Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320741 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2017
Jawa:

Hi bigcil2, this is a pretty long post and most of the questions have been addressed just a few pages back which questions your claim to have read up the thread. I hope i can still assist.
Firstly, using your business account is not always a good idea. Best to separate business from pleasure.
1) you mustn't have someone in Canada to be qualified for a visa
2) be honest with your intentions but I think 6 weeks is too long. You better have a structure in place to help clear the VOs concern of how your business will be run in this time
3)booking.com or airbnb to the rescue here
4)this is not a good idea. It would seem you are spending a company's money for pleasure. VOs never welcome it so you better have a great explanation
5)this is good for you but I don't see a question here really
6)this is solely at the discretion of the VO but CIC will never issue a visa exceeding passport expiration unlike the US and the U.K.
7)also solely at the discretion of the VO. Actually VOs have been advised by IRCC to issue long term multiple entry visas if applicants qualify for it so if you impress the VO, you'll be in luck. You can read that up on CICs website
8 )business is allowed on the category V visa but this should not be your primary purpose of visit if you had earlier stated in your application you're visiting for tourism. It will seem deceptive and the CBSA officer will frown at it. Remember they have power so don't upset them.
9)there is no format here. This is your best bet to impress the VO and also make the job easy. Make it explicit yet not too long
10)budgets are totally up to individuals. For me, I must shop and see the new city so it's always high so I limit my self-funded travels to 2-3 times a year. You need to have enough money and this depends on period of visit and actual destination in Canada . There are cheaper carriers but I wouldn't advise air maroc unless you're heading to Montreal however ET is good but not cheap anymore. Those days are gone with the naira devaluation in June 2016. What you have to look out for is to make sure your flight is not routed via this US. If you're going inward towards Saskatoon or Vancouver, airfrance/Klm are fund of routing their flights via MSP in the US. Play around with your dates in the period but December is a peak carrier period. Prepare to pay high.
11) paying for anything before a visa here is a waste of money. Booking details will suffice
12) again, booking details and a planned itinerary is enough. Proper planning here is key
Best of luck

Hello Sir. I'll need help to start my processing. I also checked the CIC website, its written that it will take an average of 95days. Can I apply online? Can you refer me or list the guidelines to start applying
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cgirly: 11:35am On Oct 25, 2017
I would like to make an enquiry. I am confused as to filling online application for a 2yr old. Once of the forms is stating that it should be filled only for dependants above 18years. what happens to younger kids and its a mandatory form to be filled online. Please has anyone been in this situation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2017
@Overlord77, @Travelpes, @Jayfierce

I'm filling out an online application(renewing) for TRV for me and my wife. But I am not sure of a few things and would like if you can help me clarify.

1. I was unable to open the IMM 5257(Application form) from my document checklist but other forms like family information form opened. So I downloaded the IMM5257 to my computer, filled it out, and uploaded it. The site prompted me to double check to make sure I uploaded the correct document and that it is viewable. Now my question, how do I check that it is viewable?

2. I'm self employed so I was told to upload Business Registration, I understand this is CAC docs, but do I include the Company bank Statements and sole signatory letter from bank here OR I should include them with my personal bank statements under POF?

3. As my wife is an accompanying family member, there are 3 documents checklist for her, but the checklist didn't bring anything like Employment and POF for her. I have her employment letter, payslips and bank statement. Where do I include these files? Should I put them together with my own POF?

4. And finally, I want to include some family photos, where can I include those too?

Please I need your urgent assistance. God bless.

Sorry for all these days, my previous application was thru paper submission so there was no need for segmenting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
My opinion on the question are as follows:

Q4. I included family photos in my letter of explanation in primary applicant section

Q3. All document submitted on behalf of spouse was include in her letter of explanation section and also well itemized,referenced and explained in the letter.

Q1. To be on a safe side,go to CIC website and check for documents download the form,that ensures its the latest form. May be the form you download is not the recent one. for online application,only recent forms are accepted.check bottom of the form for the year.

I hope this help and please arrange you documents properly and convincingly.Goodluck

manlikegb:

I'm filling out an online application(renewing) for TRV for me and my wife. But I am not sure of a few things and would like if you can help me clarify.

1. I was unable to open the IMM 5257(Application form) from my document checklist but other forms like family information form opened. So I downloaded the IMM5257 to my computer, filled it out, and uploaded it. The site prompted me to double check to make sure I uploaded the correct document and that it is viewable. Now my question, how do I check that it is viewable?

2. I'm self employed so I was told to upload Business Registration, I understand this is CAC docs, but do I include the Company bank Statements and sole signatory letter from bank here OR I should include them with my personal bank statements under POF?

3. As my wife is an accompanying family member, there are 3 documents checklist for her, but the checklist didn't bring anything like Employment and POF for her. I have her employment letter, payslips and bank statement. Where do I include these files? Should I put them together with my own POF?

4. And finally, I want to include some family photos, where can I include those too?

Sorry for all these days, my previous application was thru paper submission so there was no need for segmenting.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2017

Q4. I included family photos in my letter of explanation in primary applicant section

Q3. All document submitted on behalf of spouse was include in her letter of explanation section and also well itemized,referenced and explained in the letter.

Q1. To be on a safe side,go to CIC website and check for documents download the form,that ensures its the latest form. May be the form you download is not the recent one. for online application,only recent forms are accepted.check bottom of the form for the year.

I hope this helps. please arrange you documents properly and convincingly.Goodluck

manlikegb:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Travelpes:

I hope this helps. please arrange you documents properly and convincingly.Goodluck

@Travelpes, thanks for your time sir. I guess no idea on the question 2.

Yes, I downloaded the form from CIC website. Filled and validated it. Its the "check that it is viewable" after uploading it that I don't know how to go about.

As for the Letter of explanation, is there any required format? Do I have to address it to the Canadian Embassy? Do I need to sign it?

Thanks again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
I addressed and signed like a formal letter. Addressed mine to deputy high commission lagos
manlikegb:

@Travelpes, thanks for your time sir. I guess no idea on the question 2.

Yes, I downloaded the form from CIC website. Filled and validated it. Its the "check that it is viewable" after uploading it that I don't know how to go about.

As for the Letter of explanation, is there any required format? Do I have to address it to the Canadian Embassy? Do I need to sign it?

Thanks again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
@manlikegb

1. Some times files get corrupted and cannot be opened. Open and view it to be sure it's still okay before uploading.

2. You can add them to POF. I'm a stickler for everything in its rightful place. If the section says upload CAC docs, then do just that.

3. I think you can/should combine hers with yours in POF. That section encompasses all funds that you have access to.

4. Letter of explanation would suffice.

Goodluck again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2017
Travelpes:
I addressed and signed like a formal letter. Addressed mine to deputy high commission lagos

Ok thanks so much @Travelpes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 12:26am On Oct 26, 2017
jayfierce:
@manlikegb

1. Some times files get corrupted and cannot be opened. Open and view it to be sure it's still okay before uploading.

2. You can add them to POF. I'm a stickler for everything in its rightful place. If the section says upload CAC docs, then do just that.

3. I think you can/should combine hers with yours in POF. That section encompasses all funds that you have access to.

4. Letter of explanation would suffice.

Goodluck again.

@Jayfierce, thanks for the input sir. You've been of help to me since last year. God bless you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2017
manlikegb:

Hi,
Both @travelpes and @jayfierce nailed it. However, for the family photo part, i included those in proof of relationship, that's if you have a relation who is permanent resident.

Every other document in Q3, i appended to POF.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 76ta: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
A friend of mine want to apply for a Canada visa but the want to use it for child birth,
1)which visa type will she choose while applying?

2) should she make her intentions clear?
3) will it be advisable to go alone or apply with her family
4) Note she is not working presently
5) kindly suggest a gynecologist/doctor and state she can to use (she doesn't have anyone in Canada)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
manlikegb:

@Jayfierce, thanks for the input sir. You've been of help to me since last year. God bless you and yours.
No wahala. Goodluck to you Bro.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
overlord77:

Hi,
Both @travelpes and @jayfierce nailed it. However, for the family photo part, i included those in proof of relationship, that's if you have a relation who is permanent resident.

Every other document in Q3, i appended to POF.

@overlord77, thanks and God bless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=manlikegb post=61796034]

@overlord77, @travelpes, @jayfierce. For my wife's travel history(visas and stamps), is it ok to upload them together with my own travel history in the primary applicant section?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
I did all spouse documentation(travel history,employment docs,payslip,statement of account,birth cert,change of name and affidavit in letter of explanation [quote author=manlikegb post=61796813][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=manlikegb post=61796813][/quote]

Nope,I suggest you don't cos your wife's profile also has sector for travel history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
overlord77:

Nope,I suggest you don't cos your wife's profile also has sector for travel history.

No, it doesn't have that sector. Since we're submitted together online as a "family application", the document checklist generated for us only have travel history under the Primary Applicant Sector. For the Family Member Sector, the only documents populated are Application form(IMM5257), Family Information(IMM5645), Passport, Digital photo. Then OPTIONAL ones are another IMM5257 and LOE.

I'm thinking to just put her travel history in the LOE section together with her job references and bank statement as advised earlier.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
manlikegb:

No, it doesn't have that sector. Since we're submitted together online as a "family application", the document checklist generated for us only have travel history under the Primary Applicant Sector. For the Family Member Sector, the only documents populated are Application form(IMM5257), Family Information(IMM5645), Passport, Digital photo. Then OPTIONAL ones are another IMM5257 and LOE.

I'm thinking to just put her travel history in the LOE section together with her job references and bank statement as advised earlier.

You can put it together with yours

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:54am On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pappy0080: 1:49am On Oct 27, 2017
Hello House

Please I need urgent advise on my Canada TRV application. I submitted a family package on the 29th of September 2017 online. I got a letter today : Procedural fairness addressed to my wife stating that she did not disclose her previous visa refusals at US embassy in June and September this year. Though she answered "yes" in the section 2b & 2c on the form for visa denials but she only made comments on previous Canada Visa refusals only. The Visa officer gave us 15 days to respond to this letter with any representation. She has got US visa before but renewal was approved. She didn't withhold the US visa refusals intentionally, she thought since it was Canada visa application and after answering "yes" to the question, explanations concerning Canada refusals should be ok. My question is: After responding with reasons for non disclosure of US visa refusal , will our application be automatically denied ?? Has anyone ever encountered this same circumstance and visa got approval after sending reasons for non-disclosure? I am very worried, please anyone with experience about this matter should advise. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:53am On Oct 27, 2017
pappy0080:
Hello House

Please I need urgent advise on my Canada TRV application. I submitted a family package on the 29th of September 2017 online. I got a letter today : Procedural fairness addressed to my wife stating that she did not disclose her previous visa refusals at US embassy in June and September this year. Though she answered "yes" in the section 2b & 2c on the form for visa denials but she only made comments on previous Canada Visa refusals only. The Visa officer gave us 15 days to respond to this letter with any representation. She has got US visa before but renewal was approved. She didn't withhold the US visa refusals intentionally, she thought since it was Canada visa application and after answering "yes" to the question, explanations concerning Canada refusals should be ok. My question is: After responding with reasons for non disclosure of US visa refusal , will our application be automatically denied ?? Has anyone ever encountered this same circumstance and visa got approval after sending reasons for non-disclosure? I am very worried, please anyone with experience about this matter should advise. Thanks.

Am afraid it may affect the rest of the application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Siga: 3:53am On Oct 27, 2017
pappy0080:
Hello House

Fear not.... u are even lucky they asked for such detail... ensure you write a very good letter...itemize all US visa refusals with reason why they were refused.... Do not beg... I repeat , don't write please, forgive me blah blah blah... Be very professional and answer all questions asked... U will be fine...If they have no plan to issue ur visa, they won't even contact u...Now, whatever u write in that letter of explanation is key to issuing u that visa...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2017
First of all, all western countries now share data. So no point hiding anything from them. That being said, you have to first apologise for the oversight, and in detail list out the denials and the corresponding legal references. If there's anything else you guys have hidden from them, this is an opportunity to let them know.

pappy0080:
Hello House

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 7:12am On Oct 27, 2017
Siga:
Fear not.... u are even lucky they asked for such detail... ensure you write a very good letter...itemize all US visa refusals with reason why they were refused.... Do not beg... I repeat , don't write please, forgive me blah blah blah... Be very professional and answer all questions asked... U will be fine...If they have no plan to issue ur visa, they won't even contact u...Now, whatever u write in that letter of explanation is key to issuing u that visa...

Not entirely true, contacting applicants involved in misrepresentation is a normal procedure. Decision-makers send Procedural fairness letter in a spirit of fairness. In many cases the applicant will still be refused and banned at the end

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2017
pappy0080:
Procedural fairness addressed to my wife stating that she did not disclose her previous visa refusals at US embassy in June and September this year. I am very worried, please anyone with experience about this matter should advise. Thanks.
It's really difficult to prove its a honest mistake when an applicant answers all other questions without mistakes, then suddenly make mistakes in the questions that could impact his or her application negatively.

I advise that you answer honestly and don't try to insult their intelligence. Whatever you write will be documented for future applications. You need to state the reasons for the refusals and why you didn't disclose it. Best of luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2017
All the best bro.

I did Online.
juddy234:
Hello megastus, sorry for your denied application but as long as you have faith God will turn their eyes to your favor this time around. Sometimes this agency can be funny, some have never left the shores of this country. Did you applied online or paper application. Mine is now 85days and hoping to hear from them before the end of this month. I'm encouraged knowing that yours took 90 days. Pls pray for me house ooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2017
Please house... After applying for sponsorship... Will I still be eligible to apply for visiting? Does it stops one another?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Siga: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

Not entirely true, contacting applicants involved in misrepresentation is a normal procedure. Decision-makers send Procedural fairness letter in a spirit of fairness. In many cases the applicant will still be refused and banned at the end
... Justwise... there are cases where they denial and part of the denial reason is the oversight or misrepresentation...so, calling it a normal procedure as you say is not correct.... it is the decision of the reviewer whether or not to contact the applicant...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Siga:
... Justwise... there are cases where they denial and part of the denial reason is the oversight or misrepresentation...so, calling it a normal procedure as you say is not correct.... it is the decision of the reviewer whether or not to contact the applicant...

I thought you should have researched about procedural fairness when it comes to misrepresentation by an applicant. The info is everywhere online.

Yes its a normal procedure

Decision-makers are required to follow the rules of procedural fairness throughout the decision-making process.

Procedural fairness requires that applicants:

be provided with a fair and unbiased assessment of their application
be informed of the decision-maker’s concerns and
have a meaningful opportunity to provide a response to concerns about their application

The requirement for procedural fairness applies to all types of immigration and citizenship applications and all aspects of decision-making

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/service/fairness.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/decision/natural.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Siga: 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

I thought you should have researched about procedural fairness when it comes to misrepresentation by an applicant. The info is everywhere online.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/service/fairness.asp
...I get what you are saying ... but that's not the case all the time... there are procedure.... but it does not mean they follow it all the time... I know what I am talking about bro... U are right, procedure do exist.... but are they followed 100% all the time? Same applies to Processing time... is it followed in most cases?

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Newbie232, jj17cv(m), Kelvinarsenal and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.