Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Hippo Killed In River Benue - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hippo Killed In River Benue (66755 Views)

Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / See The Animal I Killed In University Of Benin. What's The Name? / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by deloon(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
madgoat:
This is why we all need to vote for Buhari or else this kind of backwardness will continue... Change must come!
Said the mad goat.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by DaBullIT(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:
I wonder why we are like this, this is pure greed, the people in that picture can't tell me they are so hungry and can't find anything other than this sheppo, sorry hippo. Its really sad they kill it.

If GEJ Continues even human being will become meat , people wey suppose dey work dey hustle na dem dey see hippo for stream
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by meresse: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
madgoat:
This is why we all need to vote for Buhari or else this kind of backwardness will continue... Change must come!
to islamic country
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by SeverusSnape(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

if GEJ Continues even human being will become meat , people wey suppose dey work dey hustle na dem dey see hippo for stream

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe.... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by usj(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
I don't know y we fail to preserve wild life in nigeria. At my place in ilorin u need to see how the local go to the bush with their dogs to hunt the few animals left in the wild.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
adoyi81:

Wat have u done to make dey society normal.
enough of this criticism @ the opportunity,
we all responsible for our failing society
I dont tnk I will see an hippo and the first tng in my mind is to kill it for meat( what happen to goat, cow, sheep etc?) If I could I will capture it and call zoo officials to come and carry it. I always go to zoo to admire those animals!
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
usj:
I don't know y we fail to preserve wild life in nigeria. At my place in ilorin u need to see how the local go to the bush with their dogs to hunt the few animals left in the wild.
If u confront them they will always tell u that animals can never finish in the bush! And when the animals are finishing they will be the first to claim that the animals are finishing because America is putting satellite in space
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by besttrader: 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Must we kill everything on sight? Is the Hippo not supposed to be in its natural habitat. This is part of the Nigerian problem, "Divide and rule" even when there's no need to divide and rule, or should and I say "Kill and eat" even when you're not hungry. We need to keep the habitat balance, if you check properly, these dudes just might not need this Hippo meat - it's just the mentality.

While growing up we usually had bush animals crawl up to our backyards and alot of folks can testify to these. What has happened over the years? The mentality of kill every bush meat, I doubt if we have a functional games reserve.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by illicit(m): 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
All those hypocrites shouting animal rights, i av a question 4u, shey if lion jam u 4 bush e go respect u or ur ryt?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by bareal(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin wahala go soon dey.

February 15th I will see you like this: tongue

FFK is that you?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by besttrader: 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is basically why we have functional ranch and farms. If you need meat there are better ways to it. Get a ranch or a farm and rear, then harvest from there. The world has moved on, we're late and make no effort to catch on with the rest of the bunch.

illicit:
All those hypocrites shouting animal rights, i av a question 4u, shey if lion jam u 4 bush e go respect u or ur ryt?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by IGBOSON1: 1:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
effogis:
Game reserves earn huge revenues for any country that sherish them because of the tourists. Go to Kenya, Botswana, South Africa, Namibia and the rest. In Nigeria is a different story. We don't know the value.

^^^It's just a manifestation of the typical selfish/greedy/materialistic/thoughtless/stomach-first Nigerian attitude!
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Bruteforce1o1: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ayanko:
[/color] [color=#006600] you are stupid for using the picture of Pastor Ortjafor for your stupid post. Can you use the picture of Emir of Sokoto like that without starting a religious war. The Christians deserve an apology from from you.

You are a fool as well, you are not more christian than me. To hell with you and Satan of Sokoto.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by manfred10(m): 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

cheesy cheesy no wahala.

Obi baby,you no ever vex?

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by manfred10(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Get the fucck out of my face before I smack your fagg.ot asss.
I guess you were blind ,deaf and dumb when she insulted the wife of the President? undecided

Is the wife of the president your mother ? I'm so sure you have never even seen her physically. You sure say no be another thing the vex you abi.
You sounded like an animal just released from the zoo
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by chingydaboss(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Where shud it b
ellechrystal:
N this is supposed to b in politics section huh undecided
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Truckpusher(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
manfred10:

Is the wife of the president your mother ? I'm so sure you have never even seen her physically. You sure say no be another thing the vex you abi.
You sounded like an animal just released from the zoo
Like your pathetic Dad would sound as he watches on at another man humping your Mom all night long, right? undecided
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Truckpusher(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
bareal:

FFK is that you?
No, na KKF grin

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
sincerenigerian:

I beg leave story. Na good meat be that. God created these animals for our consumption. How I pray I dey there to eat sef.
barcanista:
Abeg na wetin you de talk? see confirm meat you de preach animal right. We go protect their right for inside our stomach

But it's unfair...in the past, Africans didn't behave like this, we took care of our wild
Are we hungry people in Nigeria?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by kayalla(f): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
Why kill it? How many of such do we still have in Nigeria. Ndi aguru.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
sCun:
That animal constitutes a real nuisance.
I lived close to river Niger between Kwara and Niger state during NYSC, I know the kind of problems hippos cause for fishermen and boat transporters, they were responsible for a lot of boat mishaps.
So the reason for killing it might not be for its meat alone.

That's because they aren't conserved...go to developed nations you see animals kept in favourable conditions...hardly any conflicts like boat mishap
There's a problem with the way you people behave
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

And what makes you think they are hungry? Do they look hungry to you?

Also, who told you the hippo is in danger on the Benue river? Maybe in oyo river but not in the Benue.

Yes they look very hungry and uneducated
There's nothing like Oyo river...wtf are u saying
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
manfred10:

Obi baby,you no ever vex?
My brother, no time to vex, life is too simple.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
happybrother:
I wonder how people will kill a hippo ...could it be for food,bravery or what?
I wonder o...this people have a problem
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
macof:

Yes they look very hungry and uneducated
There's nothing like Oyo river...wtf are u saying

Oyo is the dirtiest place in Nigeria which makes it one of the dirtiest on the continent thus making it the dirtiest on the planet.

The same goes for the people of oyo as well.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Osogbo has ritualists on the prowl. How you going to convince an elderly German couple that Osogbo is worth visiting?

Taraba is beautiful and the least dense state in Nigetia. Southern Adamawa as well. Gombe has a lot if hills but nobody is ever going to venture there with bokos breathing down their necks.

The southwest has nothing to offer. So also the southeast. The Niger Delta has been destroyed but I remember how beautiful the mangrove wetlands were during sunset.

RevDesmondJuju:

Have you left that hinterland rural enclave osogbo in your life before?

Funny thing about most of you here is that you don't know anything about Nigeria beyond your Local government.

In Taraba, elephants are a menace to farmers apart from those nomadic pests.

I see you have a problem with Yorubas, you keep going on the offensive...even going out of point
who ever asked u about the South West? Why don't you mind your business?
First it was Oyo u sought to offend then osogbo
na wa for all this tribal bigots undecided
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by LajaLaba: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Osogbo has ritualists on the prowl. How you going to convince an elderly German couple that Osogbo is worth visiting?

Taraba is beautiful and the least dense state in Nigetia. Southern Adamawa as well. Gombe has a lot if hills but nobody is ever going to venture there with bokos breathing down their necks.

The southwest has nothing to offer. So also the southeast. The Niger Delta has been destroyed but I remember how beautiful the mangrove wetlands were during sunset.
K
U knows nothing about Osogbo ode buruku!Who be dis?

1 Like

Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Oyo is the dirtiest place in Nigeria which makes it one of the dirtiest on the continent thus making it the dirtiest on the planet.

The same goes for the people of oyo as well.

Lmao grin you wish. Keep up with the hate boy, no one cares about ur filthy words
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
macof:

I see you have a problem with Yorubas, you keep going on the offensive...even going out of point
who ever asked u about the South West? Why don't you mind your business?
First it was Oyo u sought to offend then osogbo
na wa for all this tribal bigots undecided

But Yorubas are dirty nah?
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by macof(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

But Yorubas are dirty nah?

No, we aren't
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
macof:

No, we aren't

Guy let's not waste time arguing something that is fact.
Re: Hippo Killed In River Benue by ihesiuloa(m): 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
I have watched several time documentaries where hippos saves other animals from crocs while migration process.. They are real good animals and deserves to be conserved forget the negatives at least they are harbivourous not carnivourouse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! / Let's Talk About Extraterrestrials, Aliens, UFOs: Are They Real? / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.