Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 (36896 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2015
tolu4you:

i dey laugh whn seeing comment like this one....... america pple still dey import oga , a tree cnt make a forest. you can still import wat you cnt produce locally. for your oil price, seh na Jonathan go stabilize world oil price? say weldone whn u see other people achievement.

We import the things we should manufacture....and we do not export anything apart from oil....whose price is falling...putting us at risk of deficit and debt.

That's why I am not optimistic. The US imports....but exports far more.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by themano: 1:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
FEAO1985:
Population isn't an excuse. In terms of development or economic progress nigeria is nothing compared to india and let me remind you that india is a nation of 1.3 billion. where is a petty 180 million compared to that ?

Im not even going to mention China . Only God can save Nigeria
No, Nigerians need to save Nigeria. We have the HIGHEST POPULATION DENSITY in the world right now. People up north and in general are breeding like rabbits and you think its not a problem. The Chinese werent stupid to enforce strict birth control at the time they did. Government cant provide all for a balloooning population, anywhere in the world.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
awodman:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/558528588207517697?p=v

Another Reason to VOTE GEJ

All this talk about fastest growing economy is all bullshit.
When people talk of fastest growing economy what like term is implied.... ICM(Innternational capital movement )
These countries mentioned shows that more MnC's are willing to do business in those countries(nigeria is more of a case point) If there is any two countries in that list that resonates economic development , it is China and Qatar.China has a large base for production as over the years, they have provided alternatives for high costs of goods. So ultimately, china is an industrialization hub. Moreover, china benefits from verical integration.The i phone is made in carlifonia but it is assembled in china. SEE THE PICTURE!!!!
As for Qatar, they invested in infrastructure and they have oil and the refinaries to process them.I dont know of Iraq and bagladesh, but for a country like NIGERIA to be in that list leaves more to be desired. Mnc's(That is multi national cooperations play a major role in The nigerian economic spectrum. So after the MNc' s make huge profit and kick out local competition, the transfer their capital to the mother country and sell peanut stocks. LOOK AT THE ACTIVITIES OF SHELL, AND OTHER OIL COMAPANIES..... THESE COUNTRIES RUN TO THE TUNE OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.WHO IS BENEFITING? HOW NIGERIA GOT TO THAT LIST LEAVES ONE GUESSING, AND TO THINK OF IT, THIS REPORT IS COMING AT THE EVE OF ELECTIONS.......

SOMETHING IS GOING ON!!!!.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by fresh15: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
That is an incontrovertible proof that indeed Jonathan worked to revive the Nigerian economy.GEJ,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by TheIkoro(m): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they
eat bread? That they WILL be found, they WILL restore sevenfold: they WILL
give all the substance of their house.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by samxylino(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2015
Lachynos2k2:
I think the real clueless fools are your parents for not giving you proper education...after reading this news from cnn,anyone here who insults my president insults me...dat dude is my hero..gej all apc monkeys come back to dia senses.

you d fool here....dont involve my parents pls.....

u don't know anytin abt Iraq war..go and read and watch everything about Iraq war. u wud understand.... and don't forget read abt wat d soldiers DAT went through d war said abt it
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ratiken(m): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.

This guy was right.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Saskay44: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2023
Then APC came by

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / What To Do On The Day Of Election At The Polling Unit In Pix / Fayose Starts Operation Light Up Ekiti State - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.