Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches (53873 Views)

This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / X-raying Aisha Buhari V P Jonathan Campaign Speeches. Who Deserve To B Ur 1st La / Why Are General Buhari's Campaign Speeches So Short? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by ndcide(m): 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
I doubt if the writer of this sh!!t can understand a sentence when GMB speaks.
At least he heard GEJ and had to write something. I challenge him to write on what Buhari said yesterday on the campaign ground.

Even the journalists can't report anything. they'd have to meet Osinbanjo.

nonsense.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Huffington: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by baybeeboi: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nonsense thread
nonsense
since na by English now den na senator patrick obahiagbon go be our next president now
GEJ till trumpet sound

1 Like

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Amya(f): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Daily trust! Why did I even bother!

1 Like

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by festusfeezy(m): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Empero1:
I am yet to neither read nor see where Mr president claimed to be a professor of English language , therefore , he is excusable for any blunder he commits on the language . Even professors or natives of the language or any other language can and still make some mistakes in it . Perfection is an exclusive reserve for the creator of the universe .

i wonder oo, Emperor helep me tell dem oo, Jonathan never once claim to be prof of English
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by notoriousbabe: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
bettercreature:
Jonathan will loose over 1million votes because of this statement alone....“How much did Jim Nwobodo stole? Money not up to the price of a Peugeot and Buhari regime send him to jail. Is that good enough?”what a sucidal
omo,did the president actually say that?chisos!we have entered one chance shocked
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
TANK U MR PRESDO 4 KILLIN ENGLISH LANG IN 9JA
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by omajali2003(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
A very weak attempt to run down the president; such a needless piece.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Agwoden(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
OK! English dictionary we don here. Next.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by adoyi81: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by akanzy(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Question to Great Nigeria students should Nigeria students vote for Jonathan? 9 months university strike, 14 months poly strike, death of fresh grads at immigration recruitment massive unemployment due to corruption in his administration...
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by AJOT99(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
But GEJ never mentioned OBJ's name
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by usibengate(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Abeg make u na free that utuoke of a man. Na today him start dey break bottle. Even he love (PEG) na PhD holder for that aspect
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by MalcoImX: 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
Empero1:
I am yet to neither read nor see where Mr president claimed to be a professor of English language , therefore , he is excusable for any blunder he commits on the language . Even professors or natives of the language or any other language can and still make some mistakes in it . Perfection is an exclusive reserve for the creator of the universe .
Na wa oo! When Buhari mispronounced Osinbajo's name you all pounced on him. But when this one's blunders all you could say is 'he didn't claim to be a professor of English.

1 Like

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
Now this pure stupidity angry , the jobless dude that was so jobless to count d errors , lets 4get about politics 'RESPECT THE PRESIDENT' , alrt lemme assume a GO of a church makes a mistake, will u start ranting around undecided

abeg we're all humans n nobody is above mistake ..
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by slap1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Keep embarrassing your president before the whole world. Ndi ara!
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:
Here we see Buhari on video

In just this one video, Buhari has like 1000000 grammatic blunders ..

way too long for any newspaper article but easily watched in this data friendly video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtan7pDiaU

and then you see Jonathan in this video looking lively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijwa5LTBoWU

who is more Presidential abeg?

Jonathan till APC run out of propaganda
grin 1,000,000 grammatical clumsy. perhaps, he's an abok! without school sat.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by ITbomb(m): 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Translation
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by abdoolorunwa(m): 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
if school cert isn't a criteria for selection.y did fani kayode say GMB isn't qualified to become president?GEJ cannot address an audience for atleast 30 mins without a written speech yet he claims to be learned.or maybe d school went through him and not vice versa.GMB can talk confidently in public for as long as forever.we need somebody who represents our interests.GMB does GEJ doesn't.GEJ is a disgrace to d south southerners.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
zleemshaddy:
Now this pure stupidity angry , the jobless dude that was so jobless to count d errors , lets 4get about politics 'RESPECT THE PRESIDENT' , alrt lemme assume a GO of a church makes a mistake, will u start ranting around undecided

abeg we're all humans n nobody is above mistake ..
cognizant, you are right bro. well I see democracy as his problem. seizure of his PhD would be profitable.

1 Like

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by joeyekembele: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
Of the three sentences posted as grammatical errors committed by GEJ, the first two are far from being grammatical errors in English. English language as it were, is dynamic and mostly based on the speaker's usage hence the use of English by different English speaking country. We have the American English, Australian English, Scottish English, English English, etc.very of this is grammatically acceptable in the individual nation where it is registered. Nigerian English would not be out of place in this context. Though English language has a universal technical and grammatical acceptable standard, differing usage by different speakers cannot be thrown to the trash can. 1. The word 'tout' connotes someone who has no fixed means of livelihoods but depends on commission through carrying out some desired task for a principal, hence a motor park touts, airport touts etc. In Nigeria, touting is seen as a less honourable job done by less privileged and educationally disadvantaged individuals in the society. When a supposedly responsible personality behaves or disposes the character of the touts, it is grammatically correct to liken such a person to a tout hence a similitude. 2. Like I said earlier, English language is dynamic. The term 'senior citizen' depicts an elderly state man. That is the connotative meaning and it is universally acceptable in English as any listener understands it with ease. The dynamism in English allows a speaker to make a sentence taking into cognisance the part of speech expected to be present in a sentence.3. Like you explained, the sentence 'how much did Nwobodo stole' as allegedly spoken by the president, was grammatically incorrect. However, the local accent of the Nigerians affect our spoken English so much. He might have pronounced 'steal' in his Ijaw accent which would sound as 'stole' .Besides, the listener might have misconstrued him. Also, it might be a slip of the tongue which is inherent in every individual non native English speaker. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
And i spent my precious time to read dat trash... @op, no one is an island and perharps, english is not his primary language so u can stay there and laugh all day coz ur presido made some grammatical errors while he is over there making his own money..... Although i'm nt a PDP fan but the truth has to be said..... FeBUHARI all the way
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Badassniggga(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
omajali2003:
A very weak attempt to run down the president; such a needless piece.
not that i give a s#it about the blunders but what caught my attention was the "how much did jim nwobodo stole"? how do you explain that?? I'm waiting sir...
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
Juliaann:
Ode!!!! you know buhari own is nothing to write about

Hehe...whatever. February 14th can't come soon enough. We'll both watch Buhari triumph, albeit from afar.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
abdoolorunwa:
if school cert isn't a criteria for selection.y did fani kayode say GMB isn't qualified to become president?GEJ cannot address an audience for atleast 30 mins without a written speech yet he claims to be learned.or maybe d school went through him and not vice versa.GMB can talk confidently in public for as long as forever.we need somebody who represents our interests.GMB does GEJ doesn't.GEJ is a disgrace to d south southerners.
grin Hallelujatic; jumping, back flipping. He is an esteem to the Northern zone for bringing us out of awkwardness. are you sure you really trusted Buhari or you are just doing it out of frustration.
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by SWG1: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Amya:
You've got to be kidding me!

So the writer of this article all in the bid to make sense ended up not making any.
Amongst the 3 things he listed up there and spent time analysing, only one ofthem is technically a blunder ('stole' rather than 'steal') which is clearly a mistake of framing.

The writer of this article just spent so much space ridiculing himself rather than the president who he sought to ridicule. It was clearly written with bias and bad faith.

Need I remind anyone that English is a borrowed language and having a good command of the language is not necessarily intelligence as proven by the writer of this article. If you really want to discredit our humble amiable president, please try harder. This is one big pile of poo.

I buy ur idea. No need of commenting on that long thesis cos uv hit the bulls eye
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by berbs112(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Too long.... Can't go through it all... But its funny that Phd holder couldn't pick the right word to describe Baba... With or Without Certificate Change is inevitable... Buhari for President come FeBuhari 15...
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by johnmikel(f): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
the op is just a fool. how can he be making caricature of our dear president. zombie
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by adedejisy: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Drinking alcohol is a sin...Its a sin commited to holy spirit in you...Lobatan
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by kingjoo: 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
RicKyRichards:

Hehe...whatever. February 14th can't come soon enough. We'll both watch Buhari triumph, albeit from afar.

yes. we are all waiting for February. But i how you know you are only permitted to vote once. But the way you say it make me think you have the power of a million votes. As for the Op.please get something doing. it will help keep you busy. listening through a 25 minutes speech and search for an error shows how honored you are
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by nagoma(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:

way too long for any newspaper article but easily watched in this data friendly video

But GEJ claims to have PhD now
Re: Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches by anonimi: 10:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
scribble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vtan7pDiaU

and then you see Jonathan in this video looking lively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijwa5LTBoWU

Thanks for PROMTLY and quickly rebuffing the empty PROPAGANDA of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC before it confuses the minds of our impressionable people further.
Please keep it up.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Look On Obiano's Face As Buhari Hails Ganduje & Shades Kwankwaso In Paris / APC Supporters React As President Tinubu Appoints Obidient As Special Assistant. / Aisha Yesufu And David Hundeyin Fight Dirty Over Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.