Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? (1151 Views)

Will This Continue In Marriage? / Not All Relationships End In Marriage, But... - Bamisepeters 'blog / Adewumi Opeyemi Caught Exhibiting Tribalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by GistDairy: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
This is a true life matter sha...

This young guy and his gf have been dating for more than 4 years cus they started dating while they were in 100L in uni. They graduated together and the relationship still continued. They love each other die sha to the extent everyone already is waiting for their wedding cards to pop out.
It got to parents knowing their plans for marriage and then stories started changing. The guy is form the south and his parents didnt have any issue with the girl who is from the east but now the girls parent are bringing up crazy excuses of their daughter having to go abroad for her master and all that before she should think of marriage.
The whole stuff sha was so clear that they want their daughter to get married to a guy from the east and not south.
Now the long time relationship is about to end as a result of this and the girl is making it worse cus she claims she has no say over her parents decisions.

What do you think would be best for this two?
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by delishpot: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
She should try to make her parents see reason with her. If she can win them over, it will be great.
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by zyzxx(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
the lady don't care about the relationship so I guess the guy should let her go

If she really love d guy she will stand for the love
I guess it d guy dat av plan for d relationship but d girl did'nt

D guy should move on
If she try to confuse her parent nw en en different case
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by adepiero: 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
It pisses me off when I hear a girl say she has no say over her parents decision. is it her parent that is getting married or her?

Even if they are clearly making a wrong decision, would you still go along with their plan or go for what you think is best for you!

that was how I lost my ex to a Yankee guy just because the guy's mother is friend to my ex's mother angry
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by xpac01(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
This same parents might be the ones contacting men of God to pray for the daughter to get a husband. For me the girl should better leave the father and mother and cling unto her lover, thats what the bible said.
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by delishpot: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dont blame the girl, until you walk in her shoes, you will not know how hard it is to look your mom and dad in the eye and say 'I will marry him wether you like it or not' Lets be sincere here abeg and not expect others to do what we will find hard to do if the table should turn.
How many of us men will be ready to turn our backs on our family because of a woman? Its not that easy abeg.
Plus she is a woman, what if she has problem with the husbands family in future? Just a small remark may be considered a crime by some people in his family and then she will be given the cold shoulder. If something happens to him or her i.e they fall sick and she needs her family to support her etc. Abeg, marriage involves the partners and their parents if they are alive and I will encourage her and the guy to talk to her parents. Even if it means taking a pastor along. The girl should plan with the guy And her moms pastor. She should tell her parents she want to talk to them and then the guy and the pastor appear to the parents. She should make sure they support her marriage
Re: Why Is There Still Tribalism In Marriage? by aristocrazzy: 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
If na me I go carry the girl go jand, marry her and born pikin then come back and let me see if they fit stop the marriage. Smmch!

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If That Babe Truly Appreciates You / Confused Afff / What Is The Difference Between Loving Someone And Having A Crush On Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.