Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. (899 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / 5 Great Reasons Why PMB. Would Remain President Till 2023 / Buhari Departs Nigeria For London For Vacation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2015
The main reason why I will vote for GEJ is to make a statement. 2015 is about making a point in this country and we must drive that point home even if the gates of hell are opened. The message we must drive into some thick skulls is that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No tribe is born-to-rule while others are born to siddon dey look.

There must be fairness, equity and justice in this country. Power MUST go round if we are truly one Nigeria. Why must a particular group of people continue to terrorize the rest of the nation when they are not in power?

When OBJ, a southerner was in power, they declared Sharia law and caused a series of very violent riots in the north which led to the death of many southerners and northern Christian.

As soon as Jonathan, another Southerner took over government, boko haram which was previously a rag tag group suddenly transforms into a mighty fighting force, blasting churches to pieces, killing innocent Nigerians and recently seizing towns and abducting our women.

The question is why is it that we cannot have peace when the people from Futa Jalon are not in power?

Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again. let me say this loud and clear, the best for Buhari is that he will end up as president of arewastan and maybe Odua republic but Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

Write down these words because I will repeat them next month by God's grace.

Dive-Bomber.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by eleko1: 9:39am On Jan 27, 2015
sad JONA isn't active.We can't afford to vote for somebody who'll eat Billion food yearly,buy plane anyhow.We need BUHARI to deal a FATALITY BLOW to bastards.He did it before,He'll do it again.VOTE GMB FOR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 27, 2015
eleko1:
sad JONA isn't active.We can't afford to vote for somebody who'll eat Billion food yearly,buy plane anyhow.We need BUHARI to deal a FATALITY BLOW to bastards.He did it before,He'll do it again.VOTE GMB FOR PRESIDENT

Times have changed, buhari is no longer a soldier..

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Adminisher: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Inferiority complex and fear of the north is worrying the OP. Suggesting that I vote for an incompetent president because of fear of the north is silly. Jonathan is one of the worst politicians from the Niger delta, that he became president of Nigeria was just a miracle and he has been struggling ever since. What you have posted here is rubbish.
Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by BlackTechnology: 10:29am On Jan 27, 2015
Adminisher:
Inferiority complex and fear of the north is worrying the OP. Suggesting that I vote for an incompetent president because of fear of the north is silly. Jonathan is one of the worst politicians from the Niger delta, that he became president of Nigeria was just a miracle and he has been struggling ever since. What you have posted here is rubbish.

eleko1:

Is Nigeria the property of Hausa Fulani Yoruba people

Why must Nigeria not be in peace whenever cattlemen and their slaves are not in power

Are some ethnic groups more equal than others

Or is it in their genes to steal the oil of others

Where is equity and equality

If quota system is applied in admission into schools and federal jobs/appointments to give unqualified Northerners a say,

We must apply quota system in ensuring that ethnic groups of few thousands are allowed to RULE Nigeria

What is good for A is also good for B

Say No To Internal colonialism

Say No To Political Slavery

Say No To Born To Rule

Hypocrisy must not be allowed to thrive grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2015
Adminisher:
[s]Inferiority complex and fear of the north is worrying the OP. Suggesting that I vote for an incompetent president because of fear of the north is silly. Jonathan is one of the worst politicians from the Niger delta, that he became president of Nigeria was just a miracle and he has been struggling ever since. What you have posted here is rubbish.[/s]

Which north are you talking about? Stop deceiving yourself because there is no more "North." The north of 1966 is not what is on ground today. Fool. You are the slave who cannot stand up to reality, I don't expect much from an lizard like you still crawling on your belly. Counter the points I raised and if you cannot shut that stinking gutter you call a mouth before the stench oozing from it sets the country on fire.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 27, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Is Nigeria the property of Hausa Fulani Yoruba people

Why must Nigeria not be in peace whenever cattlemen and their slaves are not in power

Are some ethnic groups more equal than others

Or is it in their genes to steal the oil of others

Where is equity and equality

If quota system is applied in admission into schools and federal jobs/appointments to give unqualified Northerners a say,

We must apply quota system in ensuring that ethnic groups of few thousands are allowed to RULE Nigeria

What is good for A is also good for B

Say No To Internal colonialism

Say No To Political Slavery

Say No To Born To Rule

Hypocrisy must not be allowed to thrive grin

Don't mind those foolish and unintelligent people. None of them has addressed the points I raised but rather they rush to defend their hausa/fulani masters. No wonder we have an Emir in Ilorin today and not an Oba. Cowards.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by fresh15: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2015
Think of the whole nine years of General Yakubu Gowon, the seven months of General Murtala Muhammed, the four years of Shehu Shagari. The almost two years of Buhari, the eight years of General Ibrahim Babangida, the five years of General Sani Abacha, the one year of Abdulsalami Abubakar and the two years of Umaru Yar’Adua. For almost 40 years of the 54 that we have had flag independence, the North has ruled the nation, but what did their leadership do for Nigeria? Why are the Northern elites now hell-bent on taking back power at the top? How long have they been out of it that they now want it back? What did they do with it for their people when they had it? These Northern Leaders are bereft of ideas,that is why despite all these years they were at the top,no valuable impact was recorded.Therefore,Jonathan should be re-elected to continue his good job which is geared towards transforming Nigeria.
Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by kunleabraham: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
Your words are true we need CHANGE and that change is GEJ. Buhari the 72 year old ex-soldier cannot rule this nation again. Vote wisely vote GEJ 2015
Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by kunleabraham: 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
The best president ever, I sincerely thank God who gave late Umaru Musa Yar'adua the initiative to bring GEJ as a vice-president because he Succeeded him to the seat of the president
Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by kunleabraham: 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Talk 2015 talk GEJ. Vote wisely don't sale your vote because your vote(PVC) is your power
Re: Why Jonathan MUST Remain President Of Nigeria For Now. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
Below is nice piece by Prof. Soludo: God Bless Prof. Soludo.

[b]"The parallels with the Shagari regime are troubling. First, at the time of oil boom, Nigeria again went on a consumption spree such that the budgets of the last five years can best be described as ‘consumption budgets’, with new borrowing by the federal government exceeding the actual expenditure on critical infrastructure.

Second, not one penny was added to the stock of foreign reserves at a period Nigeria earned hundreds of billions from oil. For comparisons, President Obasanjo met about $5 billion in foreign reserves, and the average monthly oil price for the 72 months he was in office was $38, and yet he left $43 billion in foreign reserves after paying $12 billion to write-off Nigeria’s external debt. In the last five years, the average monthly oil price has been over $100, and the quantity also higher but our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate depreciating.
I note that when I assumed office as Governor of CBN, the stock of foreign reserves was $10 billion.
The average monthly oil price during my 60 months
in office was $59, but foreign reserve reached the all- time peak of $62 billion (and despite paying $12 billion for external debt, and losing over $15 billion during the unprecedented global financial and economic crisis) I left behind $45 billion. Recall also that our exchange rate continuously appreciated during this period and was at N117 to the dollar before the global crisis and we deliberately allowed it to depreciate in order to preserve our reserves. My calculation is that if the economy was better managed, our foreign reserves should have been between $102 –$118 billion and exchange rate around N112 before the fall in oil prices. As of now, the reserves should be around $90 billion and exchange rate no higher than N125 per dollar."
[/b]

[b]"Fourth, poverty incidence and unemployment are
also simultaneously at all-time high levels. According
to the NBS, poverty incidence grew to 69% in 2010
and projected to be 71% in 2011, with
unemployment at 24%. This is the worst record in
Nigeria’s history, and the paradox is that this
happened during the unprecedented oil boom.
One theme I picked up listening to the campaign
rallies as well as to some of the propagandists is the
confusion about measuring government
“performance”. Most people seem to confuse
‘inputs’, or ‘processes’ with output. Earlier this
month, I had a dinner with a group of friends (14 of
us) and we were chit-chatting about Nigeria. One of
us, an associate of President Jonathan veered off to
repeat a propaganda mantra that Jonathan had
outperformed his predecessors. He also reminded us that Jonathan re-based the GDP and that Nigeria is now the biggest economy in Africa; etc. It was fun listening to the response by others. In sum, the
group agreed that the President had ‘outperformed’
his predecessors except that it is in reverse order."

[/b]

[b]First, my friend was educated that re-basing the GDP is no achievement: it is a routine statistical exercise, and depending on the base year that you choose, you get a different GDP figure. Re-basing the GDP has nothing to do with government policy. Besides, as naira-dollar exchange rate continues to depreciate, the GDP in current dollars will also shrink considerably soon.
We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural
‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under
no other president did unemployment reach 24%.
Surely, these are unprecedented records and he
surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a
satire!
[/b]

[b]"One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the
former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted
that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no
signature project to remember his regime except
that his regime took the first position among all
states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—-mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics,
poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20%
in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a
238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening."

"My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is
to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his
job record. Those who have decided to vote for him
will not do so because he has taken Nigeria to the
moon. His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. As one reviews the laundry list of micro interventions the government calls its achievements, one wonders whether such list is all that the government could deliver with an unprecedented oil boom and an unprecedented public debt accumulation. I can clearly see why reasonable people are worried."
[/b][b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Simple Question Do You Think That Buhari Can Win Jonathan Yes Or No? / BREAKING: INEC Rejects PVC Distribution Till Election Eve / APC Gives Reason For Buhari's Boycott Of Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.