Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (28677 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Only Spent 5 Years As Nigeria's President & Not 6 Years Please / Buhari Has Spent 4 Days In Nigeria / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by sleeky8(m): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
xpac01:

*smh* my bra the thing tire me o! Even from the mere 19 are still scam. I read a documentary where the cost of railway rehabilitation (not construction o) was compared to cost of Spain speed train construction o! I almost shed tears. Nigeria's was double.

The main ish is that we love suffering and smiling as a people because we believe we will make heaven. But I am sorry to disappoint yall. 90% of Nigerians will go to hell. Its another election time will you go to your LGA get your PVC and vote out a person that has not touched your life in the 4yrs he has been ruling?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by igeolink: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
Toongexa:
I admire your dogmatic stupidity. Keep it up!
My vote is still for GEJ...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by bakila: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
There has been some misconception about how long President Goodluck Jonathan has been heading this country. The lie being peddled is that he has spent 6 years;late President Musa Yardua died in May5, 2010;but President acted from Feburary10,2010 until he fully assumed the Presidency on May 6,2010...
So mathematicians should help me do the needful...............
Our Rail lines are working; roads wearing new look, farmers smiling to banks......Add your own.........
You not knowing the power of someone being head of an office.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by igeolink: 2:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
phabulux:

Ash..ewo!
I still vote for GEJ
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Princephelar(m): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

Is he the judiciary?Or people can just be jailed without rule of law

Was Obasanjo d judiciary?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by wazobiaforu(m): 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
Zoharariel:
I still don't see how that stops him from being booted out of Asorock in few months time.

Immigration Scam,

Pension scam,

Fuel Subsidy Scam,

Stella Oduah's Scam,

Diezani's Aircraft Scam,

Farouk Lawal's Scam,

Ayo Oritsejafor's Scam,

Mohammed Abacha's Scam,

Ayo Fayose's Scam,

Buruji Kashamu's Scam,

Fani Kayode's Scam,

$20Billion Scam [$54Billion According To Obasanjo].

Conclusion: 2015 - Nigeria Sai GMB/Osinbajo!

what about NLC SCAM? that is the most recent now in the news

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Swiftboy(m): 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
xpac01:

Lol. Am relaxed. But I would rather prefere CHANGE.
sorry no 5000 naira change for you. grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Jossyroyal1: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
After taking my valuable time to go through the forum rules? I therefore wish Buhari Goodluck.... gbam
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by AreaFada2: 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
madjune:

I hope you've your facts tight as you spew-

I know about essenco( the essential commodities that were shared amongst workers) people queued more to get them under shagari than in Buhari's regime.

The queue was largely symptomatic of corruption in the civil service which Buhari toiled to wipe out and got his bad name for doing so.

The job losses u talked about was as a result of the near ban on the culture of importation.
That's the initial knee jerk reaction you find in the economy as it gradually adapts.
Sadly, our people were too pampered to make such sacrifice then.
Buhari encouraged agriculture and the export of its goods in his time.

Lol, you mean that the job losses from closing Radio Nigeria branches in several state capitals was due to banning import? When govt critics working in broadcasting were targeted for sacking was also due to prohibition of imports? Lol.

Buhari did not get bad name for fighting corruption. It was the biased and bigoted way he went about it, jailing Christians/Southerners like Pa Ajasin, Dr Ekwueme, Aper Aku, Prof. Ali, Bola Ige, Jakande. Almost all with nothing against them. Shagari was in an Ikoyi mansion. No single Hausa Fulani was jailed.
Remember "driver get accident, conductor get punishment" song by Fela?

In any case, a coupist who committed high treason (an offence punishable with death penalty) against his country by overthrowing a civilian govt has no name to protect.

Crating of Dr Dikko was over a personal grudge that every knows about: (1) tracing 2.8 billion that Buhari stole as oil minister to a London account. (2) Dikko suspecting Buhari as a coup threat pressured Shagari to "exile" Buhari to Jos as GOC, far away from Lagos & Ibadan key military commands.

People who took up farming were sacked civil servants, some were level 12, 14 with 8 kids to feed. They had no choice. I saw it happen.

Essenco was mostly 1984 to 1986.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by tuyi19: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
There has been some misconception about how long President Goodluck Jonathan has been heading this country. The lie being peddled is that he has spent 6 years;late President Musa Yardua died in May5, 2010;but President acted from Feburary10,2010 until he fully assumed the Presidency on May 6,2010...
Our Rail lines are working; roads wearing new look, farmers smiling to banks......Add your own.........

which rail after he has squandered all the money his predecessors saved for many year and sent us back to the market of debt.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
tuyi19:

which rail after he has squandered all the money his predecessors safed for many year and sent us back to the market of debt.

At least we can see what the money is being used for; sentiment apart..
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Kingspin(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
xpac01:
Ok o
*modified*
which road are you talking about? ?
Have you gone through enugu onitsha expressway, or enugu portharcourt express road.
Bros stop typing things from France just because you hear say from your naija PDP brothers.
Also based on the years ish, my nephew is just 3yrs now and is very wise in handling several things at home. I wonder if you expect the suffering downstream sector to stop crying out their minds and overlook things until the president rules for 80years. Hmm, oga you sound educated lemme believe you are just been blinded by some fundamental logics.
Those roads u mentioned, works are on going from a section, some portion of the roads are now motorable. You u drive from aba to Enugu u notice federal roads under construction my friend or do u expect those roads to be fix in one day across the country is the same story. If not for anything, i travelled on that road on multiply times even now. Clueless or not Nigeria is under construction. If u dont like the man like his works.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
Princephelar:

Was Obasanjo d judiciary?
I leave you to judge sir
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
bakila:

You not knowing the power of someone being head of an office.
You like someone that abuse the office; not following due process
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
vacanci:

Families wanting change in government.
our families want transformation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
April4th:

Make I help u complete am "since the days of OBJ" grin grin grin
Oga na you talk am oh.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by tuyi19: 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

At least we can see what the money is being used for; sentiment apart..

do you know the impact of the money squandered and the high debt on the economy? moeny that was saved against the reaning day and some1 lavish it away and you are saying you can see what he use the moeny for. the money that should have be spent 10km road is been spent on 1km and u are happy.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by madjune(m): 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

Lol, you mean that the job losses from closing Radio Nigeria branches in several state capitals was due to banning import? When govt critics working in broadcasting were targeted for sacking was also due to prohibition of imports? Lol.

Buhari did not get bad name for fighting corruption. It was the biased way he went about it, jailing Christians/Southerners like Pa Ajasin, Dr Ekwueme, Aper Aku, Prof. Ali, Bola Ige, Jakande. Almost all with nothing against them. Shagari was in an Ikoyi mansion. No single Hausa Fulani was jailed.

In any case, a coupist who committed high treason (an offence punishable with death penalty) against his country by overthrowing a civilian govt has no name to protect.

Crating of Dr Dikko was over a personal grudge that every knows about.

Remember "driver get accident, conductor get punishment" song by Fela?

Some of you just flow with the current without knowing what started it.

In other words, you want to say the hackneyed opinion that he gagged the press.
Do you know what led to that sort of reaction towards some set of the press?
It's because Buhari went hard against drug couriers whom some elements in the military alongside MKO backed...and after, much warning, he resorted to capital punishment to scare them stiff.
Some people weren't happy. MKO wasn't happy. And you know he had a good influence over the western media which set the tone of discourse then. And the press attacked whom the controlled paid editors felt should be attacked.

On your "he jailed southerners and left northerners"

Its time to clear your heart of bias-
There are facts you may not know- As a civilian vice president, ekwueme somehow mysteriously built a brewery in his naative town of oko, ursurped money from his office and built the MODOTEL chain of hotels in the east.
Now, these begged for investigation.
And these, amongst others was why he was locked up.

Ambrose Ali, Aper Aku and Pa Ajasin were not entirely innocent.
They used up money from their office to fund their parties. Wrong.
I must admit, they didn't use the monies for themselves.

Did you know that Mohammed Goni was jailed too?
He ws from the north.
You remember Taatari Ali? He was jailed too.
And Barkin Zuwo?

Plssss. You guys need to read more or ask the older folks more questions than coming up here to spew uninformed biased lines.
SMH.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by ogunwalea(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
This man has done wella at least in the face of all opposition who did not want generation and power shift.......
what has he done concerning corruption in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by bakila: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

You like someone that abuse the office; not following due process

You dont know that if someone is acting he has powers over that office. More especially in GEJ special case that it was obvious that he would not take instructions from Yar'adua who cannot function.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by AK481(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Toongexa:
GEJ didn't release a dime for the Lagos state government during the Ebola crisis. I'm really sorry for people who support things blindly. Whoever you are I'm really sorry for your future.

your papa
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by hermesprogidy(m): 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
I don't blame you, I blame Social Media. I am probably your Father's mate. Don't comment on things you have scant memory of
Omooba77:

I guess you were not born then, I was in pry so I knew what happened, may we not have a government like that again.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Omooba77: 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
hermesprogidy:
I don't blame you, I blame Social Media. I am probably your Father's mate. Don't comment on things you have scant memory of
Thanks Mr. Methuselah;I can't tell you vividly what happened on August 27,1985 when Buhari was overthrew by Babaginda. So you can guess who I'm sir
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Splashme: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
When I corrected some group of men at a newspaper stand they looked at me as the ignorant one.

It was then I knew most Nigerians read and swallow every junk they see on APC media
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by simdam500(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed I thought bout this late last year...

But then I said to myself...

Nigerians must have been jazzed or something undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by mecusbosco(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
francizy:
He's trying indeed!

Where are the jobs?

Do you think you will identify one when it's looking at you?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by asids55: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

At least we can attest to our working rail lines and airport wearing new looks;I have friends who are lecturers now courtesy the new Federal universities

how many employees can a university take?? 100 or I dash am 200, so na 200 people u feel is okay for a country with 170 million population,?? abeg no settle for less, we deserve better
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by Princephelar(m): 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:

I leave you to judge sir
Ok sir. Im nt sayin Goodluckz responsible for d corruption bt if hez surrounded by thieves, whoz fault? and pls dnt forget dea were thieves durin OBJz time too even in d judiciary bt d man is just too wise. He knos when to strike and mark anyone he wanys to down hence dea was reducution in corruption, nt totally clean though bt now we have too many world known financial criminals rooming d street of NIGERIA. Not in support of anyone though, just expressing my observation
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by uchennamani(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Omooba77:
There is nothing so bad, so misleading and so naïve than when an ignorant person purports to make an argument out of an issue that is beyond his level of reasoning. This is what the O.P just did with his post on the number of years GEJ has spent in office. We can always forgive him because of one thing- his was plainly ignorant as he couldn't grasp the gist of his assertion. The presidency is an institution in NIgeria. In fact it is the foremost executive institution in the country. Our constitution stipulates that the president is the leader of the executive arm of government which is also reffered to as the presidency. The relevant sections of the constitution also did stipulates that the vice president should act on the absense of the president or any other time he couldn't perform his official duties. The verb 'act' needs a little clarification here as it is misleading when subjected to its everyday uses. Acting, therefore, within the context of our constitution simply means whenever the president for some reasons couldn't perform his official duties. The acts of the acting president is legally valid as he is now the leader of the presidency which is the foremost executive body in the country. The bills he signed into power are seen as the laws of the country even when the president resumed his duties later on. But in our case, the late yaradua never did. GEJ was quickly sworn in as the president and picked Sambo when yaradua died. He stayed in office till the last general election was conducted which he won convincingly to become the president. In summary, GEJ has spent more than four years in office so 0P learn how to get your facts before you run and post unintelligent post on a public forum like this.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by francizy(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
Do not justify GEJ's performance here. He has not created a conducive environment to attract investors. For example, we are still experiencing power issues when he allowed a man who would have transformed the power sector to resign thereby taking us back to darkness. He tried a bit but he didn't do enough. He showed Nigerians that integrity doesn't work in a corrupt system like Nigeria, that is why political crooks are exonerated. In as much as I criticize GEJ, I still do not fancy GMB coming in because he seems like a tribalistic bigot, so don't take me for an APC slave.

By the way, I'm hustling, that's why I am not using guns presently to rob people on the streets neither am I a fraudstar.. At least, I can feed myself daily till I get a job.

Frankiss44:

Nor go hustle... dey find who go pay your house rent.... Whether we like it or not, no messiah will employ everybody

Try me ma'am, show me the job and see me become a millionaire in less than 3 years.

sanc2s:
my dear, even if they show u d job, if ure meant to be poor, youl remain poor. Stop blaming Goodluck jonathan for your family problems. God and look for liberation first

If I were lazy, I would have wasted my degree years and graduated with a pass degree but I guess I was hardworking enough to top my department on several ocassions in a difficult educational system like ABU and one of the most difficult Engineering departments in Nigeria.

The problems with you PDP/APC slaves is that you hate the truth and u aggressively insult yourselves as if you're all political thugs. You don't even know me, yet you call me a lazy person.

#spits..

ZUBY77:

Lazy man.

What jobs?

Of course I will..

mecusbosco:

Do you think you will identify one when it's looking at you?

POLITICAL THUG

uchesino:
am just lookin 4 problem. U ar mumu

I understand where you are heading but please picture this scenario; everybody in Nigeria is free to do whatever s/he wants. There are many scam agencies out there duping people and nothing is done about it. Mind you, the truth is that GEJ tried too hard to please people that will never support him. The rest is left for you to figure because I can't give you details.

chidi01:

wait for them, they are coming. if OBJ did this much we would have been far from here. the things listed my the OP are what will gradually create the jobs, and they are just picking up. but at least we see them working not promises anymore. if another president comes, he will not have to bother about rail transport anymore except maintenance and policies that will enable for its sustenance. that's how a country grows. OBJ introduced GSM. but then it was not perfect, it was very costly, but today it's a different story.
i give GEJ pass mark. he has done well so far, though not perfect.

E go so make brain oh! Since him give crook presidential pardon, e go make sense make him give good citizen like me presidential job. Abi wetin you feel/think?

Xfemt:

No worry GEJ go come from Abj come give u work for ur house no find some tin doing de blame GEJ for ur joblessness

Oga Chynobeat, I get good songs way I write oh.. Wetin you feel, make we produce them..? LoL
Are you in any way connected to the Chinese people? You just used China as an example and also have Chyno in your moniker.

By the way, I appreciate your response unlike some insulting thugs.

ChynoBEATS:

oga abeg as big as china is , 90% of the jobs they have there now weren't created by their government..... The Government can only create a conducive environment for investors Who'll in-turn Create the jobs ......& Not Jobs for the whole UnEmployed citizen ........

Think na..... Even Obama, putin n the president of brazil are still being quarried on something That's virtually impossible.......

The government cannot create jobs out of. Thin air........ They can only revive an existing slot which can only Serve a select few......

Am not a fan of any governor, especially Tinubu/Fashola and their criminal minded tactics in stealing and still winning the hearts of Lagosians.

Haishophem:
What have been the state governor's contribution to job creation? Most of the governors and LG chairmen have been so irresponsible on their side, yet we capitalised their failures on the FG.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by EMANY01(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
Toongexa:
As you said the most recent development, but why can't you be reasonable, the pictures and the article I posted weren't as you described "foolish" nor was I "peddling" lies. As stupid as you sound I won't insult you. What I read on the link was that they had hit a snag, and China is gonna bid for the rail way stuff. That being said why didn't it occur to you that the high speed trains are still going to be constructed. Better a well established, meticulously done rail line that will take some time to finish than a mediocre, shoddy job for election campaigning. Whoever you are please grow up, whatever religion you practice, you are soiling its name. You think you can just be insulting people.By the way, #Nigeriamustwin not GMB or GEJ

If I came across as insulting you,please do forgive me I promised myself that I would never let myself descend to that level on Nairaland and your response serves to let me know that I have inadvertently crossed a line I set for myself.

Be that as it may I contend that the premise of your first post is false as the article and other related articles clearly state that
I,The project has not even begone
II,The Mexican parliament citing claims of corruption has forced the government to cancel the bid which Chinese firm won and declare a second round of bidding for the project.
III, new bid will include firms that preciously were not included in the previous bid and
iv,For the claim that the project is founded by the chinese (yours and no where infered in the articles) the article seems to indicate the possibility that Chinese may not win the second round of bids(totally my read).

Comparing our situation with the Mexicans is probably not a good idea.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months by EMANY01(m): 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
Toongexa:
As you said the most recent development, but why can't you be reasonable, the pictures and the article I posted weren't as you described "foolish" nor was I "peddling" lies. As stupid as you sound I won't insult you. What I read on the link was that they had hit a snag, and China is gonna bid for the rail way stuff. That being said why didn't it occur to you that the high speed trains are still going to be constructed. Better a well established, meticulously done rail line that will take some time to finish than a mediocre, shoddy job for election campaigning. Whoever you are please grow up, whatever religion you practice, you are soiling its name. You think you can just be insulting people.By the way, #Nigeriamustwin not GMB or GEJ

If I came across as insulting you,please do forgive me I promised myself that I would never let myself descend to that level on Nairaland and your response serves to let me know that I have inadvertently crossed a line I set for myself.

Be that as it may I contend that the premise of your first post is false as the article and other related articles clearly state that
I,The project has not even begone
II,The Mexican parliament citing claims of corruption has forced the government to cancel the bid which Chinese firm won and declare a second round of bidding for the project.
III, new bid will include firms that preciously were not included in the previous bid and
iv,For the claim that the project is founded by the chinese (yours and no where infered in the articles) the article seems to indicate the possibility that Chinese may not win the second round of bids(totally my read).

Comparing our situation with the Mexicans is probably not a good idea.
Again I sincerely apologize any insult giving was no intended.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women / Lagos Assembly Reverses Pedro's Impeachment After Eight Years / 3 Service Chiefs Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.