Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu (1233 Views)

Army Sacks General Aliyu Momoh / Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination In 1961, General Aliyu Gusau / Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu by AnanseK(m): 12:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Published on January 24, 2015
By Greenbarge Reporters
Nigerian minister of Defence, General Aliyu Gusau has confirmed that he was a school mate of General Muhammadu Buhari who is currently the Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) for the February 14 election.
“You know that I’m not a politician but the truth needs to be told that I know Buhari since 1960. He passed through the school that I also attended. He sat for his Cambridge/ WASC examination and came out with Division 2. He then joined the Army, rose to become Major General and Head of State.”
General Gusau, who reacted today to the lingering controversies dogging the secondary school certificate of General Buhari when he spoke to newsmen, wondered why uptil now, the Old Students Association which was formed years ago had not come out to defend its member, in the person of General Buhari.
“We had just formed an association of old students of Katsina Provincial School, right from when it was a Middle School till date. And His Royal Highness, the Emir of Katsina, as an ex student of the school, invited some of us as the representatives of different sets, to his palace and we decided to even form a secretariat. I thought that the secretariat of our association should have clarified the status of Buhari’s certificates long before it took this dimension.”
General Gusau said that he met General Buhari in the Katsina Provincial Secondary School when he was enrolled into the School in January 1960, the year of independence.
“General Buhari, at that, was in form five. I stayed two years with General Buhari at the school. They passed out in 1961 and we passed out in 1964. Buhari had leadership qualities since secondary school; in form five, he was a House Prefect.
“Their set went up to form six but we were the first set that finished school at form five. Normally, out of those in form five, the school authorities used to pick House Prefects and when they get to form six, House Captains were chosen from those who were House Prefects. In Buhari’s case, he was a House Prefect in 1960 when we joined. By 1961, when he was in form six, he was chosen to be the Head Boy of the School.
“There were four Houses during our time in the school; Magaji House, Kaura House, Alkali House and Durbi House. Buhari was the House Prefect of Magaji House in 1960, Justice Umaru Abdullahi was the House Prefect of Alkali House, the late Mamman A Zango who became a policeman, was House Prefect of Kaura House while the late General Shehu Musa Yarádua was House Prefect of Durbi House. By 1961, all of them became the House Captains of their respective Houses but Buhari became the Head Boy.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:10am On Jan 25, 2015
Its okay please,let's concentrate on more yielding ventures than wasting bytes arguing over a 'non-existing' saphi-ticket.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 25, 2015
That is Jonathan's minister of Defense o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu by owobokiri(m): 2:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Don't be surprised if it is later revealed that even this very moronic looking Aliyu Gasua has no certificate too. Infact I doubt if any of them from that inglorious class/school can boast of a serious saatripikati with the requisite grades that would have earned them a place in the army. . This was one of the reasons adduced by Nzeogwu for the first coup; the dumbing down of military recruitment qualifications by the then NPC ministrer of defence in cahoots with the sarduana

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Passed Cambridge/ WASC Examination With Division 2 In 1961, General Aliyu by AnanseK(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
owobokiri:
Don't be surprised if it is later revealed that even this very moronic looking Aliyu Gasua has no certificate too. Infact I doubt if any of them from that inglorious class/school can boast of a serious saatripikati with the requisite grades that would have earned them a place in the army. . This was one of the reasons adduced by Nzeogwu for the first coup; the dumbing down of military recruitment qualifications by the then NPC ministrer of defence in cahoots with the sarduana

Certificates are important and are useful but my friend , it's not just the certificate that does the work. I am sure you will tell me that both Generals Ihejirika and Minimah have certificates but the rag tag Shakau terrorists are giving us bloody nose on a daily basis and shaming us as a nation. you very we'll know how our PhD president is muddling along destroying the country.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Pics: Student's Head Cut Open During Clash Between APC And PDP Members. / NLC Delegate Confrence:buhari/oshimole Stole The Show.. / GEJ's Government Has Abandoned Bakassi Indigenes – Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.