Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (247002 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by laidback(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
I'm still trying to get the import of these arguments, but what do I know, I didn't even finish with 3rd class. Infact I didn't finish school.

NDDC abeg do the needful biko...

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
laidback:

I'm still trying to get the import of these arguments, but what do I know, I didn't even finish with 3rd class. Infact I didn't finish school.

NDDC abeg do the needful biko...
Biko NDDC.
Before some peoples world comes to an end
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Realman87:
If nddc will give a PARTIAL scholarship 'very late', then there is a 'very big' problem with the system. A 'problem' far bigger than we know. God help Nigeria.
NDDC gives 30,000 USD. It can be full if your school fees allows it. They will give u that money even if you go to Norway where there is no school fees.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nuel1647:

NDDC gives 30,000 USD. It can be full if your school fees allows it. They will give u that money even if you go to Norway where there is no school fees.

really?

What of Germany?

With this delay, scholars might have to leave January/April. Will NDDC accept a German Admission?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
NDDC will give Norway
Wish I knew Dat...
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
geobukky:
NDDC will give Norway
Wish I knew Dat...

Norwegian Masters is 2 years and they only have August/September entry. From the look of things, successful scholars should be looking out January/April entry next year. So Norway is not even feasible now.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Norway admission comes out like April. you need to apply by January or latest early February, same with Canada. even though MSc takes two years, in one case no school fees in the other, u will have a compulsory job to cover your school fees n instant scholarship to cover the difference BTW local n foreign students. I have friends in Canada, Norway and Sweden. I believe they will also accept Germany.
The reason majority of students go to the UK is because its easier to go there, No application fee, admission is all year round, etc. however they will collect that money during visa application.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nuel1647:

I appreciate your contributions on this forum.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
Realman87:

I appreciate your contributions on this forum.
Yea.. He drops d facts like nukes
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nuel1647:
Norway admission comes out like April. you need to apply by January or latest early February, same with Canada. even though MSc takes two years, in one case no school fees in the other, u will have a compulsory job to cover your school fees n instant scholarship to cover the difference BTW local n foreign students. I have friends in Canada, Norway and Sweden. I believe they will also accept Germany.
The reason majority of students go to the UK is because its easier to go there, No application fee, admission is all year round, etc. however they will collect that money during visa application.

There are plenty factors to consider when deciding on how to use the 30000 USD from nddc. The gospel truth is that your financial back up would determine how you use it within the short period of time. The depreciation of naira isn't helping the scholarship funds.

From my own personal research, UK seems to be the best option if you consider the financial implications. Canada, usa, Australia seem to be quite expensive with nddc funds. As for Norway Sweden and Germany. You have to show at least 8000 euros per year (do the math for 2 yrs in naira)for maintainance money.processing time Language and visa issues may become another barrier.
As for USA and Canada, the average low ranked school is about 12000 usd a year, USA is quite expensive than the Canadian dollar. You need to show/have atleast 8-10usd a year for maintanance apart from tuition. I do not support the folks that would tell you there is job to hustle for the rest. Another thing to consider is visa assurance. Hope you have your tofel and GRE scores and some other documents if asked.

Australia would have been my dream destination, for a 2yr MSC it cost 35k aud per annum. Living expenses is 15k per annum. Its the best for folks with strong financial backing. Its English speaking and post study opportunities are higher. Some folks would say Canada but they sometimes ask if Canadian working experience.

As for UK, the nddc money would pay your tuition and cover some part of your accommodation and feeding if your tuition is as low as 13k and you studying outside london . the left over would be less than what you would need for other countries except Germany (depending on your cash at hand).

In summary, your financial power would really determine how you would use the scholarship money. Nothing is free or cheap in my own opinion

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2015
@ Realman87 n geobukky thanks.
@cabayes
for Canada, n Europe (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Netherland, Germany, etc) you only need to show prove of funds for one year, in any case the 30000 USD is enough for the entire two years. in Canada n Scandinavian countries u can work continuously during the six harsh, dark, winter months.
in the countries I have listed, you can do your masters in English.
I don't know much about Australia. I don't know anyone with NDDC scholarship in the US but I heard its possible. people living there tell me that it's possible, in fact u only need to show prove of funds for six months. in the US n Canada you don't have to come back.
For US Canada n Scandinavian Countries, it would be difficult to get admission without things like GRE, Tofel, etc.
Now to our good old UK.
It is not the cheapest, not by a long shot.
It is the easiest. for many reasons.
NDDC needs you to provide admission letter for application by say feburary, Those people give you admission by April, now if u somehow manage to apply n pass, you have to resume in August, when the scholarship might not have been announced, so you have to wait till next year, risking your scholarship in the process.
MSc in the UK is just one year.
They speak English inside and outside the school. In some of those countries where the MSc is in English, job is difficult because outside the school you have to speak something else.
Racism is worse than in the UK.
the list goes on.
Oh the premier league, the EPL, ohh my love.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Nuel1647:
@cabayes
for Canada, n Europe (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Netherland, Germany, etc) you only need to show prove of funds for one year, in any case the 30000 USD is enough for the entire two years. in Canada n Scandinavian countries u can work continuously during the six harsh, dark, winter months.
I don't know much about Australia. I don't know anyone with NDDC scholarship in the US but I heard its possible. people living there tell me that it's possible, in fact u only need to show prove of funds for six months. in the US n Canada you don't have to come back.
For US Canada n Scandinavian Countries, it would be difficult to get admission without things like GRE, Tofel, etc.
Now to our good old UK.
NDDC needs you to provide admission letter for application by say feburary, Those people give you admission by April, now if u somehow manage to apply n pass, you have to resume in August, when the scholarship might not have been announced, so you have to wait till next year, risking your scholarship in the process.
They speak English inside and outside the school. In some of those countries where the MSc is in English, job is difficult because outside the school you have to speak something else.
the list goes lol
In Us they even give international student loans...lol u don't have to come back
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nuel1647:
@cabayes
Now to our good old UK.
the list goes on.

Boss, please help me clarify this:

Can someone be issued a German study visa with NDDC award letter? I mean without the person providing the required €8000 for Student Visa. Do you know anyone who has gone through such process before and got his/her visa?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na poverty de cause all these ones. If man pickin get moni person 4 don go sponsor himself instead of waiting 4 nddc fuccking scholarship that one may not evn get at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
elnino2015:

Boss, please help me clarify this:

Can someone be issued a German study visa with NDDC award letter? I mean without the person providing the required €8000 for Student Visa. Do you know anyone who has gone through such process before and got his/her visa?

YES. 30,000 USD is currently 27,000 euro. NDDC award letter is all the proof u need.
It's even easier if u can speak their language.
I don't know of anyone that has even attempted it. but for Norway where the required fee is 9000 euro, I know someone that got a visa. know as in we were awarded the Scholarship in thesame year n his is preparing to leave by august this year.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Redfox(m): 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Research, Data Analysis, Project & Dissertation

Earthlings! a closer look.

Redfox Solution Statistical/investment and Econometric packages We offer project/dissertation/thesis writing assistance to student/researchers. With the use of softwares like SPSS, Eviews,PcGive, STATA,Matlab,SQL, VBA and Microsoft Excel forecasting, financial and investment(currency & fixed income) analytic. Don't compromise quality for anything in the world. Call for research assistance.

Quantitative Risk*
Panel Data*
Forecasting*
Bands*
In-depth Dissertation & Thesis Advisory Aid*
Data Analytics Support*
Financial Regression*
Data Mining*
VBA Master*
Advanced Excel Simulation*
Foreign Exchange Trading & Modeling*
MBA Research@the Tip*
Financial Markets*

Kingsley
Redfox
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
ethene:
Na poverty de cause all these ones. If man pickin get moni person 4 don go sponsor himself instead of waiting 4 nddc fuccking scholarship that one may not evn get at the end of the day.

To some extent, i agree with you about one sponsoring oneself. it's not poverty per se. Many people are very comfortable but just cannot afford N4.5million for school fees overseas and another 2.4million for living expenses. The sad part of it is that Nigerians' respect foreign degree holders more than nigerian degree holders.

About nddc scholarship, one must remember that a masters degree or going abroad doesn't guarantee success in life. In present day Nigeria, the key to success and wealth is entepreneurship. But enterpreneurship has numerous challenges, thus, is not for the feeble minded. it is for 'risk takers'. Masters and ph.d holders are too small in comparison to entepreneurs who have made it.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 3:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Realman87:

To some extent, i agree with you about one sponsoring oneself. it's not poverty per se. Many people are very comfortable but just cannot afford N4.5million for school fees overseas and another 2.4million for living expenses. The sad part of it is that Nigerians' respect foreign degree holders more than nigerian degree holders.

About nddc scholarship, one must remember that a masters degree or going abroad doesn't guarantee success in life. In present day Nigeria, the key to success and wealth is entepreneurship. But enterpreneurship has numerous challenges, thus, is not for the feeble minded. it is for 'risk takers'. Masters and ph.d holders are too small in comparison to entepreneurs who have made it.
I agree but masters and PhD could be a backup. And where else are entrepreneurs born more than the UK and Canada and US? Various opportunities. Me I got admission for Masters of Engineering (not MSC) in US. The school is already sending us mails on entrepreneurship that if u have ideas that need harnessing that u should start now. That they av major alumni network that can help. They sending documents on business and Managemnt . Nowadays a masters degree is quite necessary even for future entrepreneurs. Depending on ur line of work. I mean we all know of Chinedu Echeruo's Hopstop.com that was purchased by apple for 1 billion dollars. Guess where he did his MBA?.......Harvard
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
vechris10:
I agree but masters and PhD could be a backup. And where else are entrepreneurs born more than the UK and Canada and US? Various opportunities. Me I got admission for Masters of Engineering (not MSC) in US. The school is already sending us mails on entrepreneurship that if u have ideas that need harnessing that u should start now. That they av major alumni network that can help. They sending documents on business and Managemnt . Nowadays a masters degree is quite necessary even for future entrepreneurs. Depending on ur line of work. I mean we all know of Chinedu Echeruo's Hopstop.com that was purchased by apple for 1 billion dollars. Guess where he did his MBA?.......Harvard

coolAll those making it 'entrepreneurship or not' had top class education even Bola tinubu *politics* schooled in Chicago and was best in his class

Ntin beats knowledge
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
vechris10:

You are very correct. "Nowadays a masters degree is QUITE necessary for even future entrepreneurs. Depending on your line of work". As for me, i need the masters degree only for back up. I have some ideas to pursue. I hope you also have yours since your school is there to support.

http://www.punchng.com/education/vc-preaches-self-employment-to-youths/
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
am just sitting er' praying that God will touch em' & open the way for diz skolaship to come thru....
ayamTayad....
& for my school I need to start maintaining akount balanace by the end of the month *phew*

For you all applying to different skulz I think you need to consider going to top schoolz. That's the only way to get a really good job at the end of your year!!!
Don't ''chop'' the balance & come back home to start job searching, when you could have easily gone to a top skul & come out to recoop all that doe in 3 months.

No need for penny wise & pound foolish!!!

#peaceOut #bless
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
girliygirly:
am just sitting er' praying that God will touch em' & open the way for diz skolaship to come thru....
ayamTayad....
& for my school I need to start maintaining akount balanace by the end of the month *phew*

For you all applying to different skulz I think you need to consider going to top schoolz. That's the only way to get a really good job at the end of your year!!!
Don't ''chop'' the balance & come back home to start job searching, when you could have easily gone to a top skul & come out to recoop all that doe in 3 months.

No need for penny wise & pound foolish!!!

#peaceOut #bless

Pls learn to type "full and complete" words, this is a public forum, you are not chatting with your boyfriend. angry

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
vechris10:
In Us they even give international student loans...lol u don't have to come back

Yes, you will not come back and continue doing menial jobs until you get working visa or green card (that is if you see wife marry). That one no be life my brother.

@girliygirly this scholarship thing you waiting for is likely to show up by October we just passing time to see whether things may improve before then.
The post study opportunities are very important when choosing a destination for MSC.

Who tell you say masters go get you good job even if you go top school ?? Let me tell you about the experience of a friend of mine who got a job years after his masters in a top business school abroad.
After his msc he found out that he was no longer eligible for the competitive graduate trainee/ entry level jobs due to the age factor. He found out it was only through his niche and networking power that could land him his desired job. He finally got the job and is fulfilled to be working in his desired field with the help of his masters.
My point is do not do it for the sake of better job prospect or you may end up frustrated if you have poor networking skills in your niche/field. Just do it for the love of the subject/knowledge and international experience.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
cabayes:

Yes, you will not come back and continue doing menial jobs until you get working visa or green card (that is if you see wife marry). That one no be life my brother.

@girliygirly this scholarship thing you waiting for is likely to show up by October we just passing time to see whether things may improve before then.
The post study opportunities are very important when choosing a destination for MSC.

Who tell you say masters go get you good job even if you go top school ?? Let me tell you about the experience of a friend of mine who got a job years after his masters in a top business school abroad.
After his msc he found out that he was no longer eligible for the competitive graduate trainee/ entry level jobs due to the age factor. He found out it was only through his niche and networking power that could land him his desired job. He finally got the job and is fulfilled to be working in his desired field with the help of his masters.
My point is do not do it for the sake of better job prospect or you may end up frustrated if you have poor networking skills in your niche/field. Just do it for the love of the subject/knowledge and international experience.
lol I have plenty freiend s that got jobs immediately. Have a good play you will be fine. My friend above me in university went to MIT and is now working in Google. People dont plan. Besides most schools in US u can work and while going to school. From there u do ur internship and ur OK from there. If a US bank is willing to give u a loan when ur going for IVY league? Go for it and don't look back. U gonna take chances.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by vechris10: 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
cabayes:

U can do it for better job. Clearly ur friend didn't have relevant experience. If u go for summer internship at good companies. There are high chances of those companies retaining u. This is for Canada and US. I don't know how UK works that much. Part of the reason my school took me was cause of my work experience. During my Skype interview the lady said she likes the fact that I am alreadying working that it will favour me a lot during internship and job seeking. So yes u can have a dream of getting a better job when ur going for ur masters.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
vechris10:
U can do it for better job. Clearly ur friend didn't have relevant experience. If u go for summer internship at good companies. There are high chances of those companies retaining u. This is for Canada and US. I don't know how UK works that much. Part of the reason my school took me was cause of my work experience. During my Skype interview the lady said she likes the fact that I am alreadying working that it will favour me a lot during internship and job seeking. So yes u can have a dream of getting a better job when ur going for ur masters.

Thank God you said its a dream. What course and school is that ?? I didn't do skype interview but it seems they want they want to confirm what you wrote on your personal statement.my department keep sending me mails about the course content and Summer work.
When you talking about internship, are you inferring that 60 units out of 180 units would qualify you for a placement/project in lieu of dissertation?/

For example, in my course content there are 3 options to consider when choosing the final 60 unit.
1.placement and project
The unit will provide opportunities for students to gain and develop employability skills through a period of work experience with an industrial or research partner, such as within the University or with an external company. The student gains from having the opportunity to work in an organisation and being treated as a professional, while the employer gains from having access to skills and expertise. Importantly, this period in the work place should also provide an opportunity for the design (through completion of the project proposal) and data collection stages of the student dissertation project in collaboration with a University academic and mentor from the company or research partner. This unit is available to an MSc student who is offered a work experience opportunity that has the approval of the University. Other project units are available to those students not undertaking work experience.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 6:25am On Jul 15, 2015
Raywise:
Currently, In Ghana, there is a radio signal calling Nigeria zoo bcs of her corruptions, frauds, cheats, illegality, northernization agenda, terrorism, bokorharamism, negligence, killings, genocide of biafran women and children by mindless nigerians and u re here looking and waiting for unrealistic scholarship. Honestly, the signal is strong on skype and whatsup!! Now i knw the owners of nigeria is the biafrans.....not yoruba or hausa i had tot of. Nigeria will break up soon. But that is best for them bcs of ur perpetual sufferings and Educational system putrifaction. Wow!!
Nigeria will not breakup. We are Nigerians because we face all the things u listed n still succeed.
With all these, we are the 20th largest economy by GDP n PPP.
Imagine where we would be when we get our acts right.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Oh really? Please if u ''kant'' make out d words scroll past.
This is not face book & u don't have to comment on everything dat u see!!!

btw am an 8.0 band in IELTS writing...........
try telling the Brits i ''kant'' type ''full & complete words''

i bet u nag at ERRYBODY around u!!!

elnino2015:

Pls learn to type "full and complete" words, this is a public forum, you are not chatting with your boyfriend. angry
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Dear Cabayes,

i have me enough international experience & networking. After all of that I need to eat & pay for my house....
I NEED a good job after my MSC bruh... I kant gain knowledge & not use it to acquire me some bread.
I know nerds who have absolutely no networking skillz...
bruh they earning BIG TIME!!! I am a realist & earning is the reason for my learning. Person gats eat na...
I no fit shout

cabayes:

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2015
verchris no be so eh!!!!
i did an internship in London. I finished just last year & guess what? dey won't retain you for ANY reason especially if you Nigerian without dual citizenship. All the companies be like ''we regret to inform you that after careful consideration we will not be proceeding with your application''
''reason: You need to provide proof that you have working rights in the UK for us to proceed with your application''
If you don't have a ''Leave to remain'' visa or a british passport or you are not an EU national, fogerrit....
I however have a peculiar case of my best friend who happened to be retained in his US company but UK nothing for you. my guy has a masters from a top university, so retaining him was easier after internship
Now am reasoning that US sef.

vechris10:

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.