Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Hippo Killed In River Benue - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hippo Killed In River Benue (66317 Views)

Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hippo Killed In River Benue by Boyoorisha: 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
''A sane nation conserves their environments, natural reserves and wild animals but an hungry nation destroys their own environment and wild lives''.

http://www.punchng.com/news/hippo-killed-in-river-benue/

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by ellechrystal(f): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
N this is supposed to b in politics section huh undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
its all our collective responsibility. ....and its time for another one comes 14th of feb. Vote whoever you believe could do better, not just the president but all office holder.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Today I saw a big dead snake at VGC roundabout ...measuring about 3mtrs. Now it is hippo...I am sure we shall have sharks and elephants in this country.

9 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
Omo see meat ooo!

Chai!

6 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
I wonder why we are like this, this is pure greed, the people in that picture can't tell me they are so hungry and can't find anything other than this sheppo, sorry hippo. Its really sad they kill it.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
So sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Bruteforce1o1: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
I thought you said Shepopo have gbagaun again.... Its friday afternoon, getting ready to party tonight.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
I wonder why we are like this, this is pure greed, the people in that picture can't tell me they are so hungry and can't find anything other than this sheppo, sorry hippo. Its really sad they kill it.

I beg leave story. Na good meat be that. God created these animals for our consumption. How I pray I dey there to eat sef.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
Abeg na wetin you de talk? see confirm meat you de preach animal right. We go protect their right for inside our stomach

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by madgoat(m): 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is why we all need to vote for Buhari or else this kind of backwardness will continue... Change must come!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
Abeg na wetin you de talk? see confirm meat you de preach animal right. We go protect their right for inside our stomach

sincerenigerian:

I beg leave story. Na good meat be that. God created these animals for our consumption. How I pray I dey there to eat sef.

So una fit chop sheppo, i mean hippo shocked

6 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

So una fit chop sheppo, i mean hippo shocked
Shippo as in angry angry angry? or Hippo? If na Hippo, YES! I go even eat am join hin ancestors grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
Shippo as in angry angry angry? or Hippo? If na Hippo, YES! I go even eat am join hin ancestors grin grin
Why you dodge sheppo grin grin your president dey chop am one way or the other cheesy cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why you dodge sheppo grin grin your president dey chop am one way or the other cheesy cheesy
Baaaaad girl Obiagelli... Mind to tell me how he does that?

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by sCun: 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
That animal constitutes a real nuisance.
I lived close to river Niger between Kwara and Niger state during NYSC, I know the kind of problems hippos cause for fishermen and boat transporters, they were responsible for a lot of boat mishaps.
So the reason for killing it might not be for its meat alone.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by PapiWata: 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
sCun:
That animal constitutes a real nuisance.
I lived close to river Niger between Kwara and Niger state during NYSC, I know the kind of problems hippos cause for fishermen and boat transporters, they were responsible for a lot of boat mishaps.
So the reason for killing it might not be for its meat alone.

Were the hippos in Benue state gathered in herds like you see on Discovery Channel, or have they been hunted to near extinction in Nigeria ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Boyoorisha:
''A sane nation conserves their environments, natural reserves and wild animals but an hungry nation destroys their own environment and wild lives''.

And what makes you think they are hungry? Do they look hungry to you?

Also, who told you the hippo is in danger on the Benue river? Maybe in oyo river but not in the Benue.

4 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by eaglechild: 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is sad.

Why kill an innocent animal in its natural habitat angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2015

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by sCun: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
PapiWata:

Were the hippos in Benue state gathered in herds like you see on Discovery Channel, or have they been hunted to near extinction in Nigeria ?
I don't know about Benue but the ones saw used to come out in 1s probably the same one, but it was a real terrorist to the riverine community.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by eaglechild: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

And what makes you think they are hungry? Do they look hungry to you?

Also, who told you the hippo is in danger on the Benue river? Maybe in oyo river but not in the Benue.

Are there many hippos in river Benue?

If true then it is good to know

I think we should conserve our wildlife, it is a money spinner if well harnessed.

4 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
eaglechild:

Are there many hippos in river Benue?

If true then it is good to know

I think we should conserve our wildlife, it is a money spinner if well harnessed.

Have you left that hinterland rural enclave osogbo in your life before?

Funny thing about most of you here is that you don't know anything about Nigeria beyond your Local government.

In Taraba, elephants are a menace to farmers apart from those nomadic pests.

7 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
barcanista:
Baaaaad girl Obiagelli... Mind to tell me how he does that?
You will have to ask him tongue its nasty enough to think about grin
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by anonimi: 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

You see what we say about the HYPOCRISY of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC?
You have no qualms deriding the another person's wife and the mother to her own children but when others start dealing with your daft & dumb old soldier you will start screaming blue murder shocked

APC = HYPOCRISY = APC

33 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Funny thing about most of you here is that you don't know anything about Nigeria beyond your Local government.

Eaglechild, oshogbo? I think you are mistaken. Anyways we need to sell more of our tourism potentials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
anonimi:

You see what we say about the HYPOCRISY of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC? You have no qualms deriding the another person's wife and the mother to her own children but when others start dealing with your daft & dumb old soldier you will start screaming blue murder shocked

APC = HYPOCRISY = APC
Have a bit of fun, no kill yourself. I am sure gej will have a good laugh at my post.

11 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Ojestas(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Keneking:
Today I saw a big dead snake at VGC roundabout ...measuring about 3mtrs. Now it is hippo...I am sure we shall have sharks and elephants in this country.
pics of the big snake or. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by eaglechild: 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Thanks but I am not from Oshogbo.

I have also been to Benue and Kogi (Lokoja) but i have not seen hippos swimming in the river.

Maybe they are in the hinterlands and you would not blame me for not visiting all the hinterland communities in Nigeria.

You still have not answered my question about the hippos. I was asking about the population not whether they exist.

I love wild life

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by experimentist: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Is it a HEppo or a Sheppo? And is it from Okrika?

2 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by petrov10: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Who hippo don help

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Eaglechild, oshogbo? I think you are mistaken. Anyways we need to sell more of our tourism potentials.

Osogbo has ritualists on the prowl. How you going to convince an elderly German couple that Osogbo is worth visiting?

Taraba is beautiful and the least dense state in Nigetia. Southern Adamawa as well. Gombe has a lot if hills but nobody is ever going to venture there with bokos breathing down their necks.

The southwest has nothing to offer. So also the southeast. The Niger Delta has been destroyed but I remember how beautiful the mangrove wetlands were during sunset.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / 'Female Vampire' Shackled To Prevent Her Re-Incarnation Found In Poland (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.