Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. (1640 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Dannyset(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ruffled by the momentum generated by the nomination of Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as General Mohamadu Buhari's running mate, President Goodluck Jonathan is asking a group of Pentecostal pastors to help him avert what he fears could be an impending loss in next month's presidential polls.

Osinbajo, a prominent cleric with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, law professor and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN emerged APC's presidential running mate last month giving President Jonathan and the ruling party, PDP, what is being described as sleepless nights, by sources.

Specifically last Thursday, the President held a meeting in Abuja, with a number of Pentecostal pastors led by Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, with the main agenda being how to fashion out ways to solve the "Osinbajo" problem.

Sources at the meeting confirmed that President Jonathan confessed in a rather rattled and humbling manner that "Osinbajo is my problem."

According to those at the meeting, the President added that "everything was okay until APC picked Osinbajo."

This is coming against the background of wild speculations that APC is an Islamist party and that General Buhari is a religious fundamentalist-which has become one of the main planks of the PDP presidential campaign. While PDP chieftains and supporters have continued to characterize APC as an Islamist party, APC leaders have consistently dismissed such as unfounded, baseless and a scare tactic by the PDP.

Many observers say the nomination of a prominent Pentecostal pastor from the fastest growing church in Africa by the APC may have effectively doused such speculations and the attempt to label the party as one with an islamization agenda.

There has been a rather conscious attempt to make next month's presidential polls a religious one especially in the Southern part of the country where there is a much larger Christian population, observers say.

At the meeting organized by the Executive Secretary of the National Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) John Kennedy Okpara, President Jonathan poured out his mind that running against a leading Pastor of the RCCG, who is also known to be very close to the much reverred General Overseer of the church, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, is an uphill task.

Sources at the meeting, said Jonathan was ruffled and much distracted as he confessed to the challenge to him, of the APC naming such a person as Osinbajo as General Buhari's running mate.

In response, the Pastors led by Bishop Oyedepo assured the President at the meeting that they would, "starting from today," use every device possible including social media, the pulpit and influence peddling, to campaign in support of President Jonathan and against the Buhari-Osinbajo ticket.

Before the meeting with the President, sources said the pastors held a meeting on the same day to strategize and agree on how and what they would present  to the president.

At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians. 

While some of the pastors were shocked and disappointed that Bishop Oyedepo would not allow them to raise important issues bothering most Nigerians, they decided to keep silent not to be seen as spoilsports.

And later after meeting the president, the pastors gathered together again on the same day to device strategies they will use to campaign against Buhari/Osinbajo, with the main scheme being to label the ticket as an Islamist one.

Some of the pastors also suggested that they can influence Christians that the position of Vice President is not an effective one, and that having a Christian hold it makes no difference, although the Nigerian constitution and the order of precedence makes the office the next in rank to the president.

Indeed as if carrying out the resolve, members of the Winners Chapel said Bishop Oyedepo has already started using the pulpit to achieve the goals set out at last Thursday meeting in Abuja.

Some of the members said yesterday Sunday January 18, Bishop Oyedepo raised a prayer point that an Islamist would not become the President of Nigeria in the polls coming next month to the chagrin of many of the church attendants on Sunday.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/19/“osinbajo-my-problem”-president-jonathan-cries-out-secret-meeting-pentecostal-pastors

Pls if this link is not going u can check on Sahara Reporters FB time line to confirm.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by ORACLE1975(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
ha
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by klodike(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
So was Sahara allowed into the meeting? How did they get this info. I smell.......
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by eagleeye2: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
I pray this election come and pass..... so much hatred flying around.
@Op,
who allowed SR into the said secret meeting?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Dannyset(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
klodike:
So was Sahara allowed into the meeting? How did they get this info. I smell.......

Like we hav bn getting in all other secret meetings. If u wanna smell anything, it should be the truth bro.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by donphilopus: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
While Fayose and other PDP certified thugs continue spewing balderdash, Buhari/Osinbajo are getting more popular by the second. Jonathan's days in Aso Rock are numbered!

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by clubone0501: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lol
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lobish. Tinuba yes man with no political relevant can't deter christians from making valid decisions on who govern them. This is not North where zoombies vote even when poverty remain their stock in trade'
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by elomepee: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
May God help you people. Telephone without wire
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by olaboy001(m): 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
With the way GEJ and his dogs are acting I think they've got something on INEC and Jega that we don't know because nobody can be this stupid☹
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by omenka(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mr president, it appears your brain is overheating hence it's functionality has been limited. Why wouldn't it when you go to bed with your fedora hat on? Take off the hat for once and allow some cool ol breeze through your hair, the effect could be profound sir. When you do and the temperature reduces to normal levels, perhaps you would then see that you and perhaps your wife are you biggest problems!
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by blacksta(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
In response, the Pastors led by Bishop Oyedepo assured the President at the meeting that they would, "starting from today," use every device possible including social media, the pulpit and influence peddling, to campaign in support of President Jonathan and against the Buhari-Osinbajo ticket.

if you believe that Oyedipo will stoop low this... then it is you that needs help grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by laykhorn(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
PDP always trying to divide Nigerians with tribal and religious propaganda.

As much as Osinbajo is a Problem, Buhari is not just a huge challenge and an headache, he is an indefeatable battle. Sorry GEJ
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Nutase: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Na only who God give head fit wear cap.... d winner has already been ordained by God and only His will will come to pass.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by zimoni(f): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Otueke Lo Sure Ju.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by mumumugu(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
It is normal for phd holders to fear professors
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
definitely , Mr president you know what you are doing for you to know that
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by egift(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Nexxy007: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
so?
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by raumdeuter: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians

Oyedepo is treading dangerous ground. I hope its God who is revealing all these to him

The welfare of Nigeria under Jonathan is inconsequential to him, rather its Jonathans reelection thats more important

Thats all I have to say

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by siraj1402(m): 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
If this is true Nigerians will really fight Bishop Oyedepo seriously. Honestly A ma ba Bishop Oyedepo ja gaan ni.Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by Dannyset(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
And Bishop Oyedepo is my Role Model ooo. Why is he not embracing CHANGE like me na? Well, we will see to that after we hav won.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by jorlons(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
k
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by jaytee01(m): 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dannyset:
And Bishop Oyedepo is my Role Model ooo. Why is he not embracing CHANGE like me na? Well, we will see to that after we hav won.
Unfortunately he is more interested in his bank balance to worry about you. The present state of affairs suits him just fine
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by HzRF(m): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dannyset:
Ruffled by the momentum generated by the nomination of Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as General Mohamadu Buhari's running mate, President Goodluck Jonathan is asking a group of Pentecostal pastors to help him avert what he fears could be an impending loss in next month's presidential polls.

Osinbajo, a prominent cleric with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, law professor and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN emerged APC's presidential running mate last month giving President Jonathan and the ruling party, PDP, what is being described as sleepless nights, by sources.

Specifically last Thursday, the President held a meeting in Abuja, with a number of Pentecostal pastors led by Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, with the main agenda being how to fashion out ways to solve the "Osinbajo" problem.

Sources at the meeting confirmed that President Jonathan confessed in a rather rattled and humbling manner that "Osinbajo is my problem."

According to those at the meeting, the President added that "everything was okay until APC picked Osinbajo."

This is coming against the background of wild speculations that APC is an Islamist party and that General Buhari is a religious fundamentalist-which has become one of the main planks of the PDP presidential campaign. While PDP chieftains and supporters have continued to characterize APC as an Islamist party, APC leaders have consistently dismissed such as unfounded, baseless and a scare tactic by the PDP.

Many observers say the nomination of a prominent Pentecostal pastor from the fastest growing church in Africa by the APC may have effectively doused such speculations and the attempt to label the party as one with an islamization agenda.

There has been a rather conscious attempt to make next month's presidential polls a religious one especially in the Southern part of the country where there is a much larger Christian population, observers say.

At the meeting organized by the Executive Secretary of the National Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) John Kennedy Okpara, President Jonathan poured out his mind that running against a leading Pastor of the RCCG, who is also known to be very close to the much reverred General Overseer of the church, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, is an uphill task.

Sources at the meeting, said Jonathan was ruffled and much distracted as he confessed to the challenge to him, of the APC naming such a person as Osinbajo as General Buhari's running mate.

Before the meeting with the President, sources said the pastors held a meeting on the same day to strategize and agree on how and what they would present  to the president.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians. 

While some of the pastors were shocked and disappointed that Bishop Oyedepo would not allow them to raise important issues bothering most Nigerians, they decided to keep silent not to be seen as spoilsports.

And later after meeting the president, the pastors gathered together again on the same day to device strategies they will use to campaign against Buhari/Osinbajo, with the main scheme being to label the ticket as an Islamist one.

Some of the pastors also suggested that they can influence Christians that the position of Vice President is not an effective one, and that having a Christian hold it makes no difference, although the Nigerian constitution and the order of precedence makes the office the next in rank to the president.

Indeed as if carrying out the resolve, members of the Winners Chapel said Bishop Oyedepo has already started using the pulpit to achieve the goals set out at last Thursday meeting in Abuja.

Some of the members said yesterday Sunday January 18, Bishop Oyedepo raised a prayer point that an Islamist would not become the President of Nigeria in the polls coming next month to the chagrin of many of the church attendants on Sunday.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/19/“osinbajo-my-problem”-president-jonathan-cries-out-secret-meeting-pentecostal-pastors

Pls if this link is not going u can check on Sahara Reporters FB time line to confirm.
This is so cheap

I beg Cook another

If u like go pick 2nd VP from winners

U go cry
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem: President Jonathan Cries Out. by johnmartus(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
i don't know what i can say concerning this matter it could have be a someone else but 95% of nigerian wouldn't comply with jonathan leadership bishop oyedepo may God almighty forgive you

(1) (Reply)

Shoki Master, Lil Kesh Buy Him Self New Ride (photos) / Oh Dear! See Alleged Photo Of Two Honourable Lawmakers fighting / Breaking: Lamido Under Pressure To Damage Buhari’s Image.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.