Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man (1618 Views)

Guys, 3 Sure Signs She’s Using You For MUGU / Master Manipulators: How To Deal With Emotional Blackmail. / Emotional Blackmail In Relationships: A Necessary Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by scribble: 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hi Stella Bae *side eyes*

I've got a problem. hopefully, you and your readers could advice me on it.

I've got a girlfriend, who I love so much and would like to marry soon, but there's a problem. My girlfriend loves crying.

This may not be a problem, seeing that women are emotional beings, but hers is beyond me. It was never this way before, she probably read somewhere or watched something somewhere that said men loved crying girlfriends...cus I don't understand.

Growing up, I always saw my mum crying because of my dad's philandering ways and I hated it. I hated seeing her cry, it hurt me soo much- it made me hate my dad (we cool now). Since then, I couldn't stand seeing a woman cry, I just couldn't.

Now, my girlfriend probably (or maybe not) knows this, and still cries for little things. I work in Apapa and live on the Island and bae lives in Ikeja but wants me in her house every other day! I try, I really do, I try to see her at least 4 times every other week but she still cries if I miss a day. It hurts. I hate to see her cry...sometimes, I leave my house by 10pm to the mainland so she doesn't cry.

Last week, we were going through BN weddings (bad idea), next thing, I see tear drops on the laptop...
Me: bae you okay? Bae: yea I'm fine, just being emotional here lol... Me: ahh cool.

Two minutes later! just two! bae already starts crying..

Me: ahn, why is this getting to you? we could get off the page ..naa, bae told me she was crying because I haven't taken the bold step yet. This came to me as a surprise cus we talk about these things...we talk about OUR wedding, marriage, future etc.. why did she have to cry about it? Few days before, my mates and I were on about it.. trying to put two and two together to get the best surprise proposal for her. Why did she have to cry? why couldn't we just talk about it like adults?!

The other day, she wanted some money to buy kits for her workout. Cool, I'd send it to you tomorrow, I forgot to send it that week. I was honestly too busy and she of all people knows that, just a text to remind me will suffice. But no, bae called me that weekend to cry. Maaan.

The latest one now, is getting angry at me for walking out on her when she cries. I hate to see her cry and I can't stand it, so I walk on her most times. She gets upset. Lol it's even hard trying to be a 'macho man' cus she's just going to use her cries to soften me.
Is it a money matter? my babe will cry! She knows she's the only person I spend on, after myself anyway. I'm the youngest child and I don't take care of my parents, I already work in my Dad's company. So, I'm left with her and myself! any miscalculations or money delays, she'd cry!

My friends told me to leave her but what they don't understand is, I love her, it wasn't always like this. And she's an extremely sweet person. She's literally my best friend and 'gist partner' lol.. at least, when she's not crying. Plus I'm scared to move on with wedding plans because of this cry cry issue, I need to get it out the way before I marry her. Hence my questions:

1) Could it be a psychological problem? are there physicians that deal with this kind or things...is there medication for it?

2) Is this a girl thing? Some of my friends belive it is, but in my past relationships, I never saw anything like that...abi its a new thing and I'm the abnormal one?

3) How do I teach her to use my mumu button without crying? My last girlfriend (Note* I'm not comparing them, I love my girlfriend with ALL my heart!) didnt do anything like this, and got me to do a whole lot more than my present one has...and I love my girlfriend more! She knows she has the whole of me to herself, I have no idea why she still cries.

4) OR is she just crying to blackmail me, seeing that I hate to see her cry? I try not to believe this because everything is fine when she isn't crying...I mean, she could still get me to do stuff when she does't cry.

Please I need answers. What can I do?
Thanks guys!

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/01/chronicle-of-blog-visitor-narratives_18.html#more

Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by jamex93(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
its not to good for a lady to b this emotional because it makes them cry, and cry, and cry until u as d guy starts feeling guilty for nothing....
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Beamborla(f): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Whenever she starts crying, cry along with her.

You are welcome smiley
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by siegfried99(m): 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
I'll be back to comment cheesy
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Maamin(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
I heard somebody is crying. Who is crying?

Op,Next time if she is crying keep a big bucket in front of her.

My two cent..peace out!
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Ninilowo(m): 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shez trying to entangle you with wedding. Once you are married, she ll become dry. Those tear are what my mummy calls crocodile tears. My brother, read my lips : LET - HER - GO NOW.
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
You said she was not like this before*

Then something must have changed her. What could have changed her that's d question.

Try to understand what is really making her too emotional before u take d next step.
Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Beamborla:
Whenever she starts crying, cry along with her.

You are welcome smiley
lol...I love this!!!

1 Like

Re: Is She Using Emotional Blackmail To Keep This Man by Shugaryme(f): 10:33am On Jan 19, 2015
Sit her down and talk to her, find out from her why she cries so often now...

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Think Of My Gf Almost Everytime / He Cheated On Me While I Was Pregnant..please Advice Her / If You Were To Marry Your Partner Where You Met Them...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.