Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer (724 Views)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / Godwin Obaseki Is APC's Flag Bearer / The Wife Of Audi Abubakar, The APC Flag Bearer Of Kogi! More Stunning Than Lara! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer by UnknownT: 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please I need to know, as at last elections(2011) and the elections before it, candidates that were standing for elections were called Flag Bearers eg. The ACN presidential flag bearer bla bla bla, but this elections now, i keep hearing Standard Bearers eg. The LP standard bearer in Rivers state bla bla bla. So i would like my Nairaland Politicians to educate me more on the difference between the standard and the flag. Google couldn't so dont bother telling me to ask Google gringrin
Re: From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer by saaedlee: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
which Party did u notice using that phrase?
Re: From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer by UnknownT: 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
saaedlee:
which Party did u notice using that phrase?
Mostly used by newscasters
Re: From Flag Bearer To Standard Bearer by saaedlee: 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
UnknownT:
Mostly used by newscasters

I haven't heard bout it sha, buh google gave me som'in tho; http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard-bearer

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Mother Is From Borno State Yet He Refuses To Help Fight Boko Haram / Pa Buhari Should Not Be Addressed As Gen.buhari He Joined The Army Through Fraud / Achievemets Of Barrister Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.