Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? (1380 Views)

Why Do Men Patronize Prostitutes? (Video) / Why Do Men Cheat??? / 10 Romantic Text Messages To Send To Your Loved One On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by chidify: 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
I have a question for the guys and I hope my curiosity is satisfied with the answers I get. Why do guys prefer to text rather than call a woman? I don’t understand it, how hard is it to pick up the phone and call to ask that lady out?

Ever since various social media sites have been established, you see a guy who is vying to get your attention sending you various BBM, Whatsapp , vice versa messages.

If only you knew that calling a woman you are trying to convince to date you would give you a very good chance. But keep on texting and the impression you give is that she is not important enough for you to spend mobile airtime calling, or that you are simply not confident in your ability to carry a decent conversation with her.

I do not know about other ladies but it becomes a turn off for me after a while. Once I notice that you have taken to text me instead of calling, losing interest is the next thing.

Texting is a way to keep things impersonal and casual as it is a limited means of communication and also gives the lady the impression that you are looking for a booty call.

Also I am anti-texting, if you send me a message on any of those platforms and it is not a life or death situation, the chances that I would reply are very slim. Send me an email instead.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, guys make us understand why you would rather text instead of calling.

For more visit, http://www.slbdiaries.com/
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by chocmanne(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
girls plenty wey i wan contact nah.... i no fit waste ma airtime ontop 1 person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by jnrbayano(m): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Drop your number, I am ringing you rightaway.

Promise.
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by eleko1: 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
I fall under the category of men that text rather than call.To me,I dnt see a big deal in wasting kobo on irrelevant gist/call that won't add to ur bank AC.If it is a business deal,that is ok than talking endlessly and laughing meaningless.Communication is either way,TEXT/CALL.No big deal Jare
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by HizMissy(f): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
the simple reason is, too many girls to talk to...
Who dem wan call and who dem wan leave?
Texting covers a multitude of girls.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
I guess she meant the 'men' in her life.
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by TRADELYN: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
What a life undecided

Many ladies always miss the good guys because they are simply over greedy lipsrsealed

Would you take/make all the guys that call you your boy friends/husbands since you'll take them serious
I have a question for the guys and I hope my curiosity is satisfied with the answers I get. Why do guys prefer to text rather than call a woman? I don’t understand it, how hard is it to pick up the phone and call to ask that lady out?

Ever since various social media sites have been established, you see a guy who is vying to get your attention sending you various BBM, Whatsapp , vice versa messages.

If only you knew that calling a woman you are trying to convince to date you would give you a very good chance. But keep on texting and the impression you give is that she is not important enough for you to spend mobile airtime calling, or that you are simply not confident in your ability to carry a decent conversation with her.

I do not know about other ladies but it becomes a turn off for me after a while. Once I notice that you have taken to text me instead of calling, losing interest is the next thing.

Texting is a way to keep things impersonal and casual as it is a limited means of communication and also gives the lady the impression that you are looking for a booty call.

Also I am anti-texting, if you send me a message on any of those platforms and it is not a life or death situation, the chances that I would reply are very slim. Send me an email instead.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, guys make us understand why you would rather text instead of calling
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
OP, change topic to "Why does my boyfriend text rather than call". By the way, if a guy does not call you. Call Him! It's not a sin neither is it a crime punishable by law.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
Reminds me of a girl I quickly made my side chick because of her excessive talks on phone, I go call this babe just to say goodnight, she will spend 2minutes of my airtime praising my name like say I sent a ride to her, before I go summary the call.....she don finish the credit weh I wan take call other babes....since then.....omoh na text surr pass, if she no sabi read am.....make she give to her granmama to read for her
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Tashaamania(f): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Because someone somewhere is lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Enegod(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Texting is simple, easy and convenient,
only call when things need to get really
important/practical. Then when things are
really serious and can't be communicated
any other way, face-time... undecided
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Dani4tech(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
I thought i was the only one involved in dis ish grin
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Tayorfresh(m): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
We no dey spend money on data??
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by Oahray: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
Some phone calls are unnecessary, especially if you are calling a girl who is a sucker for attention and who believes she must style to prove her worth. For your own good never call often a girl that isn't a good friend already.

Unless you are special, if I call you once, I try. If u no wan reply text, rest na. No be only you sabi busy.
Re: Why Do Men Text Rather Than Call? by passionate88: 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
Why even call her sef? Sms, whatsApp, BBM, Wechat,etc are there.... I don't like calling people, especially girls

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies: How To Get A Guy With A Girlfriend / How To Prevent Your Friends From Sleeping With Your Girl. / The Ears Of A Man Is Better Than His Manhood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.