa for your spouse,but as someone said earlier why not try to find a school for your wife as well that way you even stand good chances with the visa i mean she is going for her masters while you are goin for yours as well,Although the german don't support seperating one's family but you are applying from naija and you know how things are when applying and also the visa they will be giving is going to be valid for 3 months,are you sure you can find an accomodation for 3 people within that short period? well not sounding to discourage you ooo cos i don't see the point in you not going ahead when you meet all the requirements but then you ened to put alot of things into consideration,i am in berlin and from what i hear from friends some cities can be pretty boring while soem are lively and at the sametiem evry expensive and the kindergarten i am talking about also depends,if you are coming in before august it is a bit easier as some kids will eb grauating before then.

So if i were you,what i will do is find an admission for my wife and also do mine,when u both get here you can file for permit for her under u and she would even get a better permit(she can work unlimited) then find a kindergarten for your child and if you really wanna stay here for so long then you can defer yoru admission for a year and within this year you will be looking for an internship/job and if you do well there you can secure a fulltime job after graduation and then you can apply for residency again that way your wife doesn't need to go to school cos believe me here is not easy with the family...was asking a german friend why they get married and have kids late and he told me dat there aint any1 to take care fo the kids,dere family is in another country sou see?

The first thing is the block account fees,if you can meet this then no wahala,the second thing is depending on the area you are going to(i don't know the process of getting flats there) but if it is here in Berlin believe me it aint easy otherwise you still wana manage a studio which might be expensive and another thing is you ened to meet someone who is in the system to put you through alot of incentives cos there are ALOT but you might not know of it if u dont ask

t
pompido:

Hi Yemyem8015, thanks for your enlightening comments. The plan is not to depend on the amount in the blocked account for sustenance because i know that is kind of a means to an end (end being granting of Visas and resumption of studies). Difficult as it may seem, i think i have to agree with your estimates in terms of required funds and will definitely put it into consideration. I stated earlier that i applied to Offenburg, Stuttgart, TUM and Hamburg and my plan is to move down alone for a couple of weeks to help me settle down, complete registration, secure a proper accommodation and possibly start doing a little bit of work. My wife will use that time frame to continue her studies of the german language which we will both start once things get to an advanced stage to foster faster integration and since you said it might take up to a year to secure kindergarten admission then I can plan for that while it is still just me.

It isn't like I cant come down and try to finish my studies before considering my family coming over but since it is a possibility, I don't see why I can't thread that path especially if i can somehow meet the requirements.

Do let me know what you think.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
hello house am new here, but i have been following and reading the threads quietly.
I graduated from futo last yr from physics dept n il like to do my masters in physics or geophysics come 2016 by God's Grace in but i dont really know which to go for considering the job situation in naija. Pls beloved NL i need advise from every1 o,eke46,etc. Also advise as to d school dat is best for the course. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
* Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 3:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Pls my ogas in the house...I want to inquire whether there is any recommended format to put ur cv for Msc application?....somebody should please help me with a sample of cv he or she used to secure admission.Thanks for anticipated assistance!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
house, abeg mk una no fall my hand. I need d info as to start making arrangement against my application this year.........awaiting our reply........tnx....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
hadassaheke:
hello house am new here, but i have been following and reading the threads quietly.
I graduated from futo last yr from physics dept n il like to do my masters in physics or geophysics come 2016 by God's Grace in but i dont really know which to go for considering the job situation in naija. Pls beloved NL i need advise from every1 o,eke46,etc. Also advise as to d school dat is best for the course. Thanks.

I doubt if any school's admission for 2016 will be up by now (I may be wrong though). Admission for 2015 Winter semester in most schools is currently on going, but it's good to make hay while the sun shines.

Considering schools, course of study, etc, you'll get (almost) all the information you need from daad.de/en
Hope this helps...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
@Eke40seven, just tried sending you a PM...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
@adenjnr

I'm still waiting for your answer....Do you know why he was banned?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Tnx @ williamso, but i wanted advise on whether to go for masters in physics or geophysics. Pls house am still waiting o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
hadassaheke:
Tnx @ williamso, but i wanted advise on whether to go for masters in physics or geophysics. Pls house am still waiting o

Alright. That goes beyond me... smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by largman111: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Eke40seven:

Chairman! its easy na, go to the course website of your preferred masters programme and check the language requirements. Capiche?

Thanks bro, i checked the programme language requirement the score required is 79. Please advise on other means or can i still foward my application and re -take the teofl exam .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
largman111:

Thanks bro, i checked the programme language requirement the score required is 79. Please advise on other means or can i still foward my application and re -take the teofl exam .

Oga, why are you complicating things for yourself.

why not go to minsitry of education and get a language proficiency letter.

Mein zwei loffel !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
hadassaheke:
The two is not good for present day nigeria although geophysics is better for oil company job., why not go for physics electronics or information technology or ICT courses
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2015
Tinder:
Please house my younger brother graduated with a third class(i.e 2.20) and also has PGD Diploma certificate in Management from UK.

Can he apply for MSC directy or is there a PGD programme he can appy in Germany? Please reply

cc:Eke40seven,Nevilbot

Your case may be treated a bit differently, but o wild want you to be a bit specific. What was his undergraduate programme in? Which programme is he planning for in his masters? What is his result in his PG?
Answers to those questions will prove a whole lot helpful.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 8:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Eke40seven:

Your case may be treated a bit differently, but o wild want you to be a bit specific. What was his undergraduate programme in? Which programme is he planning for in his masters? What is his result in his PG?
Answers to those questions will prove a whole lot helpful.

Okay thanks,

Undergraduate programme was in Accounting. But he said he wants to deviate into IT.(Dont know if this is acquirable). If not he can do something else related to Management or Finance.

Inshort he doesn't have any specific programme in mind because he would love to do IT related course.

He has not gotten the result for the PGD.

Please what can he do to gain an admission at all in germany, he can even go for PGD Diploma if possible.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2015
hadassaheke:
Well if your plan is to come back to Nigeria, geophysics I think would be better obviously because if oil industry but geo is much less diverse than the other. But note that in Germany the options for English taught programmes are much more limited and competitive so just choose all and select the most preferable from the list of the school that granted you admission.
My two cowries.

baggylips:
Pls my ogas in the house...I want to inquire whether there is any recommended format to put ur cv for Msc application?....somebody should please help me with a sample of cv he or she used to secure admission.Thanks for anticipated assistance!!

If you schools didn't specify with an example, then a TABLE CV will be what most will likely expect or what is common to them. Even TUM will specify you provide a table CV.
"AN EU CV FORMAT" is an example of this table CV. Just Google "EU CV format" to get templates from EU's website or alternatively Google "CV Tabular/Table format."

I hope you find it useful.

Why all the hidden mails? Did an invasion happen I just hope the few members with very good info who still remember the thread were not affected
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2015
largman111:

If you have checked all the courses and their requirements are beyond your score, then I'm afraid you will have to write another exam. You can however check if those schools also exempt students whose undergraduate were entirely taught in English from this requirements, then you can for what Dolpaz asked you to do.
In all I would encourage you to write another but just go for IELTS this time. The registration and checking of results is way less stressful and flexible and you can do it entirely by yourself instead of going through agents.

My two cowries!

Tinder:

Okay thanks,
Undergraduate programme was in Accounting. But he said he wants to deviate into IT.(Dont know if this is acquirable). If not he can do something else related to Management or Finance.
Inshort he doesn't have any specific programme in mind because he would love to do IT related course.
He has not gotten the result for the PGD.
Please what can he do to gain an admission at all in germany, he can even go for PGD Diploma if possible.

From accounting to IT in Germany? That magic is only workable in the UK where one can switch from Yoruba science to Rocket science. He could do this though, something management related since his PGD is in management and his Bsc accounting. However, since he doesn't mind another PGD, let him apply for a Bsc again in a related field. I'm assuming that I don't know how good his PGD is in this case.
If his PGD were ready, he could send mails to the programme coordinators of the programmes he is interested in (Management programmes) and see what the response will be.
Note: A 2.2 is 3.1 by the way in Germany. And in Germany, the lower the figure, the better, on the scale of 1-5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.