Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari (64761 Views)

Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by sharpden: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari said on Friday that the performance of Acting President Yemi Osinbajo while he was away, was buoyed by his youthfulness and intellectual capacity.

The president, however, said of himself that he has age and military background going for him.

Mr. Buhari made these observations when he received political leaders in the State House shortly after he returned to Nigeria from medical vacation on Friday.
The president departed for London on January 19, in a trip that was initially announced as annual vacation but which later turned out to be an extended medical vacation.

The president handed over to Mr. Osinbajo, who has been acting president for the past 50 days.

Mr. Osinbajo’s capacity had seen him swear in a new Chief Justice of Nigeria, sign seven bills into law, criss-cross the restive Niger-Delta to appease the oil-producing communities, amongst other critical national assignments.

The vice president’s pace of action was commended by several Nigerians, prompting many to suggest that he should continue playing the major roles in the government.

“Youth and intellect is squarely behind him,” Mr. Buhari said while commending the work done by Mr. Osinbajo. “Continue to do the work, Nigeria will continue whether we are here or not.”

Mr. Buhari said he has his age and experience but strongly encouraged the vice president to step up activities in critical sectors of the country.

“Age and purely military experience is behind me,” he said. “ And my single most important advice is for you to take education of everybody under you very seriously.”
“We must do more on education.”

Mr. Osinbajo, in his response, acknowledged there were challenges but appreciated the trust his principal reposed in him, quipping that he found going around in borrowed robes most enchanting.

“I must say that it has been an interesting period going around the nation maybe in borrowed robes,” the acting president said. ” I must say I had a very interesting and challenging time but above all, the president gave us the good support.”

A statement from the State House said Mr. Buhari will officially write to the National Assembly to notify senators of his intention to reassume his opposition as president.

A civic group, CISLAC, had earlier commended the president for asking Mr. Osinbajo to act as president while he recovered.

In a statement by Auwal Rafsanjani, its executive director, CISLAC said the president’s personal acknowledgement of his health crisis and delegation of presidential powers to his vice president were unprecedented.

“We consider this decision very patriotic, confirming the president as a statesman and leader who places national interest above personal interests and does not possess the sit-tight mentality typical of many leaders on the continent,” the group said.
[NAN]

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/03/why-osinbajo-is-performing-well-buhari/

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Etzakoos(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Osinbajo Turn Up Sneh

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Qmerit(m): 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by shukuokukobambi: 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
Yeah i heard it live on the AIT news program. This quote below really struck me

“Youth and intellect is squarely behind him,” Mr. Buhari said while commending the work done by Mr. Osinbajo. “Continue to do the work, Nigeria will continue whether we are here or not.”

It explained why Buhari was never offended that Idiagbon took all the glory in 1984 and why the praises heaped on Osinbajo now will not get to him. Buhari doesn't mind who takes the glory as long as the work is done. Also his self deprecating and humble remarks about his health and himself generally show say the baba never learn politics well. Politicians are never candid about their shortcomings grin

Anyway, let the ship of state continue. That's what concerns the masses cool

441 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by flyover30(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
why did he contest for presidency if he knew his health was failing him

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by digoster(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Here he goes againgrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by 989900: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Simpletons always look for faults by default.

OTOH, the relationship between the President's family and his vice's, is some very good example.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by 0rlando0woh: 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
Osinbajo is a youth only by Nigerian standards.
What a shame

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by sharpden: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lalasticlala how far?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by 0rlando0woh: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Osinbajo is a youth only by Nigerian standards.
What a shame

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
buhari u have failed Nigeria twice

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by senboy204(m): 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nice words coming from Mr President, am impressed.
Politics is not a do or die affair.
I guess it true that " with age comes wisdom"

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by saintvc(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
in summary,he is old enough to rule. No Democratic experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Nightshift(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hate him or love him, one thing is quite clear about President Buhari - he loves Nigeria and wants this country to succeed. His patriotism is like the kind shown by former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who did everything he could to have a united Germany.

I personally wish Mr President and his Vice a big success in turning Nigeria around.

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

It explained why Buhari was never offended that Idiagbon took all the glory in 1984 and why the praises heaped on Osinbajo now will not get to him. Buhari doesn't mind who takes the glory as long as the work is done. Also his self deprecating and humble remarks about his health and himself generally show say the baba never learn politics well. Politicians are never candid about their shortcomings grin

That man should resign for the sake of his kids

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Tazdroid(m): 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Respect is due to whom it is given

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by XerXers: 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Story Story, all hail the "ceremonial president"

23 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by shukuokukobambi: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
XerXers:

Story Story, all hail the "ceremonial president"

Who is the ceremonial president abeg? Buhari or Osinbajo?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by shukuokukobambi: 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

That man should resign for the sake of his kids

cheesy cheesy Don't worry. He has 2 years to go till 2019. I'm sure you'll accumulate enough votes to push him out by then

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by tollyboy5(m): 12:22am On Mar 11, 2017
iM impressed with this cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Adiola(f): 12:41am On Mar 11, 2017
osibanjo watch your back oooo I smell envy this is no compliment oooo Fulani and compliment haba be careful ooo

10 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by TimeManager(m): 1:51am On Mar 11, 2017
Baba is down to earth to a fault..
Kiss the truth!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by mykelmeezy: 2:09am On Mar 11, 2017
how to rule the blackman 101

drag him 500km backwards under hot sun
and take him 5km forward in an ac vehicle

n they will celebrate you
for improving their condition

youths where art thou

sai good governance

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Caseless: 3:29am On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Buhari has never played politics with anything that concerns Nigeria-he's a nationalist. I think buhari's greatest problem is , he's too truthful to be president of Nigeria. You must lie to survive as a president in Nigeria.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by GetUmad: 4:23am On Mar 11, 2017
Everyone has got excuse to give for their failure no matter how ridiculous it is............... Sanni Abacha 1987

4 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by bosco2017: 4:40am On Mar 11, 2017
Nightshift:
Hate him or love him, one thing is quite clear about President Buhari - he loves Nigeria and wants this country to succeed. His patriotism is like the kind shown by former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who did everything he could to have a united Germany.

I personally wish Mr President and his Vice a big success in turning Nigeria around.

Which president that does not like the country he is ruling . But alas Buhuri got in there.for the love he has for the north based on his actions and appointments so far . He kills his own citizens.

11 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by dannytoe(m): 5:33am On Mar 11, 2017
Because his a professor of law
Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by EnkayDezign: 6:07am On Mar 11, 2017
Caseless:
Buhari has never played politics with anything that concerns Nigeria-he's a nationalist. I think buhari's greatest problem is , he's too truthful to be president of Nigeria. You must lie to survive as a president in Nigeria.

And what have we gotten from lying presidents so far ? nothing praiseworthy

8 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 11, 2017
989900:
Simpletons always look for faults by default.

OTOH, the relationship between the President's family and his vice's, is some very good example.
Why do i have a feeling that you might be a certain Charles whom i know in a certain place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Inani(m): 6:31am On Mar 11, 2017
Osibanjo to take over by 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by Wantedmiller: 6:40am On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=sharpden post=54470478]

This part made me shed tears.

11 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari by laribari(m): 6:46am On Mar 11, 2017
Nightshift:

Bro, me na strong buhari supporter before but I l faith in him. I haven't seen any reason to applaud him. People mock us in my office for carrying pmb matter for head during elections.

The only hope I see na Osibanjo but now baba don come back.. embarassed cry
Thank God he didn't die but could have had further rest.

I hope those that advised him to abandon treatment and come back knows the health implication.

Me nor happy oo, this man hasn't done jark and dollar will raise again soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Doctors & Aides In Tug Of War Over His Possible Return Tomorrow - SR / President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.