Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2308695 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 7:38pm On May 02, 2017
good day house
it been a while though
Anyways a friend was aking me if one can pay for an online visa application fee with a diamond bank debit card? if no which bank debit card is accepted
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:33am On May 03, 2017
Hello house!please can someone be kind enough to put me tru with my itinerary?like ,how to write it?cos i intend going to the us from canada,i have a valid us visa, please if possible an agent that can assist me,got other documents down,and again,my statement of account has been running well,do i need the closing balance to have alot of money in it or a total of wht has been goin in and out of d acc!pls can smone assist me in my application! Thirdly,do i nees any tax clearance since ,i have a registerd business, i have my property documents,marriage cert,cac certificate,photocopy of my visas,my daughters birth certificate,pls what elae do i need ,pls can smone help me out!thanks and God bless you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 2:41pm On May 03, 2017
Is the visa officer kidding me?, I have ticked that i was denied visa before. Yet a denial letter came through saying i was not truthful in that section. Please advice cause that is the only reason for the refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 3:33pm On May 03, 2017
Was it just Canada visa you were refused? Maybe they wanted a more detailed explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 4:07pm On May 03, 2017
Fortissimo502:
Was it just Canada visa you were refused? Maybe they wanted a more detailed explanation.

They have my contact information. When i mentioned ETC. The officer can easily ask for explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 4:40pm On May 03, 2017
====> I HAVE BEEN REFUSED CANADA VISA ETC.

What is ETC.?

Why the ETC.?

What are you hiding behind the ETC.?

I think that the VO didn't like that your answer (they are still human and susceptible to prejudice and emotion), it sounds like you were pissed and couldn't bother filling the other countries that rejected you, because you feel its none of their business hence the 'ETC.'. (I just put myself in the VO's shoes and my opinion)

Write to the embassy explaining (if you were rejected only by Canada) that Canada was the only country that rejected your visa application.

nnwanguma:
Is the visa officer kidding me?, I have ticked that i was denied visa before. Yet a denial letter came through saying i was not truthful in that section. Please advice cause that is the only reason for the refusal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 4:43pm On May 03, 2017
No that's not how it works. That's a legal document, what you fill there, is what they work with. But were you not given a letter to explain yourself?

nnwanguma:

They have my contact information. When i mentioned ETC. The officer can easily ask for explanation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 4:51pm On May 03, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
====> I HAVE BEEN REFUSED CANADA VISA ETC.

What is ETC.?

Why the ETC.?

What are you hiding behind the ETC.?

I think that the VO didn't like that your answer (they are still human and susceptible to prejudice and emotion), it sounds like you were pissed and couldn't bother filling the other countries that rejected you, because you feel its none of their business hence the 'ETC.'. (I just put myself in the VO's shoes and my opinion)

Write to the embassy explaining (if you were rejected only by Canada) that Canada was the only country that rejected your visa application.

@KaptainAfrika i get your point. I was not contacted at all until today with a refusal letter, although I wrote the embassy on the 11th of April when i added a document which i did not add during my submission (my tax Clearance) in that letter I told them that USA denied me previously. Well I have written a letter to them with the the form i filled showing that i ticked the 2b section, and also the confirmation of the letter i sent to them clearing the ETC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nnwanguma: 4:53pm On May 03, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
No that's not how it works. That's a legal document, what you fill there, is what they work with. But were you not given a letter to explain yourself?

I submitted all my passport, because there is nothing i was hiding. Well unless they wanted me to explain in details of each refusal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 5:13pm On May 03, 2017
Okay if that's case. Maybe it will be taken into consideration in the next application.

nnwanguma:

@KaptainAfrika i get your point. I was not contacted at all until today with a refusal letter, although I wrote the embassy on the 11th of April when i added a document which i did not add during my submission (my tax Clearance) in that letter I told them that USA denied me previously. Well I have written a letter to them with the the form i filled showing that i ticked the 2b section, and also the confirmation of the letter i sent to them clearing the ETC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 7:54pm On May 03, 2017
But that ETC is major though, the forms are given for details, every detail, and no VO will call or send an email to ask for more details when you could av as well put it all in your application, so to them you weren't truthful. And they must av felt writing about it later was an after thought. My take

nnwanguma:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 9:42am On May 04, 2017
When you are done with your SOP....install TURNITIN...its a software that checks for plagiarism. You will thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 2:05pm On May 04, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
When you are done with your SOP....install TURNITIN...its a software that checks for plagiarism. You will thank me later.
Y u wan cast market for me na.

Expertman, I will do you original something. Just name ya price

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 6:05pm On May 04, 2017
nnwanguma:

What is ETC? You need to mention the countries next time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 7:21pm On May 04, 2017
travelpoint:

What is ETC? You need to mention the countries next time

Etcetera
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 7:40pm On May 04, 2017
nnwanguma:

It was specifically written on their website that all the questions must be completely answered. Infact, they suggested that one should download additional form for the appropriate section, if the space provided can't contain all the necessary declarations that is required. They also said, not totally answering the questions might lead to refusal. "Etc" is definitely very inappropriate and ticked off the vo.

Just reapply, filling the form properly, and then briefly explaining and admitting your mistake in this one. Goodluck to you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 8:44pm On May 04, 2017
Good evening ppl, pls how long does online visit visa take? Weve applied since 23 February and no response yet. Kindly advice!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by theforce(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2017
Good day house,

i'm trying to renew my Canadian visa but my passport is till at the U.K embassy. The VFS didnt allow me submit documents only so i have to upload online.

On the online portal, i can see the TRV form and Family Information form links are active, but there is no link (just text) for other supporting documents. I have used various browsers, i have refreshed lime 20 times.

Any ideas house on how i can surmount this challenge?

Thank you

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 5:20pm On May 06, 2017
gratefularewa:
Hello House i got my passport today and i was given four years multiple entry visa God is amazing
Congratulations!!! Bring me cake and sokolate when coming back o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 06, 2017
vcole:
Hi y'all. My mom's visa was issued and passport collected today. Applied via paper route @ vfs Lagos on March 14th.
amazing! Congrats to her
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 9:10am On May 07, 2017
awelekiti:
amazing! Congrats to her
Hello my wonderful and correct people! so this is my first ever post on this forum though i have been reading for years grin. God is good! With the help of you all and my lovely sis, I finally disvirgined my passport and i got 4 years visa! i'm and stunned and very elated i just had to share my experience here. So This is my first ever application for visa to any country at all ( I have been schooling and working in Naija like forever lol!) I submitted on 9th March and received the visa on 21st April. Document I Submitted alongside my application form and passport are
1.) Invitation Letters
2.) my appointment letter,
3.) confirmation letter
4.) promotion letter,
5.) introduction letter,
6.) Pension statement,
7.) 6months bank statement with a bank reference letter,
8.) 3 months payslips,
9.) photocopies of my company ID, Tax ID, Health Insurance ID,
10.) Death certificate of my Dad
11.) Family photo and personal photo of i and the person i was visiting (to buttress the relationship)
12.) an explicit Letter of explanation(explaining why i had no travel history), also the visa and resident permit document of the person i was visiting.
13.) And some prayers to go with it wink

Truth is just be as honest as you can be and ofcourse bombard them with lots of documents to fill up their time wink

PS: I'm a federal civil servant so maybe that helped in a way too. And yes i applied via paper applications in Abuja (they are just the best!)

Thank you all once more, now time to plan my trip and i will also need your help too! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:25am On May 07, 2017
nnwanguma:

Hi. I am very sorry for your refusal.
First, you might want to apply for GCMS notes to be sure that was the only reason, forget whatever was ticked. It costs just 5CAD
That being said, my opinion is that you forgot the most essential part of the application that the onus is on the applicant to convince the VO that this is a temporary visit and not an immigrant intent. I once had a UK visa refusal just one week before i applied for a canadian visa to attend my sisters convocation. UK refusals, fortunately, are well explained by their VOs unlike the US where the law doesnt permit and you just get a generic blue section 214b form. I mentioned it in my application and attached a copy of the refusal letter in my application and explained why this is not desperation but real reasons for real travels. My application was approved.
You know, its easier for a VO to just deny an application than to be requesting for information you have been already advised to be upfront with. Honesty is very key and expected information not provided could be considered a lie.
Again, please apply for your GCMS notes. Only then can you know the exact reasons for refusal. And write a very detailed statement of purpose paragraphing each sector and explaing honestly. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:34am On May 07, 2017
Graceee:
good day house
it been a while though
Anyways a friend was aking me if one can pay for an online visa application fee with a diamond bank debit card? if no which bank debit card is accepted

Hello, the visa fee last time i checked was 185CAD which is more than 100USD equiv meaning no naira denominated card may be able to help you.
Two options:
Fund a Nigerian dom account and pay with its card or
Confide on someone you trust that has an FCY card to pay for you home or abroad
My bet is on the first option. You dont want complications
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:49am On May 07, 2017
manover:
Today i got a msg from VFS Global that my passport is ready for collection, after the Canada visa section emailed me about misrepresentation on my application.

Though i replied them with a letter about the misrepresentation on the visa application i filled, not stating my immigration history with USA.

Has anybody ever been in this situation and got approve after been sent a replied letter to them about the misrepresentation? Just scared not to ban for 5 years, has they stated on the letter

Dear Manover, i am not sure but this is most likely going to lead to rejection and a ban.
A history with the US is the last thing you want to with hold from canada or any other country. Infact, if you did your application yourself, the US visa is technically the only visa the online visa portal cares to tell an applicant to upload. To clear further, i once, very recently, crossed into the US from Ontario Ca at niagara falls for a few hours by road and the immigration officer only checked and DID NOT stamp my passport or even issue an I94 form(this is an international border). If you get a speed ticket in the US, canada knows about it.
In future, if /when your ban elapses ( even if no ban was issued, give them some time off and go ther places), endeavor to be upfront with information. It is seen as high level of honesty and can clear your name. My opinion always. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:17am On May 07, 2017
AbbeyChristy:
Please urgent response needed. I've travelled to US 3 times on tourist visa, had a child there. The 4th time I was denied entry because I had excess luggage of things to sell and visa cancelled. Now I applied for Canada visa and was refused based on *travel history *. . .what should I do?

Dear Christy. This is a very unfortunate situation, i sincerely empathize with you and i hope you get over or around it soon. My little sister was kept by CBSA, canada's CBP, at Pearson airport for 14 hrs before granting entry because she arrived too early with a study TRV. They verified every single information she gave as to why she came too early and they still didnt issue a study permit. She has to leave after her 'mission' and reenter in due time, they said. Stamped her in for 3weeks.
As Awelekiti pointed out, you have to first get your US visa back. The US and canada are just too cooperative.
First, if your visa was issued in nigeria, it was most likely a B1b2. Business is permitted on this visa. I am however not very sure of the scope of allowed business. im not sure why you were denied entry. How much luggage could it be. I've seen people with very huge bags granted entry.
The baby you had, did you take any government grants? Cos thats a huge problem. Have you paid in full with a zero balance receipt?
If you believe you were treated unfairly in this situation, write the embassy as advised and explain how and why. Best of luck. You need it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:28am On May 07, 2017
successuche2017:
.. Urgent pls. I was refused a USA VISA in the past and am planning on applying for a Canada visa....my questions goes, is there anywhere on Canada TRV form that asks someone to state reason why he/she was refused a USA visa?

Hi successuche2017, the answer is yes. And since you cant know why your US visa was refused due to US immigration laws, state why you think this happened, perhaps from your interview, and explain how you have addressed it in your new application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:52am On May 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:
A lot of intended applicants still believe that if US refuse you a visa Canada will also refuse you. No, it doesn't matter. Infarct somehow it looks more of people with previous US visa refusal do get their Canadian visa than applicants with virgin passport or even with previous visas of other countries plus travel experience. If you're refused US visa and if you honest in your Canadian visa application and explain reasons for your previous refusal in your Sop, i don't see reason why Canada won't approve your visa.

Hi. Im not sure of your point but remember these two countries are very cooperative. If you're denied a visa in any country and the grounds for denial have not been satisfied, another can easily deny based on those grounds.
A friend at work has valid US visas with his family of four, visited twice, applied for a canadian TRV but it was refused. He's still awaiting GCMS notes.
Remember that the US VOs are not even interested in how much you make ( people with less than 100k salaries get visas daily) they depend on the psychological evaluation from answers to their questions in the interview window to predict if an applicant will return.
Whether ever denied or not, the onus is ever on the applicant to prove he'll return home.
You can also have strong ties and not enough money. You cant have NGN500k as balance and plan to go on a vacation that'll cost you over $1500 for 5days assuming you're heading to a cheap city. Its a wholistic approach.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 11:33am On May 07, 2017
hawklan:
Hi everyone,
I intend going to Canada for visit and wish to apply on a tourist visa how do I go about it pls. I currently have a US visa and I have travelled on few occasions what are my chances as I heard if u have a US visa all you need to is a drop box option how true is that.
I appreciate the help and responses

Hi Hawklan. This is absolutely untrue.
Dropbox is only for returning US visa holders and only practiced by the US, to the best of my knowledge. Even canadian visa holders do normal applications to renew their visas.
In as much as these countries are cooperative, their immigration laws differ. To start with, one is non-appearance while the other isnt. Travel history to the US would boost your Canadian application.however, its never a guarantee as people eith rmpty passports get visas always.
My advise to friends always is; evaluate yourself as a VO. Ask yourself questions and if you can convince yourself honestly thats your not immigraying and have enough money, you can get visas easily
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 2:23pm On May 07, 2017
Good Job Jawa.

Please stick around
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 07, 2017
Chelda:
Hello my wonderful and correct people! so this is my first ever post on this forum though i have been reading for years grin. God is good! With the help of you all and my lovely sis, I finally disvirgined my passport and i got 4 years visa! i'm and stunned and very elated i just had to share my experience here. So This is my first ever application for visa to any country at all ( I have been schooling and working in Naija like forever lol!) I submitted on 9th March and received the visa on 21st April. Document I Submitted alongside my application form and passport are
1.) Invitation Letters
2.) my appointment letter,
3.) confirmation letter
4.) promotion letter,
5.) introduction letter,
6.) Pension statement,
7.) 6months bank statement with a bank reference letter,
8.) 3 months payslips,
9.) photocopies of my company ID, Tax ID, Health Insurance ID,
10.) Death certificate of my Dad
11.) Family photo and personal photo of i and the person i was visiting (to buttress the relationship)
12.) an explicit Letter of explanation(explaining why i had no travel history), also the visa and resident permit document of the person i was visiting.
13.) And some prayers to go with it wink

Truth is just be as honest as you can be and ofcourse bombard them with lots of documents to fill up their time wink

PS: I'm a federal civil servant so maybe that helped in a way too. And yes i applied via paper applications in Abuja (they are just the best!)

Thank you all once more, now time to plan my trip and i will also need your help too! grin
I congratulate you. I'm being welcomed with good news after a long break, lol. More of such, in Jesus name. This year will surely get better for all the TRV hopefuls as our economy also improves. I wish you safe trip.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Gotaya and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.