Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (28674 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Only Spent 5 Years As Nigeria's President & Not 6 Years Please / Buhari Has Spent 4 Days In Nigeria / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by berbs112(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
If the OP like,tell us that he just spent 3yrs for the position,I don't care. One thing that is Certain; u can't use my PVC to cast your vote.. I am voting for CHANGE!

Enough of dis Drunkard!!! Let's move to the Next person until we get it right.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by madjune(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
Faibuhari:
I want you to mention what GMB did as an Head of State when he was in power

Are you an airhead?

I guess you're a teenager.

Ok. GMB for one, made sure the naira wasn't devalued as a president.
Naira ws strong and was like $1-N2naira.

He built a refinery.

He increased local exports and tried to shift the economy away from oil dependence.

He rejected the IMF loan.
A move that could have killed the economy.
IBB later took the loan and the naira plummeted.

He did much of these within a year!

For more, try and read your history books.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by AK481(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
why is the president not campagning with the ebola scourge that he defeated?
that alone will bury the apc
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Ventura1: 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

Is he the judiciary?Or people can just be jailed without rule of law

See excuse, who appoint the AGF and Minister of Justice? under whose jurisdiction is the EFCC and ICPC? Abeg say something else! he has failed in that regard.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by AreaFada2: 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

Oga I live here and I have seen our roads down to Ore;not 100% but far far better than the days of......

In fact between 2004 and 2009, it wasn't unusual to spend 8 to 12 hours from Lagos to Benin. Even using bush road after Ore due to bad road.

Even if Jonathan gives everyone 200k a month, with breakfast in bed daily, some would say he has done nothing.

You know we like inhumane treatment & suffer head in that country. GEJ has been too civilised and things have been fairly good.

Let them vote in Buhari, who will cancel ongoing projects (just like Lagos Metro Line) and sell govt assets to Tinubu & cronies.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by eedriyz(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
SMH for you OP! You no get better thing to do?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by patrotic9gerian: 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Seun:

Even with those 3 months added it looks like it's 4 years and 11 months.

Baba... Is like say u be GEJ fan ooo.... If u be den u fall my hand walahi... Dis man don Bleep us up and I no xpect any correct educated person to support am at all... The life of one Nigerian (whether an illiterate, that is dying everyday, in which this Govt. has neglected in the past [only doing some gra gra now that they need the masses]) is worth more than tens of thousand good working Rail lines, good looks of roads and fat money for farmers or what ever. The Govt has faied in its primary duty (to protect its people)... Lets not sell the future of our unborn children for a plate of porridge... Cheers Baba...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Toongexa(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
AK481:
Because he didn't defeat shit, if not for the efficiency and stealth information dissemination by the APC lagos state government maybe we'll be like Liberia now. #Nigeriamustwin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by poundlander: 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
who cares how long he has spent.it's not the years of service/leadership that matters, but the services in those years no matter how long or short. if he really deserves another 4 years,let his SERVICE speak for him
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by berbs112(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Faibuhari:
I want you to mention what GMB did as an Head of State when he was in power
I don't care! All that matters is Change! Change!! Change!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
doctokwus:
So those mths he acted should be wiped off the calendar of Nigeria's history?
If he cudnt do anything when he was the acting president,that is due to his incompetence and nobody's fault.
As far as the records go,GEJ's reign as president started from days as the acting president.
Is it that you can't read, have a problem with comprehension or plainly being mischievous?

OP added the months he served as acting president to arrive at that.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by dre11(m): 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
There has been some misconception about how long President Goodluck Jonathan has been heading this country. The lie being peddled is that he has spent 6 years;late President Musa Yardua died in May5, 2010;but President acted from Feburary10,2010 until he fully assumed the Presidency on May 6,2010...
So mathematicians should help me do the needful...............
Our Rail lines are working; roads wearing new look, farmers smiling to banks......Add your own.........

How many days for it to be 5years

Just 3days and you're busy writing 4years and 11months

Just put it as 5years ...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by KanwuliaJara: 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Yes o!
As no constitutional arrangements were made for dead presidents, it is only one and half terms in office.

GEJ TILL 2017. . . . kiss

Buhari give chance! Wait till you are 75 years old. grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by uyplus(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
GEJ has tried indeed. He has stayed for 4years and 11 months, and corruption in government is so highly celebrated within such a brief spell? #sighs

GEJ might even exhume Gen. Abacha body to grant him presidential pardon just to prove a point that he is a gentleman. Look, Nigeria has metarmophorsed past that phase of politicking. Soon politicians bribing citizens to vote for them would be a thing of the past, by the GMB sanitizes and purges Nigeria of corruption. That No.1 seat maybe less lucrative for greedy politicians and more attractive for born leaders.

GEJ is really that bad to allow Abba Moro still be a serving minister after defrauding jobless youths. He is really that bad to increase his feeding budget from N1bn in 2014 to N4bn in 2015. He is that bad to stay mute when hus wife was indicted in a $13m money laundering case with EFCC. He is really that bad to allow Dieziani use N10bn on private travels. He is really that bad to have spent $30bn on revamping power yet no giant achievements has been made. He is really that bad to have increased our external debts from $26bn to $70bn. He is really that bad to have spent N968bn as security budget yet nothing has been achieved against the fight for insurgency. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the missing $20bn exposition by the whistle blower, Sanusi Lamido. He is really that bad to be budgeting N2bn to build VP residence while ordinary Nigerians are homeless. He is really that to be spending N10bn on 11 presidential jets, when he should be more prudent to have max of 2. He is really that bad to have allowed $15m to be swept under the carpet in the illegal arm deal at South Africa, where the names of the Nigerians involved are still shrouded in secrecy but the name of the Israeli was exposed. He is really that to have attended the Organization of Islamic Countries meeting when no president in Nigeria has ever attended such. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the scam $470m cctv contract deal in FCT, yet no surveillance camera is working. He is really that bad to have said stealing is not corruption. He is really that bad to have said "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole, money that can't buy a Peugeot" (why would a sitting president commonise stealing of public funds, even if it's N1, it shouldn't be stolen because it's should be a call to service and not an avenue to redefine comfort). He is really that bad to have allowed to pension scam thief go with a little punishment. He is really that bad to have pardoned ex-convicts like Bode george, and Alameyghsia. He is really that bad to have not even find a major road like the east/west road which connconnects the south south region. He is really that bad to allow an overinflated budget of N117bn for the 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge yet Lagos state government built the 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for N29bn. GEJ is really that bad to allow Tompolo own a warship, and Asari and Boyloaf issue war threat, yet they haven't been arrested. He is failure to have used his cohorts to aattempt sweeping the issue of the alleged missing N30tn under the carpet.

Other long forgotten issues are the N150m renovation of the VP lodge, N5bn rehabilitation for commercial sex workers, N7bn to build 2 city gates in FCT, N4bn to build first ladies mission house, and the presidency bought 200exotic cars for that event, where are they cars?

Poverty level in Nigeria has risen from 54% to 71%, youth unemployment from 9% to 50%, recurrent expenditure from 62% to 86%, national debt from $26bn to $70bn, whilst GDP growth has dropped from 11% to 6%, and excess crude account has dropped from $20bn to $2bn, petrol has risen from 65 to 87 temporarily (97), $1 has risen from N158 to N210.Nigerians want change. We demand accountability. We want a government that is ready to fight for the masses.

To hell with GEJ. If you fail to see that he is a failure, I will open your eyes to the obvious. He is a failure, even with 6years of oil boom he failed, now he wants to deceive us that he can perform in 4years in oil doom.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by BabaO2: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
Even if it is 1 week he has spent, its boring and nauseating, he should just go
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Ojiofor: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
[quote author=jdbrasco post=30480100] Bro, APC = Lies. But dey go to church and mosque almost every day. Thou shall not live on APC lies [/quoteYes oh..we shouldn't be deceived nor matter how they repackaged an old dictator...nothing good dey inside fish head.]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Dayg88(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
jmoore:
Op, some folks got F9 in mathematics so it's difficult for them to calculate.

The question is this; was GEJ treated like a VP during those periods?
Did he not make decisions meant to be taken by the president?
Did he not attend to issues concerning the president?
Now u bloody TANOIDS sit here and spit rubbish all because u refuse to see the truth. U might as well say he hasn't spent the last 4 years as the president, cos it's obvious he's not the one calling the shots.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Timoleon(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Owliver:
I can remember when we used to complain about Lagos ibadan ore road. Hmm He has repaired almost all major roads which no govt have done in the past 50years. INEC did the best election under GEJ. Rail way working. Build federal universities Can any president beat that? Ode

i tire for dis ur he built federal universities u kip singing o. in one of his campaigns, gej mentioned one of his achievments as sending students on scholarships to good schools abroad. what happened to d schools he built? not good enuff eh? kip fooling urself?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Toongexa(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
#factsaboutBuhari 1.Buhari served as the Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), a body created by the government of General Sani Abacha, and funded from the revenue generated by the increase in price of petroleum products, to pursue developmental projects around the country. A 1998 report in New Africanpraised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story". [ 46 ]However, the same report also noted that critics had questioned the PTF's allocation of 20% of its resources to the military, which the critics feared would not be accountable for the revenue.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by berbs112(m): 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

In fact between 2004 and 2009, it wasn't unusual to spend 8 to 12 hours from Lagos to Benin. Even using bush road after Ore due to bad road.

Even if Jonathan gives everyone 200k a month, with breakfast in bed daily, some would say he has done nothing.

You know we like inhumane treatment & suffer head in that country. GEJ has been too civilised and things have been fairly good.

Let them vote in Buhari, who will cancel ongoing projects (just like Lagos Metro Line) and sell govt assets to Tinubu & cronies.
Until then.... A man in his right senses wouldn't wait until now to tell d masses that; if re-elected,I will create 2 million jobs yearly. What has he been doing all dis while? Let's kick out this bunch of phoolz.... They've got nothing to offer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by pawesome(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
GEJ dis and dat..de dia make una de wai for government..make una no go hustle instead b complaining bout a failed government...
BTW, which government has satisfied its citizens 100%?....GMB comes into power,dis same insane propaganda will stil go on....
Instead f make i vote Fulani man into power,i beta go for d Otuoke man cz if u know what a Fulani person can do, u wnt even think f GMB.....
Come to d north n c for urselves.....
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Timoleon(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
AK481:

because d lagos state did more dan d federal government in that wat n i dont think u want to give apc any credit do u? u simply want dem buried eh?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Xfemt(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
francizy:
He's trying indeed!

Where are the jobs?

No worry GEJ go come from Abj come give u work for ur house no find some tin doing de blame GEJ for ur joblessness
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by AreaFada2: 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
madjune:

Are you an airhead?

He built a refinery.

He increased local exports and tried to shift the economy away from oil dependence.

Which refinery? Forget that nostalgia. 9ja was giving crude oil to Brazil to refine and buy back.

Maybe you didn't witness his regime. Nigeria was a pariah state.

Shifted dependence from oil to what exactly? Services, financial sector or Agric?

By the time Buhari was kicked out, economy had stagnated. Maybe you didn't queue up for essenco, so you won't know.

Sacking civil servants and cancelling projects brought poverty to lots of people.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
9jagirl4re:

Madam, yes?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by pawesome(m): 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
berbs112:
Until then.... A man in his right senses wouldn't wait until now to tell d masses that; if re-elected,I will create 2 million jobs yearly. What has he been doing all dis while? Let's kick out this bunch of phoolz.... They've got nothing to offer.
and who told u dt its written on Buhari's forehead dt he will create more jobs? angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Toongexa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
#factsaboutBuhari 2. One of the most enduring legacy of the Buhari government has been the War Against Indiscipline (WAI). Launched on March 20, 1984, the policy tried to address the perceived lack of public morality and civic responsibility of Nigerian society. Unruly Nigerians were ordered to form neat queues at bust stops, under the eyes of whip-wielding soldiers. Civil servants [ 37 ]who failed to show up on time at work were humiliated and forced to do “frog jumps”. Minor offences carried long sentences. Any student over the age of 17 caught cheating on an exam would get 21 years in prison. Counterfiting and arson could lead to the death penalty.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Acidosis(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
So the 6yrs fallacy was calculated by Buhari? A dunce who failed woefully in maths and arithmetics?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Owliver(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
Timoleon:

i tire for dis ur he built federal universities u kip singing o. in one of his campaigns, gej mentioned one of his achievments as sending students on scholarships to good schools abroad. what happened to d schools he built? not good enuff eh? kip fooling urself?
and if he gave scholarship is that a bad thing? is that the only thing you saw there? Why not talk of the INEC credibility or federal roads which has reduces accidents or rail way. Which president has done more than what he did? Tell me #Nonsense Get away
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by phabulux: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
There has been some misconception about how long President Goodluck Jonathan has been heading this country. The lie being peddled is that he has spent 6 years;late President Musa Yardua died in May5, 2010;but President acted from Feburary10,2010 until he fully assumed the Presidency on May 6,2010...
So mathematicians should help me do the needful...............
Our Rail lines are working; roads wearing new look, farmers smiling to banks......Add your own.........

Christ!
Where are you?
Why am I even responding to this? Poorly-educated as you are.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Faibuhari: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
madjune:

Are you an airhead?

He built a refinery.

I won't exchange words with you because a detailed analysis of what you mentioned will make you look stupidier than you thought. Lest I forget, we are not in the same shoes from age to anything. I can drop my addy for you let's sit down And argue with facts at our disposal not hearsay
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Swiftboy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
xpac01:
Ok o
*modified*
which road are you talking about? ?
Have you gone through enugu onitsha expressway, or enugu portharcourt express road.
Bros stop typing things from France just because you hear say from your naija PDP brothers.
Also based on the years ish, my nephew is just 3yrs now and is very wise in handling several things at home. I wonder if you expect the suffering downstream sector to stop crying out their minds and overlook things until the president rules for 80years. Hmm, oga you sound educated lemme believe you are just been blinded by some fundamental logics.
Relax! Transformation starts from the north,its coming southwards...it'll reach you in due time. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kogi: LG Workers Reject Salaries Payment From Yahaya Bello, Reveal Why / Online Hysteria Over Video Of Buhari’s UNGA Speech Unnecessary – Presidency / Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.