Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo (27331 Views)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Nigeria: Prepare To Pay More For Electricity, Osinbajo Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by An2elect2(f): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Now am impressed. smiley

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by millionaireman: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
APC Fasle Propaganda manufactured by Chicago-based Propaganda-Lying Company, AKPD.

Most of APC is made up of PDP rejects, including OBJ - they could not supply Nigeria electricity for donkey years.

Using small electricity generating plants to supply Lagos hospital and Court with power is nothing compared to the enormous task of supplying all homes and businesses in Nigeria with power - this is what GEJ is striving to achieve.

GEJ has performed better than his predecessors in the electricity supply sector. So we shall continue with GEJ to fully reach the zenith of his electricity supply program.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Mc4larin: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Apc is busy with how they will solve Nigeria's problem, PDP is busy with character assassination....

Choose between who is more concerned in solving your problems and who is concerned with attacking the oppositions

Vote wisely

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by PerfumeRepublik: 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Iron Sponge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by groovie(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lol. How can you decentralize power? There are such things as the national grid. What? So he will just summarily decentralize the power and light go fly enter our house? Ok o.

3 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by gunther6(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
chubbygal:
GEJ/SAMBO till fowl grow teeth grin
if this is best you can do then i can tell you your education counts for nothing. I dont blame you but i blame the labour market for grinding u and spitting you out. accept my condolences
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by dondo83(m): 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
[img][/img]
PhockPhockMan:
Osibanjo should shut up his rotten mouth. Just tell us how they will build more power plant more than GEJ has done, not this child bla bla talk.
Let me tell who cares to listen, the first thing Buhari will do after gaining power is to cancel every achievement made in power sector just as he did to LAGOS METRO LINE.

GOD FORBID.

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by creepsyme(f): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Another cock and bull story again!

3 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by DzTzl(f): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
felifeli:
[size=16pt]This is one pastor that is definitely going to hell fire if he does not repent. Kai, na so politics dey destroy person life ? [/size]
& who are you to judge?

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
dondo83:
[img][/img]

we have examples in Lagos brother,You dont need to go to the moon and come back sir,the solution is simple sir
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by gunther6(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
groovie:
Lol. How can you decentralize power? There are such things as the national grid. What? So he will just summarily decentralize the power and light go fly enter our house? Ok o.
actually bros you can decentralize power and the idea of a national grid is oudated. in more civilized climes private sector have a license to generate and sell power which is summarily taxed by the government. so watch and learn

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by DrMuzungu(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
People, I beg, don't let anyone deceive you!!!!!

My small poor country of only like 9 million people, produces 2.5 times more electric power at any given moment, day, night, summer, winter. Nigeria being at least 20 times larger in terms of population, it means that we produce nearly 30 times more energy per person. Here, electricity goes off, on average, about 30 minutes a year, maybe one hour, in case of some large disasters at power plants or transmission system.

And we are not a rich western country, not at all!!!

To achieve that, Nigeria has to build energy production and transmission systems up to 30 times larger compared to what is on the ground now. APC, or any other political group, can achieve such expansion and improvements quickly only by using magic. Sadly, magic doesn't exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
I really don't know much abt Power but am not too sure of privatising the transmission sector...that's gonna be handing over lots of big instruments worth billion to some ppl....
How will it be distributed?? Will it be owned by one or several companies like the Disco?
Privatising Transmission might be harder than he is thinking but well if they can achieve it no problem....
You mind my Pastor;transmission will only be effective,if each coys will have different transmission lines;which is not possible the way we layout our houses.......

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Descartes: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
What a clueless comment from a professional lawyer ! That was the same way your "semi-illiterate" General wants to stabilise global oil price. Talk is cheap.

3 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Amitex(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
Rawani:
This is well thought out, practical, thorough and well penned. This is workable and is a global best practice, all within a sustainable framework. Kudos Prof.

Vote GMB/PYO 2015!

Have you wondered why Lagos APC could not power a local council? The IPP this man is talking about is like the one used by Cadbury in Ikeja. Majority of them are powered by Shell gas. Have you asked Osinbajo how much a kva cost from this source? My company pays Shell N22 million per month. How many Estates can afford that per month?

Stop deceiving gullible APC Supporters with sweet words. Tell us what a KVA cost from your IPP.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by gunther6(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
groovie:
actually bros you can decentralize power and the idea of a national grid is oudated. in more civilized climes private sector have a license to generate and sell power which is summarily taxed by the government. so watch and learn...
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Wahala90: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
[size=14pt]Save Nigeria from the islamized APC's agenda. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. Think about this:

1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim)
2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim)
3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)
4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)
5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim)
6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)
7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim)
8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim)
9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim)
10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim)
11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim)
12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)
13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert)
14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)
15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

Yet, these people want us to believe they are prgressives and that APC is a national party. Surely, APC has a hidden religious agenda. Be guided people! Share to all Christians you know to vote wisely. I will not want my children to live in a Nigeria where they cannot worship their GOD! Pls send to at least 10 friends who are Christians.[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by cole265(m): 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
This is someone with heads and can think with it. Not some PhD in corruption holders whose ideas are focused on stealing.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by XKZ(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
SAKUR:

He promised that Buhari, as an ex-serviceman, would not take the issue of insecurity with levity if voted into power.

The same Buhari who said the fight against Boko Haram is anti-North
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by groovie(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
olas24u:

we have examples in Lagos brother,You dont need to go to the moon and come back sir,the solution is simple sir

Bros pls could you be kind to just give me one address of the one they built in Lagos. I know the one at ikeja close to pwd and I know the one at Lagos island. Please educate me of others I don't know of.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
creepsyme:
Another cock and bull story again!

It very possible and visible ,electricity is strategic asset of a nation to compete with other nations and delivering social and economic goals to the Nigerian people.They have examples to show case in Lagos already with lesser resources than the federal and they can do more with more resources at the federal.Its not a Big thing at all brother ,it is because of long absence of electricity in your life that makes it look so impossible.Its not rocket science..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Mistermamus(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Too much talk talk apc smh

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
DrMuzungu:
People, I beg, don't let anyone deceive you!!!!!

My small poor country of only like 9 million people, produces 2.5 times more electric power at any given moment, day, night, summer, winter. Nigeria being at least 20 times larger in terms of population, it means that we produce nearly 30 times more energy per person. Here, electricity goes off, on average, about 30 minutes a year, maybe one hour, in case of some large disasters at power plants or transmission system.

And we are not a rich western country, not at all!!!

To achieve that, Nigeria has to build energy production and transmission systems up to 30 times larger compared to what is on the ground now. APC, or any other political group, can achieve such expansion and improvements quickly only by using magic. Sadly, magic doesn't exist.
Many Nigerians don't know how it works;they just think light is generator you connect to each house. Please any power Engineer in the house to shed more light on generation,transmission/distribution of electricity.You can google it sah......

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by secretcode01: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Mutuwa:
Good one.. Meanwhile..

February 14 election is not an election between GEJ and GMB but is an election between GEJ vs all the millions of unemployed graduates and youths, is an election between GEJ vs all those innocent graduates that were murdered during the last immigration exam, is an election between GEJ and all the relatives of the kidnap chibok girls, is an election between GEJ and all the victims of Yanya, Kano and other bomb blast, is an election between GEJ vs all the failed small business that has been short down due to shortage of power supply, is an election between GEJ and all those who lost their love ones during health workers strike, is also an election between GEJ and all those university undergraduates who has spent more than their stipulated years in school due to strikes and hike in fees. Finally is an election between GEJ and the general masses who are suffering from the clueless decisions of this government. As for me am supporting and voting for BUHARI because I can't support a president who fraudulently extort money from young graduates all in d name of giving them jobs only to end up killing lots of them. And this is a government that has not in any way imparted positively in the lives of our youths, rather they steal in billions of dollars from the common man.

If e pain anybody make e remove trouser sit on top hottt electric boiling ring.
May God almighty increase your wisdom...

Leave dem fools to be talking nonsense. Anybody still wonna vote in GEJ should know that their minds need a surgery. Buhari 2015 In Shaa Allah.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Louislewis: 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
[size=18pt]Lawyers mathematics...
This is known as answer without calculation.
IPP for every backyard, kitchen, toilet etc..
Solution coming from Association of Poluted Confusionist (APC)[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
millionaireman:
APC Fasle Propaganda manufactured by Chicago-based Propaganda-Lying Company, AKPD.

Most of APC is made up of PDP rejects, including OBJ - they could not supply Nigeria electricity for donkey years.

Using small electricity generating plants to supply Lagos hospital and Court with power is nothing compared to the enormous task of supplying all homes and businesses in Nigeria with power - this is what GEJ is striving to achieve.

GEJ has performed better than his predecessors in the electricity supply sector. So we shall continue with GEJ to fully reach the zenith of his electricity supply program.

Obj left 4,000, GEJ is celebrating 4,000 megawatts,who is fooling who actually ,Mbaka grin

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by killuminati(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
ichidodo:
At a point i dozed off reading that humdrum of his statement...we need a novel idea not this claptrap of propagandic proportion…Ipp for Local goffnment kó Ipp for Central goffnment ni.
You're too boring, move to the left side..

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by cole265(m): 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wahala90:
[size=13pt]Save Nigeria from the islamized APC's agenda. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. Think about this:

Yet, these people want us to believe they are prgressives and that APC is a national party. Surely, APC has a hidden religious agenda. Be guided people!

Share to all Christians you know to vote wisely. I will not want my children to live in a Nigeria where they cannot worship their GOD! Pls send to at least 10 friends who are Christians.[/size]

Old propaganda, Plsheeeeeee...let me update you. Buhary has cancer is the latest. Even Buhari has no certificate has failed o. grin grin
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by millionaireman: 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Amitex:

Have you wondered why Lagos APC could not power a local council? The IPP this man is talking about is like the one used by Cadbury in Ikeja. Majority of them are powered by Shell gas. .

Osibanjo thinks he is talking to dummies.

He is going to use little plants to supply electricity to Nigeria?

By the way, many Nigerian homes and businesses have been using INDEPENDENT generators - so Osibanjo must be implying that APC govt shall encourage Nigerians to purchase more generators.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by viceldo(m): 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
gunther6:

if this is best you can do then i can tell you your education counts for nothing. I dont blame you but i blame the labour market for grinding u and spitting you out. accept my condolences

I'M IN.....

dis are dayz wia men sold dia dignitery into salvery.....while wide disire's nd greedynes still live's in dem.....politikul gamesssssss.........dnt b folled arund....

I'M OUT.....

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wahala90:
[size=14pt]Save Nigeria from the islamized APC's agenda. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. Think about this:

Yet, these people want us to believe they are prgressives and that APC is a national party. Surely, APC has a hidden religious agenda. Be guided people! Share to all Christians you know to vote wisely. I will not want my children to live in a Nigeria where they cannot worship their GOD! Pls send to at least 10 friends who are Christians.[/size]

we suffer electricity to together,poverty together,you cannot divide people,GEJ had 6 years to fix at least the inbalance.We need competition ,we need true federalism.OBJ did not do it,Yar adua did not do it ,GEJ cannot do it
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by AreaFada2: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Abduletudaye:
Osinbajo..I like you and GMB...but don't come here and lie that you will bring steady electricity.. angry ..haba..which kin lie be that!

Even a go-getter like OBJ couldn't do it. It's a lot more complex than people see from outside.

I think a gradual but steady & sustained approach is needed. He has not mentioned solar or wind energy. These have huge potential.

He hasn't mentioned possiblity of switching maybe 50% to nuclear energy in 10 to 15 years from now. Even the West with the tech for alternative sources still rely on atomic energy. It is within a nation's control, not much affected by external forces like OPEC etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maiduguri Bombed Again In Friday Morning Attack -vanguard / EFCC Slams UK Bank HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Failure / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.