Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? (2663 Views)

Poll: who should pay for dinner dates?

men: 37% (9 votes)
women: 0% (0 votes)
both: 62% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

According To This Guy, Nigerian Girls Don't Do Dinner Dates.. / Val's Dinner: Rate My Fiancee And I. :D / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by olunifemi(f): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2006
women hv always been dependent.now dt they want 2 do all wht men do,why don't they also foot d bills when they go out?after all they r working and some even earn more than their men.for once let them prove ds saying:wht men can do,
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by desiree(f): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2006
I agree with you that women need to pick up the bills once in a while, during the course of the relationship but never on the first date, the first date is for the guy to knock himself out and impress. tongue
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by Izzo(m): 2:07am On Aug 20, 2006
Yeah! thats true. But some of them ladies get used 2 the fact that it's a man duty to pick up the bill after all he prob claims 2 be the man. cool .
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by tomi29: 2:25am On Aug 20, 2006
who ever asked who out on the dinner date should pick up the bill
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by kenshin(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2006
tomi29:

who ever asked who out on the dinner date should pick up the bill
Exactly, Why should I invite a lady out on a date and then expect her to pick up the tab? there really is no war here
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by Hugoboi(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2006
Im my opinion,whoeva chooses to do the paying should go ahead, But if I were to be utterly frank?a guy should be the one to pay the dinner bills.Howelse do you show the lady that you are the man.I'd hate to picture a scenario where the lady grudgingly picks up the bills only for the guy to want a grope btween the sheets when the lights are off.If u have got to be THE MAN,why dont u go the whole mile
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by olunifemi(f): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2006
Hugoboi:

I'm my opinion,whoeva chooses to do the paying should go ahead, But if I were to be utterly frank?a guy should be the one to pay the dinner bills.Howelse do you show the lady that you are the man.I'd hate to picture a scenario where the lady grudgingly picks up the bills only for the guy to want a grope btween the sheets when the lights are off.If u have got to be THE MAN,why don't u go the whole mile
not all men think like dt,u know?
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by faa(f): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2006
Where I am they both pick up the bills (serious or no serious relationship) except one party decides to do something extraordinary.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by nike4luv(f): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2006
dont care, i'll get the bill if i want to, plus, it should be a give and take relationship
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by olunifemi(f): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2006
nike4luv:

don't care, i'll get the bill if i want to, plus, it should be a give and take relationship
it's true sha
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by iice(f): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2006
Well whoeva wants to pick it
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by clocky(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2006
a nija girl will neva want to pick d bill angry
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by HH(m): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2006
some chicks are out 2 put holes in guys pocket, if she cares she will pick d bills
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by sammiek1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2006
anybody can pay.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by Raymand(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2006
Don't pick up the bill, just find a way to outsmart the resturant management ( the cockroach in the food technique works the best) Gosh i miss my old girlfirend. . . undecided
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by clocky(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2006
Raymand:

Don't pick up the bill, just find a way to outsmart the resturant management ( the cockroach in the food technique works the best) Gosh i miss my old girlfirend. . . undecided

Barawo banza angry
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by hotangel2(f): 5:19am On Aug 23, 2006
If it's a first date, and as a guy you were the one that asked me, You sure as hell gone pay for the damn dinner date. Hell, u don't got money on you? Leave your shoes or something because i ain't paying, u asked me out. cheesy

Now u know that's right. All im saying is, a guy should be the one to pay for a first dinner date he innitiated.

If he told me before we got in and finished eating, that he doesn't have enough on him, or gave me some kind of hint that he'll need me to pick up the bill, Then i'll understand. But otherwise, your ass better be ready to pay them damn bills. I'll pity u and not order too much tho, but be ready to PAY. U asked me out, The first date says alot about a man. Now a man who asks me out and espects me to pay both mine n his bills, sure don't want no relationship.

This isn't about, dating a man for his money. It's just common sense. I didn't ask u to take me on a dinner anyways, u could have just asked me to go bowling or something, somwhere u know u wont have to spend alot.

-----
Now if we are talking about couples going for dinner dates, you know it could go any way. Either the guy or the girls.

I realised that in relationships we have nowadays, the girl in a relationship is actually offering to pay, or even leave money on the table. Just about every lady now is saying "they are independent". They are not just saying it, they are actually showing now that THEY ARE.

Now i don't know the kind of ladies u guys be moving with. But ladies in year 2006, don't go out with you, with the FUll mind that you are going to pay. Don't matter if you are dating or not. They always have their own money. WHo knows what mite happen? U mite turn crazy, and she'll need a cab home. Or worse, u say u lost your wallet on your way here, and you thought it was inside your back pocket. *rollseyes*
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by Oracle(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2006
Whoever created the date should be the one to settle the bills
man or woman, nobody is too big or too small to do it

Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by dennylove(m): 2:16am On Aug 24, 2006
No ORACLE,you are getting it all wrong,see, as a guy one of the things your lady RESPECTS YOU FOR,is been a DUTIFUL guy or husband.it make her feel submissive to you,it make her LOVE YOU the more, it make her feel SECURED in your hand. knowing fully that no matter what happens, YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH,
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by Oracle(m): 2:26am On Aug 24, 2006
Well denny you have a point but i don't think the man will have to kill himself because he wants the woman to feel secured, he's not a security guard.
sometimes the women have to feel the weight of settling the bills.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by olunifemi(f): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2006
but wht's wrong in women picking up bills?
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by bechex(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2006
Anyone can pay, but most times its the guy. it just comes naturally in this part of the world.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by omogenaija(f): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2006
if i suggest we go on a date then i will pay
if he suggest we go on a date than he will pay
simple !!!!!!!
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by kiki(f): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2006
i think the men should pay but not always
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by suprted(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2006
i see some of the points you're making. i have no problem paying, but lets say its a first date and you don't know the person too well, don't you think it would be awkward if you footed the entire bill or is that just poor student mentality. on my previous first dates, we've both either split the bill or paid for whatever we ordered respectively. then again, i suppose pizza places and the like are not as classy as some of the places you sophisticated people frequent wink i always got the idea that if i paid for everything, it was like i was attempting to buy her or something.

when you guys get close though, its up to you how you pay. he can pay or she can pay or you can split it. just don't make a thing out of it.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by loftylogs(m): 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2006
omogenaija:

if i suggest we go on a date then i will pay
if he suggest we go on a date than he will pay
simple !!!!!!!
no no no!!!!! its natural that when a guy is asking a lady out on the first date he pays and any other subsequent date depends on the couples,why did i say so? because if two couples understand themselves then any one of them can pay the bills on a date without anyone of them feeling hurt. for instance my girl once took me out to one of the eatery we have arround but she did it cos she felt like it that time and i was not having much on me.and u know what she did winkshe actually gave me the money b/4 we left so that i would do the paying,now u get what i mean by understanding grin.if she had payed the bills herself it would not have ment anything but sign of respect from her.u ladies should learn from that, incase u want to take ur guy out on a date when his not having cash make sure u handover the money to him.it shows u respect him cheesy
hot-angel:

If it's a first date, and as a guy you were the one that asked me, You sure as hell gone pay for the damn dinner date. Hell, u don't got money on you? Leave your shoes or something because i ain't paying, u asked me out. cheesy

Now u know that's right. All im saying is, a guy should be the one to pay for a first dinner date he innitiated.

If he told me before we got in and finished eating, that he doesn't have enough on him, or gave me some kind of hint that he'll need me to pick up the bill, Then i'll understand. But otherwise, your ass better be ready to pay them damn bills. I'll pity u and not order too much tho, but be ready to PAY. U asked me out, The first date says alot about a man. Now a man who asks me out and espects me to pay both mine n his bills, sure don't want no relationship.

This isn't about, dating a man for his money. It's just common sense. I didn't ask u to take me on a dinner anyways, u could have just asked me to go bowling or something, somwhere u know u wont have to spend alot.

-----
Now if we are talking about couples going for dinner dates, you know it could go any way. Either the guy or the girls.

I realised that in relationships we have nowadays, the girl in a relationship is actually offering to pay, or even leave money on the table. Just about every lady now is saying "they are independent". They are not just saying it, they are actually showing now that THEY ARE.

Now i don't know the kind of ladies u guys be moving with. But ladies in year 2006, don't go out with you, with the FUll mind that you are going to pay. Don't matter if you are dating or not. They always have their own money. WHo knows what mite happen? U mite turn crazy, and she'll need a cab home. Or worse, u say u lost your wallet on your way here, and you thought it was inside your back pocket. *rollseyes*

Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by omogenaija(f): 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2006
loftylegz
i dont agree with that
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by clocky(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2006
why dont u angry
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by GNature(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2006
To me, a guy should pay for the first date regardless who asked who out. During
the course of dating, a lady can help pick up the tab every once in a while - or atleast
help with the tip.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by loftylogs(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2006
omogenaija:

loftylegz
i don't agree with that

ok so tell me what would u do when u feel like going to dinner and your man not having money at that time.u will take him and do the paying right infront of everybody,is it to show u are the one paying.??
how old are u??
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by omogenaija(f): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2006
loftylogs:

ok so tell me what would u do when u feel like going to dinner and your man not having money at that time.u will take him and do the paying right infront of everybody,is it to show u are the one paying.??
how old are u??

let me start will telling u that my age has nothing to do with topic. What I'm saying is IF I SAY TO MY MAN WE SHOULD GO OUT TO EAT. THEN I WILL PAY. IF HE SAYS WE SHOULD GO OUT TO EAT THEN HE SHOULD PAY. showing that i'm paying or not has nothing to do with it. also him having money or not has nothing to do with it. In the case that some people see me paying the bill it doesnt matter. Just like if they see him paying it doesnt matter.
Re: Who Should Pay For Dinner Dates? by olunifemi(f): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
me think understandg is wht matters in whtever men and women do tog.whoever pays has nothg 2 do wt age,relationship or friendship.but some guys think they r wise;like wht happened 2 me a month ago,a guy came 2 see my cousin and he showd interest in me but as we were talkg he just said,nifemi, can u take me out 4 lunch?i quickly said no.i thot he was just being friendly until d next day when he calld 2 ask me if i could buy him 2 bottles of beer!i then wondered wht ds life is turng in to;i mean how could a guy stylishly demand from a girl u r abt toasting?GUYZ!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does A Beautiful Woman Look Like? / Breaking News: Nigeria Girlfriends Association Has Removed Subsidy / Nigerian Guys Take Note Of This When Shopping With Your Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.