Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80212 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
LordReed:

If you notice I said to God "is this a good choice?" I was ready for both a positive or negative answer (the answer I got shocked me to my marrow). I wasn't praying for God to ratify my choice, I was asking God for wisdom. I had been praying for God to lead me to who He thought best for me so in effect I was asking Him "is this her?" Hope you follow?

May you never feel the pain of loosing your livelihood, in Jesus name Amen.

Yeah okay..... I really get you now.

Thank you for taking time to explain

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Dear, I may not be married so as to advise you from experience but based on your story; I wanna drop some words for you:
1)Fear of the unknown is the worst of all because most times, all that we feared for NEVER even happens at all. So babe, kill the fear and jump out to the street.
2)No one picks who does not search...
3)Failure isn't actually in failing or making mistakes but in staying down after we have fallen...
4)Experience is the best teacher. You're not living if you haven't made some mistakes...
5)That your shell will be your greatest undoing; if you don't burst it now...take hold of your life & happiness... enjoy it because it's too short a life to waste it regretting events of yesterday...or crying over spilt milk...
6)Will be just too happy celebrating you soonest...

Thanks for this and no i've not given up, I just need sometime to heal.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Let me tell you this: NO RISK, NO FUN! wink

And stop worrying so much, our thoughts create our reality! wink

true, but sometimes u just need to step back a bit.....lol......life's too short to worry too much anyway.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kingphilip(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I met him in my year 1..i was packing into my new lodge(off campus) and he was packing into same lodge in a room opposite mine..he was in 300l then, said he wanted somewhere closer to school hence the change of lodge. ..

We became friends (neighbour things cheesy smiley), he told me stuffs about the school, advised me including making good grades, attending lectures, staying off guys, et al.. Talked me into getting a library card and would ask me if I went to the library each time I came back from school...we really became so close, attended morning mass and other church gatherings together (catholics will understand), I could borrow anything from him including beverages, food stuffs etc likewise him. whenever he had food, I wouldn't bother cooking but would simply eat from his, likewise him. he would flash me in the night to get up and read, we sometimes did night calls just to keep sleep off our eyes..During exams, whoever didn't have an exam for that day did the cooking... I can go on and on, we were the best to each other..he was good to me and I was nice to him.. People thought we were related but when they found out the truth, they strted spying on us.. grin angry

All these while, nothing happened between us(it's hard to believe right? but sincerely nothing did), I never passed the night in his room though stayed late sometimes watching movies or gisting while his door was open....

He finally asked me out in his final year and that was the beginning of our romantic relationship cheesy wink.. I actually knew he had interest in me because of his attitude when other guys pestered me....

Anyway, it's 6yrs now and we are engaged.. he has taken the first step of seeing my parents and we are tying the nut come April. ... smiley

Asked him why he kept disturbing me about studies during my early years in the Uni, he said "he wanted to build his world"...Yeah, we both graduated with excellent grades...

I will catch a bullet anyday for him.. His happiness is my priority. . He's my first and only love kiss kiss kiss smiley smiley
He always says "we will teach the world the meaning of true love".. smiley smiley cry

I pray God always not to let this seed of love in us die but rather get better with time. .. I love you till death sweetheart smiley smiley smiley

Yeah, true love still exists. . cool cool... sorry for the long epistle smiley wink
no forget send me the card o

una wedding rice suppose sweet

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You just have to drop that fear, open up to love sweetie.

Mine is a long story, would tell you on a very good day. smiley

Hmmmmmm....scratches my itchy ears.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by dein77(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
One of my best threads EVER.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Brito

You no go share own

I dey wait joo. grin

I dey come
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Hawlahscho(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
brito:

I dey come

grin
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

Thanks for this and no i've not given up, I just need sometime to heal.

The healing will be faster when out there babe...

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hawlahscho:

grin

Watin you want hear?
Anyway how we met don comot for mind na marriage I dey think of now. try reply
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

The healing will be faster when out there babe...

i think i'll just pour out the sadness/frustration on anyone i meet if I don't heal n i wouldn't like to be a burden to anyone.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

i think i'll just pour out the sadness/frustration on anyone i meet if I don't heal n i wouldn't like to be a burden to anyone.

Hmm...not really true unless you're determined to keep malice and transfer aggression which isn't a virtue at all...it will hurt you either way...let's do this now...
Can you trust me enough so that we talk about those pains and frustrations maybe that way, you may feel better and relieved..??.cos a problem shared is half solved...

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by kunlenkirol(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
grin lol
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Hmm...not really true unless you're determined to keep malice and transfer aggression which isn't a virtue at all...it will hurt you either way...let's do this now...
Can you trust me enough so that we talk about those pains and frustrations maybe that way, you may feel better and relieved..??.cos a problem shared is half solved...

lol....let's do this smiley
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

lol....let's do this smiley

Can we proudly do it here or you desire some privacy?...which makes you more comfortable?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Can we proudly do it here or you desire some privacy?...which makes you more comfortable?

privacy
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

privacy

fine then...check your mail...thanks
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You just have to drop that fear, open up to love sweetie.

Mine is a long story, would tell you on a very good day. smiley

I pray I'm able to drop dt fear. I believe when love comes knocking at d door, dt fear will find it's way out.

Looking forward to reading ur story though wink
how was ur day?

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Toakins: 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
dlex21:

Ehya... Sowee to read this. that's life and its how we deal with issues like this that define us... As they say good things go for better things to come around. It was def for the best and I'm pretty sure soon, a better loving man will come around. Cheers!

Thanks.. What doesn't kill will make one stronger.. Learnt my lesson. Life goes on. I know God has better plans.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

true, but sometimes u just need to step back a bit.....lol......life's too short to worry too much anyway.

I believe that you know best what is good for you but remember the stories, in which people found someone when they had a broken heart. wink

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

privacy

Did you receive my mail
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Did you receive my mail

Yes and I replied already undecided
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
uzolexis:

Yes and I replied already undecided

thank you...

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I pray I'm able to drop dt fear. I believe when love comes knocking at d door, dt fear will find it's way out.

Looking forward to reading ur story though wink
how was ur day?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

[i][/i]
hmmmmm

nice story smiley
Christmas smiled on u smiley
hope to tell mine soon embarassed
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by buggaboo: 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
bukatyne:

You are welcome

I know you will hear courtship is different from marriage but I'll say it depends on How you both want it.

Don't depart from your first love

You mean your true love.
The two are not always the same you know.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bukatyne(f): 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
buggaboo:

You mean your true love.
The two are not always the same you know.

Nope,

I meant first love... as used in the Bible

First love here means How they first started; the kind of rapport they built etc.

They should carry that love nwantiti attitude into their marriage;

Their change of status from engaged to married should affect everyone apart from themselves

They should still be that 100L chic/300L guy to themselves.

Long epistle
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by buggaboo: 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Nope,

I meant first love... as used in the Bible

First love here means How they first started; the kind of rapport they built etc.

They should carry that love nwantiti attitude into their marriage;

Their change of status from engaged to married should affect everyone apart from themselves

They should still be that 100L chic/300L guy to themselves.

Long epistle

Ok. I get you now.
Easier said than done though.
Life happens.
Kids happen.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2015
Toakins:

Same here too o. (First love tinz). Planned out my future with him. We even picked babynames...lol. Both families had a mini intro. He ended it sha.. Gave a lot of excuses..then travelled out.Its been 6 months o.. I am still heart broken as hell.. Anyone trying to get close now is like ebola to ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.. Focused on my career sha.

And Lovely thread too.. Following big time!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2015
Toakins:

Same here too o. (First love tinz). Planned out my future with him. We even picked babynames...lol. Both families had a mini intro. He ended it sha.. Gave a lot of excuses..then travelled out.Its been 6 months o.. I am still heart broken as hell.. Anyone trying to get close now is like ebola to ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.. Focused on my career sha.

And Lovely thread too.. Following big time!
...loves sucks my dear...thats when u with the wrong one!!

please put urself together again oo....

and let that special one in...

sory for replying late!!
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Toakins: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2015
patrickdarlins:
...loves sucks my dear...thats when u with the wrong one!!

please put urself together again oo....

and let that special one in...

sory for replying late!!

Thanks.. I will.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elohorayodele: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2015
uzolexis:

Not ready yet. Take d step 1st then let me know how it is out there b4 I can join u grin cheesy

I need someone to take it with Pls cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.