Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: (44240 Views)

Fayose's Sober Look At The Burial Of Isiaka Adeleke (Photo) / Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / Obasanjo: “What I Found Out About Boko Haram” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
biowal:
1. Formation of Organisation of Islamic Countries

OIC was established in 1969 through a Saudi Arabian initiative, following the burning of the Al- Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, which was considered an attack on the Muslim world. The Headquarters of the organisation are in Jeddah. The first meeting of the organization was held in Morocco in 1969.

2. Gen Yakubu Gowon Yakubu Gowon sent a Nigerian delegation as an observer led by Alhaji Abubakar Gumi to the OIC in its first meeting in 1969 in Morocco. Despite opposition. He, Gowon, a Christian from Plateau State took the first step by sending Gumi to represent “Nigeria Muslims”.

3. General Muritala Muhammed to Gen Muhammadu BUHARI Regimes
The administrations of Muritala/Obasanjo, Obasanjo/Yaradua, Shagari/Ekweme and Buhari/Idiagbon refused to sign to Nigeria’s full membership of the OIC despite pressure and intense lobbying from Saudi Arabia. They maintained that Nigeria is a secular state and not an Islamic country.

4. General Ibrahim Babangida
French news agency reported that Nigeria has been admitted into the organization as its 46th member in January 1986. Ebitu Ukiwe from Abia State, then a navy commodore and second in command to the then military President, Ibrahim Babangida, had it rough with that administration when he declared publicly that the decision to join OIC was not discussed at any level of government. Mr. Ukiwe’s denial of the decision reportedly led to his forceful exit from government.

5. General Sani Abacha
Maintained Nigeria’s membership despite calls for withdrawal from various groups including Christian Leaders.

6. Obasanjo/Atiku Abubakar
At the G-8 Islamic countries in Egypt in 2001, Obasanjo identified himself carrying Nigeria as an Islamic country by attending that meeting. His attendance cemented Nigeria’s Status as a member of the OIC and an Islammic State.

7. Yaradua/Jonathan Administration Renewed Nigeria OIC Membership
On April 11, 2012 President Umaru Yaradua renewed Nigeria’s membership the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), the same way IBB registered with the organisation in 1986, the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Abdullahi M. Garba Aminchi , quietly visited Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and signed the new OIC charter on behalf of the Nigerian government.

Although this event was published on OIC’s website the same day and widely reported in other Middle East media, it was not reported in the Nigerian media. The Nigeria Foreign Minister as at then Chief Ojo Maduekwe refused to speak on the matter.

8. Jonathan/Sambo Administration
There have been calls by religious groups and others to withdraw Nigeria’s OIC membership. As at this day, Nigeria remains a full member of the OIC, and the President in its capacity appoints delegates to represent Nigeria in OIC.

ISLAMIC SUMMIT 2013, HELD IN CAIRO
President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan led Nigeria’s delegation to the OIC Islamic Summit in 2013.

Other delegates are…H.E. Dr. Nuruddeen Muhammed Minister of State II for Foreign Affairs, Amb Hassan Tukur (Foreign Affairs Minister), Amb. Abdullah Omaki, Abubakar Sheikh Bunu, Mr. Tijjani Hammanjodu, Mr. Suleiman Sani and Mr. Manir Ibrahim

See the attendance list…

http://www.oic-oci.org/external_web/is/12/en/docs/final/is12_lop_x1_en.pdf

SUMMARY:

General Yakubu Gowon opened the floor by sending Nigeria Delegation as an Observer.

Generals Gowon, Muritala, Obasanjo and Buhari, including President Shagari refused to grant the OIC’s request of making Nigeria a Full Member.

General IBB signed up Nigeria as full member in January 1986.

President Obasanjo attended OIC meeting in 2001 on behalf of Nigeria.

President Yaradua renewed Nigeria’s OIC membership in April 2009 President Goodluck Jonathan had attended OIC’s conferences and meetings on behalf of Nigeria including the Last Cairo Conference in 2013.

WHO WANTS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA? (If there is anything like that)

Buhari has once again been vindicated.

It pays to be educated, and not just regurgitate falsehoods.

Credit: ‘Tosin Adeoti

please could you create a new thread with this. Lots and Lots of Nigerians need to read this. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by M4gunners: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
icebeatz:

Very very funnnnny.
My neighbour have 2 security men that will reicieve their letters immediately while I dont have any. Get it now?? I am not a cartoonist, neither am I soooo jobless as to make up stories.

We believe you bro. Don't mind dat blind fellow.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by FOLLOWJESUS: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
whirlwind7:
What part of Nigeria is this? I don't think it's circulated around the country that much

The answer they gave to the number 1 question is almost an outright lie. The comment he made about his support for sharia, and the effort he is going to make to ensure that it gets implemented across the country is on record, and available on print. It was published on newspaper pages then. Picture extracts of it has been made available on this forum too. I don't want to read the rest of their denials, if they already started the image laundering with lies.

A statement he didn't know would come back to bite him where the sun don't shine.
It's a pity that religion couldn't be divorced from our politics.

GMB is a credible candidate, but I think he's campaign handlers are biting off more than they can chew. Let them face topical issues instead.
What comments GMB made cannot be unmade. What he believes in is a whole lot different from his comments, and his open view about sharia.
One can not take GOD for granted,the bible says what ever a man sow that he shall reap,as the world rotates that is how the word also rotate,they have forgoten that every statement made by any personality are in print.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by musicwriter(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
cjrane:
Story for the gods. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Why is it not on the other gate across the street?

The Yeye liar made up the cartoon stories and took picture of it in a gate.

Once the story started getting long I knew it wasn't just about reporting a paper he found at his gate. He's just a paid e-campaigner.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Larow(m): 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gbawe:

This is how unbelievably unintelligent and village-like you ethnocentric and clannish Jonathanians are. Do Nigerians all wake up, pick up their mail and leave their homes at precisely the same time? Could the house across the road not have taken their own APC campaign leaflet earlier when the first person to leave or visit the house went out or came in respectively? Is it not best to just remain silent sometimes than contribute posts that reveals you are a grade A dullard who should be seeking further education rather than contributing here?
Chaii Chaii Chaiii! Na human being u finish so? Its not good o. When no be say hin no get God! Hin God go fait back o.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by mauriceju2(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
BUHARI IS NOT THE CHANGE WE WANT DEAREST NIGERIANS, Let me not talk about the PDP's, but THESE ARE THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS: (1) SOKOTO - Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (former PDP) (2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (former PDP) (3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari (former PDP) (4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP) (5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i (former PDP) (6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru (former PDP) (7) BAUCHI - Barr. Muhammad Abubakar (former PDP) (cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya (former PDP) (9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani (former PDP) (10) ADAMAWA - Umar Jibrilla Bindow (former PDP) (11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong (former PDP) (12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom (former PDP) (13) TARABA - Aisha Jummai Alhassan (former PDP) (14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside (former PDP) (15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP) (16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP) (17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP) (18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP) NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State & National Assembly Candidates are also all former PDP members! Let me not also forget to state that AUDU OGBE, APC's chieftain was a former Chairman of PDP (2001-2005). Do I also need to mention Atiku Abubakar? Or Rotimi Ameachi who was a PDP Speaker of Rivers state Assembly for 8 Years then Governor for 7 years? The list goes on and on. If PDP wasted and stole our time and resources for the past 16 years, my dearest citizens, the names listed above and many more are part of these bunch of criminals who stole and wasted these our resources. They were and are part of the people who lied and lie to us. My people, YES! We want change, but if I am a thief in Agbada, would wearing a Nnyika make me not to be a thief? Would I stop being a thief because I changed gang? Some of us will always argue that the states controlled by these thieves are better than the others, but let me ask: Did Ameachi do all he did for Rivers in the past 1 year that he became a memebr of the APC? Was it last year that APC was formed that the transformations in KANO took place or began? Was it APC's Government that did the stuffs in IMO? Dearest Citizens, for 16 years we have been under the PDP's Umbrella. Yes, but which person in this APC has not been in the corridor or close to the coridor of power in these past 16 years? Not only am I so disapointed in us as citizens, I am ashamed to be a part of this generation. We revolved & continue to revolve aroung the same group of people since Independence yet we seem to be comfortable with it. If they're saints as they claim, we wouldnt be where we are today. Do I need to start mentioning their names and potfolios? If I cant mention all, at least I know for a fact that as far back as 1982, Audu Ogbe was not only a speaker of his state assembly, he also was a Minister in Nigeria. Infact, he held two ministerial positions. I also know without doubt that Gen Buhari apart from being a PTF Chairman, rose to become the President of Nigeria as far as 1983. Very resently, Atiku Abubakar was an 8 years Vice President. I cant believe that at 72 some one who was President at 41 wants to be president again. I cant also come to term with my self when ever I read that Gen Yakubu Gowan was about 23 years old when he became Nigerias President. Well, I am above 23 now and I cant even feed myself. My dearest citizens of the Republic, do we continue rotating our leaders and expect to move forward? Do we expect to be in 2015 and have some one who ruled us decades ago rule us? As a child, I heard of Shehu Musa Yar'dua. As a teenager, I had Umaru Musa Yar'dua rule me as president. When do I see Akpan, Taofeek, Olanipekun or Emeka at 25 , 35 or 45 year old be my president? When do we see a 25 or 31 year old Nigerian from any part of Nigeria be governors or senator or even ministers? Dearests, Gen Martin Luther Agwai, the former Chief of Army Staff is now the Chairman of SURE- P. David Mark, former governor of 2 different states is today our Senate President. Tomorow, if PDP no longer favours him, he will join forces with APC or which ever party there is. We are where we are today because our fathers failed in their reponsibilities to plan for us. Are we going to let our children suffer what we suffer by allowing these people rotate offices among themselves? Whether we like it or not, Buhari as a former president recieves a Pension of 22.7 million. Whether you like it or not, when Jonathan completes his tenure, he will also recieve his millions as pension and the cycle will continue. One thing is sure, if Jonathan retains his presidency next year, he will not employ me in his government. One thing is also sure, if Buhari wins, he will not employ you in his government. Who will they then employ? Ofcourse, they will employ the same old crooks to help them out. This is not Change, APC is not change. When we see change, we go know! God Bless Your Hearts! Apc has their slogan as change but on this note i think pdp is the party that represent change because all the old thieves has gone to rival APC

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by midolian(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gbawe:

This is how unbelievably unintelligent and village-like you ethnocentric and clannish Jonathanians are. Do Nigerians all wake up, pick up their mail and leave their homes at precisely the same time? Could the house across the road not have taken their own APC campaign leaflet earlier when the first person to leave or visit the house went out or came in respectively? Is it not best to just remain silent sometimes than contribute posts that reveals you are a grade A dullard who should be seeking further education rather than contributing here?
o boi u don murder dis guy deservedly.. So aw far? U dey attend hin burial?

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Collynzo419: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
customized13:
I think OP is making this up, desperately trying to get cheap points for buhari on the thread. I don't know if anybody have noticed this undecided

You think it is a lie because it wont get to your area. Your area in ogun state is for immigrant destitutes

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by sylve11: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by major466(m): 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
customized13:
I must admit that the campaign team of APC is stronger than that of PDP, they are trying everything in their power to sell the lies about buhari.

PDP is sleeping.
Don't worry about their campaign strategy. It's what they learn from the Obama campaign team. But unlike Obama who had a strong believe system of Democratic principles that appeals to the very soul of America, They (APC) don't have a foundation because their campaign issues are based on lies and propaganda. Anything based on lies can never stand the test of time. Besides, their Presidential Candidate who hates Civil Rule was a terminator of Democracy 31 years ago. He's far from a true Democrat.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by dvee2: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
jayfolarin:

please could you create a new thread with this. Lots and Lots of Nigerians need to read this. Thank you.

Just last month in the face of falling oil revenue, president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan through his minister of finance declared that Nigeria is seeking loan from Islamic development Bank,IDB is an affiliate of OIC, so GEJ is also trying to Islamise Nigeria? This scare mongering will not work this time
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by EPOMA(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
lekkie073:

This was a conspiracy. .
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Nmeri17: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Errrrrrrrrrm?

OPim-O,

Wa ko yor o!(greetings)!
You dey live for h-insai or h-asai "the prison gate"? grin

grin grin
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Nmeri17: 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
Read what you typed and begin to analyze your thought process. Big brands can sponsor premier league. No be so ? Big brands sponsor space shuttle no be so ? Then what do small and silly brands do ? They simply print cheap fliers and stash them into your car window as you drive pass. These pure water brands are a nuisance to the society.

Vote a Big Brand, Vote a GEJ not some archaic tripple-failure Ancestor that is trying his luck one last time. Guess who has Luck in his Name ? Jonathan Ebele GOODLUCK Azikiwe (JEGA). The acronym synchronizes with the name of the man at INEC that will declare him winner after Love making on Valentine.

grin una just dh make me laugh mumu laugh this evening grin grin

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by mfm04622: 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
whirlwind7:
What part of Nigeria is this? I don't think it's circulated around the country that much

The answer they gave to the number 1 question is almost an outright lie. The comment he made about his support for sharia, and the effort he is going to make to ensure that it gets implemented across the country is on record, and available on print. It was published on newspaper pages then. Picture extracts of it has been made available on this forum too. I don't want to read the rest of their denials, if they already started the image laundering with lies.

A statement he didn't know would come back to bite him where the sun don't shine.

GMB is a credible candidate, but I think he's campaign handlers are biting off more than they can chew. Let them face topical issues instead.
What comments GMB made cannot be unmade. What he believes in is a whole lot different from his comments, and his open view about sharia.

Introducing Sharia into Nigeria does not mean Islamizing Nigeria! Islamizing Nigeria mean forcing every Nigerian to become Muslim! Is that possible? I laugh in Spanish!!!. Even if Sharia is introduced, sharia laws only apply to MUSLIMS. If you are not a Muslim, you cannot be tried under Sharia law. So i do not really understand why non Muslims fear the Sharia laws. In this age, the implementation of Sharia will be problematic. For example, how do you handle the fact that alcohol is banned under Sharia while permissible for non Muslims? I am waiting for the day a Non Muslim will challenge breaking of beer bottles in Northern states that practice Sharia
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Samabu07(m): 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
I actually thought the APC Campaign team came, knocked at your open, and you opened your door to listen to them...and not some poster posted on your gate (or wall).

That's my own understanding of a house-to-house campaign.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by johnmartus(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
BonaVIta:

Sensitise the people to do what?
Even if Buhari was a qualified candidate, this type of campaign look very childish.

Just remembering SUG campaigns in school.
how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by hensben(m): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
icebeatz:

lmao!!
So vgc is kogi state?? muhehehehhehehehe

The guy asked "which part of Nigeria is that" and i told him lagos.
If he asked which part of lagos i would say ajah.
If he asked which part of ajah, i would say vgc.

PDP are just too dull, all they are good at are rigging,looting,propaganda, corruption and assassination..no wonder the country is not moving forward after 15 yrs of pdp rule....this is how western world politicians carry out their campaign. Door to door campaign sensitizes the masses..kudos to APC.

2 Likes

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by deletrue: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
bayulll01:
you are just a pathetic looser,vote for ur candidate and let other choose their choice,to me Gej dint deserve a second chance,u say u provide job through youwin and sure-P do u play lottery before u get a job!!the cluelesss of gej is nauseating
Todays politics is beyond that level of vote for who like for those of us who knows how things has become. As at today, if someone had told me that the hausas can introduce suicide bumbers because a leader has emerged from other region to led them, no one will believe. If any one had told me that a whole four governors will abandon GEJ because he is from other region, no one will believe. If someone will say that apc is so regional that no body was picked as VP from the south the core producers of oil that carries about 70% of the economy, I will not belive. So if you think we are still where any thing can go, you talk lie. For example, Buhari becomes general in the Nigerian Army without a certificate (meaning his entirety is fake and is living in forged live) cannnot happen. So, do not ever say vote for who you like.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Mccullum: 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Advance dimension of campaign in Nigeria by APC surely there'll be great political ideology in government if APC is in charge of the affairs of this nation, APC Change!!! Sai GMB.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by bayulll01(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
deletrue:
Todays politics is beyond that level of vote for who like for those of us who knows how things has become. As at today, if someone had told me that the hausas can introduce suicide bumbers because a leader has emerged from other region to led them, no one will believe. If any one had told me that a whole four governors will abandon GEJ because he is from other region, no one will believe. If someone will say that apc is so regional that no body was picked as VP from the south the core producers of oil that carries about 70% of the economy, I will not belive. So if you think we are still where any thing can go, you talk lie. For example, Buhari becomes general in the Nigerian Army without a certificate (meaning his entirety is fake and is living in forged live) cannnot happen. So, do not ever say vote for who you like.
my brother let's stop playing cheap politics as a Gmb supporter I still don't know why Gmb can't come out clean on this whole certificate issues,but I will ask u questions is it now they know Gmb has no certificates,Pdp knows gmb has no certificate that's why they using it against him,I know he did know have one,but my questions is our phd that hold a certificate what has he done to better this nation,I bet none,as for south south,we all know the hypocrisy of the East,cos they will never Vote for gmb even if rochas is choosen as the president,they hate their own,but I still tell u for ibo to be the president you will need the yorubas more than the hausas and when that time comes we will remind you all of what u did Today,and trust the yorubas we don't forget thing easily,my Questions is why are we supporting a FAILURE
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by lisimmo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
PollNaija Opinion poll:

How would you rate Jonathan-led administration in war against corruption?

Result so far
Woeful:66.7%
Bad: 33.3%
Fair:0%
Good:0%
Excellent:0%

See pics

Download PollNaija app at

www.e-testpedia.com/PollNaija.apk

to vote.

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by flashyoba231(m): 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
If na money we say make dem share now dem no go use am do Door-To-Door...mumu ppl who dem tnk say dem de dcv..If na money we say make dem share now dem no go use am do Door-To-Door...mumu ppl who dem tnk say dem de dcv..If na money we say make dem share now dem no go use am do Door-To-Door...mumu ppl who dem tnk say dem de dcv..
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by skyfall: 1:04am On Jan 18, 2015
whirlwind7:

GMB is a credible candidate, but I think his campaign handlers are biting off more than they can chew. Let them face topical issues instead.

Did Buhari say Muslims should only vote for Muslim leaders?

Answer: NO

In June 2001, Sheikh Sidi Attahiru Ibrahim launched his book at a Dan Fodio University event. General Muhammadu Buhari was invited to chair the event, where he spoke ex-tempore.

Later that month, Buhari granted an interview to Rev, Fr. Matthew Hassan Kukah (present day Catholic Bishop of Sokoto) confirming what he said at the book launch. Here is the relevant portion of Kukah’s report on what Buhari said during their June 23, 2001 conversation (which was published in the Weekly Trust edition of July 6-12, 2001)

“During the course of my comments, I drew attention to the fact that the introduction of Sharia had become one of the main issues in this new dispensation. I explained that Sharia, however, has been with us well before the British colonized Nigeria. Now, Sharia has been introduced in many Northern states and Sokoto is one of the states that has already adopted Sharia. It must be pointed out however that Sharia is applicable only to Muslims. Those elements that have taken the law into their hands and use the opportunity to molest other non-Muslims are not helping the cause. What is amore, they are like bad policemen or judges who are making the enforcement of justice so difficult in Nigeria. Their shortcoming does not do the police force or the judiciary any good, but these acts do not detract from the imperative of both institutions. Midway through our democracy, we have time now to assess the situation on ground in terms of making our choice in the next elections. Vote for good men whether they are in Borno, Katsina, Sokoto or wherever. Vote for those who will protect your interest. This, Rev. Father, is the summary of every thing I said and the tapes are there.” (1)

Nothing controversial in any portion of that statement, I’d say?

The controversy began when Ahmed Oyerinde, a long time Sokoto correspondent for ThisDay and other Newspapers, (who was not at the venue of the book launch when Buhari spoke) made up the false quote and reported this as fact in ThisDay. In the aftermath of his report, the tape of the event was played and no such statement was found there. Oyerinde later confessed to his Editors that he was not at the event and did not hear Buhari say any such thing. I was told that ThisDay later published a retraction of the report. (2)

For the record, Oyerinde, sadly now late, had been the subject of a disciplinary investigation by Nigerian Press watchdogs for allegations of taking money to write false and mischievous stories. The allegations were confirmed and he was reprimanded. One of these investigations dates back to 1990. (3)

Yet, despite Buhari’s many denials, and the defence of neutral observers like Fr. Kukah & Garba Shehu the peddlers of this lie keep repeating them maliciously.

REFERENCES:
1. Kukah, Matthew Hassan, Weekly Trust Newspaper, Abuja, July 6-12, 2001

2. Private conversation with a Senior ThisDay editor with close knowledge of the 2001 incident on Dec. 30, 2014

3. Shehu, Garba, Premium Times, http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/106982-not-accepting-to-negotiate-with-boko-haram-could-hurt-buhari-by-garba-shehu.html

Source: http://factchecki.ng/question/did-buhari-say-muslims-should-only-vote-for-muslim-leaders/
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by skyfall: 1:06am On Jan 18, 2015
lekkie073:

Did Buhari say Muslims should only vote for Muslim leaders?

Answer: NO

In June 2001, Sheikh Sidi Attahiru Ibrahim launched his book at a Dan Fodio University event. General Muhammadu Buhari was invited to chair the event, where he spoke ex-tempore.

Later that month, Buhari granted an interview to Rev, Fr. Matthew Hassan Kukah (present day Catholic Bishop of Sokoto) confirming what he said at the book launch. Here is the relevant portion of Kukah’s report on what Buhari said during their June 23, 2001 conversation (which was published in the Weekly Trust edition of July 6-12, 2001)

“During the course of my comments, I drew attention to the fact that the introduction of Sharia had become one of the main issues in this new dispensation. I explained that Sharia, however, has been with us well before the British colonized Nigeria. Now, Sharia has been introduced in many Northern states and Sokoto is one of the states that has already adopted Sharia. It must be pointed out however that Sharia is applicable only to Muslims. Those elements that have taken the law into their hands and use the opportunity to molest other non-Muslims are not helping the cause. What is amore, they are like bad policemen or judges who are making the enforcement of justice so difficult in Nigeria. Their shortcoming does not do the police force or the judiciary any good, but these acts do not detract from the imperative of both institutions. Midway through our democracy, we have time now to assess the situation on ground in terms of making our choice in the next elections. Vote for good men whether they are in Borno, Katsina, Sokoto or wherever. Vote for those who will protect your interest. This, Rev. Father, is the summary of every thing I said and the tapes are there.” (1)

Nothing controversial in any portion of that statement, I’d say?

The controversy began when Ahmed Oyerinde, a long time Sokoto correspondent for ThisDay and other Newspapers, (who was not at the venue of the book launch when Buhari spoke) made up the false quote and reported this as fact in ThisDay. In the aftermath of his report, the tape of the event was played and no such statement was found there. Oyerinde later confessed to his Editors that he was not at the event and did not hear Buhari say any such thing. I was told that ThisDay later published a retraction of the report. (2)

For the record, Oyerinde, sadly now late, had been the subject of a disciplinary investigation by Nigerian Press watchdogs for allegations of taking money to write false and mischievous stories. The allegations were confirmed and he was reprimanded. One of these investigations dates back to 1990. (3)

Yet, despite Buhari’s many denials, and the defence of neutral observers like Fr. Kukah & Garba Shehu the peddlers of this lie keep repeating them maliciously.

REFERENCES:
1. Kukah, Matthew Hassan, Weekly Trust Newspaper, Abuja, July 6-12, 2001

2. Private conversation with a Senior ThisDay editor with close knowledge of the 2001 incident on Dec. 30, 2014

3. Shehu, Garba, Premium Times, http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/106982-not-accepting-to-negotiate-with-boko-haram-could-hurt-buhari-by-garba-shehu.html

Source: http://factchecki.ng/question/did-buhari-say-muslims-should-only-vote-for-muslim-leaders/
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Sammiejokes(m): 7:28am On Jan 18, 2015
lekkie073:
Am a christian from birth, I don't know when buhari made this statement maybe I was still a kid, we christians are the most hypocritical set of people, we fail to do politics and muslim take ova and we start shouting they planning to take ova, a typical muslim bel$ieves in power, but we are told to live a miracle life. Am happy to be a christian. What has he said that was violent in his wish as a muslim that sharia should be accepted in the whole country, it is left for us to accept or reject it, from what am seeing he didnt even make the statement when he had all the military power to do so. But if adeboye, oyedepo and Osinbajo/bakare as a pastor politicians say they believe christ should rule d whole Nation its is a valid statement. As much u are devoted to seeing christ as focal point of the nation they as a muslim will have such view. People will not read where he said and non muslim will be educated and noting to fear, which means as a buhari he means no harm. Someone that have a record of fighting terrorism against a religious sect in yola, stopped encroachment of our territory by chadians. The toughest leader not to dance to the tone af all dz world powers. Am not surprised when uk and usa are having cold feet about the ex general. A true leader, not all ds small boys that does not know anything about international politics and diplomacy.

1 Like

Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by francizy(m): 11:05am On Jan 18, 2015
Baddestguyp:
that won't stop GEJ from ruling Nigeria till 2019

Bro I been think say you na APC...

I hate both candidates tho..
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by ogmask: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
Flets:
A word on the certificate would have been necessary as that is what most Nigerians are interested in.

And what lie did he present on his love and support for Bokoharam?

Because Nigerians knows he is the face of bokoharam in Nigeria and he said it himself

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

"Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) National Leader, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect.Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday said the federal government’s action was a gross injustice against the north."

Lets take it one after the other. I want u to give genuine nswers to the following questions pls.

The last time i checked the request for state of emergency was not granted.
Question; is the military still fighting or they have folded their arms waiting for the state of emergency to be approved?

Muazu the current pdp chair was the first gov to introduce sharia in yr 2000 when he was incharge of bauchi state. Late pres yar adua, who had a joint ticket with gej in 2007, also introduced sharia in katsina. Remember the lady that was sentenced to death for adultry in katsina? It took the international community to save her life. In the 20 months buhari ruled he ddnt associate with the IOC even though he had all the powe to do so as a military ruller coupled with the fact that his deputy was a muslim too. On the 6th of feb 2013 gej attended the meeting of the OIC in cairo egypt with a powerful delegation from the muslim community in nigeria. He was the first pres to do so in 15yrs.
Question; who is realy supporting sharia with and who is using his position to islamise nigeria.

Tnx
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by Flets: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
ogmask:

Lets take it one after the other. I want u to give genuine nswers to the following questions pls.

The last time i checked the request for state of emergency was not granted.
Question; is the military still fighting or they have folded their arms waiting for the state of emergency to be approved?

Muazu the current pdp chair was the first gov to introduce sharia in yr 2000 when he was incharge of bauchi state. Late pres yar adua, who had a joint ticket with gej in 2007, also introduced sharia in katsina. Remember the lady that was sentenced to death for adultry in katsina? It took the international community to save her life. In the 20 months buhari ruled he ddnt associate with the IOC even though he had all the powe to do so as a military ruller coupled with the fact that his deputy was a muslim too. On the 6th of feb 2013 gej attended the meeting of the OIC in cairo egypt with a powerful delegation from the muslim community in nigeria. He was the first pres to do so in 15yrs.
Question; who is realy supporting sharia with and who is using his position to islamise nigeria.

Tnx

Is this epistle of yours a response to the fact that the terror chief GMB said that an attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north?
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by PapiWata: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Please what is the update on the issue of Buhari's missing kindergarten passing certificate ?

Have any documents been presented to the Nigerian people by the terror gang leader Weeping General Buhari ?
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by annurhaske(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
#CHANGE2015 that is what we need.
Re: Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: by simdam500(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
won't stop the PDP from winning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Commanders Chatting & Smiling In Court In Abuja (Video) / 7 Years After, When Will Ijoko Flyover Be Completed? - Photos / Buhari Approves Appointment Of 6 New Perm Secs (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.