Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247024 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
@raywise, I agree with your view on Terrorism.
I can also assure you that Boko Haram will not be given AMENSTY. in fact they have no reason for their agitations. if you don't like Western education, send your child to Islamic school n let others be.
The north east and north west don't contribute anything meaningful to the country. The bulk of their so called food production comes from the north central that has some reasonable amount of rain. Without the South especially the Igbos that lives there n the South south whose resources they squander, the north (west east n central) will just be a little better than Niger Republic). "even in Niger Republic, they don't support Terrorism".

I also agree that we will better manage ourselves if we divide.
However so long as there is Oil in the South - South, this country Nigeria would remain as one.

However Nigeria is better than Ghana even in terms of GDP per capital.
There are also more Ghanaians in Nigeria than Nigerians in Ghana n we are not making any noise about it. But Ghana has a better Constitution.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
vechris10:
lol me friend? That's good. Majority are seeing me as vilian tho all because we helped stop people trying to scam this thread. Na so I go comment another thread e remain small make one person commot my head there....lol
Hehehehe...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Light007: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
weomet:

Change your nationality too.
prov239
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ElSherriff: 7:18am On Jul 09, 2015
I have been on Nairaland just to look up news on NDDC scholarship and thank you to the genuine chaps who post sincere news for the update of those concerned.
I can reliably inform all that the list is still with the consultant, but not for long as they are done with their bit and will submit to the NDDC in the coming week.
The source also hinted that there are plenty candidates with high scores and the only way to be home and dry is when you score say 80-85/100, made a good B.Sc (for MSc. students) and come from a State with high quota (Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Cross River).
For those from low quota States (Edo, Imo, etc) then you must be very very high scoring to get into the merit list.
The final score is an aggregate of the CBT and Oral interview and people generally made lower oral interview grades (Common we all know how 'scanty' the sessions were in terms of depth and details from interviewers-in my case, i got an answer correctly and they shouted me down! they didnt even know the answer.).
As of now, if you do not fall into the merit category, my advice is for you to assume the worst and look forward-a pleasant surprise wont hurt you later.
Finally, the change agenda being preached by PMB has not gotten to the eggheads at NDDC as there is a high chance of 'Nigerianess' in the selection process. I just wish only people who indeed merit the scholarships eventually get them.
Finally, Ph.Ds stand a better chance of entering as overall Ph.D candidates are fewer than MSc. but then again, the Ph.D slots are fewer.
Peace be unto y'all. ElSherriff Al Farwaz.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by 00francis: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2015
Hello House,

From all indications and sources, the list is not ready yet. This year's award IF ANY will likely be like last year's timing.

Wondering why I used "if any"? Truth is the commission is cash strapped...and please don't counter with " it has been budgeted"...things can change in a second but the reality of things at the moment is not looking good. Please expect the worst and pray for a miracle.

If you are hopeful, please keep hope alive and expect serious delays...that way, you won't get your hopes dashed.

NB: Main thing I expect you all to deduce from this message is that its not looking good AT THE MOMENT.

Change is constant, hopefully there is change for the better.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2015
@ Elsheriff what u said is true in a way but not completely. I wil disagree wit u where u said ppl 4rm states wit low allocatns need 2 score xceptionally high 2 get in2 the merit list, wht u will say is ppl 4rm states wit high allocations hv more chances than their colleagues 4rm low states dependin on the performance of others 4rm same state or lga; it is structured in a way that slots are allocated 2 each state & the chances of somebody 4rm one state is totally independent of anoda 4rm the other states. For instance somebody wit a low score say 55/100 4rm a state with two slots but wit no othr person in his state scorin up 2 55(evn though low) stands a bettr chance than anoda person wit say 90/100 4rm a given state wit 20 slots with 30 persons scoring between 92-95 out of 100. 2ndly cross river is not among states wit high slots evn Imo & Edo have higher slots than cross river.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ElSherriff: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
ethene:
@ Elsheriff what u said is true in a way but not completely. I wil disagree wit u where u said ppl 4rm states wit low allocatns need 2 score xceptionally high 2 get in2 the merit list, wht u will say is ppl 4rm states wit high allocations hv more chances than their colleagues 4rm low states dependin on the performance of others 4rm same state or lga; it is structured in a way that slots are allocated 2 each state & the chances of somebody 4rm one state is totally independent of anoda 4rm the other states. For instance somebody wit a low score say 55/100 4rm a state with two slots but wit no othr person in his state scorin up 2 55(evn though low) stands a bettr chance than anoda person wit say 90/100 4rm a given state wit 20 slots with 30 persons scoring between 92-95 out of 100. 2ndly cross river is not among states wit high slots evn Imo & Edo have higher slots than cross river.

We are basically saying the same thing in different languages. Say I have scored 75 and am from a small quota state, my chances are slimmer than someone with 75 from a high quota State. So to even stand a chance, I need score exceptionally high to get into a merirt list with a general design. Say I score 92-95, irrespective of the quota in my State, I can get into the merit list. The merit list isnt State by State. Dunno what Cross-River has got, I was only quoting my source. Thanks Ethene.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Please!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by imoriafe: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Cebu:
Please when are supposed to get our award letters?

Correct question. When are we xpecting our award letters. Any1 wit a sbstantiak answer pls?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2015
perhaps, the real question should be: when will nddc conduct briefing? Award letters could be issued 1 or 2 weeks after briefing. Once you are invited for briefing, then you are 95% sure that you have won the scholarship.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
Realman87:
perhaps, the real question should be: when will nddc conduct briefing? Award letters could be issued 1 or 2 weeks after briefing. Once you are invited for briefing, then you are 95% sure that you have won the scholarship.

Award Letters will be given on the day of the pre-depature briefing, in front of TV Cameras and other journalist, to every scholar one by one.
When you are invited you are 100% sure you have gotten the scholarship, you can only be disqualified if you violate the scholarship conditions.

If the briefing take till like September, then I will advice that if you can change your resumption date to January or April of the next year.
Ideally, every scholar is suppose to take up the scholarship offer withing six months of receiving their letter in fact this statement is contained within the letter. But Last Year those scholars with programs having only September starts were allowed to differ their scholarship till September this year, and they were issued with new scholarship letters to aviod visa trouble.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Sincerely, I don't mean to complain but considering the short time between the CBT and the interview one would expect that we should have been invited for briefing by now, so that unsuccessfully applicants can look for alternative sponsorship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Kleopatraxy(f): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
@Nuel1647
Been trying to reach you on this very subject, but your yet to reply. How does one go about deferring his/her admission till next year and the scholarship for that matter if it comes late? Secondly, will your scholarship letter still be honoured seeing as everything is at a stand still now? (by that i'm asking if they've made provision for last year's "deferred scholars" or your fate is tied to the budget for this year's scholars)
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kleopatraxy:
@Nuel1647
Been trying to reach you on this very subject, but your yet to reply. How does one go about deferring his/her admission till next year and the scholarship for that matter if it comes late? Secondly, will your scholarship letter still be honoured seeing as everything is at a stand still now? (by that i'm asking if they've made provision for last year's "deferred scholars" or your fate is tied to the budget for this year's scholars)

Lol...if you applied through an agent you can instruct the agent to defer for you or you call the admission office in the UK to defer.sometimes they do it automatically for you (my experience).

As for deferring the scholarship, its possible to change the date on the letter but I doubt if its possible to change the amount since its fixed for that particular year awarded. You would be better informed during the briefing when you are successful. I'm only telling you this experience from a friend who got it last year and should be preparing for his visa as I write this. In his own case, the date was the only thing altered and it was done after the briefing last year.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kleopatraxy:

I replied the first time, maybe you should check ur spam folder.
To defer your admission, you simply ask your school. it's important as they will have to issue you with a new CAS letter with which you will apply for visa, if its the UK you want to study.
To defer your scholarship longer than the prescribed six months, you will have to file an application at NDDC headquarters, No 169 Aba Road PH.

Finally I don't understand what u mean by honoured and budget.
When Scholarships are awarded, they are part of the budget for the year they were awarded. in fact according to a senior NDDC Staff, they wait until they get all the money (in dollars) for every single scholar, before sending invitation for briefing. To buttress this point, the school fees of some scholars starting in Sept this year, was paid since February. So for MSc Scholars, there is no problem at all. They pay your school fees, most times before you even resume and pay you the rest BTW one to two months after your resumption.
I don't work for NDDC and so I really will not know much about how the PhD scholarship money is managed since their scholarship is paid over the three year period, adding up to 90,000 dollars. But even this year, PhD Scholars in their second and third year (with me here) have been paid as at when due.

From the look of things, The award letter you receive in addition to the acceptance letter you submit is enough to defend your entire scholarship fund, as money expended in the year it was awarded.

If there are other scholarship opportunities, apply for as many as possible. The condition for applying is "you are not eligible if you are already in possession of a scholarship". Answer the question now. Do you currently have any Scholarship?

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Mush: 12:11am On Jul 11, 2015
Hi guys, can any informed person pls help clarify, what exactly are the job description of the consultants(I assume marge education)? Are they the ones that put the list together and sends to NDDC? And do you think they might be biase to applicants who used their service in securing their admission(as I was aware that some applicants used them in getting their admissions)..then do you think using a conditional admission puts the applicant at a loss(as was my case at the time)...thanks! let's be hopeful and positive still tho ....
NB': have you guys seen the news about Directors at the Min. Of Niger Delta being investigated for some hundreds of millions naira fraud...I hope this doesn't affect our own parole sha...tk care guys.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Kleopatraxy(f): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2015
@nuel1647
Thanks....well explained. No...I do not currently av any scholarship. Asking pertinent questions as d briefing invite is taking longer dan expected.

@cabayes....I see, thanks for the info.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mush:

Hi guys, can any informed person pls help clarify, what exactly are the job description of the consultants(I assume marge education)? Are they the ones that put the list together and sends to NDDC? And do you think they might be biase to applicants who used their service in securing their admission(as I was aware that some applicants used them in getting their admissions)..then do you think using a conditional admission puts the applicant at a loss(as was my case at the time)...thanks! let's be hopeful and positive still tho ....
NB': have you guys seen the news about Directors at the Min. Of Niger Delta being investigated for some hundreds of millions naira fraud...I hope this doesn't affect our own parole sha...tk care guys.

I don't really know the job of those consultant but its possible they can have slots for candidates. The thing is that nddc has the final say on the list. Its possible they have slots for special candidates. Just pray you find favour where ever you seek.

As for the ministry of Niger delta, nddc and some other state governers, the efcc need to recover some loot from these parasites that hamper development in the region.
Did you read the news where oshiomole promised nddc that fg would support them with funds. The recovery of loot from the corrupt ones may be of benefict to us. Do you know that its possible to use scholarship schemes like this as an opportunity to loot??
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
cabayes:

I don't really know the job of those consultant but its possible they can have slots for candidates. The thing is that nddc has the final say on the list. Its possible they have slots for special candidates. Just pray you find favour where ever you seek.

As for the ministry of Niger delta, nddc and some other state governers, the efcc need to recover some loot from these parasites that hamper development in the region.
Did you read the news where oshiomole promised nddc that fg would support them with funds. The recovery of loot from the corrupt ones may be of benefict to us. Do you know that its possible to use scholarship schemes like this as an opportunity to loot??
B4 nko
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
I really think we should desist from all these looting and corruption talk and put more faith in the system and process.
What we want is the Scholarship so let's beleive we will get it in the end.

Nigerians calling EFCC should tell me how much it recovered from
Yerima, Cecilia Ibru, Demaji Bankole, Farouk Lawan, IG Balogun, Mike Adenuja, Patricia Eteh, Rotimi Amechi (as Speaker), Lucky Igbenedion, James Ibori, etc. These are all people that have been detained for at least one day in the past, n not even one naira came out from their detention, in fact less than 10% of their so called loots was recovered at the end of court cases in some of these cases. All these EFCC stories are just some actions by over zealous men, made popular by politicians for the sole purpose of deceiving gullible Nigerians en-route to achieving their selfish ambitions. Lets Face it, Everyone should be presumed Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Even after a Guilty verdict, there is no guarantee that funds will be recovered, neither is there any way a prison sentence of someone I don't know will make life better for me. What we need are Laws to keep the Goat away from the Yam, however the problem is that the National Assembly required to make such laws, Contain so many Goats that beleive eating Yam is their God given Right.

NDDC is established by law, in fact 3% of all operating expenditure of oil and gas companies operating in the Niger Delta region (not under a task break) MUST be paid to NDDC. it also has allocations from Niger Delta States as well as the Federal Govt.

However there is no law saying NDDC must give out Scholarships yearly. So please let us leave NDDC and their consultants to do their part. If you have any questions whatsoever, 169 Aba Road PH is in Nigeria, you can go there or send a mail to the consultant.

Let's not let the waiting get the better part of us. In fact I also beleive that things should not take this long esp as its not the first time NDDC is doing it. But waiting doesn't kill. When there is any new info, beleive me you'll all find out here or from other sources on the internet.

Finally I will like to wish all prospective scholars Congratulations in Advance.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dongreat(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2015
Guy am so sorry to say that am very disappointed in your comment. Nddc is a flawed organisation dominated by majority with intent to loot. I for 1 is an example of how the system rob me. I applied with a first class degree from a top UK university "pharmaceutical science" per se,n wasn't selected n wen I went to inquire why they gave me folly excuses while my friend with a 3rd was called and... One more thing it's NDDC priority to sponsor potential graduate as her budget Is capable of sponsoring 1000 graduate but looting limit it. It's our rights to benefit from NDDC, as a part of Niger delta. And if you happen to work there cos u sound like such. I mean everything I just typed.
Nuel1647:
I really think we should desist from all these looting and corruption talk and put more faith in the system and process.
What we want is the Scholarship so let's beleive we will get it in the end.

Nigerians calling EFCC should tell me how much it recovered from
Yerima, Cecilia Ibru, Demaji Bankole, Farouk Lawan, IG Balogun, Mike Adenuja, Patricia Eteh, Rotimi Amechi (as Speaker), Lucky Igbenedion, James Ibori, etc. These are all people that have been detained for at least one day in the past, n not even one naira came out from their detention, in fact less than 10% of their so called loots was recovered at the end of court cases in some of these cases. All these EFCC stories are just some actions by over zealous men, made popular by politicians for the sole purpose of deceiving gullible Nigerians en-route to achieving their selfish ambitions. Lets Face it, Everyone should be presumed Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Even after a Guilty verdict, there is no guarantee that funds will be recovered, neither is there any way a prison sentence of someone I don't know will make life better for me. What we need are Laws to keep the Goat away from the Yam, however the problem is that the National Assembly required to make such laws, Contain so many Goats that beleive eating Yam is their God given Right.

NDDC is established by law, in fact 3% of all operating expenditure of oil and gas companies operating in the Niger Delta region (not under a task break) MUST be paid to NDDC. it also has allocations from Niger Delta States as well as the Federal Govt.

However there is no law saying NDDC must give out Scholarships yearly. So please let us leave NDDC and their consultants to do their part. If you have any questions whatsoever, 169 Aba Road PH is in Nigeria, you can go there or send a mail to the consultant.

Let's not let the waiting get the better part of us. In fact I also beleive that things should not take this long esp as its not the first time NDDC is doing it. But waiting doesn't kill. When there is any new info, beleive me you'll all find out here or from other sources on the internet.

Finally I will like to wish all prospective scholars Congratulations in Advance.

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Dongreat:
Guy am so sorry to say that am very disappointed in your comment. Nddc is a flawed organisation dominated by majority with intent to loot. I for 1 is an example of how the system rob me. I applied with a first class degree from a top UK university "pharmaceutical science" per se,n wasn't selected n wen I went to inquire why they gave me folly excuses while my friend with a 3rd was called and... One more thing it's NDDC priority to sponsor potential graduate as her budget Is capable of sponsoring 1000 graduate but looting limit it. It's our rights to benefit from NDDC, as a part of Niger delta. And if you happen to work there cos u sound like such. I mean everything I just typed.

My Friend, you are entitled to your own Opinion.
I have my own experience too. I finished serving, in fact I submitted the prototype design of the telescope that was eventually used in Nigeria Sat 2, I also finished with first class. There was one slot available for employment, n they gave it to a person that finished with the equivalent of a Nigerian third class from a top UK university. This guy did nothing and was always watching film during working hours.
In fact what you said makes me happy, n finishing with first class is not a guarantee for anything.
NDDC can sponsor up to 2000 scholars if they want to, but that is not the only thing they do with their money. Again benefiting from them is your right but that doesn't mean you must benefit through the scholarship scheme. There are other ways you are already benefiting if you Live in the Niger Delta.

To get the scholarship, there are many conditions you must meet. If your friend comes from an oil producing community n happens to be the only one from his/her local government that passed the exams n interview, will they not give it to him? Do you know the performance of other people from your area? Did NDDC not give someone from your area Scholarship that year?

All these talk of looting without evidence is very wrong. It is Nigerians like you that gives Nigeria a bad Name.

Finally, I also had this friend that finished from a foreign University n applied for the scholarship. in my case I was asked just one easy current affairs question. They asked this guy like five very difficult current affairs questions that I honestly don't think was fair. Combining that with your experience, it seems like having a foreign degree is actually a disadvantage. What I mean is that; this is a Scheme that wants to give people foreign education n better training abroad, something you already possess.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dongreat(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2015
Now let's forget about the degree achieved and oil producing state cos am from burutu LG, Delta State n u know about her oil production. Can u say within your church mind or mosque or even ur atheist mind that the organisation is not corrupt. Even the churches in Nigeria are corrupt. As long as it's Nigeria, every and I mean every is corrupt, as it's part of the culture. Nddc was a nice idea by the then baba to Niger delta but our so called corrupt leaders here destabilise it. It's not been proven yet as a result of corrupt n incompetent EFCC. If a genuine probe is done on the organisation by a foreign body like the FBI, u will swallow your stance on them. And no I don't give Nigeria a bad name, cos she's already bad even before I was born. While studying in the UK, I told my foreign friends where am from n the looks on their face. Cos all they know about the country is people synonymous with fraud, looting, reckless spending and nitwit leaders.
Nuel1647:

My Friend, you are entitled to your own Opinion.
I have my own experience too. I finished serving, in fact I submitted the prototype design of the telescope that was eventually used in Nigeria Sat 2, I also finished with first class. There was one slot available for employment, n they gave it to a person that finished with the equivalent of a Nigerian third class from a top UK university. This guy did nothing and was always watching film during working hours.
In fact what you said makes me happy, n finishing with first class is not a guarantee for anything.
NDDC can sponsor up to 2000 scholars if they want to, but that is not the only thing they do with their money. Again benefiting from them is your right but that doesn't mean you must benefit through the scholarship scheme. There are other ways you are already benefiting if you Live in the Niger Delta.

To get the scholarship, there are many conditions you must meet. If your friend comes from an oil producing community n happens to be the only one from his/her local government that passed the exams n interview, will they not give it to him? Do you know the performance of other people from your area? Did NDDC not give someone from your area Scholarship that year?

All these talk of looting without evidence is very wrong. It is Nigerians like you that gives Nigeria a bad Name.

Finally, I also had this friend that finished from a foreign University n applied for the scholarship. in my case I was asked just one easy current affairs question. They asked this guy like five very difficult current affairs questions that I honestly don't think was fair. Combining that with your experience, it seems like having a foreign degree is actually a disadvantage. What I mean is that; this is a Scheme that wants to give people foreign education n better training abroad, something you already possess.

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 10:38am On Jul 13, 2015
@Dongreat
I am also from Delta.
It is corruption to say something is corrupt without evidence
Your Feelings about NDDC doesn't make it Corrupt
Even the FBI has been Proven to be corrupt
I don't have any feelings, mind or what ever towards NDDC because I don't have any evidence n doing so without evidence is simply a waste of time.

Now if you give something a good Name, people at the helm are under pressure to maintain their reputation as well as that of the firm, organisation, country, etc. When u give a dog a bad Name, u hang it. Thus Nobody can insult my country in my presence because a good Name is better than riches. If you give NDDC a bad Name, then there is no pressure on them to do the right thing.

Considering your conviction, I don't think Nigeria can ever be good in your eyes. If I had your conviction, I will try to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. What have you done to change things? What solutions do you propose? What is the way forward?, talk about solutions n not corruption.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dongreat(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
I admire your patriotism but I have been there before and even wore the t-shirt. You love for the country has blinded you about the reality of the state. The laws are written by them to favour them. Now ask y an organisation like nddc cannot release the scholarship list b4 resumption of schools, thus making scholars look stupid n unimportant. Most British schools n even the embassy knows how incompetent NDDC is. After getting the scholarship, scholars still suffering there as a result of lack or failure to release upkeep funds, making them borrow, harassed by their landlords, squart with friends n other despicable experience. Mate, I love n respect Nigeria, honestly, but I hate with passion her system. Concerning contribution, bookmark my name for the future, it will surprise u in a few years time. Good luck to you n pray u don't get disappointed even after awarding u the scholarship by them GODLY, HONEST, COMPETENT & Non CORRUPT NDDC
Nuel1647:
@Dongreat
I am also from Delta.
It is corruption to say something is corrupt without evidence
Your Feelings about NDDC doesn't make it Corrupt
Even the FBI has been Proven to be corrupt
I don't have any feelings, mind or what ever towards NDDC because I don't have any evidence n doing so without evidence is simply a waste of time.

Now if you give something a good Name, people at the helm are under pressure to maintain their reputation as well as that of the firm, organisation, country, etc. When u give a dog a bad Name, u hang it. Thus Nobody can insult my country in my presence because a good Name is better than riches. If you give NDDC a bad Name, then there is no pressure on them to do the right thing.

Considering your conviction, I don't think Nigeria can ever be good in your eyes. If I had your conviction, I will try to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. What have you done to change things? What solutions do you propose? What is the way forward?, talk about solutions n not corruption.

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
@ Dongreat
With all due respect, you have not been where I was. You that have foreign BSc, I will live it at that.
Living in Nigeria requires that you rise above numerous challenges that confronts you.
It's our tenacity, courage, never say die attitude and the believe that "e go beta tomorrow" that is our most distinguishing traits as Nigerians not our patriotism, certainly not patriotism. I am not even half as patriotic as the average European or American.
"Concerning contribution, bookmark my name for the future, it will surprise u in a few years time" - Now that's the Spirit, I was beginning to think you are not a Nigerian.
Wish you all the best in your future endeavour.
Cheers
Let's hope NDDC release this year Scholarship quickly.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nuel1647:
@ Dongreat
With all due respect, you have not been where I was. You that have foreign BSc, I will live it at that.
Living in Nigeria requires that you rise above numerous challenges that confronts you.
It's our tenacity, courage, never say die attitude and the believe that "e go beta tomorrow" that is our most distinguishing traits as Nigerians not our patriotism, certainly not patriotism. I am not even half as patriotic as the average European or American.
"Concerning contribution, bookmark my name for the future, it will surprise u in a few years time" - Now that's the Spirit, I was beginning to think you are not a Nigerian.
Cheers

How sure are we they will even give scholarships this year?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dongreat(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
smiley I studied microbiology at the university of Port Harcourt for 2 years b4 relocating as a result of cult problem. I know the hardship cos I had 4 carry-over because I refuse to bribe the lectures involved n I still remember their names n face. But I forgive them. The "he go better" mentality should be stopped with immediate effect I forbid it cos it's the reason y 5% of the population enjoy a national wealth meant 4 all. Continue such mentally will only reduce our rights n thus passing the touch of inequality to our future generations.

U are nice guy but don't hope much on Nigeria system for now, trust me on dis . U will end up becoming not u, if u understand. I have people there, given birth to one n I detest their contribution n corruption including my family members.
Nuel1647:
@ Dongreat
Cheers
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dongreat(m): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
They will. But expect it late, very late. Expect it very late.
elnino2015:

How sure are we they will even give scholarships this year?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
If nddc will give a PARTIAL scholarship 'very late', then there is a 'very big' problem with the system. A 'problem' far bigger than we know. God help Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.