Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320630 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
Siga:
...I get what you are saying ... but that's not the case all the time... there are procedure.... but it does not mean they follow it all the time... I know what I am talking about bro... U are right, procedure do exist.... but are they followed 100% all the time? Same applies to Processing time... is it followed in most cases?

That is not the point, whether they are followed all the time is not the issue here, the issue is that the op was sent a procedural fairness letter and you said he got nothing to worry about and should not beg them, you also went on to say: 'If they have no plan to issue ur visa, they won't even contact u'.

That is my issue with your post.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Siga: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

That is not the point, whether they are followed all the time is not the issue here, the issue is that the op was sent a procedural fairness letter and you said he got nothing to worry about and should not beg them, you also went on to say: 'If they have no plan to issue ur visa, they won't even contact u'.

That is my issue with your post.

... That's ok... I feel u... great back and forth though....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 76ta: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
76ta:
A friend of mine want to apply for a Canada visa but the want to use it for child birth,
1)which visa type will she choose while applying?

2) should she make her intentions clear?
3) will it be advisable to go alone or apply with her family
4) Note she is not working presently
5) kindly suggest a gynecologist/doctor and state she can to use (she doesn't have anyone in Canada)
Please answer me I am new here
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
@vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv, pls how did you go about compressing files to 4MB max for upload to Proof of Means of Financial support for your application. I've been struggling with getting my file size to 4mb. I have a total of about 60 scanned pages for that section and I have compressed online to 9.3. Even sites like smallpdf.com says 'your file has already be compressed well and our magic can't do any better' grin . The only place I got further compression was on ilovepdf.com and it got very blurry and hard to pick out the printed letters on the files. I don't know what else.

Please help me weigh in o my people in the know. Thanks as always.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 12:18am On Oct 28, 2017
pappy0080:
Hello House

Please I need urgent advise on my Canada TRV application. I submitted a family package on the 29th of September 2017 online. I got a letter today : Procedural fairness addressed to my wife stating that she did not disclose her previous visa refusals at US embassy in June and September this year. Though she answered "yes" in the section 2b & 2c on the form for visa denials but she only made comments on previous Canada Visa refusals only. The Visa officer gave us 15 days to respond to this letter with any representation. She has got US visa before but renewal was approved. She didn't withhold the US visa refusals intentionally, she thought since it was Canada visa application and after answering "yes" to the question, explanations concerning Canada refusals should be ok. My question is: After responding with reasons for non disclosure of US visa refusal , will our application be automatically denied ?? Has anyone ever encountered this same circumstance and visa got approval after sending reasons for non-disclosure? I am very worried, please anyone with experience about this matter should advise. Thanks.

A friend that this happened to got 5yrs ban. But they said she was welcome to reapply and pay another visa fees if she feels she can address the situation. E pele
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Travelpes: 5:57am On Oct 28, 2017
Sir,this is where you have to be the VO yourself and ask What and what do you want to see and which is important.if your account statement number of Pages can be reduced,like print online and take to bank for vetting or bank should assist to spool in fewer page(even though they like more pages for more money).Ensure you have the key documents for this section and if possible move others Proof if means of Fin. Support to Letter of explaination.
You may also try using ms word or break your PDF into single pages and further compress some pages with very very less vital information (e.g change some pages to black and white and leave maybe cover page coloured

Its a lot of calculation to get to 4mb from 9mb without losing image/doc. Sharpness.
manlikegb:
@vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv, pls how did you go about compressing files to 4MB max for upload to Proof of Means of Financial support for your application. I've been struggling with getting my file size to 4mb. I have a total of about 60 scanned pages for that section and I have compressed online to 9.3. Even sites like smallpdf.com says 'your file has already be compressed well and our magic can't do any better' grin . The only place I got further compression was on ilovepdf.com and it got very blurry and hard to pick out the printed letters on the files. I don't know what else.

Please help me weigh in o my people in the know. Thanks as always.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Travelpes:
Sir,this is where you have to be the VO yourself and ask What and what do you want to see and which is important.if your account statement number of Pages can be reduced,like print online and take to bank for vetting or bank should assist to spool in fewer page(even though they like more pages for more money).Ensure you have the key documents for this section and if possible move others Proof if means of Fin. Support to Letter of explaination.
You may also try using ms word or break your PDF into single pages and further compress some pages with very very less vital information (e.g change some pages to black and white and leave maybe cover page coloured

Its a lot of calculation to get to 4mb from 9mb without losing image/doc. Sharpness.

@Travelpes, thanks a lot sir. I really appreciate your time and input. I tried all I could with all these online compress pdf sites, online2pdf.com gave me the best compression but still wasn't enough. So i decided to get help at a cafe, and the guy sorted it out under 20mins. He edited each of the pages with corelDRAW and it all came back at a lil below 4MB. Thanks again, God bless.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
House please while filling the IMM5257 FORM

THAT PART THAT SAID HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE FOR THE TIP

AM I REQUIRED TO INPUT THE ACCOUNT BALANCE AS AT THE TIME I PRINTED MY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

OR I CAN WRITE MUCH MORE

I PRINTED A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT SHOWING 2MILLION AS AS THE LAST BALANCE

BUT I WAS HOPIN TO WRITE 3MILLION FOR THE TRIP
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Niv25: 12:06am On Oct 29, 2017
hello gurus in the house pls I really need you guys help...actually am a fresh graduate, my elder brother and sister are ready to sponsor me to Canada on any type of visa...my brother is self employed he owns a tele communication company with about three branches...and he is financially balanced on my sisters side she is also a self employed who own a landed property...Now on my own am just a fresh a graduate been working in my brothers company like two years now but no much in my account...and I don't have any travel experience...I intend travelling to Canada, US or Australia...pls guys I need your help on
1. which country will be better with the details I have provided.
2. what type of visa should I apply for
3.how do I go about processing my visa(and what kind of documents requeated)
4. will the vo need my bank statement?
5.what's my chance of getting the visa with the available details...

note; my sponsors are ready to provide anything(money &documents) needed for my application...

pls guys I need your reply and candid advice God bless y'all �

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
WONDERFUL SUNDAY TO ALL THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE...IF ONE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE, WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT YOU NEED TO TAKE ALONG FOR BIO-METRIC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
omidan21:
House please while filling the IMM5257 FORM

THAT PART THAT SAID HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE FOR THE TIP

AM I REQUIRED TO INPUT THE ACCOUNT BALANCE AS AT THE TIME I PRINTED MY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

OR I CAN WRITE MUCH MORE

I PRINTED A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT SHOWING 2MILLION AS AS THE LAST BALANCE

BUT I WAS HOPIN TO WRITE 3MILLION FOR THE TRIP
The question is How much is available for YOUR STAY IN CANADA? This is d cost of your accommodation, feeding and other expenses like bus ticket, etc while in Canada. it excludes your flight from Naija to Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
it is stated in the biometric letter attached for you.

oseodile:
WONDERFUL SUNDAY TO ALL THE GURUS IN THE HOUSE...IF ONE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE, WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT YOU NEED TO TAKE ALONG FOR BIO-METRIC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Thanks..since my application is online.. Hope after the biometric they will not hold my passport back becos I intend the travel
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 2:19am On Oct 30, 2017
oseodile:
Thanks..since my application is online.. Hope after the biometric they will not hold my passport back becos I intend the travel

NO they wouldnt. if your visa is approved you will be contacted via email to submit ur passport
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by solveabode(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
pls gurus what's the difference between LOE and SOP? if there is difference, kindly enlighten me on what it should contain especially the LOE.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
solveabode:
pls gurus what's the difference between LOE and SOP? if there is difference, kindly enlighten me on what it should contain especially the LOE.

Same
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Please Gurus the Air France Ticket I booked is showing the total amount far as 2100 USD dollars

I thought this should be converted to currency in Naira
Please help what do you think , does this really matter

Also while filling the online application i cant see where to input the employment details such as my ( intro letter from employer, leave cert, ID Cart , etc )
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
Also I have another flight reservation that doesnt show the amount it just shows the flight dates times etc , is this alright to us
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Well,

They did answer me within 7 days and visa approved.

megastu:
Bros send them a mail.

I had applied on July 17th, they responded with a refusal on October 19th, 2017( exactly 90days) because my travel agent put Ontario in Los angeles as port of entry and departure, so they denied it for that reason. Atimes i feel too much docs is a problem for them. Just stick with the right documents.

My travel date was November ending. I quickly re applied again and hope they answer me within one month. lol.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
megastu:
Well,

They did answer me within 7 days and visa approved.

Congrats @megastu, especially with the speedy response before ur scheduled travel date. Are you a first time applicant or is it like a renewal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
ladylco:

NO they wouldnt. if your visa is approved you will be contacted via email to submit ur passport

Madam, long time. How that side?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
overlord77:

Madam, long time. How that side?

Brossssssssss! my side dey kampe. Cold don start here seriously. I go buzz u later.

Thanks for checking on me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by juddy234: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2017
Please I really need help in the house, I applied for a TRV since the 31st of July, I did paper application at the vfs office lekki. My traveling date and the program which I was invited will be taking place this month the 19th and I'm yet to hear anything from vfs nor the embassy. I'm a bit worried like what may be keeping my passport till date, is there anyone in the house having similar issues as mine. I have tried to link my application online but all to no avail, track my application on vfs website but says application processing at the Canadian embassy. Pls what can I do I really need urgent response pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2017
juddy234:
Please I really need help in the house, I applied for a TRV since the 31st of July, I did paper application at the vfs office lekki. My traveling date and the program which I was invited will be taking place this month the 19th and I'm yet to hear anything from vfs nor the embassy. I'm a bit worried like what may be keeping my passport till date, is there anyone in the house having similar issues as mine. I have tried to link my application online but all to no avail, track my application on vfs website but says application processing at the Canadian embassy. Pls what can I do I really need urgent response pls.
I submitted an application online since June 16th, yet no response. Today makes it 4 months, 2 weeks and stil counting. I hail for Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by solveabode(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2017
ladylco:

Same

Thank you for your response.

1. pls does it matter if one present hotel booking that is not yet paid for?

2. Also, does it increases chances of visa approval if one present a paid hotel and tour booking?

3. is closing balance of 1m enough for a Tourist.

please I need the responses of the gurus.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jboyjoel: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Please I need you to help clear my views on whether it's ok for someone who has an immediate sibling that has PR and other approved landing documents in Canada to apply for a tourist/ visit visa to canny? Or rather than booking an hotel reservation for the purpose.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paradisewoods: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hi guys. I applied online for my Canada TRV, did all the payments online. My visiting visa was approved yesterday and I was asked to send my passport.

My question. How do I go about sending my passport.

Can I send it to the embassy myself or must it be through VAC? VAC is charging extra $50 for transmission fee.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
paradisewoods:
Hi guys. I applied online for my Canada TRV, did all the payments online. My visiting visa was approved yesterday and I was asked to send my passport.

Can I send it to the embassy myself or must it be through VAC? VAC is charging extra $50 for transmission fee.

Thanks

Please when did you apply. And congrats!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 12:55am On Nov 03, 2017
paradisewoods:

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, you'll have to submit through VAC. That's what I did anyway; but I signed up for courier delivery to my house, so I really didn't notice extra charges.

To get a better answer, I think you should mail/call the embassy, and ask for the options available to you for your passport submission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: lanre47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.