Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority (16866 Views)

Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed / Photo Speak: Aisha Buhari Visited Qatar Not USA- Pics / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by iamord(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2015
vincencior:
All thanks to clueless administration that could not live up to its responsibility to protect its citizens.

USA don't give a damn neither is our President and at d same time "America does not know" abt BH.

May God deliver us from this calamity.
God will not deliver anyone! OYO
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ARKdiscloser7(m): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2015
EX? his comments are not relevant. He belongs to the past US not the current.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by FOLLOWJESUS: 8:43am On Jan 20, 2015
Nigeria is not friend of any nation,apart from the fact that Americas rasist atitude towards blacks is very much alarming,they extraordinerily hate nigeria and never want us to suvive as a nation,who knows those who are sponsoring boko haram, consider the mans statement he said if it is other white African countries it will be a priority to America but once is Black is not a piority imagine this kind of hate statement. To hell with there help,I love what is hapening so that Nigeria will know those who are his friends, without America we can survive they are not GOD.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Greyworld: 8:56am On Jan 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Sigh.

Must America be responsible for everything wrong in Nigeria?

Nigerians caused this Boko thing...and Nigerians must fix it. No more excuses.

Not evry tin, just dis 1.......

Again hw are we sure?

I believe yu rily dont knw much abt d US n deir involvement in orda nations.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Abbey2sam(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2015
Why should this come as a shock to anybody...

America has no friends where they stand to gain nothing
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by MadCow1: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2015
teemanbastos:
Who told you America has friends? Except ISRAEL.. America has no friends.
America only help those they would gain something from.
Remember Ghadafi..ghadafi was a good leader who developed Libya but he didnt allow AMERICA to control their OIL This vexd america xo when the Libyans revolted,America now started supporting the rebels nt bkos they love them but bkos of Libya's oil.
America wants to take total control of Nigeria's Oil.. But we dnt agree (and we must never agree) b4 they can help...

But as I said.. boko haram is more than what we are thinking, it would be interesting when later we get to see things.. Ppu shud see that if its Buhari dat is supporting b'haram..then why is GEJ,GCFR duin nothing? Why? IBB was connected yet ntn was done..
So??
I pity gullible nigerians...No POLITICIAN can be Trusted.

You do realize that America has oil right?

Infact, there current local production is meeting their domestic demands..

And what they lack, allies like the Saudis and the Canadians can meet..

Please stop this conspiracy theory as it is getting old.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by TRADELYN: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2015
mikolo80:
Lack of political will is the ultimate incapability
Hmmm...I get you wella!
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 9:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Thank you. African mentality sucks. Always waiting for others to do what needs to be done.

Nigeria's problems are for Nigerians not Americans. There is no incentive for America to commit to Nigerian not especially how your government use blaming America to distract people attention from all the rubbish they do. Obama has made it clear Nigeria isn't a prior. Has he ever visited the giant of Africa? Didn't goodluck ask for an audience one time back and he refused?

Instead of Nigeria to buckle up and fix their issue, they rather blame America and keep begging.

I still can't get over the reaction on Nairaland when America didn't give zmapp. There were only 20 odd vaccines and Liberia etc had thousands of infected people, yet Nigerians in all their wisdom felt they deserved the vaccines. Greedy selfish bunch who would rather spend their time praying for miracles than working to fix their society.

bushdoc9919:

So America must come and do everything for you?

You Nigerians....instead of being ashamed that you do not have the industrial capability to manufacture weaponry, and the army with the means to develop tactics against a terrorist force....you beg America for help...and when the US says no....you grumble about the CIA plots against Nigeria...and how they are coming for all Africans.

Hey....call me names all day long....but why don't you Nigerians stop complaining about what America is doing and not doing...and instead ask your govt at all levels why they are not working harder for you. Is Obama your president?

That's how some Kenyans were rejoicing when Obama became president in 2008....he will repair their roads. Abi na American presido wey go repair Kenyan roads? Abi Na American president wey go train our Army? Abi na American presido wey go sort out our bad economy, our poverty, etc? Or don't we have brains?

You Nigerians....na oil money wey una wan chop....hard work is foreign to you!

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2015
This has nothing to do with oil and everything to do with Nigerians taking responsibility for their problems.

Nigeria has never been a top oil supplier to America so get your fact right. The bulk of oil to America comes from Canada and the Emirates etc. Nigeria is probably not top 10 so it's not oil. Take responsibility for your issues and stop waiting for America.

The average American doesn't spend his day talking about Nigeria the way you guys go on an on about America.

orbis:
Northern Nigeria doesn't have oil so what do you expect. ..

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2015
Please read. He retired after 30 years of service not 30 years ago.

Besides it has always been clear except in Nigerians minds that you are not a priority to America or any western country to be honest except maybe China and Russia. I know it's hard to take but you guys don't bring much to the table aside from oil which as you know has list value due to over supply.

What else does Nigeria have a competitive edge in? Nothing absolutely nothing. Oh aside commercial pastors

Bsc:
That man is talking rubbish ...he left active service 30yrs ago..that's what's up...

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2015
Does Nigeria show interest for no reason? Any country showing interest in any other country does so for a reason. China showing interest in Nigeria is not because they love you so don't deceive yourself.

olu77:
Must we always be at their mercy? Come to think of it, are we doing well like Libya, Iraq, North Korea and other countries they had to subjugate? U.S doesn't show interest for no reason, they only show intetest when your success becomes a threat to their dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Rainmaker69(m): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Wow! USA should do what USA wants to do but they shouldn't be so racist and dismissive about it.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Eleru gbe erure. Wetin concern agbero wit overload.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
No they never pretended. If Jonathan sits there and thinks America will solve all his problems then he is a big fool. As the president of Nigeria it is his responsibility to solve Nigerians issues and not Obama or America.

Also the writing has been on the wall ever since Obama refused to visit Nigeria but you delusional sitting there begging America. What is in it for them? What do you bring to the tabke aside begging help all the time?

Even Kenya who can claim Obama as their son are not sitting waiting for America. How many times have you heard Kenya begging America for arms, for help etc. When el shebbab attacked the Kenyan president was giving a press conference within minutes on how they would tackle it. Boko garam kidnapped the girls Jonathan said it's a lie.

Excellentmind:
At least is clear to all those who are still in doubt that US is a friend of Nigeria in Pretence.

Thanks to CNN for this eye opening interview.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by killuminati(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2015
As e no be Jonathan priority, how e go be Obama's priority?
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by ttmacoy: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2015
While I agree with the general gist of what you are saying that we need to come together and solve our issues and develop, please get your facts right. We did NOT develop any vaccines except you are referring to nano silver which was an embarrassment for your health minister. And we eradicated ebola thanks to following the guidelines by the US diseases center. I am still peeved about this ebola issue because funds allocated for ebola was diverted to buying cars instead of investing in research. We are still in the same situation should ebola return while the western world are all working on diff vaccines and testing, Africans are focused on prayer and spending money on cars so I support America when they say Nigeria isn't a priority.

As you said when we are pushed to the wall we will rally and do what needs to be done to develop the country though I must say it will be a very long hard road because the African mentality is so wrong. That needs tk.change. The attitude to maintainance needs to change, it's not all a out throwing money at problems and ignoring the underlying issues.

BonaVIta:

If had given us Zmapp, would it had been possible for us to develop our vaccine and throw out Ebola without their hypocritic intervention? NO.

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2015
hotgunz:
so u mean US created the ISIS, so wat re d doin in Iraqi?

?

Nigeria is not in Iraq.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by samxylino(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2015
chronique:
That sums it up. At least,Nigerians know who their friends and true allies are. Those who are putting so much trust and faith in the US to help Nigeria in this war,should smack themselves back to reality. The solution to boko haram must be found in Nigeria cos no serious help would come from the west.

put urself in d position of a u.s soldier deploy to Nigeria... how wud u feel putting or ur life @ risk in a war dats not ur country business....do u fink those soldiers sent to iraq or Afghan war wanna b in DAT hell place....
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by AJOT99(m): 10:48am On Jan 20, 2015
OK oooo

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by sylaz(m): 10:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Of course its not their problem. The west is bothered by attacks that could potentially happen to them not attacks that have a very low potential of happening in the west of this country not to talk of the world. As much as the white world tries to be benevolent and shvt, if the whole sub Saharan Africa blows up 2day,it'll only be to their advantage. More places to settle etc. Until the black man shows that he can be responsible and put the nation first, you may have a relationship with the modern world but you'll never have the respect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Xymc1(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2015
iamord:
does being arrested satisfy you There is a much bigger picture.. Which shows the elites grand plan has remained the same right from the slavery days. But black people just don't listen. and choose to remain ignorant.. There are a lot of threads brought up .. Emphasizing the emancipation of the black race.. They don't make fp.. If it gets to friday or sunday ..all you see is rubbish that would not move people forward. That's what they cling to
I never said i wasnt in support of the emancipation of the black race and all that, just because at this particular point in time I chose to concentrate on the fact that the guy should have been arrested doesnt mean I dont support what you just said. Next time, dont lash out at someone simply because he didnt say what you wanted him to say...

#Peace
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Litmus: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2015
It is a priority or they'd not have sanctioned Nigeria's arms procurement and their media wouldn't be portraying Nigeria like a dictatorship and Cameroon and Chad as exemplary.

The only question is what they are prioritizing- security for life and property or striking a blow for Homosexuality.

Yes, America has become that trite,shallow and immoral.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by jpphilips(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2015
chronique:
That sums it up. At least,Nigerians know who their friends and true allies are. Those who are putting so much trust and faith in the US to help Nigeria in this war,should smack themselves back to reality. The solution to boko haram must be found in Nigeria cos no serious help would come from the west.

When the Nigerian authorities are too incompetent to do a head count, how do you expect a sane country to help?
How many smaller nations have Nigeria helped recently? Ebola in Liberia rings a bell huh!
How many times have the Nigerian people and Nigerian leadership shown gratitude when such help is rendered?
You think America is your House boy? continue voting for nematodes and expect Jesus to help you tackle your security challenges.
Let us help ourselves first with good leadership before we ask for external help.

It is bedazzling that on the opposition desk is a man who have a pedigree of tackling insecurity (from being a retired army general who won the civil war, Chadian invasion and Maitasine) while on the left wing is a man who have allowed insecurity to snowball out of control, leading to loss of countless lives, yet Nigerians are still in doubt who to vote for?

Give Jonathan another 4yrs and most of us will vacate our duplexes to become refugees in UN tents, America is clear, no free meal for dumb Black Africans who cannot elect good leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by jpphilips(m): 11:43am On Jan 20, 2015
Litmus:
It is a priority or they'd not have sanctioned Nigeria's arms procurement and their media wouldn't be portraying Nigeria like a dictatorship and Cameroon and Chad as exemplary.

The only question is what they are prioritizing- security for life and property or striking a blow for Homosexuality.

Yes, America has become that trite,shallow and immoral.

I saw the Chadian soldiers who were drafted to Cameroon on Friday, by Monday, they have freed over 100 Boko hostages, they were not even wearing bullet proof vests let alone carrying any sophisticated arms.
They were on simple Ak47 while some of our special forces have 108 and the Israeli Tavor21 riffles, yet we complain of arms embargo? I dey laugh!!
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by iamord(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2015
Xymc1:

I never said i wasnt in support of the emancipation of the black race and all that, just because at this particular point in time I chose to concentrate on the fact that the guy should have been arrested doesnt mean I dont support what you just said. Next time, dont lash out at someone simply because he didnt say what you wanted him to say...

#Peace
. Sincerely I was not lashing out @ u.. Just added it up to the comment to let my opinion be known to the general public..sorry for The misunderstanding
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by samplegirl(f): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2015
Thank God it is coming from them. Tomorrow some animals will use CNN propaganda interview to discredit the government policies. The man has openly said that BLACK MAN and his troubles are not their business.

1 Like

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Capitano1(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2015
Hmmm but why na, Jona no fit help us ooo

SWEAT TOO MUCH Call now or order now as offer last
http://Konga.com/sweatfree
It's our job to see you dry

Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Curvinus(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
Collynzo9:
The US say it is a regional (West African) problem, some of us in Nigeria also say it is a regional (northern) problem, so no cause for alarm.
The north should clean their shît.

Thank you very much Sir. You couldn't have said this any better. The Northern Governors and leaders should first of all put their houses in order before coming to the limelight to chat some gibberish bollocks.
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
That guy is the most stu.pid man i have ever seen in my entire life.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155117421165051&set=vb.10150126454920051&type=2&theater
Re: Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority by jpphilips(m): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
FOLLOWJESUS:
Nigeria is not friend of any nation,apart from the fact that Americas rasist atitude towards blacks is very much alarming,they extraordinerily hate nigeria and never want us to suvive as a nation,who knows those who are sponsoring boko haram, consider the mans statement he said if it is other white African countries it will be a priority to America but once is Black is not a piority imagine this kind of hate statement. To hell with there help,I love what is hapening so that Nigeria will know those who are his friends, without America we can survive they are not GOD.

Continue deceiving yourself, they Hate black Africa but they love Ghana, go and check the Bilateral agreements Ghana has secured with the US for the last three years, your leaders are irresponsible and the world have decided to make a pariah out of them, it is up to Nigerians to continue in their blind support for this unfortunate leadership or sink with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jubilation As Ugwuanyi Inaugurates Ogbete Market Main Access Road / DSS Raises Alarm Over Planned Attack On Religious, Recreation Centres / How Presidential Candidates’ Wives ‘battle’ For Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.