Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80237 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Davivah: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:

I apologize if I'm calling you out a bit, but I have benign intentions.... The question is this, does one need to go through a number of "Miss-shots" /Miss-fires"(relationship - wise) before you settle down to find "the one".

I'm asking this because quite frankly, chronologically I'm at a stage in my life where I should be getting ready to get married next year.... But I don't even have a relationship presently.... I've not had any for almost 6years, and apart from other reasons, I've not just found "the one", I've had several opportunities to randomly date ladies, good looking ones, but I chose not to, because I didn't feel that "She's the one vibe" and I didn't want to start jumping from relationship to relationship

So the question again is.

-Was I wrong by staying away from those random relationships
-Do I have a chance of meeting the one, without having had any relationships in such a long while.

P:S

I'm open to opinions from any other person too.

Make una no mind my epistle ooogringrin

It's a nasty habit I'm trying to curb embarassed

You are doing the right.thing.... when you see the one made for you, you wont think otherwise

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by onadana: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

We don't need halfbaked stories please angry
elantraceey:

elantraceey:

Really....I met my wife at the gym....am supposed to tell the whole story...?

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by nazo27(f): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
I met him on my way to church

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by nazo27(f): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
it all started one Sunday when am going to church as I reached the junction to looked for a bike .this guy just appeared and ask me if am going to church I said yes he said I should enter. I accepted it cos am late already and no bike .

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nimi22(f): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Amen. Tebra?
Tebra? Dont get u.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Jarus(m): 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Inside public transport. Entered same bus from Ilorin to Offa, Kwara state. She didn't want to give me her number, I alighted from the bus (which was not my own bus stop) and followed her to a shop. She still didn't want to give me. The shop owner intervened by pleading on my behalf. That was when she gave me. till today, I still joke with her on that scene.

Interestingly, I had traveled from Lagos to Ilorin to see another lady who dey form hard to get.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:

kika23 have u seen this beautiful thread?

Just did grin grin

No tales yet... sad
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by yeamesee(f): 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
[quote
author=mollytinrox post=29882242]Jan 10th, that fateful year.

was hurrying to work from tbs. boarded a keke marwa heading for keffi
street, he was in it. I alighted on awolowo road, he did. I crossed to
the total filling station side, he did. I let him walk away so I could
go my way, and then he stopped and asked why I was stalking him. I told
him I was going to work, and it turns out he works in the building next
to my office complex.

so I was in this relationship which was apparently heading no where, and
I thought he was married. I never did ask him though. one week after
the relationship I was in fizzled out, I was so heartbroken my boss
asked me to go and sort my self out for 3 days. he saw me when I resumed
and asked why I looked so haggard. I told him I just ended a
relationship, and burst into tears. he looked at me with such
tenderness, and comforted me. then he said it meant the coast was clear
and he could move in. I gave him my evil look and told him I wasn't
dating for the next two years.

anyone who knows me knows that my shakara is legendary. he would call
me, I would ignore it. he would send me pings and I'll just read and no
reply. He deleted my number from his phone and my bbm contact.

anyhow, May 14th that year I said ok, let's do this. He proposed to me
July. 16, my birthday and we gott married Dec. 14. Same year! As I type
this our daughter is sucking with intensity and kicking her legs in the
air.

As to how I knew he was the right man, well, he wasn't like them other
men I had dated. He is a positive. pusher. He backs up his motivation
with money, advice, and monitoring. He also commands my respect, and
didn't actt like seks was. all that mattered. He always put 'us' first,
not all these 'me-me' guys we have. His devotion to God is top notch,
and his future prospects are aligned with. mine.

sorry for the epistle, but nothing as sweet as marrying the friend you
love. [/quote]ds has got to b no oda but my darlyn Gbadeski!!!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
kika23:

Just did grin grin

No tales yet... sad
same here sad d stories here offers hope tho

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
onadana:
[color=#006600][/color]

Really....I met my wife at the gym....am supposed to tell the whole story...?

yes na sad
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by chubbypearl(f): 11:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
babygirlfl:
Thank you op for the lovely thread. You put a smile on my face this Sunday morning.

I love staying indoors. Friends and sometimes family would tell me to try and go out a little bit more. My lovely friend would say - you don't meet people while indoors. She was wrong in my case. Love found me at home.

We lived in the same city both in Nigeria and in the UK. My sister was travelling to Nigeria and his sister needed to send a parcel home. His sister gave him the parcel to give me to pass on to my sister. Somehow that parcel took a few hours to drop. Been married a few years now.
I also love staying indoors,mine is so bad that i can stay at home without stepping out for weeks!whenever i am having a conversation with my mind,she tells me that gone were those days men came with their fathers to come and pluck that beautiful flower bla bla bla.am glad love found you at home.at least it proves that men still knock on doors to pluck that beautiful flower although i dont intend to wait for mine to knock on my father's door,hoping to meet him halfway.i hope.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by nazo27(f): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
so when church close. I just delayed small so that he will first reached were d car was parked as I saw him I show my self so that him go knw say I dey interested to join him go. so when he saw me he ask me whether am ready to go I said yes.so one of his friend later join us. on our way the friend started asking me my name where am from etc. my hubby didn't even talk to me till he drop me were he carried me.I thanked him and we move our separate ways... . .......to be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Inza we gat alot of things in common. the fear of been responsible for breaking someone's heart is one reason i'm stl single.

I thought u said u'r taken already in one thread like dt??

lipsrsealed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
same here sad d stories here offers hope tho

Yeah!! Charm is on his way though!!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
kika23:

Yeah!! Charm is on his way though!!
seen someone dt looks like charm already? wink
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

lipsrsealed
open dt mouth
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
seen someone dt looks like charm already? wink

Maybe wink
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
open dt mouth

no o lipsrsealed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
kika23:

Maybe wink
really?
gv me gist grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

no o lipsrsealed
one last tym

open dt mouth!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by onadana: 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
cheesy
elantraceey:

yes na sad
elantraceey:

yes na sad
elantraceey:

yes na sad

She was cycling on a bike...so shy..I see her when she comes everyday...what strucked me was she was always alone..quite too..I said hello..and that's it.Just hello..each time she comes...we got talking and she made it a point to preach to me every day.There was this lady I know who told me there is a friend of hers she wanted me to meet.... didn't know she was the one.By the time she did the introduction we were friends. We were friend.....for once i met someone I could freely discuss anything with and who didn't judge me.We dated 10months....I didn't invite her to my house for once.....why the hurry....when I knew she was my wife.

6 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
lipsrsealed
AgapeCharis:
really?
gv me gist grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
babygirlfl:
Thank you op for the lovely thread. You put a smile on my face this Sunday morning.

I love staying indoors. Friends and sometimes family would tell me to try and go out a little bit more. My lovely friend would say - you don't meet people while indoors. She was wrong in my case. Love found me at home.

We lived in the same city both in Nigeria and in the UK. My sister was travelling to Nigeria and his sister needed to send a parcel home. His sister gave him the parcel to give me to pass on to my sister. Somehow that parcel took a few hours to drop. Been married a few years now.

A lovely story. I like how you kept the finer details to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
kika23:
lipsrsealed
gist me joor
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=onadana post=29918760] cheesy[color=#006600][/color]

She was cycling on a bike...so shy..I see her when she comes everyday...what strucked me was she was always alone..quite too..I said hello..and that's it.Just hello..each time she comes...we got talking and she made it a point to preach to me every day.There was this lady I know who told me there is a friend of hers she wanted me to meet.... didn't know she was the one.By the time she did the introduction we were friends. We were friend.....for once i met someone I could freely discuss anything with and who didn't judge me.We dated 10months....I didn't invite her to my house for once.....why the hurry....when I knew she was my wife.[quote]

Hmmmm , this is really nice.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
gist me joor

No gist!!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2015
kika23:

No gist!!
okies

dt exclamation mark fear me sha
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kika23(f): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
okies

dt exclamation mark fear me sha

Looool!! It shouldn't, I use it all the time...
No gist yet na... Charm is the hubby... No ring yet... You gerrit?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by onadana: 12:02am On Jan 19, 2015
elantraceey:
[/quote]
elantraceey post=29919003:
[quote author=elantraceey post=29919003]

Thanks....marriage is challenging....its takes both parties equal effort to make it work.Mutual respect.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 19, 2015
kika23:

Looool!! It shouldn't, I use it all the time...
No gist yet na... Charm is the hubby... No ring yet... You gerrit?
i gerrit smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by missade(f): 12:20am On Jan 19, 2015
Ok...

In 2012, I finally got called for my NYSC service. But unilag was so slow in bringing out our call up letters, that by the time they did, it was too late to influence the state to serve in. That didn't mater to me because I had prayed and felt confident.

Omo, na so them post me go Nasarawa... shocked grin dad wanted me to change to Lagos but it was late as Lagos was already full. So I left for Nasarawa and that's where I met him (meanwhile mum told me I would meet Hubby there kiss, I was like all this old women sef)

Ok, so my bat was flat and I went to charge it and that's where we met. Tho we didn't speak till after two days. He would always ask me to come out and eat or hang out in the evening but omo girl likes to stay indoors. Besides, u know how NYSC paroles dey be. Wasn't interested in all that and he had lots of women around him anyways.
I played volleyball for my platoon , each training session he wd come watch me and defend me if peeps were harassing me cheesy we became friends but I still declined his invitations. Sth happened 2 nights b4 camp ended. My friends and I decided to drink palm wine at mami market, even tho the highest I had taken was one bottle of smirnoff, I said oya na. They didn't have so we took smirnoff. I had 2 bottles and was very happy! I hugged everyone I knew! embarassed grin cheesy

Well, he was there watching, he called me and asked me to go to the hostel and rest. My friends had left me with our guy friends from the same platoon. Guess he was uneasy and watched and took me to the hostel to prevent story that touch. Lol
Anyways, he redeployed and asked me to do so but I didn't. Throughout we talked on the phone for hours, when I was in lag he wd come see me at home and vice versa. The relationship blossomed with my mum giving me that "I told you so" look undecided getting married this year, it's all good.

Er...moral of the story; be full of faith and trust cos life throwing u shade may be a blessing in disguise cos he actually finished ahead of me and his name kept missing from the NYSC list till he decided to do his masters.
Sorry for the very long epistle. The end! cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elohorayodele: 12:25am On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:
I really like this thread. I had began 2 develop marriage n relationship phobia cos of stories I hear and a terrible experience I just had recently. This thread kinda gives me hope....but i'm still on a relationship break sha, don't know when i'll put myself out there again, I just wanna be in my shell, I feel so safe here,like no one can hurt me.

Am in my shell too, can we both come out together?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.