Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority (16865 Views)

Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed / Photo Speak: Aisha Buhari Visited Qatar Not USA- Pics / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by CreditAlert: 7:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Before Americans can help us. They want to see how well we have helped ourselves. No Boko Haram sponspor prosecuted, no committment on our part yet we want help!

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Greyworld: 7:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Dat sounds so so racial.......racist, black africa n white Africa. Hw are we sure d US av notin 2do wif dis boko haram insurgency, I rily don't trust em.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ademoladeji(m): 7:49am On Jan 20, 2015
It's bcoz the government is w/o drive to fight insurgency
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by duni04(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
He's retired so his views don't represent the official US government position. This therefore shouldnt be news undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by hotgunz(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Why will it be dere priority, Nigeria s black US don't care bout black....
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by vincencior(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
All thanks to clueless administration that could not live up to its responsibility to protect its citizens.

USA don't give a damn neither is our President and at d same time "America does not know" abt BH.

May God deliver us from this calamity.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by GP15: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2015
African leaders should start accepting reponsibility and show leadership quality. They are bunch of corrupt and power greedy people. When BH has not been a piority to the leaders of the affected countries while should it be to the US.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:53am On Jan 20, 2015
Americans are indirectly teaching us...'Do it yourself'! If you beg someone for help and the person does u 'shakara', d best way to get over it is to work hard to earn the persons respect!

In the medieval era, the world powers were the english, french and spanish...EVEN America was a land of slaves then! But what's the case nowundecidedundecided...Only a fool would see the action of America in these case as wickedness!

America CAN'T help everyone @ d same time! They have to go for the strongest alliance...and Naija isn't Amongst them..even in Africa as the Army chief said...

Let's go and package ourselvz well..take China for eg, everyone NOW wants to associate themselves with them..48 laws of power stated that...'Avoid the unlucky and unhappy'..cos they can also infiltrate u with their problems...everyone likes to mingle with a success!

That's why we have to join hands and collectively kick out GEJ come FeBuhari 14...haven't u noticed to his tenure had made Nigeria lost respect amongst d comity of Nations! We Never suffered dis disgrace under OBJ...

GEJ is an irresponsible leader EOD!!! angryangryangry

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by gratiaeo(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2015
Almajiri mentality
[s][b]
Damalex4luv:
Jonathan inherited 774 LGA, today he has ceded 30 to General Shakau of Boko-haram. Jonathan inherited 23 PDP Governors but he ceded 5 to opposition APC. Jonathan inherited 4000 megawatts of electricity but we are now left with 2500 megawatts with obnoxious tariff from PHCN. Jonathan inherited 2.4 million barrel quota from OPEC but he ceded 1 million barrels to smugglers. Jonathan inherited a naira value of 155 to dollar but naira is now traded at 185. Jonathan inherited 30% unemployment but he has doubled it to 55%. Jonathan inherited positive AAA rating bond but JPMORGAN has rated our bond negative. Jonathan inherited a surviving stock market but he killed the stock market. Jonathan inherited 10% duty on tokumbo cars but he increased it to 70%. Jonathan inherited chibokgirls but he lost them to Shakau. Jonathan inherited a rag tag boko Haram he is leaving behind a sophisticated and daring BH. Jonathan inherited a booming economy but doom is what he is about to handover. To worse it off, Jonathan is promoting STEALING against our moral and societal upbringing. What then is safe under Jonathan? ?? Absolutely Nothing! !! Dear Jonathan, I can't afford more losses! !! Enough is enough! !! Changiiiiiii! !!! Changiiiiiii! !! Changiiiiiii! !!! FeBuhari is the month. Buharism is the spirit. Sai Buhari![/b]
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Excellentmind: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2015
At least is clear to all those who are still in doubt that US is a friend of Nigeria in Pretence.

Thanks to CNN for this eye opening interview.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by easy4beno(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2015
Well, I believe this should not be a sudden news or something new to Nigerians..the USA don't feel threatened hearing Boko haram because America is not Nigeria's friend right from time, so in other words, they are either happy or indifferent about the situation, the only favour they grant you comes with their personal interest, and if that interest isn't there, forget it..I would say America is like Satan, you know when you approach satan for a favour, he would gladly give you a well polished and packaged one at that, and trust me he would come back seeking 10 from you and you dare not put him on hold..

Another reason I feel USA may not show interest is because they have not yet seen the zeal and serious commitment to fight BH from Nigeria, as far as they are concerned Nigeria is okay and can manage the killings which can be deduced from the body language mr president sends to the whole world, and who does that if its not GEJ. They say in yoruba omo to ba ma je ashamu..kekere lo ti maa maa jenu samu samu..ok for you guys that decipher that, it means a child that would be very SHARP and proactive in future, it is right from being an infant that he would have been chewing and eating food like he's being chased..you guys needed to watch the way France fought tirelessly with the terrorists the day they were killed, I watched the whole long hours events on CNN live, they soldiers, policemen, swat teams, press crews were on standby after tracing and cramping the terrorists to a point of no escape..all over the world, everyone was watching and they would not let it go till they got to the roots of it, you guys know the eventual conclusion of the whole event, so technically it will be unwise for any president not to associate himself with such high spirited fight and resilience by the brave law enforcers and country as a whole, even our GEJ too also attached himself to the event.

Terrorism like that of BH is not what our president will fold hands at his back and just address as one of those issues and tell us every country in the world is facing same and also have our first lady come on air to shed what I call disgraceful tears..it must be fought ruthlessly and with utmost sincere and aggressive determination, and the whole country should be carried along on live updates and events..that way in no time we will get maximum results and discover better intelligence and also ways and how to improve..if this can be achieved, trust me the whole world would offer help in ways they can, its just about standing alone and letting them know we don't need them, trust me it will be a time for them to have a rethink..and gladly offer to help.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by kay1one(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Jonathan inherited 774 LGA, today he has ceded 30 to General Shakau of Boko-haram. Jonathan inherited 23 PDP Governors but he ceded 5 to opposition APC. Jonathan inherited 4000 megawatts of electricity but we are now left with 2500 megawatts with obnoxious tariff from PHCN. Jonathan inherited 2.4 million barrel quota from OPEC but he ceded 1 million barrels to smugglers. Jonathan inherited a naira value of 155 to dollar but naira is now traded at 185. Jonathan inherited 30% unemployment but he has doubled it to 55%. Jonathan inherited positive AAA rating bond but JPMORGAN has rated our bond negative. Jonathan inherited a surviving stock market but he killed the stock market. Jonathan inherited 10% duty on tokumbo cars but he increased it to 70%. Jonathan inherited chibokgirls but he lost them to Shakau. Jonathan inherited a rag tag boko Haram he is leaving behind a sophisticated and daring BH. Jonathan inherited a booming economy but doom is what he is about to handover. To worse it off, Jonathan is promoting STEALING against our moral and societal upbringing. What then is safe under Jonathan? ?? Absolutely Nothing! !! Dear Jonathan, I can't afford more losses! !! Enough is enough! !! Changiiiiiii! !!! Changiiiiiii! !! Changiiiiiii! !!! FeBuhari is the month. Buharism is the spirit. Sai Buhari!

That certificate issue ehn....!

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by papaejima1: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2015
When I said this some people said I was blaming the US for our problems.

It is clear now. It is not a priority and still they sent in drones to surveil northern Nigeria and BH activities?

Keep deceiving yourselves!
The US knows fully well what it is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by bighuntenter: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2015
This should be a wake up call to all leaders in Africa and in particular, Nigeria. We should all unite with one mind and face our problems headlog and see if we would not win. Evil will not and should not win here. Our destiny is in our hands.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by eaglechild: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2015
Dammytrager:
When it is nt even our Government priority, they are busy campaigning for election, so Y shd it now be America's Priority?
That is the problem oh.

Buhari said that a fight against Boko Haram is a fight against his brothers.

Do you want the US to fight your brothers?
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by eaglechild: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2015
vincencior:
All thanks to clueless administration that could not live up to its responsibility to protect its citizens.

USA don't give a damn neither is our President and at d same time "America does not know" abt BH.

May God deliver us from this calamity.
All thanks to Buhari who said Boko Haram are his brothers.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2015
Greyworld:
Dat sounds so so racial.......racist, black africa n white Africa. Hw are we sure d US av notin 2do wif dis boko haram insurgency, I rily don't trust em.

Sigh.

Must America be responsible for everything wrong in Nigeria?

Nigerians caused this Boko thing...and Nigerians must fix it. No more excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 20, 2015
hotgunz:
Why will it be dere priority, Nigeria s black US don't care bout black....

So if US sent in the troops....they would be suddenly Not Racist?

Nigerians created this Boko problem....Nigerians must fix it.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Xymc1(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2015
white Africa, Black Africa? mehn that is soo f**king racist..... Why isn't this guy banned from something? or better still #Arrested
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by BonaVIta(m): 8:07am On Jan 20, 2015
To some I may sound indifferent, but honestly speaking I like the way things are turning out for Africa.

I strongly believe Africans, Nigeria in particular will develop into wht they call Advanced Countries.

But this won't be possible if they keep spoon feeding and exploiting us as if we can't even think.

You discover your potentials when pushed very hard to the wall as they are doing.

If had given us Zmapp, would it had been possible for us to develop our vaccine and throw out Ebola without their hypocritic intervention? NO.

So rather than frown that a fellow human being says my problems aren't his, which infact shouldn't be. I feel challenged, I look beyond all barriers and strive to contribute to the development and advancement of my country using even the hidden talents I wouldn't hv been able to throw out into reality if I hadn't been challenged.

Nigerians are great, hard working, talented, full of awesome potentials.

That's why we make waves in their countries educationally and otherwise. We just need to look inward more and develop our technology.

We shall someday show them the way.

God bless Nigeria. God bless Africa. God bless the unique black race. One love.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by eaglechild: 8:07am On Jan 20, 2015
The US says Boko Haram is not a priority because they do not see Boko Haram as a direct threat to the US homeland.

This further buttresses the suspicion that it started as a local breed of fighters probably groomed by the northern elites to usurp power with full support of Buhari who calls them brothers.

The question is does it have the capabilities to annex with the other terror groups in the middle east if it has not done so already.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by poseidon12: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2015
orbis:
Northern Nigeria doesn't have oil so what do you expect. ..

Pls be informed that there is oil in the north. It's just that commercial drilling has not yet started. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by jantavanta(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2015
Why should BH be USA's problem? BH is caused by lack of Cultural Independence. Nigeria does not need external help to to stop importing Gods of Mass Destruction.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ormios234: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2015
The reason is clear. There are lot fewer western companies getting contracts in Nigeria. That is why it hurts even more when local contractors can't do standard jobs because of greed. More over peace in West Africa, the highest supplier of foot soldiers for war is no more important and never will as there are now drones that can do the job even more effectively, so we can kill ourselves and reduce black dominance.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by iamord(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2015
Huge shame on our side.. Black people. .. Continue sleeping sad

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by hotgunz(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

So if US sent in the troops....they would be suddenly Not Racist?

Nigerians created this Boko problem....Nigerians must fix it.
so u mean US created the ISIS, so wat re d doin in Iraqi?
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by iamord(m): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2015
jantavanta:
Why should BH be USA's problem? BH is caused by lack of Cultural Independence. Nigeria does not need external help to to stop importing Gods of Mass Destruction.
another point
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by marjson(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2015
Bsc:
That man is talking rubbish ...he left active service 30yrs ago..that's what's up...

Do u really have a BSC? Nah, I don't think so because u did not read but what you just commented on. SMHFU.

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by sweetgala(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2015
It has gone viral ; abeg where is the video
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by iamord(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2015
Xymc1:
white Africa, Black Africa? mehn that is soo f**king racist..... Why isn't this guy banned from something? or better still #Arrested
does being arrested satisfy you There is a much bigger picture.. Which shows the elites grand plan has remained the same right from the slavery days. But black people just don't listen. and choose to remain ignorant.. There are a lot of threads brought up .. Emphasizing the emancipation of the black race.. They don't make fp.. If it gets to friday or sunday ..all you see is rubbish that would not move people forward. That's what they cling to
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by dre11(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Dammytrager:
When it is nt even our Government priority, they are busy campaigning for election, so Y shd it now be America's Priority?

1000 Likes for that your post

•How do you expect a foreign country to be so concern about what happening in your country when the leaders seems not to care
•When all we hear are promises and not implementation of the promise
•When they know the kind of corruption that is going on with the prosecution of the war
•When the president says his government have being infuriated by this boko haram sponsor but they aren't investigated and brought to justice
•When no one shows care but only take like a person that did care

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LGA Officials Protest Against Dino Melaye In Kogi / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Global Leaders Of Peace Group In Paris (Photos) / Early Morning Fire At Federal Ministry Of Finance, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.