Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80229 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 19, 2015
cococandy:
I met him during my undergrad days 6yrs ago.
I was just 18 almost 19. More like a little girl.
I didn't know our small friendship then would turn to something else years later. As in I didn't know we would part ways and meet again and everything would happen cheesy

That's the story.
Ok bye

That's a nice story, Coco. I like the mystery here too.

Life can be strange.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 12:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Davivah:

You are doing the right thing ... when you see the one made for you, you wont think otherwise

Thank you smiley

I pray I see her soon.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by cc150615(f): 12:49am On Jan 19, 2015
dein77:

Oya, lemme complete my story. This is a very warm thread.

Trust me: I made the very first move. Politely. Gentlemanly. Courteous. Appeared simple. She was preparing for her one of her HND 2 exams.

After chatting with her for a while, I politely requested for her digits, which she gave me there and then. I just knew she was going to be my wife. I have been praying for a lifetime since my secondary school days...

Left Kaduna June that year and returned back to PH. I actually went to Kaduna for a professional training organised by my organisation. In the end, I returned with two certificates. .U know what I mean na?

We kept communications going even after my leaving Kaduna. Visafone hear am for our hand. The calls were long, numerous and relentless. I knew she had other suitors, but I was able to make her see reasons why she should spend the rest of our life with me. I knocked off the other suitors. Actually, she had an accident, and was using crutches. I guess that scared the other suitors, while I willingly and happily stepped in. I was there for her throughput that challenging period.

After careful thoughts and deliberations, I felt it was time to make the bold move before water go pass garri. A lady well endowed with such a sumptuous figure? Ridiculously amazing. Factory fitted pointers and spring loaded V-boot? Now couple that with an unassuming, amiable, affable nature! I no fit miss am...... I officially proposed to her November that year; 2008. She instantly accepted and like an Olympic torch, we lit the love candle. It's still burning this morning. She's sleeping beside me as I type.

We were in courtship till October, 2009, when it metamorphosed into the marriage it is today. It's being one of my smartest decisions in my whole life.

Today, we're blessed with two kids: a boy and a girl.

Sophyrocks, where art thou?
I wanna be like u wen i grow up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by cc150615(f): 12:56am On Jan 19, 2015
westmest:
It was the year 2022, my company an IOC had just changed flight contractors that do carry us to the oil rig, i was going for a routine inspection, and as i approached the helicopter i saw probably the most beautiful thing i, ve ever seen in my life. She was the pilot, she was putting on a dark spectacle. She was such a beauty. I was stunned and i didnt know when i waved her. I was even thinking she would ignore.

Then it happened she waved back. I was like O.M.G, she just waved.
I,m usually afriad when flying, but it was as if time stopped, and nothing else mattered.not even the fear of crashing, while we were on board and all i could think of was her. To be continued. ...
Hehehe, Na till u become grandpa abi?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dlex21(m): 1:07am On Jan 19, 2015
Wow... Lovely stories... It's funny but nice how pple find love and get married in hopeless places.... I hope to share my story soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 1:26am On Jan 19, 2015
okotv:
get ready to come out of that shell. Remember its a year of settlement

Amen smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 1:28am On Jan 19, 2015
elohorayodele:

Am in my shell too, can we both come out together?

Not ready yet. Take d step 1st then let me know how it is out there b4 I can join u grin cheesy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kunlenkirol(m): 2:30am On Jan 19, 2015
I met my hearthrob in the University of Ibadan, Agbowo shopping complex to be precise in 2008. I was doing my master program while she was an undergraduate. I had enrolled for a master program because I couldn't get a job after NYSC in 2007. On this fateful day, Dr Ekanola had given me an assignment which I was to present in three days time, so I quickly dashed to the cyber cafe at Agbowo shopping complex to browse for a material on jstor. As I paid for one hour and was ushered into my seat, behold a beautiful young lady beside me. Her beauty was fascinating and her perfume was enticing and charming. I peeped into her monitor to know how much time she had left. She had 44 minutes while I had one hour. As I was browsing I was looking at her face. She did not appear to have noticed me though she later confessed that she was furious as to why I wouuld be peeping on her monitor. After she finished browsing, I asked her if she wouuldnt mind if I bought her more time but she declined my offer and hurriedly left for the door. I left what I was doing and chased her, she declined all my offer to get her number, hostel or her course. That night I couldn't sleep because of the effect she had on me. But as fate would have it, I ran into her at Kenneth Dike's Library, We became friends and after graduation we tie the nuptial. And hear we are. I hope I did not bore you with my epistle. Lol!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dont8(m): 3:49am On Jan 19, 2015
--

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by arabambi123: 4:19am On Jan 19, 2015
sweetwuraola:
Wonderful stories, wish I have one to tell.. Hmmmm, love is a beautiful thng.

Hmmm.let us keep it rolling.u can respond to my PM @wura
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by arabambi123: 4:33am On Jan 19, 2015
Love this thread.For me,I was just too serious with academics in my school days.Never gave a damn about serious "relationship".Still waiting for that single moment when I will meet "her".coming back to give u guys the full gist.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 19, 2015
yeamesee:
ds has got to b no oda but my darlyn Gbadeski!!!

Momo, no other o! How's u sweets?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by aishaquest(f): 5:14am On Jan 19, 2015
I haven't met him yet...at least not that I know of. grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by okotv(m): 6:06am On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

Amen smiley
Amen
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Vikky014(f): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Otta, 2003: Sunday afternoon, went to drop off dad's car at the mechanic, had no change(bike fare was #30 and I had a #1000 note on me) and decided to enjoy a walk home. I decide to explore a new route and, viola, I come upon a business centre and decide to put a call through to a friend make we for hang out; see we had phones but no airtime in those days.

Someone was on the phone when I got there so, I had to wait my turn. In the meantime, there was a lovely looking gyal sitting by the side eating ofada rice and as I was hungry I asked to join, and with the most dazzling smile made to give me the dish, I said thanks and said I was kidding and asked her name which she told me. So, I put my phone on silent mode, took their phone and dialled my number twice and told them the guy didn't pick, I totally forgot to call my homey.

I get home and dial the number and asked to speak to her, it turns out she was the daughter of the phone centre woman and I only had the chance to chat her up because mom was attending to another customer. Anyway, her mom tells me to call her own phone and I say it's not going through. She hands over the phone to daugjter and I proceed to introduce myself "erm, I'm the guy that asked for rice now now. Please, don't hang up". Somehow, she found it funny angry and the rest is history. We're currently trying for baby number 2. Hehehehe. grin
hahahahahaha.@i'm the guy that asked for rice now now.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Coolguy89(m): 7:18am On Jan 19, 2015
An yet to meet her,maybe in future grin

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 7:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Coolguy89:
An yet to meet her,maybe in future grin

Just go about your business; take it not TOO seriously.

At the most casual manner, you may bump into her. Be prepared to recognise her when she comes around.

She may come around so calm, collected, and quiet; she may also come across so talkative, bold and assuming.

Be prepared. Your heart will know it......

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Coolguy89(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2015
dein77:

Just go about your business; take it not TOO seriously.

At the most casual manner, you may bump into her. Be prepared to recognise her when she comes around.

She may come around so calm, collected, and quiet; she may also come across so talkative, bold and assuming.

Be prepared. Your heart will know it......
ok thank you
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by rezzy: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Came back from NYSC, had no one yet.

Met him in church. After faith clinic service, he approached me and asked whether I'm born again and I said Nop. He asked when will I give my life to Christ, I said next week. He kept disturbing me until I agreed to give my life to Jesus Christ March 2011

We became friends as in brother and sister in the church.

December 2011, as friends that we were, I told him a brother in church is asking for my hand in marriage, how does he see the guy. Mehn, the next day, he sent me a text that he loves me, I became confused. From that day onward love text begin full my phone.

Meanwhile, I was still given the other guy green light though he knew I wasn't serious and blamed our pastor that they have used pastors power to give me to their Co pastor.

August 2012, my pastor proposed, got married Dec 2013.

How do I know he's the right one.?
Make I no lie, I didn't pray about it. He is cool to the core, and he fears God. Not only that, I no wan hear say no be my husband if I pray. Age no dey my side

13 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Jan 19, 2015
Spam bot made me late for this party. EfemenaXY carefreewannabe I now understand the tiptoeing you guys where doing with the language thing, I jumped in with both feet and got myself a ban. Anyways here goes.

A female friend called me up to assist her in house hunting. She told me someone else would be joining us if I don't mind and I said it was okay. At the place we went to see I met this friend of my friend. Polite greetings and that was all, no spark not even her beauty struck me but as we were driving to drop her off she said something that made me do a double take and look at her in the rear view mirror to make sure it was actually her speaking, LoL. She said a man had offered her a job, house and car in exchange for becoming the man's "pet". She said she dammed the man and said a big NO. This is in Abuja and this "poor" beautiful girl is turning down such a juicy offer? OMG I knew I had to find out if she was for real or not.

After we drop her off I told my friend, "give me this your friend na" and she said she'll find out if it was OK to give me her phone number. A couple of days later she sends it to me and tells me to give this unbelievable babe a call. The call lead to a friendship through which I discovered that the babe was for real. I then prayed to God that I have found o! You said he that findeth a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour of the Lord, Lord show me if this choice is good. The Lord showed me and our relationship was tested through 4 years of courtship, during which I lost my job and found it very difficult to even by gas for my car. We stuck together through thick and thin, I was blessed with another job and another car to God's glory. We used to joke that people seeing us now won't understand why I open the car door for her thinking all sorts of wrong things, LoL. We are married now and I still wake up everyday knowing that indeed the Lord has favoured me. wink grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by yoged(m): 9:20am On Jan 19, 2015
oluplus:
We were classmates then in school ( better by far). It started from night class tutorials, practical group and reading together, fortunately we atteneded the same fellowship and in the same unit., so it was not difficult when I asked her out in our final year. Today , she's the mother of my 2 boys. Good to marry your friend.
Hmmmmm unilorin thing. Those SLT,LT love. Lol. God bless your home ooooo
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Godmother(f): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:
Spam bot made me late for this party. EfemenaXY carefreewannabe I now understand the tiptoeing you guys where doing with the language thing, I jumped in with both feet and got myself a ban. Anyways here goes.

A female friend called me up to assist her in house hunting. She told me someone else would be joining us if I don't mind and I said it was okay. At the place we went to see I met this friend of my friend. Polite greetings and that was all, no spark not even her beauty struck me but as we were driving to drop her off she said something that made me do a double take and look at her in the rear view mirror to make sure it was actually her speaking, LoL. She said a man had offered her a job, house and car in exchange for becoming the man's "pet". She said she dammed the man and said a big NO. This is in Abuja and this "poor" beautiful girl is turning down such a juicy offer? OMG I knew I had to find out if she was for real or not.

After we drop her off I told my friend, "give me this your friend na" and she said she'll find out if it was OK to give me her phone number. A couple of days later she sends it to me and tells me to give this unbelievable babe a call. The call lead to a friendship through which I discovered that the babe was for real. I then prayed to God that I have found o! You said he that findeth a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour of the Lord, Lord show me if this choice is good. The Lord showed me and our relationship was tested through 4 years of courtship, during which I lost my job and found it very difficult to even by gas for my car. We stuck together through thick and thin, I was blessed with another job and another car to God's glory. We used to joke that people seeing us now won't understand why I open the car door for her thinking all sorts of wrong things, LoL. We are married now and I still wake up everyday knowing that indeed the Lord has favoured me. wink grin

This is a beautiful story.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 9:59am On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:

Wow , this is soooooo beautiful cheesy cry

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2015
Godmother:

This is a beautiful story.

Thanks! Looking forward to yours soon! smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Jan 19, 2015
elantraceey:

Wow , this is soooooo beautiful cheesy cry

Thank you! But why the sad face?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:09am On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:

Thank you! But why the sad face?

Don't mind me jare , sometimes i'm like that
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by mimix: 10:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Wish I could share mine but not married yet.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by DSuperWoman(f): 10:15am On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:

kai this is my best story I wish my future hubby will cherish and appreciate me like this

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 10:16am On Jan 19, 2015
DSuperWoman:
kai this is my best story I wish my future hubby will cherish and appreciate me like this

Me too o

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dlex21(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2015
kunlenkirol:
I met my hearthrob in the University of Ibadan, Agbowo shopping complex to be precise in 2008. I was doing my master program while she was an undergraduate. I had enrolled for a master program because I couldn't get a job after NYSC in 2007. On this fateful day, Dr Ekanola had given me an assignment which I was to present in three days time, so I quickly dashed to the cyber cafe at Agbowo shopping complex to browse for a material on jstor. As I paid for one hour and was ushered into my seat, behold a beautiful young lady beside me. Her beauty was fascinating and her perfume was enticing and charming. I peeped into her monitor to know how much time she had left. She had 44 minutes while I had one hour. As I was browsing I was looking at her face. She did not appear to have noticed me though she later confessed that she was furious as to why I wouuld be peeping on her monitor. After she finished browsing, I asked her if she wouuldnt mind if I bought her more time but she declined my offer and hurriedly left for the door. I left what I was doing and chased her, she declined all my offer to get her number, hostel or her course. That night I couldn't sleep because of the effect she had on me. But as fate would have it, I ran into her at Kenneth Dike's Library, We became friends and after graduation we tie the nuptial. And hear we are. I hope I did not bore you with my epistle. Lol!
Hehehe.... Nice story
Also doing my masters at UI and I'm heading to agbowo shopping complex now now.... I never can tell...I may also find an undergraduate Mrs right there grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

Amen smiley

Dear, I may not be married so as to advise you from experience but based on your story; I wanna drop some words for you:
1)Fear of the unknown is the worst of all because most times, all that we feared for NEVER even happens at all. So babe, kill the fear and jump out to the street.
2)No one picks who does not search...
3)Failure isn't actually in failing or making mistakes but in staying down after we have fallen...
4)Experience is the best teacher. You're not living if you haven't made some mistakes...
5)That your shell will be your greatest undoing; if you don't burst it now...take hold of your life & happiness... enjoy it because it's too short a life to waste it regretting events of yesterday...or crying over spilt milk...
6)Will be just too happy celebrating you soonest...

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Godmother(f): 10:58am On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:

Thanks! Looking forward to yours soon! smiley

You are welcome. And mine is coming soon, by His Grace grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.