Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti (2228 Views)

FFK Blasts Buhari For Shaking The Queen But Refused To Shake Female Ministers / Hillary Clinton At War With Yar'adua And His Clowns / Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by inspiredm(m): 11:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
Copy Of Ribadu's Dismissal Letter

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by inspiredm(m): 12:02am On Dec 24, 2008
Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has been dismissed from the police force.

A statement signed by police spokesman, Akpoebi Agberebi, confirmed Ribadu’s sack, this afternoon. He was sacked for indiscipline, insurbordination and absence from duty. Ribadu was one of the six police officers nominated and sent on senior executive course at NIPSS, Kuru, Jos.

While on course, he was demoted to the rank of DCP along with 139 officers, who were allegedly wrongfully promoted. According to a statement signed by Akpoebi, the act of misconduct levelled against Ribadu are improper dressing when he appeared before the president on 13 November, with other NIPSS participants, in plain clothes, where others were properly dressed.

He was also accused of instituting legal proceedings against the Inspector-General of Police, AG and the Police Service Commission, at a Federal High Court in Lagos, without proper authority from government.

These conducts, the statement added, are prejudicial to discipline, proper administration of the force and unbecoming of an officer, contrary to sections 352 and 367 of the Police Act and against Rules 030402 of the Police Service Rules 2006.

Ribadu was also accused of flagrantly disobeying the order and directive of the IG to report to the Force Headquarters on 24 November, along with his NIPSS coursemates, at the completion of their studies.

Furthermore, Ribadu was said to have disregarded his posting order and refused to proceed on transfer when he was posted to zone 5, Benin, as deputy commissioner of police in charge of administration, since 21 November, contrary to sections 349, 348 and 347 of the Police Act.

“Serious misconduct is a specific act of various wrongdoings and improper behaviours, and which is inimical to the image of the service and which can be investigated and if proven, will lead to dismissal. At the end of deliberations, the commission dismissed the officer from the force for acts of gross indiscipline, insubordination and absence from duty, acts singularly and collectively punishable under rules 03, 04,01 of the Public Service Rules 2006,” the statement read.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by Muza(m): 12:16am On Dec 24, 2008
pls stop duplicating threads,we have heard this news since.
U dnt need to remind us.
I have even downloaded a copy of the sack letter,many other ppl have too.
If u want to discuss theres a thread open.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by inspiredm(m): 12:37am On Dec 24, 2008
I have attached it on the main thread, Duplication was not intended, just wondering why he was dismissed because of Mufti, Its so Crazy.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by Muza(m): 12:49am On Dec 24, 2008
grin cheesy grin rflmfao grin cheesy grin

haba,haba,
don't be so ignorant,
how can u ever believe that he was dismissed for wearing mufti grin grin

Guy,u want to crack my ribs,are u joking or something grin grin ,are u a Nigerian,Do u know Ribadu?
How can u ever believe that he was sacked for wearing mufti,who told u that? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by folarina(m): 12:56am On Dec 24, 2008
@ Inspire
I didn't realise you dey reach this side too,
By the way what happened to all the titles ,i beg  use am it is valid all over nairaland.

Back to business at hand ,
This is surely a sad day in the history of corruption ,this man's  name deserves to written in GOLD as far as corruption is concerned. It is another dent to the image of our noble country.
This man served his fatherland  meritoriously see how is been paid back  humiliation,oppression,embarrassed ,victimisation and so on .I hope this shameful act that the NPF has exhibited will not discourage other citizens from carrying out their official assignment diligently.
By the way you know Mallam has been declared wanted as well.

At the moment am watching Ovation Red Carol and the theme  is HOPE.Our dear country surely needs hope so can all fellow nairalander join me in shouting HOPE WE CAN ! cool cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by folarina(m): 1:18am On Dec 24, 2008
@inspire
Dey follow you reach here  again ,  Na wah o .May God deliver you from yr enemies o

@Muze

Inspire is a highly respected member of Nairaland ,and will never break any of the house rules.
As a matter of fact he holds the highest number of title of the forum  (5 chieftaincy title ) na only National honour we never give am ! grin grin

I know we are all bitter about this indecent act of the NPF ,lets not take it out on each other .

Remember HOPE shall sustain us ! Lets hope for the day where our country will celebrate deservering citizens and not people that don't worth it.  cry cry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by Muza(m): 1:24am On Dec 24, 2008
folarina:

@inspire
Dey follow you reach here  again ,  Na wah o .May God deliver you from yr enemies o

@Muze

Inspire is a highly respected member of Nairaland ,and will never break any of the house rules.
As a matter of fact he holds the highest number of title of the forum  (5 chieftaincy title ) na only National honour we never give am ! grin grin

I know we are all bitter about this indecent act of the NPF ,lets not take it out on each other .

Remember HOPE shall sustain us ! Lets hope for the day where our country will celebrate deservering citizens and not people that don't worth it.  cry cry

bitter who?
me?
no o,i'm not bitter about ribadu,cos the evil that men do lives after them grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by folarina(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2008
@Muza

I am confused o , whose are you on ?

Are you saying Mallam Ribadu deserves this ?

Fear God o , this man should be worshipped as far as corruption is concerned . sad sad sad

Am sad sha if you are not .
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by folarina(m): 1:49am On Dec 24, 2008
As a matter of fact he holds the highest number of title of the forum (5 chieftaincy title ) na only National honour we never give am !

Inspired_m

Aare Bobagunwa of Nairaland
Ataneru 1 of Urhobo Kingdom/Nairaland
Osina Nwata Buru Ogalanya 1 of Nairaland
Osina afo nne ya lebe motor 1 of Nairaland
Sar'kin/Santurakin of Nairaland Autos
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by Muza(m): 1:59am On Dec 24, 2008
have how can u forget the power drunk anti-corruption czar so soon,
who only went after enemies of the state but never touches the friends.
Forced state legislators to impeach a gov,when there were more corrupt govs,
a man who never question anenih,andy uba,bode george,fani kayode borishade,iyabo . . . etc despite evidence against them.
a man who told us that Obj is very clean despite petitions against him
a man who went about arresting anti-third term politicians.

But its not that the present EFCC are any better,they are even worse.
the Present EFCC has equally been hijacked by corrupt forces.
But still,weep not for Ribadu.  grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by kosovo(m): 3:33am On Dec 24, 2008
this is the reason why Nigerians will never put their best in service.
you could imagine a nice man, just dismissed politically because he wanted prob BABA.
so why on earth would i work for this country, when i know no matter how hard i try, nothing is guaranteed.
naija, strong country.
ribadu, God be with you.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dismissed For Shaking Hands With Yar'adua In Mufti by chidichris(m): 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
riba riba, pls go join military as that will give u more free hands to use nigeria the way you want that is if you succeed in a coup.

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu In Stable Condition, Says London Hospital! / How Honest Is The Average Northerner? / Nigeria Has An Image Problem; Western News Altering Perception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.