Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Hippo Killed In River Benue - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hippo Killed In River Benue (66276 Views)

Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Billygee2u: 2:56am On Jan 25, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why you dodge sheppo grin grin your president dey chop am one way or the other cheesy cheesy
you supposed to be a responsible girl ,but, why?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by nacaz4real(m): 3:54am On Jan 25, 2015
[b][/b]It is really very sad that we Nigerians do not understand the relevance and economic importance of these rare beasts. What would u expect from a populace of over 60% illiteracy. I weep for my generation cry
barcanista:
Abeg na wetin you de talk? see confirm meat you de preach animal right. We go protect their right for inside our stomach
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by nacaz4real(m): 4:07am On Jan 25, 2015
These are animals that are in abundance and are even commercially rared/breed. The number of chickens in Nigeria currently would outnumber the number of nigerians 2:1. However these wild beast are quite different they even find it difficult to reproduce even in the wild not to talk of when in captivity and their numbers are very limited world wide. I bet there are not up to 20 in all the habitable waters in Nigeria. People can spend their life savings just to see one. well I don't expect much from a country with over 60% uneducated peeps. Conservation is alien to our current mentality.
adoyi81:
Animal right,why una no dey advocate for the conservation of chicken, goat ,cow and fishes,or is it a case of some animals are more equal than the others.
come to think of it,hope say all this animal rights guys are vegans , cos u will be making a joke out of yourselves,if after did advocacy, you still go ahead to consume soya .
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by DaBullIT(m): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Time will tell if you're saying the truth or not... cheesy

We go know
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Rapzino: 7:03am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Have you left that hinterland rural enclave osogbo in your life before?

Funny thing about most of you here is that you don't know anything about Nigeria beyond your Local government.

In Taraba, elephants are a menace to farmers apart from those nomadic pests.
are you a Tarabian? Incase you are, chop knuckle.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Blazingsun: 7:59am On Jan 25, 2015
NA GEJ wan Harness am
eaglechild:

Are there many hippos in river Benue?

If true then it is good to know

I think we should conserve our wildlife, it is a money spinner if well harnessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by akigbemaru: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2019
Boyoorisha:
''A sane nation conserves their environments, natural reserves and wild animals but an hungry nation destroys their own environment and wild lives''.

http://www.punchng.com/news/hippo-killed-in-river-benue/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / 'Female Vampire' Shackled To Prevent Her Re-Incarnation Found In Poland (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.