Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? (18944 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by Horus(m): 12:00am On Oct 25, 2009
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by janedoe(f): 4:42am On Oct 25, 2009
Awesome,Awesome research,thanks a bunch for the video Horus!
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by Banderas(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2009

But note that despite the introduction of these genes when referencing the African American population in America, has not profoundly changed the phenotypically make up of the populous.

This disproves the statment people make concerning east Africans who they claim are a mixed people when given other examples one can see that the introduction of foreign genes in an area that possseses Dominant gene traits can be said to constitute a mixed people.

The only example of a true mixed "race' of people can be found in the "coloreds" of south Africa who are the most genotypically diverse when refencing mixed people.

USA is a peculiar case, racist jim crow laws forbade inter-racial relationships. This is not a good example.
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by morpheus24: 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2009
Banderas:

USA is a peculiar case, racist jim crow laws forbade inter-racial relationships. This is not a good example.
@ banderas

The level of admixture in the US population is almost equivalent to ad mitxture numbers in Ethiopia Mtdna. However it is more on the paternal side for AA's than maternal up until recent.

PS I have done further studies on DNA aging and discovered the statement made earlier by you on the Mtdna of non AFricans beind older than Africans is[b] incorrect.[/b]

The L haplogroup Mtdna carried by most Africans is the ancestor of haplogroup M and N and their derivaties  leaning to the fact that all other mutations and their subsequent derivatives originate from this single gene

You many research this if you please.
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by morpheus24: 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
Horus:

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raUIeKJJWAg[/flash]
@ Horus

While the attached video is very informative ( I already seen it). It puts a dubious conspiracy theory twist on facts.

yes it is true the perception and study of Ancient egypt has been skewed because the ones studying them have not been Africans therefore the observations and conclusions infered on the data available have been also skewed.

It should be noted that the Africans aka black people that lived in Egypt at that time were not the West African Tropical adapted type with vs the East African adaptation types therefore to a certain extent West or Southern Africans had little to do with the civilizations of North east Africa.

Though as a collective word "African' we can share in this remarkable history more so than the far off Nordic European. This is the point that should be made instead of trying to emphasis some kind of conspiracy theory by eurocentric anthropologists and Historians.
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by Banderas(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
See - I don't know much about many of the terms you're using. And comparing Ethiopea to the US isn't right - Ethiopeans have had centuries of interaction with other races, not just the "white" european race. I stand by this - if there had been no jim crow in the US, then the african american would have intermarried more, and almost disappeared.

See this DNA is not a definite statement. Before civilisation, natural selection was quite harsh and complete. If a tribe, say the Ijesha people, migrated to sweden, within a short time - 2 or three generations, most of the african features would have been wiped out, with the features essential for survival in that area (nasal passage, skin colour) becoming very quickly dominant. This would be faster if you factored in a measure of inter-tribal marriages with the viking people native to that part of the world. If this tribe lived in the area for another 2-300 years, scientists who arrived there would see that tribe, compare their slim physiques (diet) and straight noses (weather) to the neighbouring tribes and conclude that they shared the same ancestors/origins. DNA of course is another matter.

I can say one thing for sure - apart from the bushman /hottentots of southern africa, most of the bantu (or african ) tribes migrated into where they now reside within the last 2000-3000 years. Intermarriage with the bushmen could quickly alter your DNA findings.

I am curious however about two peoples - the Aborigenes of Australia - I know they were separated from the most of humanity for several centuries. Also the far eastern people.
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by morpheus24: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
Banderas:

See - I don't know much about many of the terms you're using. And comparing Ethiopea to the US isn't right - Ethiopeans have had centuries of interaction with other races, not just the "white" european race. I stand by this - if there had been no jim crow in the US, then the african american would have intermarried more, and almost disappeared.
The part in bold is incorrect. Ethiopians have not had numerous interactions with other peoples nor mixed with different races. Ethiopians share very close genetic ties with ancient egyptians and somalians(within Africa) and with Middle easterners particularly Yemenis because of proximity to borders. Yemenis are not representative of all Arab types.

A back migration of peoples carrying eurasian genes did flow back into the Horn of Africa and ethiopia a very long time ago ranging from about 10, 000 to 12,000 yrs ago. Don't mistake this for recent admixture accounts which account for only 2% of ethiopian DNA.

The point I am trying to make is Yemenis who are closet outside relatives to horn Africans carry a subset of ethiopian gene dating further back than 10,000 years ago. staying islolated they mutated to adapt to various derivative within the Arabian peninsula and these mutations were then carried back into the horn of African.

This does not denote an admixture for ethiopians because an early group of them were the ancestors of todays Yemenis who are subsequently the progenitors of early east Africans. therefore traits you see in yemenis may originate from East Africa and not the other way round.

When I use the term Mdtna i am talking about mitrochondrial dna analysis which is the female gene that is passed on from one mother to the other, an unborken chain of Dna that never changes.
This is what is used to track what maternal lineage some one comes from. The opposite would be Ytdna which is Y chromosone male derived Dna which is also an unbroken chain of male dna inheritance from man to man.

Ethiopian Dna reveals a male tracker Ytdna called E3b which places their paternal lineage sqaurely in Africa. e3b has a rare sampling outside of Africa and exclusive to African groups. E3b closet relative is an e3a mutation. this particular sample is found exclusive in West, central and southern africans. This means E3b and e3b paternal lineages are from the same ancestor E. East africans and West africans are closer cousins than say an Arab or a European PATERNALY

Phenotype(outward apperance) does not constitute closet ancestory or lineage.
Banderas:

See this DNA is not a definite statement. Before civilisation, natural selection was quite harsh and complete. If a tribe, say the Ijesha people, migrated to sweden, within a short time - 2 or three generations, most of the african features would have been wiped out, with the features essential for survival in that area (nasal passage, skin colour) becoming very quickly dominant. This would be faster if you factored in a measure of inter-tribal marriages with the viking people native to that part of the world. If this tribe lived in the area for another 2-300 years, scientists who arrived there would see that tribe, compare their slim physiques (diet) and straight noses (weather) to the neighbouring tribes and conclude that they shared the same ancestors/origins. DNA of course is another matter.

I can say one thing for sure - apart from the bushman /hottentots of southern africa, most of the bantu (or african ) tribes migrated into where they now reside within the last 2000-3000 years. Intermarriage with the bushmen could quickly alter your DNA findings.

I am curious however about two peoples - the Aborigenes of Australia - I know they were separated from the most of humanity for several centuries. Also the far eastern people.

If you put a european group somewhere in Africa today. In 30,000 years they would completey change their outward appearance through natural selection and varous adaptive mutations.
The features you see in Ethiopians. Elongated body types, long head, narrow noses and varying t hair textures did not necessarityl originate outside of Africa. It is the other way round. THe arabs,yemenis have more of a clinal gradation(different varying grades of ethiopian variations) because the ethiopians existed and mutated beforethe Yemenis.

i knowthis i hard to follow but let me direct you to  a site where this point is argued. make sure you take time to read the rebuttals by an individual named IGBO.

http://mathildasanthropologyblog./2008/07/30/somali-y-chromosome-study/
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by zakarel: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2009
these were the anunakkis that pre date the times of invasion and other outside influences we are tamma-reans(people under the sun) and my ancestors are on they way back to this planet to set the record straight we are in the sun cycle once again no longer can we be lied to u see for yourself they are (evil ones) letting out hidden truths because we are now in the information era and it will all come to pass
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by Horus(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp8B6sCU6go&feature=related[/flash]

Splendid video and a Masterpiece. Please watch 100% of the video and know the facts.
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by Jasmineces(f): 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2011
Egyptians were dark skinned, like common day Indian people dark skinned. Like bronze, not like Nigerian black. Cleopatra hailed from Macedonia, much of the royal family was a range of tan to white skin under heat color. Moses hands turning white to snow is noticable because Moses was a Indian colored person ( Olive skin ).
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by lepasharon(f): 4:25am On Aug 16, 2011
oh waow! winkdis page is filled with ppl who know the TRUTH, blacks did have a history we were not just slaves
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by poweredcom(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2011
The ancient Egyptian were dark skin, and the present settlers are Arabs who were invaders, within certain era,

Ok
Re: Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
The Ancient Egyptians were brown-skinned.

[img]http://daniellestimpson.files./2011/01/egyptreflexologylarge.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.