Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247011 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2015
Nuel1647:

Seems like you are hell bent on compounding the problem. You want your GMB to make even more mistakes by calling them terrorist.
Your Nigerian Military cannot handle uneducated Boko Haram yet you are proposing that in addition to Boko Haram, they should also fight people now having MSc and PhD in Aerospace Engineering.
My point is that the country and oil sector cannot accommodate any additional crises, it is enough as it is.

And the info I got from an SSS attached to otuoke during GEJ administration is that, new recruitment has started since after the elections. forget weapons, they have even more now.

Hahaha...no body is praying for crisis but they way you hyping these militants is based on sentiments. Nd militants too small for federal government to handle. The worst they can do is to vandalise the pipelines and hide in the creeks (same strategy as bokoharam). But for how long will they continue ?? Do they have the funds to sustain their acts?? even gej told them that they are on their own after he lost. No more free money

Asari 10 million USD per annum salary would stop this October let me see how he will get fundings for weapons thereafter.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
pls guys, any latest info on nddc scholarship.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2015
cabayes:

Hahaha...no body is praying for crisis but they way you hyping these militants is based on sentiments. Nd militants too small for federal government to handle. The worst they can do is to vandalise the pipelines and hide in the creeks (same strategy as bokoharam). But for how long will they continue ?? Do they have the funds to sustain their acts?? even gej told them that they are on their own after he lost. No more free money

Asari 10 million USD per annum salary would stop this October let me see how he will get fundings for weapons thereafter.

1. I am not hyping them. to consider what I said as hype is arrogance. I have visited the creeks before. asymmetric warfare is more effective when it is carried out by educated people. go n ask people that suffered Boko Haram whether they care if Boko Haram was a match for the Nigerian Military.
2. Where did they get funds to buy weapons the first time?
3. Are you saying someone currently handling the contract to protect oil pipelines is doing so without WEAPONS?
4. or are you saying they don't already have enough money if they need more weapons?

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by aamstih: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2015
hello guys, Who knows when Mr. Dan Abia's duration as the MD of NDDC would be coming to a wrap.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:29am On Jul 02, 2015
Nuel1647:

1. I am not hyping them. to consider what I said as hype is arrogance. I have visited the creeks before. asymmetric warfare is more effective when it is carried out by educated people. go n ask people that suffered Boko Haram whether they care if Boko Haram was a match for the Nigerian Military.
2. Where did they get funds to buy weapons the first time?
3. Are you saying someone currently handling the contract to protect oil pipelines is doing so without WEAPONS?
4. or are you saying they don't already have enough money if they need more weapons?

I'm not disputing the facts that militants Don't have money for ammunitions but I'm telling you that federal government still has the power to cut their source of finance and ammunitions. Take Biafra for example a 3yr war that eneded up just by cutting food supplies, thats the same way militants would surrender at the end but at the detriment of innocent civilians.

The only reason why fg is taking it easy with these insurgents and militants is because of human rights violation/amnesty international. Ask yourself where were these insurgents and militants when obasanjo was civilian President ??
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2015
cabayes:

I'm not disputing the facts that militants Don't have money for ammunitions but I'm telling you that federal government still has the power to cut their source of finance and ammunitions. Take Biafra for example a 3yr war that eneded up just by cutting food supplies, thats the same way militants would surrender at the end but at the detriment of innocent civilians.

The only reason why fg is taking it easy with these insurgents and militants is because of human rights violation/amnesty international. Ask yourself where were these insurgents and militants when obasanjo was civilian President ??
hahaha if baba iyabo was president there will be nothing like insurgents or boko haram o...lol

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
cabayes:

Now imagine what three years of crisis will do to civilians like us living in the Niger Delta, The National Economy and esp the oil sector, when prices are forecasted to stay below &70 per barrel for the next four years.
We have a Spontaneous President, a more educated and financially buoyant Militancy, and a Nigerian Military preoccupied with uneducated Boko Haram. that's the picture. Now is not the time to be fanning flames of crisis with reckless decisions which your OBJ would not take. OBJ established NDDC and against his will ratified resources derivation (which favoured Niger Delta states) because he wanted Peace.
At this point I think I've said too much. Causalities should not be treated lightly. Maybe you want crises because you don't like GMB or because you think the militants don't pose a threat n so their capacity for crises is nonexistent. - I don't know.
What I know however is that I Want Peace, because I love my country above all others. We are currently the twentieth Largest Economy in the world, five years earlier than scheduled by vision 2020. Now imagine where we would have been if GEJ did not have to spend billions of dollars on insecurity.
The truth is that, crisis gulp scarce resources that could be channelled into development and these kind of crises can be resolved peacefully when we have leaders with Cool Heads and Clear Minds devoid of sentiments. The current National Leadership and their Masquerade or Scare Tactics don't fit the bill at all. Until our leaders learn, this viscous cycle of violence will ___.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
aamstih:
hello guys, Who knows when Mr. Dan Abia's duration as the MD of NDDC would be coming to a wrap.

As soon as pmb appoints a new minister for Niger delta affairs.he might leave since its a political post.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
@nuel,

There will always be peace since the fg and cabals have most of their investments in the oil sector. Its only those that do not have anything that would be seeking for crisis.

The only fear I have is that pmb would want to reduce the Niger delta budget which would definitely affect on going schemes and projects.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
cabayes:
@nuel,

There will always be peace since the fg and cabals have most of their investments in the oil sector. Its only those that do not have anything that would be seeking for crisis.

The only fear I have is that pmb would want to reduce the Niger delta budget which would definitely affect on going schemes and projects.
the man met an empty treasury its only logical that expenditure will b reduced na. They rumours of presidential jets being sold off. Some states haven't paid 9 months salary na. Even if NDDC budget is reduced it shouldn't affect the scholarships n co. Just that the greedy ones would rather the scholarship stop than inflow to their already saturated pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hmmm. No updates yet.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by aamstih: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay. I initially thought his duration has a stipulated number of years.
cabayes:

As soon as pmb appoints a new minister for Niger delta affairs.he might leave since its a political post.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
Where is auroraborealis
We need updates please
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:29am On Jul 06, 2015
vechris10:
the man met an empty treasury its only logical that expenditure will b reduced na. They rumours of presidential jets being sold off. Some states haven't paid 9 months salary na. Even if NDDC budget is reduced it shouldn't affect the scholarships n co. Just that the greedy ones would rather the scholarship stop than inflow to their already saturated pockets.

The good news I have is that it didn't affect the scholarship. The bad news is that the list would be out in October. The only thing I'm not cool with why do they ignored the resumption dates??
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 06, 2015
cabayes:

The good news I have is that it didn't affect the scholarship. The bad news is that the list would be out in October. The only thing I'm not cool with why do they ignored the resumption dates??

From where did you get that, or you are just assuming based on last year?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by youngelder(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2015
ah.. well, we are stil hopeful
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2015
I actually just called the Deputy Director of Education, NDDC and he said the list is still with the Consultant after one month..... Well He said the list will be out 2-3 weeks time, I don't know true this is....Personally, I believe the man just gave me a "media answer" because it actually seem he wanted the call to end quickly.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
elnino2015:
I actually just called the Deputy Director of Education, NDDC and he said the list is still with the Consultant after one month..... Well He said the list will be out 2-3 weeks time, I don't know true this is....Personally, I believe the man just gave me a "media answer" because it actually seem he wanted the call to end quickly.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Its not media answer brother, he only gave you an estimated time you should expect to hear from them. I wasn't predicting mine, I got my info from a staff who works there. The thing is the organizers aren't ready to release the list anytime soon.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Light007: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
There is a reason our constitution provides a time frame for delivery of judgment by a court of law... Justice delayed is justice denied.

This jungle of a country, no man's land. Thank God I have moved on to better things!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by weomet: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2015
Light007:
There is a reason our constitution provides a time frame for delivery of judgment by a court of law... Justice delayed is justice denied.

This jungle of a country, no man's land. Thank God I have moved on to better things!

Change your nationality too.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2015
cabayes:

Its not media answer brother, he only gave you an estimated time you should expect to hear from them. I wasn't predicting mine, I got my info from a staff who works there. The thing is the organizers aren't ready to release the list anytime soon.

Who are the organizers NDDC or the Consultants

Because I seem to be confused now.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
elnino2015:

Who are the organizers NDDC or the Consultants

Because I seem to be confused now.

Nddc are the organizers. They are the ones with the funds to sponsor successful scholars. They are the ones who also hired the consultant. Therefore they are the ones who have the final say on when the list would be out depending on the availability of funds
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
@Raywise

I don't think Nigeria is caving in. we are just very impatient, easily swayed by rumours and very bad at choosing leaders. We have seen worse and still remained as one. However, I am not accomplished enough to answer your question on Militancy and Terrorism, So I will like to invite my Friends "CABAYES" and "VECHRIS10" to do the honours.

Especially considering the fact that GMB meet an empty Treasury. I wonder why he expected the Inept GEJ to store money for him.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
Raywise:
I read in one of Nigerian newslines last month that Ur new president seek discussion/amnesty with Bokoharamists. I was relieved not until i logged on now...If ur president is planning to give evil sects amnesty on no ground why then did he withdraw amnesty from militants who owns d oil land in debris? I can't juxtapose this friends! Militancy is preferred to terrorism worldwide even though we don't have that with us(ghana)! Honestly, Nigeria is caving in! This is terrible!

My brother, open your eyes. You are on this thread complaining about amnesty for people who are already millionaires and property owners abroad while graduates are here struggling to get 200 partial scholarship from candidates. Just google kano state overseas scholarship and compare what your Niger delta leaders are offering you.
The militants you are fighting for have not contributed anything to the development of the Niger delta yet you want these parasites who have forgotten what they were fighting for to continue collecting illegal money. If you know the amount of money these militants earn + the side runs from federal government you would see reasons why pmb has to stop it.

As for buhari giving amnesty to bokoharam.its his decision to make as the death toll is increasing daily. You dont leave in the north as a disenfranchised citizen (as jega talk am) and you can never tell how desperate they need the same peace you are enjoying. Even the likes of UK and us have not found a solution to it talk less of a border less nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 7:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Nice try Cabayes. However
GMB can't use our oil money to settle Boko Haram. The money was not made from selling Cows.
part of the conditions BH gave was they need Muslim President, as in GEJ should turn to Muslim.
GMB was listed as their chief negotiator.
in fact GMB said a war on BH is a war on the north.
So everyone thought that if GMB comes into power, all these will stop. That is why some of my Catholic n other Christian friends in the north either voted for GMB or refused to vote at all.
Now he is in power and e b like say they don enter one chance. they still don't have peace.
The media under GMB completely ignored BH, there was no bring back our girls anymore or the only rally they held under GMB consisted of just 50 people down from 15,000 under GEJ, etc. Check points were removed.
So in order to gain back their media prominence, BH increased their bombing activities.

There is a solution to the problem but it certainly does not involve amnesty for terrorist when you are stopping militants amnesty.
Until GMB tells us the price of Cow in the international market, He should look for better things to do with our oil money.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:31am On Jul 08, 2015
@Nuel1647

My brother I didn't say that buhari should give them the oil money because gej has basterdized the definition of amnesty... From my understanding amnesty means an official pardon for people who have been convicted of political offenses. But you know you need money to settle them back into the civilian society so that they do not become a nuisance.
Gej did what was best during his own time to bring peace and I can bet you that not all Nigerians were in support of his amnesty package. Today its Buhari turn, let him do what is best for the sake of peace.

Personally, I think this boko haram thing is a scam. The reason is that I cannot see terrorist wasting ammunition without a purpose. If you watch Murray Bruce advert on stv, he was campaigning for Nigerians to allow pMB invest money in for the exploration of oil in the chad basin. He said that Niger and chad have seen evidences of oil which may be the something boko haram are fighting for. They want their own independence which may never happen but if it does, good luck to them.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2015
@cabayes
Thank God you agree our oil money should not be used to settle BH if it should not be used to settle militants.
The difference BTW GEJ and GMB is that GEJ came from an oil producing area, so no one can raise unnecessary eye brows over using oil money to settle youths rendered jobless by reckless oil production that has damaged lives, the environment and other resources.

Your dictionary definition of AMENSTY is immaterial, what you should be checking out is the Yaradua Administration definition of "The AMNESTY PROGRAM". What you think on this issue is irrelevant, you were not part of the people that came up with the definition that the Then President Yaradua and the Millitants agreed too. GEJ simply followed that definition in the five years he ruled, from acting President in February 2010 to May 29 2015. Check ur facts, AMNESTY was not a GEJ initiative.

As a petroleum engineer, I can tell you that Chad exports about 125000bpd of oil through a pipeline that runs through Cameroon. Nigeria has similar potential in that area, but compare that with 2400000bpd from Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom n Bayelsa alone. we call it the creaming curve. it simply means you produce from areas with more potential before considering others; let's not even compare potential reserves. in fact the Delta Soil around ugheli is 14km deep and the deepest well in Niger Delta is just about 6.8km

So if GMB wants to use Lake Chad Oil to settle BH, its up to him. However as it stands Nigeria oil production from lake Chad is 0bpd.
Now if people with the potential to produce say 100000bpd wants to break away,
Why should a region already producing over 2700000bpd stay in Nigeria?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nuel1647:
@cabayes
Thank God you agree our oil money should not be used to settle BH if it should not be used to settle militants.
The difference BTW GEJ and GMB is that GEJ came from an oil producing area, so no one can raise unnecessary eye brows over using oil money to settle youths rendered jobless by reckless oil production that has damaged lives, the environment and other resources.

Your dictionary definition of AMENSTY is immaterial, what you should be checking out is the Yaradua Administration definition of "The AMNESTY PROGRAM". What you think on this issue is irrelevant, you were not part of the people that came up with the definition that the Then President Yaradua and the Millitants agreed too. GEJ simply followed that definition in the five years he ruled, from acting President in February 2010 to May 29 2015. Check ur facts, AMNESTY was not a GEJ initiative.

As a petroleum engineer, I can tell you that Chad exports about 125000bpd of oil through a pipeline that runs through Cameroon. Nigeria has similar potential in that area, but compare that with 2400000bpd from Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom n Bayelsa alone. we call it the creaming curve. it simply means you produce from areas with more potential before considering others; let's not even compare potential reserves. in fact the Delta Soil around ugheli is 14km deep and the deepest well in Niger Delta is just about 6.8km

So if GMB wants to use Lake Chad Oil to settle BH, its up to him. However as it stands Nigeria oil production from lake Chad is 0bpd.
Now if people with the potential to produce say 100000bpd wants to break away,
Why should a region already producing over 2700000bpd stay in Nigeria?

What people don't understand is the level of biko haram. U really think those people will listen to any kind of peace. Don't compare militants and bokoharam. Besides biko haram has claimed alligence with ISIS who have a lotnof cash to fund terroriam. Besides Buhari is a former military man. I doubt if he will planning to give any form of amnesty. That would be a shame.........In others new any gist from NDDC?...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nuel1647:
@Raywise

I don't think Nigeria is caving in. we are just very impatient, easily swayed by rumours and very bad at choosing leaders. We have seen worse and still remained as one. However, I am not accomplished enough to answer your question on Militancy and Terrorism, So I will like to invite my Friends "CABAYES" and "VECHRIS10" to do the honours.

Especially considering the fact that GMB meet an empty Treasury. I wonder why he expected the Inept GEJ to store money for him.
lol me friend? That's good. Majority are seeing me as vilian tho all because we helped stop people trying to scam this thread. Na so I go comment another thread e remain small make one person commot my head there....lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.