Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Hippo Killed In River Benue - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hippo Killed In River Benue (66374 Views)

Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by jude33084(m): 11:03am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
I wonder why we are like this, this is pure greed, the people in that picture can't tell me they are so hungry and can't find anything other than this sheppo, sorry hippo. Its really sad they kill it.

LoL @ "sheppo" grin
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Texykool: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
I wonder why we are like this, this is pure greed, the people in that picture can't tell me they are so hungry and can't find anything other than this sheppo, sorry hippo. Its really sad they kill it.

Obiagelli! cheesy

Sheppo is still alive o grin
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by MadCow1: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2015
GEJ is empowering the people..

They use to only kill fishes, now they can kill hippopotamus.. By 2019, GEJ would empower them to start killing Whales..

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by wiloy2k8(m): 11:06am On Jan 24, 2015
ifeness:

God did not create any animals. Your christian belief has successfully blinded you to the fact that you need to protect nature.

boi sharap ur stinky month , b4 thunder from above strike u
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by queencalipso(f): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why you dodge sheppo grin grin your president dey chop am one way or the other cheesy cheesy
u are a lady for crying out loud, stop it already plss.

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Texykool: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2015
You are not making sense cheesy
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by johnie: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2015
madgoat:
This is why we all need to vote for Buhari or else this kind of backwardness will continue... Change must come!

Ok. That's why this was posted in the politics section?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by effogis: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Game reserves earn huge revenues for any country that sherish them because of the tourists. Go to Kenya, Botswana, South Africa, Namibia and the rest. In Nigeria is a different story. We don't know the value.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2015
wazoboy:
In a normal society authority would have been called if the animals are disturbing, and the animal(s) would have been safely moved to the reserves! But here, because of our greed, everything is meat

I knw this is not a dettol advert but
If we don't feed our self
who will grin
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by greatblinks: 11:13am On Jan 24, 2015
U speak like a true child of his fada God bless u.
afolag:
its all our collective responsibility. ....and its time for another one comes 14th of feb. Vote whoever you believe could do better, not just the president but all office holder.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by zonax(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Osogbo has ritualists on the prowl. How you going to convince an elderly German couple that Osogbo is worth visiting?

Taraba is beautiful and the least dense state in Nigetia. Southern Adamawa as well. Gombe has a lot if hills but nobody is ever going to venture there with bokos breathing down their necks.

The southwest has nothing to offer. So also the southeast. The Niger Delta has been destroyed but I remember how beautiful the mangrove wetlands were during sunset.

See your judgment? Na there your own brain stop. They are many places of tourist attraction in the Southeast. Akuke beach,ezagu waterfall and oji forest for instance. So say what you know please

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by queencalipso(f): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2015
reborn1:
[s][/s]

Haba! Why the insult? Thats too much bro. She was only joking, everything is not politics abeg.
she should also take that as a joke if u don't wanna get insulted then don't insult someone else her post is disgusting for a woman talking about her fellow woman like that.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Obascoetubi: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
so, they should allow this animal to kill dem?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2015
ifeness:

God did not create any animals. Your christian belief has successfully blinded you to the fact that you need to protect nature.

Ehhhh GOD did not create animal

They evolved from media rocks
No problem then more wld probably evolved so let eat the evolve ones so we can maintain the balance of the world
Isn't that what ur religion is all about

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by thecommunist(m): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Why you dodge sheppo grin grin your president dey chop am one way or the other cheesy cheesy
eeyah, see what you have done to yourself! you just place yourself at a spot where every tom dick and harry dey form morally upright for your head. like say they too have never made jokes as bad or even worse than that.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2015
wiloy2k8:

boi sharap ur stinky month , b4 thunder from above strike u

Must you defend God,boko haram
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2015
mikporch:

Ehhhh GOD did not create animal

They evolved from media rocks
No problem then more wld probably evolved so let eat the evolve ones so we can maintain the balance of the world
Isn't that what ur religion is all about

what religion? I did not tell you I beloned to a cult,did I?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Are they gonna eat the Hippo?

Where are these guys when you need them.

Www.wildaid.org

Stop the killing, Nature must be preserved.

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by papaejima1: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Have you left that hinterland rural enclave osogbo in your life before?

Funny thing about most of you here is that you don't know anything about Nigeria beyond your Local government.

In Taraba, elephants are a menace to farmers apart from those nomadic pests.
Chai, lol at nomadic pests
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by MansaMoussa: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2015
Onegai:

My brother, join me and a few other intelligent Nigerians to go and buy land somewhere and form our country. Don't let your brain be wasting here in Nigeria o!

Yankari could have been a big money spinner. We could charge money to fence these places, hire people to care for them, hire vets, zoologists, you name it (but hey, we are complaining we don't have jobs!) But noooo, hippos cause wahala to a small section of people when we could keep them alive and make money off a larger section. Besides even in Lagos there is N400 meat, don't tell me villagers are starving, city people are the hungry ones.

My Dear, The most Heartbreaking part is when Well-meaning Nigerians approach the Govt as Consultancy firms with the view of tapping this enormous Resources, they frustrate them with Bureaucracy..So many wildlife support groups exist in the world looking for Ecosystems to protect! But they know Nigeria is a NO GO ZONE! You find yourself spending more than a Million in bribes and more than 6months in time just to get papers to approve Someone Else to Spend His Money on the conservation of YOUR OWN FUCKING ECOSYSTEM whose benefits or losses affect you directly!!!

Kai!

4 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by geedup(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2015
the evil inside man is deeply underestimated.....a harmless animal that is rarely found in Nigeria is being tamed and killed and probably eaten. When will the black veil in our eyes be removed?? #poverty #ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Rexnegro(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2015
Boyoorisha:
''A sane nation conserves their environments, natural reserves and wild animals but an hungry nation destroys their own environment and wild lives''.

http://www.punchng.com/news/hippo-killed-in-river-benue/
This is a very big offense in Kenya where the penalty of killing a wildlife is greater than killing ur own fellow human,as they don't have crude oil,hence tourism,sights seeing,sanctuary is her major source livelihood....only in naija my people lack orientation and knowledge , that killing of our wildlife will lead to extinction hence creating problem for our ecosystem. The oda day I was in Calabar for a workshop on the protection of chimpanzee cos cross riverians were killing chimps for tradomedical uses since u can use chimps to cure impotency in men, as it is observed that chimps are the closest to humans in mode of conducts and genetic make up,only 6percent differences in human/chimps genetic make up. Smh for dis con3 sha . Before u quote n say rubbish know that Am a proud forester/wildlifer
So I no what am saying.

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by JEITO: 11:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Boyoorisha:
''A sane nation conserves their environments, natural reserves and wild animals but an hungry nation destroys their own environment and wild lives''.

http://www.punchng.com/news/hippo-killed-in-river-benue/
and it is your responsibility as a learnered citizen, to educate them on conservation.

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 24, 2015
ifeness:

what religion? I did not tell you I beloned to a cult,did I?

Dude relax is not like I said u were among those guys that believe trees and animals ar the sons of some god called mother nature. Even though that is what it appears to be

Am just saying even if they ar not made by God or whoever u think made them they were still made for eating so what is the point of leaving them and saving them
.I thought stinginess was a sin
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Ayanko(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2015
[/color]
Bruteforce1o1:
I thought you said Shepopo have gbagaun again.... Its friday afternoon, getting ready to party tonight.
[color=#006600]
you are stupid for using the picture of Pastor Ortjafor for your stupid post. Can you use the picture of Emir of Sokoto like that without starting a religious war. The Christians deserve an apology from from you.

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2015
mikporch:

Dude relax is not like I said u were among those guys that believe trees and animals ar the sons of some god called mother nature. Even though that is what it appears to be

Am just saying even if they ar not made by God or whoever u think made them they were still made for eating so what is the point of leaving them and saving them
.I thought stinginess was a sin

Whatever you do with nature is up to you. Ain't we all part of nature? Eat or get eaten,that's how it goes.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by dyoungforester(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2015
It is better to be hungry and likewise staying healthy with little food and enjoying the nature of our environment rather than staying to be a poacher and be ungreatful element to the present generation and to the unborn generation... Let us be caution so that our poverty level will not lead us to our graveyard.
All this poachers who hunted this hippotamus down should be jail rather than calling them a brave men because they are hindering and also causing our wildlife animals to go on extinction..thanks Dyounforeste
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2015
I was very sad when I saw the innocent animal dead! Why would they kill such a beautiful creature? He only want to obtain PVC undecided
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
ifeness:

Whatever you do with nature is up to you. Ain't we all part of nature? Eat or get eaten,that's how it goes.

Exactly my point we ar food to each other but were ar always trying to save them
Let a lion get a human and conserve it na

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by notoriousbabe: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
Omo see meat ooo!

Chai!
the meat go sweet with okro soup and pounded yam
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by notoriousbabe: 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
ifeness:

God bless you jare
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Eastherbunny(m): 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
madgoat:
This is why we all need to vote for Buhari or else this kind of backwardness will continue... Change must come!

Shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / 'Female Vampire' Shackled To Prevent Her Re-Incarnation Found In Poland (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.