Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (62219 Views)

Man Dies Having Sex With 4 Ladies In Lagos / Is It Ok For Ladies To Carry Condoms In Their Bags? / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
LadyX:
Hope you got it
No, that email has being deactivated!!
I sent u anoda one from my alternate moniker!!
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by LadyX(f): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
I saw it and responded.
Did you see the address I posted then deleted?
Newkidoo:

No, that email has being deactivated!!
I sent u anoda one from my alternate moniker!!
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
LadyX:
I saw it and responded.
Did you see the address I posted then deleted?
No!! cry
Post it again pls kiss
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
major466:
There are many self defense techniques can ladies can use.

Note: All techniques are effective but not all techniques work for all women for self defense.

I will share more techniques soon...
Please tag me when you do. I have a lot to share too.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by LadyX(f): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
Newkidoo:

No!! cry
Post it again pls kiss
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by LadyX(f): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Got it?

Newkidoo:

No!! cry
Post it again pls kiss
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
LadyX:

wink
Thanks cool
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by LadyX(f): 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
Welcome
Newkidoo:

Thanks cool
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
LadyX:
Welcome
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by fecosequence(m): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ivyluvie2:
I feel like walking up to a guy,and just display this,it will be real fun.lolz
how long have u visitd the hospital..try ds u wont b far frm bein admited...anyway no harm in trial
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by satowind(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lisaflex:

Won't even gv d dude tym 2 react..Its not abt power bt technique
Haha I can see u hv been bought.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
laykorn:

Please tag me when you do. I have a lot to share too.
Ayamlaykorn
Alright.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
chiogoezubem:

Ha! He had better be gentle, loving and caring as required.

On the other hand, the jab practices are just for my protection. You never can tell with some bad elements all over the place. Fyn babes like me have to have some surprises up their sleeves, u know...
cool grin
Damm I like your confidence O! Girls gotta be prepared. smiley
Am beginning to pity anyone that may want to look for your trouble in future grin grin grin

Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
NOTE: The BEST self defense is Awareness

1. Look where you're going. Check out the gas station, ATM, 7-Eleven etc. before you pull up/go in so you don't become part of a stickup in progress.

2. Wake up. Turn off your iPod/iPhone etc. when out in public. Don't jog with earphones.

3. Maintain a Personal Comfort Zone. No stranger or hostile relation is allowed to get closer than 5 feet to you without vetting or permission. Period. If they do, attack the attacker [Brad Steiner]. Practice a relaxed, non-threatening listening stance you can explode from (see the "Jack Benny stance" in our books How to Fight For Your Life and Attack Proof and the Companion Part 1 DVD.

4. Walk wide around building corners. Don't get jumped.

5. React. Practice a high speed flinch response in the event you're surprised by a sound, movement or touch (see the "Fright Reaction" in the above resources).

6. Watch your drink. Someone could slip a knock out drug in your cocktail. Typical abduction/rape/murder ruse.

7. No stranger gets in your house. Ever. Even if it's a little girl screaming to use your phone to call her daddy because her mommy's lying in the road bleeding to death. Call 911 for her. Otherwise, you open the door and 3 mutants rush in and a horrific home invasion begins.

8. Flat tire in a bad neighborhood? Drive on your rims. New wheels are a small price to pay for avoiding a violent car jacking.

9. People give you a bad feeling as you walk down a street? Do you: Make eye contact? Don't make eye contact? Look assertive? Reach for your gun? Walk down a different street.

10. You're being mugged for your money. Don't fish around in your purse/wallet for bills. Be cooperative. Give them your whole wallet (prepare a separate "mugging" wallet with a few dollars). But...

11. Never go to crime scene #2. If all they want is money, fine. But if they want to take you somewhere, make your stand and fight for your life, right now. You stand a better chance of surviving. If you go with them, statistics say will you not escape or be rescued. You will probably die or be so f'd up you'll wish you had died.

For more info: http://attackproof.com/10-best-self-defense-tips.html

Cc: laykorn, DeCritique, chiogoezubem, Gemc3,geelord, hardbody, skyprofm, hismond, tochimas, link2jude,MadCow1, bobchigar, braindamage, XKZ, Bluffy, MrCork, Zohan, Newkidoo, InvertedHammer, CoColav, Lisaflex, MrDojo, deuce7, omari88, spidermon, thirty1, Gorgeous58, LadyX, SleekShady, Melomelo, Edusouls, onyiido, Creamish, DaBuLLIT, tolutweety, Dolypson04, chazzyboy, 100Cents, Criuze, satowind, CityNG, elantraceey, yugosng, eedriyz, cybrninja, danla44.

Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Anyone who's an martial artist here? We need more info about self defense in Martial arts.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by twerkjack: 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
Newkidoo:

I surrender but can you do something for me
YEA ANYTHIN FOR U grin
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
laykorn:
As a martial artist I can tell you that these are steps that work 100 percent, but the shock from reality will never let most Nigerian woman do this. I think we should never forget to tell them to first scream before anything else. It really helps too. And, my own daughter will never clock 18 without a black-belt in at least one deadly art. Karate maybe. Every woman needs it, more than men.
Ayamlaykorn

You practice which of the arts exactly?
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
dabriggs:

You practice which of the arts exactly?
Kukkiwon Taekwondo and MMA.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
cpdapz:
How does this work against a gang of muscled men? kARATE kE, you better b careful?

Targeted attacks.

Especially to the balls/groin, the throat, the eyes, the chin, the side of the head (ears) etc.

These are soft tissues. Muscular build will hardly do any good if you are attacked at those points.

Of course the best form of self defense is awareness about your environment and avoiding confrontation.

If you see a dark short-cut and a well lit longer and open route, please take the well lit route. That is common sense art.

Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
laykorn:

Kukkiwon Taekwondo and MMA.
Ayamlaykorn

Cool. Excellent footwork, good punches combined with grapple and throw capabilites.

As for me Shotokan Karate. Started in Uniport in 1999. Latter added on Judo for NUGA Games purposes.

Still practiced Karate in Lagos at the national stadium till I left last September. Currently with a Kyukushin club here in Toulouse.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Krasid(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
How many ladies possess the confidence to make such moves?
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by 9inches(m): 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
dabriggs:

Cool. Excellent footwork, good punches combined with grapple and throw capabilites.

As for me Shotokan Karate. Started in Uniport in 1999. Latter added on Judo for NUGA Games purposes.

Still practiced Karate in Lagos at the national stadium till I left last September. Currently with a Kyukushin club here in Toulouse.
Wow! Sensei cheesy
I started classes in MMA in 2005. Took TAEKWONDO because of games. I didn't want to be in MMA games. Lol

Took some judo too with an OAU alumni coach: Hassan Mustapha. I still remember some names. Lol
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Eljay24(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Self defence for ladies 101

Pluck you finger nails in their eyes,
Then run for ya life grin
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
twerkjack:
YEA ANYTHIN FOR U grin
You mean anything!! Anything at all wink tongue
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by Newkidoo(m): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
dabriggs:

Targeted attacks.

Especially to the balls/groin, the throat, the eyes, the chin, the side of the head (ears) etc.

These are soft tissues. Muscular build will hardly do any good if you are attacked at those points.

Of course the best form of self defense is awareness about your environment and avoiding confrontation.

If you see a dark short-cut and a well lit longer and open route, please take the well lit route. That is common sense art.
Well said.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Krasid:
There are ladies who can. Just that they lack adequate information about self defense techniques.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
9inches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5p3kCUn5Gc
Now that's what we're talking about. Please we need more of this videos here.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by major466(m): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=15pt]Grandma defended Herself Against A Robber! [/size]
IT was her "Crocodile Dundee" moment.

A Mackay grandmother has stood her ground, using a wooden bat to defend her business against a would-be armed robber wielding a knife.

About 5.45 last night, a man wearing a hooded jumper approached Nola Harris, who owns the Lucky 7 store on the corner of Juliet and Evan St South Mackay with her son.

"I said can I help you and he said yes, give me your money," Ms Harris said.
The man then produced a blade that was "a little bigger than a steak knife".

But Ms Harris refused, instead pulling out a "fish donga" - a wooden bat used to clean the ice from freezers.

"He said (expletive) you then took off," Ms Harris said.

Police then attended the scene, and have issued a media release calling for witnesses.
The man, described as Caucasian in appearance, with a slim build and is 160cm tall, was caught on the store's CCTV cameras.
Source: http://m.dailymercury.com.au/news/grandma-stands-her-ground-against-armed-robber/1969390/

If this Grandma can defend herself, so can you. smiley
Be safe. Be security Concious.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by 2rez: 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Krasid:
Nice question bro. I just dey imagine say a babe try am, she con fumble, chei. Dem go beat her lik a wrecking ball ehn. Chop igbati oloyi, her eyes go dey twinkle. Una babes, tha best defense na to scream n tear run til u tire.
Re: Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. by tr3y(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
LadyX:
grin Bring your hand

I have already offered my hand, all you have to do is take it and everything is gonna be alright. wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Desperate For A Husband. / Nigerian Lady Gushes Over Her Trump-Like Oyinbo Hubby, As He Grabs Her Butt / Even With My Kingsize Cassava, You Stayed Back - Nigerian Designer Tells Fiancee