Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why I Will Vote for GEJ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Vote for GEJ (27683 Views)

POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by ngoziiwenofu1: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2015
I will forever be grateful to GEJ for all the good things he has done for our country Nigeria.
Thinks of Sure P, e-wallet etc

Don't be deceived

PDP is the party
Join the moving train.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by blackandbold: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Isaactroy:
I just dont get it,everybody is just blaming gej for the chibok girls kidnap,while the truth of the matter remains that there had been no kidnapp,and if there was,it was not GEJ that kidnaped em but buari and his thugs.
who let yhe dogs out, who let the dogs out......singing
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Habeebpain(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Aksonman:
I'll vote GEJ because I have very high self-esteem and i do not hold him responsible for my personal problems...unlike Buhari fans.

GEJ is doing a great job. Crude oil prices slumped, Naira has been devalued for months now, yet inflation has not reached the roof unlike what's happening to Russia now.
In Nigeria, the things you bought at N100 when Naira was N160 to $, still cost N100 (or even less) now that it's N200 to $.

Someone is managing our economy very well.

Bros you can lie o! It seems you don't buy things online that's why you're saying rubbish. From N167 to a dollar, it has increased to N195 and you're saying prices haven't increased. Nigeria is a country that imports a lot of consumer electronics, there's no way the price will not have increased.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by emy77: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=DaBullIT post=30173090]

There is no second Niger bridge and most of the constructions of roads were awarded by states even if its GEJ that released the funds , which he wouldn't have if it wasn't for campaign [/quote

hw can u honestly say such a tin? so d completely dualized abuja- lokoja road was awarded by states? do u hw many times dat road was awarded and reawarded by OBJ's govt? or is it d east west road? i can count a least 2 times wen Tony Anenih under OBJ awarded dat contract wtout a single trip of sand goin to site! at least dis man is workin naija in d past 25years hav neva had its federal roads so good. i travelled on d benin- sagamu road yesterday, and its clear nw dat we hav a government dat works.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by ngoziiwenofu1: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2015
For upgrading the Enugu Airport to international status, lots of my peeps flew in directly from USA to Enugu.

for introducing IPPIS into civil service, that step alone nipped. corruption at the bud.

for being a true democrat.

its GEJ all the way!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by coldFLARES1(m): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2015
I would have voted GEJ for:
1. 2nd Niger Bridge: I was in Onitsha less than 3 wks ago and would like to be educated where that project is sited and how long ago contractors were mobilized to site; the cost of the project and financing arrangement; the amount so far spent and what year it was appropriated for?
2. His expert handling of the economy:His defence of the free-falling naira; his burgeoning savings in the foreign reserves; the evidences of his works with savings from fuel pump price increment funnelled into the SURE-P; a resort to obtaining loans for fighting terrorism when a simple supplementary appropriation would suffice he had money saved up.
3. For the numerous scams that have taken place under his watch without a notable indictment; for the state pardon granted previously convicted criminals by Okupe's Jesus Christ.
4. For maintaining a conspiratorial silence while over 15,000 citizen are slaughtered in a relative 'peace time' while he swore to be responsible for the security and welfare of citizens.

But as I no like better thing so, I go ote Buhari/APC
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Isaactroy(m): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2015
This man GEJ loves nigeria and his people so much that was why he resigned as the president of ecowas just to focus only on nigerian problems,
gej is maintaining true democracy thats why poeple can be able to carry placards to the gorverment house to protest and the police or army would not attack em,
and someone can also go to d press and write many rubish agaist the gorvernment,and the security angents would not track him or her down and arrest him,
some one can even trow stones and satchet waters to the president's convoy and he would not order his security to retaliate.
Everybody know that u cant try those things in buhari or anyother person's regime even obasanjo,
just imagen what happened to fella kuti. Poeple should think.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2015
ifex40:

what you try to say is GEJ is a good president both the problem you have is that is not in APC

if you like GEJ vote for him not party.
No, gej has helped to destroy the monster pdp, we genuinely have the opportunity to bury it in 2wks time
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Baddestguyp(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2015
this is good to hear. but buhari fans just keep condemning goodluck. I have never seen a single buhari supporter state what buhari did during his tenure and why they want to vote for him.

GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Ezemust: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
I would have voted gej for giving us the opportunity to defeat the monster pdp but he is on the pdp ticket. Thanks anyways for your cluelessness
i see ur pain.but as they say:ur pain my gain.SHALOM
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Ezemust: 10:58am On Jan 27, 2015
seapson:
@ OP and poster above me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d thunder dat will fire u and jonathan is doing press up!!!!!!
shey thunder na ur bros?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by iragunima: 11:00am On Jan 27, 2015
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by meolaniyi(m): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2015
berem:
Ifeanyichukwu,good morning to you.
Your comments have been terribly missed. I hope you are back fully?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ashawo Nairaland. person that will marry you, marry ashawo. we dont want you In Yoruba land. You can report to mod. no be them dey harmer your smelly pusssy?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Mist100: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2015
I will vote GEJ because
1. He is an ingrate. Tunde Bakare and his save Nigeria Group mounted pressure on the govt that brought him to power yet his advisers and security operatives have intimidated and threatened members of the group.
2. He is a threat to democracy. We were protesting peacefully when he rolled out tanks to disperse us at ojota during the oil subside removal saga.
3.He is against freedom of press. Media houses that reported their sides about the chibok girls were accused of breaching protocols and shut down.
4. He is lawless. How can Fayose a member of his party sack more than half of the house of reps members, sent thugs to beat up a judge under his nose and nothing was done.
5. He is corrupt. James Ibori was not found guilty in Nigeria but he is facing sentence in the UK. He even granted pardon to Alameiaigha, the gov that plundered bayelsa state.
6. He is corrupt again. How can you appoint the wife of an ex convict Olabode George who milked NPA as chairman NDLEA.
7. He has no clue. Will he hold PHCN accountable after donating to his campaign funds?
8. He has no value for education. Under his watch polytechnics and universities went on very long strike.
9. He listens to children. It took little Malala from Pakistan to convince him to see parents of the kidnapped chibok girls.
10. He is educated. He publicly declared stealing is not corruption and corruption is not stealing. Habaaaa..
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Collynzo419: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2015
Isaactroy:
[s]This man GEJ loves nigeria and his people so much that was why he resigned as the president of ecowas just to focus only on nigerian problems,
gej is maintaining true democracy thats why poeple can be able to carry placards to the gorverment house to protest and the police or army would not attack em,
and someone can also go to d press and write many rubish agaist the gorvernment,and the security angents would not track him or her down and arrest him,
some one can even trow stones and satchet waters to the president's convoy and he would not order his security to retaliate.
Everybody know that u cant try those things in buhari or anyother person's regime even obasanjo,
just imagen what happened to fella kuti. Poeple should think. [/s]

Illiterate
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by emy77: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2015
Barywhyte:

I wonder o. People praising their leaders or rulers in the case of Nigeria, for constructing roads, providing electricity that they pay for, providing water etc. A case of serious mental slavery occasion by years of mental retardation and poverty.

As for me, none of these two men is credible enough to receive another 4 year mandate. Both of them dont have clear cut plan or strategy on how to implement their much touted manifesto. "I will create 2million jobs" is a vague statement that contain no substance. The question is HOW? They can't say. And for a man who has spent 6 years in that position and couldn't create 50000 jobs, I don't know what's left in his brain to explore. Its just a case of two devils. For those rooting for Jona, one day you will all wake up to a bokoharam flag being hoisted at aso villa

mister...d prob i see is dat d fact dat we want it all good all at once, blinds us from d realities of d present strides we are making. u mentioned dat GEJ could not create evn 50,000 jobs. its either u dont live in nigeria or u re just plain ignorant. pple re gettin jobs now more dan eva in our history as a nation. for example, we all agree dat he built 12 new federal universities, 9 of which re in northern nigeria. Guy, who do u tink works in doz institutions if nt nigerians. if only 1000 pple re employed in each of doz schools, do u knw hw many formerly unemployed nigerians re employed nw?? hav u stopped to tink? i for one, am a beneficiary. i currently wrk in one of d institutions and i cant begin to count hw mny new pple re being taken evryday. a friend who jst had his PhD abroad jst got employed in one of d schools. my friends if dat is not progress, pray, wat is dont compare nigeria wt america or britain. compare todays nigeria wt d nigeria of 2009!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by happydays1(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2015
i will vote GEJ since APC which i was supporting before because of my favourite man fashola and d best person in APC was not chosen instead they allow tribal sentiment to cover age, education and integrity f actor which fashola has.
2. GEJ might have not done much but buhari is never an alternative in dis mordern time. he cant speak fluently, has a strong local accent.
3. despite GEJ short coming i still prefare him because he has performed in some areas like agriculture, education, allowing full participation of any company in generation of electricity, again..., uwin....i hope to win dis year....and many more.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by nellyjohn: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2015
It's GEJ all the way till 2019
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by iamord(m): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2015
MadCow1:

I WILL VOTE JONATHAN BECAUSE

1. I want more graduates to die from stampedes in future Civil service recruitment as the over 60 that have died in the 2009 and 2014 immigration's recruitment has not reduced the number of unemployed graduates significantly.

2. I will vote him again because under him, Nigeria has lost some of its territories iin the North East to terrorists armed by the incompetent and demoralised Nigerian Army..

3. I would Vote Jonathan again so that the NNPC can continue to misappropriate funds to lease Jets and even misplace 20 Billion dollars and act like it ain't shit. And if any baggar makes noise, we remove them illegally from office and replace them with stooges.

4. I will vote Jonathan because under him, Nigerian Universities have now started reducing the number of Graduates thanks to the way they get shot by the army during protests and how Boko haram can freely enter and slaughter the ones lucky to escape the army bullets at night.

5. I will vote Jonathan again so that more small girls can be disappeared from their schools and nobody would go looking for them as the number of girls in Nigeria are too much already.

6. I willl vote Jonathan again so that some of our innocent politicians who were arrested and jailed for Corruption (which we now know is not stealing) can be released immediately. Ibori is one of the other innocent man unjustly jailed for corruption. Aunty cecelia Ibru is also amongst some innocent Nigerians unjustly locked up for corruption..

7. I will vote for Jonathan because I want an increase in Subsidy payments. It's obvious that the people we suspected before of corruption in the Subsidy scam were learners as despite the partial removal of subsidy, the cleaning up of the system of corruption, we are paying more now for subsidy than when corruption was in the subsidy system.

8. I will vote for Jonathan because Stella Oduah was just an innocent corrupt woman who did not steal.. And her corruption was not even bad that's why she was never investigated nor charged to court. Those bulletproof cars imported corruptly via Coscharis were not a crime. Unless it can be proven that the cars were stolen as stealing is a crime not corruption.

9. I will vote for Jonathan so that we can keep rebasing the economy to be above south Africa that has a very active manufacturing based economy backed by diamond mining and tourism. I want GEJ and Okonjo to please re-rebase our economy because though I now change dollar for 205 to 1 dollar as against 165 before now and poverty is on the rise, I am a citizen of the largest economy in Africa.. I have used it to boast to my Charley friends in Ghana like jiggaman and co..

10. I vote for Jonathan because I want a strong First Lady that can insult state governors, scatter their house of assembly with her boys, use pythagoras theory rules to hold elections where 5 is greater than 25 and if they argue use repentant militants to scatter everywhere.. afterall, the first lady has a maths degree from Uniport.

11. I will vote for GEJ so that our pensioners whose monies have been a matter of scams and emblezlement like the Police pension fund and Civil service pension fund can die quickly. The population of the country is already too much.

12. I will vote GEJ because though he has declared austerity measures, he has increased his food budget from 1 billion to 4 billion.. You know his wife is growing fatter and her belle hass swollen so she has to eat more food.. And if she is fat, it is a good reflection on our rebased economy.. it means everybody is living large in nigeria even with austerity measures in place.

13. I will vote GEJ because the Power sector has improved.. before, it use to be that we don't have light alone, now PHCN under a new name have improved.. they now even charge u for no light because I receive estimated bill every month. I suspect that they have started billing for generator light as well. And don't ask about pre-paid meter as it is no longer available..

I will edit and add more soon.. lemme go and laminate my PVC just incase it mistakenly falls into a tub of bleach and fades..
the irony is deep!
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by 50calibre(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2015
sammhi:

i agree with you on the deocratic principles...but those nations are made up of educated and covilised people...here some are even saying education is haram
how many nigerians read this your posts? less than a thousand out of millions......so we still have a long way tp go....dats why some dont want a school cert holder as president.....in same patty there are educated guys even from the north.. so that is where to start let the president be educated and modern not someone who cant use modern gadgets . such person as head will easily be deceived or manipulated.......by smart educated guys like Tinubu and amaechi..etc...even now tradotional rulers are eduated people e.g. emir of kano sultan and even oba of lagos etc

Fair point!! But can you tell me what your definition of education is, a piece of paper?

According to what I've read, Buhari attended 3 prestigious military colleges in India, US & UK which should be equivalent to or even higher than a Nigerian degree, isn't that true?

What separates your "educated" current president & his wife from the average illiterate on the street (a quick google search revealed patience Jonathan is a graduate of University of Port Harcourt & was once a teacher lol..)

How has your "educated" President been able to apply his doctorate towards effective leadership of the country?

If you can answer these questions, perhaps I will understand where you're coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by MEILYN(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2015
biafranqueen:
Those with brains think well!

My List:
1.Education reforms
2.Road development and maintenance especially the one to Buhari's house.
3.Women Empowerment
4.Business Development
5.Information Act
Should I keep going?
Those with brains as if you have a functioning brain. Your list did not state any tangible achievement. Security, Economy went far below par under GEj while corruption rose to its highest. If you had a brain as you claim. You would have noticed a non-functional government under GEJ.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Habeebpain(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Go and write down these word I say today; I am not speaking empty words, I know what I am saying. Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

Nuff said.

Dive-Bomber

And if he does, What will you do? GEJ might win the election but only God knows who will be president. Abiola won the election right? Did he become president?

Stop taking this election like it's a do or die affair. No one is sure of living till the next hour.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 27, 2015
Habeebpain:

And if he does, What will you do? GEJ might win the election but only God knows who will be president. Abiola won the election right? Did he become president?

Stop taking this election like it's a do or die affair. No one is sure of living till the next hour.

I only accept one thing from your post that God is the GREATEST and I BOW before HIM. I am sure God hates it when a particular group of people think that it is their birth right to rule over others.

I know why I am saying that Buhari will never rule Nigeria again, I have some info which I cannot divulge online. Forget it, APC is fighting a lost battle. Even if buhari wins, he will not be president of Nigeria. He will not rule Nigeria again. cool
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Habeebpain(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2015
meolaniyi:
Ashawo Nairaland. person that will marry you, marry ashawo. we dont want you In Yoruba land. You can report to mod. no be them dey harmer your smelly pusssy?

Dude! You're a kid.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by mrkings84(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
I would have voted gej for giving us the opportunity to defeat the monster pdp but he is on the pdp ticket. Thanks anyways for your cluelessness
Are u voting the party or the personality? ALL THE SAME ANYWAY... A CLUELESS THOUGHT FROM A MUCH CLUELESS BEING.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Guk: 11:33am On Jan 27, 2015
1. For the consolidation of our democracy. It is an undeniable fact that under the watch of GEJ, Nigeria democracy has grown from a near one party state to a two major political parties state, just like the US. The opposition parties (APC, APGA, CPC, ACN, labour party, accord, etc)have won more elections under GEJ than at any other time in the history of Nigeria. This is actually good for our democracy because it will allow for checks and balances and more competition in the long run.

A democracy without proper Political Education is ZERO and it is very apparent that we lack political education as a nation evident in the political prostitution of elected office holders and total lack of ideology or articulated positions of all political actors. And you make it sound as if PDP is doing the other parties a favour by them winning 1 or 2 states. Unfortunately, GEJ himself lacks political education t4, he cannot give what he doesnt have.

2. For the regime of free and fair election to be continued and consolidated in my country. For me, the greatest corruption is rigging and stealing of electoral mandate. GEJ has restored sanity to our electoral system so much so that the chorus amongst politicians these days is that their supporters should arm themselves with PVC for the election day. Therefore, my dear country has joined the league of advanced democracies where the voters card is a potent weapon. It was not so before. Before, in this same country, the voters card was useless. Before now, results of elections were written before election day.

Obviously, the definition of sanity here is biased as there is absolutely no sanity in our electoral process. INEC has failed woefully and the head should have been sacked since for incompetence. Voter registration has been shoddy (Anambra State election was rigged by a totally messed up electoral register) & today as we speak, can you equate the anxiety and high blood pressure we are experiencing in order to obtain our PVC as Sanity moreover, INEC had 4 years to plan for this election and had Anambra; Edo; Ekiti & Osun to practise and perfect the art but they have failed. I am one of the 1.8million registered voters in Lagos whom INEC claimed our data was corrupted a few months ago. Till today, it hasnt been resolved but the simple question is, why cant INEC go back to our initial registration and use the data to verify us and give us our PVC. Jega should have been fired for incompetence

3. For the free and vibrant press that we currently enjoy to continue

The free and vibrant press today even though they are all compromised is simply due to Social Media. Social Media has compelled the press in Nigeria to follow their leading as its difficult to go the other direction when Social media is supporting their own story with pictures

4. For work on the Second Niger Bridge to continue and be completed. Whether the enemies of progress like it or not, whereas in the last 30 years NOTHING was done about that very important bridge, in the last 4 years (2011 to 2015) and under the regime of GEJ, work has started on the Second Niger and very importantly, PROGRESS has been made. From nothing, the bridge was designed, contract awarded to a reputable construction giant (Julius Berger), preliminary works was started and completed, compensation that amounted to over #1 billion was paid to those with properties in the right of way and real construction work commenced on site. When you move from nothing to do all of that in 4 years, that is my definition of PROGRESS. I will vote for that progress to continue.

Congrats on the 2nd Niger Bridge but refering back to lack of Political Education. We do not question the cost of these contracts. We are too easy to please by the things we see whilst they smile to the bank with the things we do not see (e.g. Paying out Trillions of =N= on Fuel Subsidy when fraction of it would have built a couple of refineries)

5.For ongoing works on various federal highways, especially those in the southeast to be continued and completed. Especially, the Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH, Benin-Ore and Lagos-Ibadan roads. Except for maybe Gowon, I don't think any other past govt can match the record of GEJ in the road sector in the last 4 years. And the quality of work has been great. I will vote for that to continue.

Same as my response for item 4. Please vote for the waste to continue. Are we not all in the economic mess together now where our National account is totally empty and we cannot meet our obligations?

6. For the reforms and revival of the railways to continue. The achievements of this govt in the railway sector has been impressive. The govt is not only restoring the narrow gauge lines that was allowed to rot away by past govt, they are also building brand new standard railways and the Abuja light rail. I will vote for that to continue.

IMPRESSIVE We seriously need the aid of a dictionary here. 30hour Journey by train from Lagos to Kano is IMPRESSIVE Enugu to PHC in 7hours is IMPRESSIVE Are you aware that Trillions of Naira has bn spent to this so called railway transformation & you boldly say you shall vote for that to continue

7. Under this govt, we have seen very innovative policies and programmes that work on ground (not paper), such as YOUWIN, SURE-P, e-wallet for farmers, etc. I will vote for continuity of govt programmes that have been tested and trusted.

YOUWIN, SURE-P are just conduit pipes of wastage. As for YOUWIN, well executed but poorly conceived. I would rather provide incentive to existing SME's who have experience in whatsoever they do that will enable them to take on more employees who will learn under them before launching out. What you have done with YOUWIN is to give people grants (free money) and thrown them into the same overwhelming turbulent Oceans of lack of electricity etc that is presently killing existing SMEs
SURE-P should never have been instituted as there should not have been a need for it as the Subsidy itself is a big Scam

8. I will vote for the ongoing revolution in the agriculture sector to continue.

[b]I actually want to believe that there is a revolution in agriculture but the only thing we here is "we killed corruption in fertilizer distribution" Where are the revolution in Storage Faclities?? In Animal Husbandry and so on and so forth as agric is not abt fertilizer alone. There is also too much manipulation of information that has exposed them (1) It is claimed we have 6 million rice farmers meaning 1 in every 25 of us is a rice farmer FALSE! (2) Min of Agric can on air and said over =N=400billion had been saved by growing Rice in Nigeria but we are yet to experience that savings. Ebonyi state is quickly name dropped as our Rice destination but we are yet to see the economy of Ebonyi as the place to go to....if there truly is a revolution of rice production in Ebonyi, it should attract Guest House Owners; Bank Branches; Rice Bag producers; Haulage Companies; diverse food sellers; urgent construction to meet the needs of Rice enterprenuers; Improved IGR for Ebonyi state but......

Hear this.....Min of Agric: We are almost self sufficient in rice production......but just 2 weeks ago, Stallion and OLAMS are owing us over =N=30billion for import duty on Rice. to confirm it GEJ last week reads the riot act about the same thing....the next question is how come they are owing Nigeria import duty? Is import duty not paid before you clear your goods?? and how come they havent paid for so long that FG now has to threaten them publicly....hmmm...some deal gone wrong?? ...... but are Stallion and OLAMS not part of the local rice production revolution?? #WetinIKnowSef?[/b]

9. This govt has insisted that even in the area of corruption, PREVENTION is better than cure. Because I believe prevention is better than cure and that Buhari with his gang of thieves will not do better, I will vote for continuity. In any case, the Buhari approach failed in 1983 so let's try something else.

YOU will vote in continuation of corruption? that means you will vote in favour of what rightfully belongs to you bn wacked by a few uncaring people? Please outline the so called PREVENTION methods as GEJ has failed woefully with respect to corruption and he cannot turn around tommorrow and succeed in an area he is deeply rooted in.

10. I will vote for continuity of the reforms in the power sector. The last thing that is needed in that sector now is policy somersault.

I had to laugh here....the comedians in Nigeria are not even in competition with you grin. If you burn =N= daily through purchase of fuel for your generator(s), then you will NEVER vote PDP in any election. 16years + Billions of $$ & no electricity in sight. Whether its the Policy or its implementation, neither works & you and I are the mugus. Meter maintenance charge was increased from =N250 to =N=750.....that is a criminal % increase & to rub insult into injury, you have to pay it whether you have electricity or not and nobody cares abt u.....Pls go and vote darkness again O! As for me and household, we have concluded that even the KOWA party candidate cannot be worse than GEJ, t4 we proclaim a change.
FG sold PHCN to private investors and has now come back to offer them Intervention money through CBN as FG continues to pay Legacies debts to these new owners......pls vote to continue living in darkness and your commonwealth bn shared by a few people o!!!

11. In the last 4 years, the federal govt, working with the state govt and the people have given relative peace to my state. I vote for that peace to continue.

Relative peace in your state? Congrats, but pls beg them to extend the peace to Plateau; Benue; Kaduna states for needless killings and the entire North East bn run over by BH

12. Because I believe Nigeria is in need of urgent restructuring, I will vote for the implementation of the resolutions of the last national conference, even though the restructuring proposed were not far reaching enough. Most of the problems we complain of in Nigeria today are structural problems which can only be solved by restructuring the country.

The last National Conference is Dead on Arrival.....pls lets find other ways to restructure appropraitely but certainly not by creation of unviable states

13. Because Nigeria is considered by some as a turn-by-turn enterprise, I will vote for other parts of the country to also have a taste of the FULL dose of the pie, especially as the best Buhari can achieve if elected is to match the record of GEJ in the last 4 years. Buhari can take the turn of the north in 2019.

Turn by Turn is not the way to go and if it was, the Igbos should be given the Presidency now now!!

In conclusion, the present administration has been full of sleaze and deceit and do not deserve a return. As i said earlier, even the KOWA party candidate is more acceptable.

Inefficiencies; weakness; cluelessness; bad leadership; poor judgement; lack of experience; lack of political will has plunged us into a dire situation. Whoever wins in Feb has a herculan task of reviving a dying economy. As we speak right now, our economy is in complete disarray

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by infinitty(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2015
I must vote for Jonathan because I have taken time to match him side by side with all the past leaders, I saw that he really did far much more works that other past leaders. imagine obasanjo stole $16billion for power up till today it was not accounted for rather the power generation of Nigeria when he left office was about 2000megawatts. what a mess!

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2015
mrkings84:
Are u voting the party or the personality? ALL THE SAME ANYWAY... A CLUELESS THOUGHT FROM A MUCH CLUELESS BEING.
Would you like a cluelessness test challenge with me?
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by dadoctore(m): 11:50am On Jan 27, 2015
nigerianvenom:
i will vote for him for building 12 new universities under 4yrs.
i will vote for him for approving d establishment of a fed polytechnic in my state.
i will vote for him for building over 300 almajiri's schools in d north to curb illiteracy.
i will vote him for ensuring that i see a live rail line in nigeria.
i will vote for him encouraging cars manufacturers to site their plants in nigeria,thus ensuring that Nissan, innoson and co now fully produces cars in nigeria.
i will vote for because he is humble,he is d best we've ever had
What's the use of schools if the graduates don't get employment?
Let's pray the govt fully equips the fed poly you're so happy about.
Yes, and then yet over 200 girls were abducted in that same north in one of such schools while trying to 'curb their illiteracy'!
Get a grip, rail lines WERE working before GEJ...if in doubt, google's a big help.
Its funny I would have thot siting their plants in Nigeria would make brand new cars cheaper yet somehow it is actually the opposite effect!
Most times we people mistake cluelessness for humility, being clueless esp conc matters you're expected to be versed in most times will make a man look seemingly humble.
The truth is GEJ has failed the nation and not that GMB necessarily is the best to rule but still of two 'evils' I'll take the lesser one which obviously is GMB if not for anything at least I know corruption won't continue like the order of the day and there'll definitely be an end to BH amongst other issues.
Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by talk2sonia(f): 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
this post has actually changed my mind and perception towards GEJ, will surely vote for him. count me in becos the man don try.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Vote for GEJ by Tintinix: 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Habeebpain:

Bros you can lie o! It seems you don't buy things online that's why you're saying rubbish. From N167 to a dollar, it has increased to N195 and you're saying prices haven't increased. Nigeria is a country that imports a lot of consumer electronics, there's no way the price will not have increased.

Yes so people like you and I who buy online will definately feel the impact of the devalued Naira, However for locally sourced products, that would have been impacted by a reduced cost of production as a result of more stable electricity, reduced cost and modes of transportation, likely increased pdemand (as a result of opportunity cost of buying the foreign goods)
Mehn Life is good!

I keep on stressing on Power in most of My post because I have a 30liters of keg of fuel that has refused to finish since October.. i dont know about yours but my area people are smiling,
Laundry guy business is booming, cafes are smiling, restaurants, salons, car wash, Kiosks and shops, even the iron benders and wrought men I see them working but their yards are not jammed packed as before (i.e. turn around time for them has improved!)

To crown it up My generator service guy is going into football... Bad market!
notice that lots of small business are rapidly springing up, please you guys should say the truth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Fines FIRST BANK And UBA Billions For TSA Hiding NNPC FUNDS!! / Afenifere Backs #endsars Protesters, Says Time For Restructuring Is Now / Police Arrest ESN Member, Recover Arms In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.