Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo (2725 Views)

We Shall Declare Niger Delta A Republic On August 1 – Militants / Militants Vow To Declare Niger Delta Republic On August 1 / Deadly Protests In Niger Republic Over Charlie Hebdo - Nigerians Beware!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by KEVIND: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
At least two churches have been set on fire in the capital of Niger amid fresh protests against French magazine Charlie Hebdo's cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.
Saturday's protests began outside Niamey's grand mosque with police using tear gas a day after at least four were killed in the second city of Zinder.
The French embassy has warned its citizens to stay indoors.
Last week, Islamist gunmen killed 12 people at the magazine's Paris offices.
Eight of them were journalists. Subsequent attacks in Paris killed another five people, four at a Jewish supermarket.

Churches and French interests have been targeted in Niger - a former French colony

Police earlier fired tear gas to disperse some 1,000 youths in front of Niamey's grand mosque

The French embassy has called on its nationals living in Niamey to remain at home
The cover of the magazine's latest edition, published after the attack, featured a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad weeping while holding a sign saying "I am Charlie".
Seven million copies of the edition are being printed in view of extraordinary demand, distributors announced on Saturday. The magazine's print run before the attack was 60,000.
Many Muslims see any depiction of Islam's prophet as offensive.
Protests against the magazine were also seen on Friday in Pakistan, where protests turned violent in Karachi, the Sudanese capital of Khartoum and the Algerian capital, Algiers.
People in Somalia took to the streets on Saturday.

Protests in Niger's capital are following a similar patters to the ones in the second city of Zinder on Friday

In Somalia, protesters held placards reading, "I am Muslim and I love my Prophet"
In Niger, a former French colony, hundreds of demonstrators gathered at Niamey's grand mosque, shouting "God is Great" in Arabic.
At least two churches were set on fire - similar to Friday's demonstration in Zinder where protesters also raided shops that were run by Christians.
The French cultural centre in Zinder also came under attack.
The centre's director, Kaoumi Bawa, said an angry crowd of around 50 people had smashed the building's door and set fire to the cafeteria, library and offices.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30863159
Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Trailblazer1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
Islam spreading peace everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by emmasege: 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
The earlier the Islamic world realizes that some people cannot just stop ridiculing religions, the better it is for all humanity. I'm a practising Christian and see no sense in killing/maiming anyone who blasphemes the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ has been blasphemed several times by Islamic scholars, even here in Nigeria and yet no one killed or bombed in the name of Christ. Let God defend himself, period.

22 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
as much as i condemm this charliehebo yeye cartoons.this is nonsense.......na the church people draw muhammed ?

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by nwaanambra1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
charlies is not a christian!

charlie has been cartooning jesus christ for a long time! but christians regarded him as mad man doesnt deserve notice!

Charlie cartooned mohammed and they killed instantly!

now muslim are still not satisfied and had resorted to burning churches as usual!

18 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Bayswater: 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
dulaman:
. so you see nothing wrong with the provocation?

What provocation?

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Mowire: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
If the French govt is not one run by "Satan" it ought to stop the Hebdo magazine from further deliberately provoking the Muslim world.

The magazine is just an agent of Satan bent on setting the world on fire. Publishers know full well that every time they provoke the Muslims the Christians will be the casualty of the subsequent reaction. I dare say that magazine is at moment the most prominent enemy of christianity.

It's not everyone that can stand anyone insulting his father (or mother) unnecessarily.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

Bros never spit.....everybody get right yo their religion. until when we start to respect each other religion that's when peace will rain, why would they mock the great prophet of Islam...that's extremely bad. what of if someone mock the great Jesus which is the prophet of Christian how will you feel. Muslims love their religion and adore their prophet, we need to respect that for them. Proud to be a Muslim!!!

this is so dumb.

how do u justify the burning down of churches when the cartoon didn't emanate from the church set ablaze?
worst things have been said about Jesus in the past and no mosque was raised down so why should a church be raised down over a cartoon drawn in far away France?

why always the Muslims?
why don't they seek redress in court if they feel so offended?
why are they always spilling blood all in the name of Islam?

what if every other religion on planet earth resorts to such primitive mentality? just think about it for once.

These Muslim arsonist with their global counterpart makes one wonder if they are universally programmed to act with such level of senselessness at every issue.

human lives means nothing to most of these satanic peeps hiding under the name of Islam.

the man that drew the cartoon is not even a christian so why burning down of churches? foolishness at its peak.

24 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by meforyou1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Mod pls, it's Niger Republic, in order to not confuse it with our peaceful Niger State

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by jmoore(m): 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

Bros never spit.....everybody get right yo their religion. until when we start to respect each other religion that's when peace will rain, why would they mock the great prophet of Islam...that's extremely bad. what of if someone mock the great Jesus which is the prophet of Christian how will you feel. Muslims love their religion and adore their prophet, we need to respect that for them. Proud to be a Muslim!!!
Your mohammed should come down with Allah and do the fighting.
Why is this a trend over the world, huh? Killing people and destroying properties because of cartoons.

7 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by StunningCEO: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
Crazy bleeps everywhere. let's vote for a capable man. Buhari for CIC.
Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2015

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by johnie: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
I hope CNN does not report this as Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Mcowubaba: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

mock Jesus, a Christian will never ever lay hands, fingers, breeze on u, mock Mohammed in Rio Brazil, Muslims will start killing Christians in Kano, Niger, kaduna, WTH..I knw understand dat Una Islam oo, Majority r Violent-oriented, no offence..u guys give other Religions the reason to Hate, discriminate against Islam, dnt blame them.. Though few of u guys R very good...

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

So becos they mocked him is enough reason to kill people and and forment trouble? Jesu christ has been mocked and ridiculed a number of times, but you will hardly see a similar reaction from his followers.

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

if you mock my JESUS i will be happy, coz its prohecy being fulfilled, and for you the mocker i pity ur poor soul.
i cant fight for JESUS, he is the one to fight for me coz he is alive and able.
READ mathew 26:51-56
GIVE YR LIFE TO CHRIST COZ HES COMING AGAIN FOR HIS SHEEPS.

10 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Kassidy90(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
Vicotex:
Mad muslims everywhere
That's how wahala starts....

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by fr3do(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
dulaman:
. so you see nothing wrong with the provocation?

Is it nigerien Christians that run the magazine?
Is it only Muslims the magazine lashes out on? They also lash Christians and jews.

I would never protest for Christianity, Christ is alive, He will fight Himself.

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
fagbalex:

This is where provocation start, why will you call Islam nonsense? This is the religion ordean by Allah [ God] to mankind and we love it, pls always respect us or that. what of if I call you your religion nonsense, I guess u won't be happy, so pls respect other peoples faith no matter the circumstances. Also Muslim are not stupid people, they are people that know their right if its violated and disrespected. let me ask you this question, wat of if you hear an info coming from an Islamic country that they mock Jesus Christ and disrespected him. Pls always be evaluative

i will laugh my butts-off coz this is not my war.GOD can care for himself and his son.

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by musiwa97: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
blood is thick than water

flow over of event in nigeria.

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by musiwa97: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
shocked
Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by Blackfire(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote
author=joeboy03 post=29882782]

So becos they mocked him is enough reason to kill people and and forment
trouble? Jesu christ has been mocked and ridiculed a number of times,
but you will hardly see a similar reaction from his followers.[/quote]

islam... tears, sorrows and blood

1 Like

Re: Protesters Set Churches In Niger Republic On Fire Over Charlie Hebdo by wordcat(m): 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
Pakistan named their Capital IslamaBad but Islam is worse than Bad; Islam is bad, Islam is Badder, Islam Baddest.

Soon the Animals will start killing innocent people in the North.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari 100 days pledge: / Bola Tinubu And Bisi Akande Sitting On Jonathan And Buhari Chair. / See The Funny Answer A Man Gave To A Mathematics Question(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.