Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (246890 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by eddd: 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone.
Pls I need some info 4rm anyone who has a good knowledge abt d procedure of applying 4 Nddc scholarship. what I really want 2 knw is if it is mandatory 4 one 2 have been offered admission by an overseas university b4 one can apply? D talk of choosing a university 4rm nddc list is getting me confused i.e is dis step b4 or after application 4 d scholarship? I knw one of d requirement stated is dat one must have been offered admission by an overseas university...just wondering if there's any way around dis.

Pls nairalanders I need ur expert advice. I'm hoping 2 apply dis year.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by baresi22: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2016
eddd:
Hi everyone.
Pls I need some info 4rm anyone who has a good knowledge abt d procedure of applying 4 Nddc scholarship. what I really want 2 knw is if it is mandatory 4 one 2 have been offered admission by an overseas university b4 one can apply? D talk of choosing a university 4rm nddc list is getting me confused i.e is dis step b4 or after application 4 d scholarship? I knw one of d requirement stated is dat one must have been offered admission by an overseas university...just wondering if there's any way around dis.

Pls nairalanders I need ur expert advice. I'm hoping 2 apply dis year.

It is advisable that you get admission before applying because your course that u filled in the application is what will be used to ask you questions if you eventually make it to the interview stage.You can get admission in some u.k schools within days.On the application process,the mandatory things are marked,I remember vividly that u must fill your MSC course and institution.In the same vein,it is also advisable to use nddc school because nddc money does not usually come immediately your school starts.If it is those schools that they have MOU with,they will not bother you.However,it is not compulsory to go with the nddc schools.The scholarship is worth 30k usd,hence,you should also take that into consideration in your search for schools.Finally,you need not know anyone to get the scholarship because not only that I am a testimony to that but also I know many that knew nobody.GOOD LUCK
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by eddd: 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
baresi22:

It is advisable that you get admission before applying because your course that u filled in the application is what will be used to ask you questions if you eventually make it to the interview stage.You can get admission in some u.k schools within days.On the application process,the mandatory things are marked,I remember vividly that u must fill your MSC course and institution.In the same vein,it is also advisable to use nddc school because nddc money does not usually come immediately your school starts.If it is those schools that they have MOU with,they will not bother you.However,it is not compulsory to go with the nddc schools.The scholarship is worth 30k usd,hence,you should also take that into consideration in your search for schools.Finally,you need not know anyone to get the scholarship because not only that I am a testimony to that but also I know many that knew nobody.GOOD LUCK
I'm indeed grateful 4 dis piece of advice. It goes a long way, trust me. God bless u.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by AceBeauti(f): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
OtseD:

I started in september and as at first week in December NDDC had not paid the fees and my school contacted me saying i might have to arrange payment, I contacted NDDC and mine was being processed as i was among the first few people to start in september and was told by January it Should be paid. My School confirmed this afterwards that they are processing a payment from NDDC. So i Guess it takes a while but I am not sure if it will take that long for people starting in January because i think all the money is released around the same time. I am not sure how the sacking will affect this though, hopefully it wouldnt.

Congrats,

Please what contact did you use in contacting nddc because I've sent several mails as regards my tuition fees but no response still.

Thanks
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Reddit: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
iphyconsult:
A good advice,..same applicable to me oo. No mail to present to school to back up the assurance of payment. Award letter was dated July, 2015. All words is "we will get to your school once it has been approved". Which approval again after award letter? No fixed date to present to school.
,hmm,....better Nigeria!

I think I'm in similar situation here, mine is even worse because I've not got any feedback from nddc.

Please what contact did you use in contacting nddc because I've sent several mails as regards my tuition fees but no response still.

Thanks
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Dynssy: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
I understand the frustrations we are all going through ( I mean, I'm in similar shoe). But I think that saying the scholarship is punishment is not entirely fair to the scheme. Agreed, we're facing a really tough time. It doesn't help when we interact with PTDF, TETSFUND, Commonwealth and Chevening scholars. But truth remains that for those of us who desired quality education to break the barriers set by our Nigerian degrees, this is indeed an opportunity.

The schools will only send threatening emails, but they won't shut you out. they'll charge u extras for falling short on your accomodation fee installments, but they won't throw you out on the streets. It's actually kinda tougher for those in private accomodations as landlords might not smile ( mortgage calls). But most landlords understand if u explain to them.

What u should do is get a job. If u work ur full 20hrs, u should have more than enough to pay your rent and something left to feed with ( even if you're paid minimum wage). If you're having difficulties getting a job, look at ur CV again and remove anything that might over-qualify u for the role for which you're applying.

I really hope this helps someone.

I have to go now, this term is so crazy choked!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by macsmich: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm filling the online application form university of coventry. Please I need an info on what to do concerning the page where the document of how fees will be paid will be attached. Secondly, please can some on help with the lists of nddc's foreign universities? Thank you all for ur response.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by macsmich: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please Sirs and Mas, I need help with nddc past questions and answers from any one. I am applying for Msc in Oil and Gas engineering. Also I need the list of nddc schools.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by mercee1: 1:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello house.u guys r great.would love to know something though.if one deferred their admission to the next year,would they still be paid with their original set?say,a sept 2016 awardee who decides to start Sept 2017.will NDDC pay in 2016 or 2017?thanks all.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2016
mercee1:
Hello house.u guys r great.would love to know something though.if one deferred their admission to the next year,would they still be paid with their original set?say,a sept 2016 awardee who decides to start Sept 2017.will NDDC pay in 2016 or 2017?thanks all.

We were only able to defer once this year, and most deferments were from September 2015 to January 2016. You apply for deferment and it has to be approved. It could be possible for someone to defer from September 2015 to September 2016 in our case, but there has to be good reasons for it since there's an approval process to go through. Cheers.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by mercee1: 12:46am On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks for ur response sunical.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
mercee1:
Thanks for ur response sunical.

You're welcome.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hi guys,

Have anyone (last year beneficiaries) received their payment?

It isn't funny oo!

What's the rationale behind a scholarship award that doesn't comes in due time? It's really portraying a bad image to Nigerians studying in foreign countries.

Even after public broadcast of award ceremony, award letter offer,....hmm.

Is "change of power" excuse tenable?

I pray it's resolved asap!

My advice for prospective scholars, don't sorely rely on it. Please make plans for a backup source of funding oo. Otherwise,...

God help us

4 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ladybug2: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2016
Hi everyone,

Has any scholar (NDDC 2015) received any payment yet please? This is not funny anymore quite honestly - I think we've all been patient enough.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 8:18am On Mar 04, 2016
I think I was the only one,...when the whole house remain silence all day.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ladybug2: 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hi, did you try to contact a Mrs Sotonye? Some scholars in my school from previous years said she's the coordinator and the one we are to contact for payments, or to inform that we've registered / resumed etc; and I emailed her last year. My colleagues too are bewildered that we haven't received payments yet (although there was the usual delay in their case, but by February they were all paid). God help us.

iphyconsult:
I think I was the only one,...when the whole house remain silence all day.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 5:16am On Mar 05, 2016
I don't know who bears that. I use to call one NDDC land line.t hey pick up calls whenever they wish. And their response was only "we are walking on it,we will contact you soon",...since last year September.

May God help!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ladybug2: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2016
A fellow (NDDC) scholar from another school posted this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2976318/update-nddc-scholarship-payment#43672684

I don't know what to make out of it but well, perhaps there is hope.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 2:13am On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for your update.

I don't just want to think about how far it have cost me, most especially risking my life shuttling night bus from Lagos to port Harcourt for test, interview,etc travelling to my state to get signatories.
I never know that was just the beginning. Wouldn't know I will smell my ass here.

Let's just keep the fingers crossed . And put all hope on God!

Bless up!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
,...finally!

I guess scholars are now receiving their payments too. If not, please check.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
iphyconsult:
,...finally!
I guess scholars are now receiving their payments too. If not, please check.

Please, Has nddc paid. I haven't gotten any alert.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
They've been paying
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 02, 2016
iphyconsult:
They've been paying

Thanks. Am eagerly expecting my living allowance.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by iphyconsult: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
NDDC 2016 scholarship application is out for any potential scholars.
For details check:

http://www.nddc.gov.ng/
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ikehiemma(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hi all, please could someone share with me ASAP a sample format of "Guarantor's written consent of good conduct" letter so I could use for the 2016 application. Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by eddd: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2016
Is it only schools in UK that is covered by the NDDC schorlarship? Pls anybody help me on this.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by eddd: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2016
Is it only schools in UK that is covered by the NDDC schorlarship? Pls anybody help me on this.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by baresi22: 11:17am On Apr 04, 2016
eddd:
Is it only schools in UK that is covered by the NDDC schorlarship?
Pls anybody help me on this.

They have MOU with uni of aberdeen,cranfield,coventry,teesside uni,uni of east anglia and so on...All in UK.However,one can use other schools but at your peril if the money does not come quick.Also,the scholarship is 30k USD and it includes cost of living in the country thereof.Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ikehiemma(m): 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hello house, could someone help me with this. Thanks

Ikehiemma:
Hi all, please could someone share with me ASAP a sample format of "Guarantor's written consent of good conduct" letter so I could use for the 2016 application. Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
An advice to 2016 applicants.
If you are NOT from a wealthy family, then choose schools that nddc has mou with. because the money 'usually' comes very late. Schools that don't have a mou with ndddc will be on ur neck. They wont let you rest and u may even be suspended from studies. I am a 2015 scholar and am talking from experience.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.