Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? (2984 Views)

What Name Did You Saved Your Lover's Phone Number With? / What Would You Do If You See A Love Text On Your Lover's Phone? / Picking Up Calls During Love Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2005
Hey guys: do you like picking your gurlfriend calls?
And if you are a lady: do you like picking your boyfriend calls?

(I think) most people don't like that idea. Tell us what you feel about it.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by nike4luv(f): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2005
course i do!
hes my lover duh!..hes kind of special to me and i just like picking his calls  rolleyes
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by flickr: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2005
or making sure no other chick is calling
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
REally?
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by hotnsexy: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
smartsoft:

REally?

why is that hard to believe? you cant be too careful
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by vexxy(f): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2005
Why would one not wish to pick a call from his/her girl/boyfriend? If you truly care about that person you'd enjoy the shared conversations.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by flickr: 12:30am On Oct 05, 2005
the original questions is - your bf/gf phone is ringing - do YOU pick it up?
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by vexxy(f): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2005
Ah, I see. Reading in a hast: shame on me.

I'd only pick it up if he asks me. Other than that, no. He's intitled to his/her privacy.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2005
well if i happen to have a gurlfriend now., i woun't pick her calls expect she ask me 2..  You can't just pop your hand just lyke that into her bag...and pick up the phone.. Respect has to come in.. that what i feell about that o.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by IAM1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2005
trust dont exist .u might just end up with high blood pressure
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by uche777(f): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2005
Well if i'm left to say,it's bad manners to pick her calls when not asked to.

Cos everyone is entitled to his or her privacy.

@I AM

Honestly the issue of trust has nothin to do with this,

cos even if she trusts u dat much to the extent of pickin her calls spontaneously, can erupts some problems.(i mean personal problems)
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2005
Yeah I AM.. but one thing.. u must make ur partner belive you and trust you. without that, the relationship is notting.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by vexxy(f): 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2005
True. Lack of trust can drive a person insane in a relationship. You'd constantly be questioning and doubting him/her. What's the point of the relationship if that's the case?
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2005
Vexxy, if it happen i was going out with ya, and i saw u with a guy.. and i asked you who is that guy and u told me is a friend.. and around you.. thier is notting big.. u guys are just friend. and the second day i saw u again with same guy and the guy has notting to do with ya. but out of jealousy.. i didn't trust you again. woun't u be mad at me, cos i didn't belive he was just mere friend and notting more. eh
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by da808cutie(f): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2005
I'd only answer his phone if he gives his permission. other than that, he deserves as much privacy as i do.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by vexxy(f): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2005
Smartsoft: Yes, I'd be upset with you. If I tell you he's a friend, he's a friend. If you don't believe me, that would make me think you're calling me a liar.

Why would you want to date someone you obviously don't trust
Why would I want to date someone who doesn't trust me
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2005
Good 4 u
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by hotangel2(f): 1:25am On Oct 06, 2005
U gusy dont get the topic!!!!

It means do u pick your boyfriend/gf phone when it rings>?> Like pick on his/her behalf.

Anyways yeah i sometimes do. But do i care noo.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by Jackie(f): 3:07am On Oct 06, 2005
Picking up ur man's call wink shouldn't be an issue should it? Thing is sh'dn't be some suspicious drive behind it. f course if u go visiting andlet say he's taking a shower a phone rings, why sh'd u not answer the call, of course not being fishy or things like that, he doesn't have anything to hide anyways,
On the other hand if he was present when the phone rings, then he should pick up his phone, It's wrong for u fighting to answer his calls.

Ladies please don;t do this. This is an act of insecurity ,distrust and low self exteem which doesn't portray a positive image of a Lady tongue yep i mean it

If u suspect ur man in anyway shocked, sit him down and communcate, get down to the bottom of it, pray for directions and wisdom and if u are not satisfy with the situation lipsrsealed, MOVE ON
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by uche777(f): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2005
winkExactly
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by vexxy(f): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2005
I would feel that the same goes for checking email, mail, and pockets. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by nike4luv(f): 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2005
oh.is dat wat u meant..ooh.....nah i dont like picking his callz..invasion of privacy innit..i think it gets on his nerves..
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2005
Dats good nikky
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by hotangel2(f): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2005
rolleyes wat's good. No picking his calls on his behalf? That's not good. Why cant i pick his calls? Anyways i don't give a pong about it.. But i still can pick it if i want to.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by layi(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2005
I'll have to second HotAngel here.

I'm not particular about recieving her calls but i will if i wish to. Of course i've got no reason to her her calls if she's disposed to. If she's around and indisposed..i'll ask if to pick it up but if she's not around..i'll it.

Privacy stuff doesnt come in here. She's my lover. I should be able to pick calls on her behalf except she tells me not to. well, that means she'll need also permision to even touch me.

I wont hide anything from her so she's got to be open as well.

I dont see any boundaries btw us except the 1 she sets and tells me verbally. Else we've got nothin to hide and there are no stupid protocol btw us. We are 1. She can even wear my boxers for all i care.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by eveseh(f): 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2006
I never do that,when i pcik up calls it's mean am jaloers tongue
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by abbey02(f): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2006
because he's my lover and i have the right to pick his call. cheesy
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by somegirl(f): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2006
Privacy is something nice but ---

First, the one who asks for privacy also must respect another person’s privacy. My boyfriend, e.g., who once complained that I had intruded his privacy used to read my sms and send sms from my mobile phone as he liked (both of course without asking). So, one morning I woke up to find him fiddling with my phone.

Secondly, why would it bother anybody if his girl/boyfriend picked the call if s/he didn’t have anything s/he was hiding? In my family, we all pick each others call. There is actually no other way because most people call the land line phone. Then you pick the call, say “hello” and the other person says “hi, can I speak to x?”. So you sometimes even get to talk to people whom you know but who would not think of calling you directly.

In case of my boyfriend, he better not tell me that I shouldn’t pick his calls. After all, my calls to him have already been picked by a female friend of his. It would be strange if he let other people pick his calls but not me, abi?

Btw, that reminds me of a time when a girl/woman called my number. Let’s say my boyfriend’s name was “Oluwole” but everybody called him “Wole”. Now, this caller wanted to speak “Olu”. I suspected that she wanted to speak to my boyfriend because I knew that he had used my phone to send sms and that she might have gotten my number thus. But she hang up before I could confirm it and he later told me that NOBODY calls him “Olu”. Coincident?

Well, my feeling is that somebody who requests that much privacy as to that the girl/boyfriend may not pick his/her calls probably has some secret(s) to hide ---
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by kinzolic(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2006
Nah i can't unless she asks me to,she's entitled 2 her privacy n same goes for me.
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by smartsoft(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2006
thats one of thing my gurl lykes me for
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by manakins: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2006
My watch word for this situation is
SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL
just let things be.
No picking eachothers call. wink wink
Re: Why Do You Pick Up Calls on Your Lover's Phone? by lovestinks(f): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2006
I DONT PICK MY BOYFRIENDS CALLS 4 JUST 1 REASON AND BELIEVE ME HE KNOWS THE REASON"DONT WANT HIM PICKING MINE" WEN WE MARRIED YES BUT NOW NO, PLUS ALSO BELEIVE WAT I DONT KNOW WILL NOT KILL ME, ONCE I TRIED IT WITH AN EX, WENT TRU HIS TEXT MESSAGE, I ALMOST HAD AN ATTACK,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help A Long Distance Relationship! / Can A Player Get Played / What Will You Do If You Girlfriend Said This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.