Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? (48144 Views)

Policeman Dies In Lagos Hotel While Having Fun With His Girlfriend / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by iice(f): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2006
Busta is right, mostly its one or the other but its not absolute
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by whitelexi(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2006
I did it in the past because i wasnt convinced my girl could handle it. Women try to get u to be open with them, but they are the most jealous creatures on earth and all they need to see is a woman smiling at u and pandemonium will break loose.
If a woman gives me the impression that she's mature enough to handle all that, then why not?
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2007
guilty conscience
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by windywendy(f): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ whitelexi and goodguy:

You both make me laugh. Jealousy is a two-way street. From my experience, Men are a lot more jealous and insecure when in a relationship with a woman. I've met lots of men who would swear heaven and earth that their women are just plain jealous. But then you need to see the way they react when they see their women even just as much as say hello to another guy. This is most especially true for those men with very attractive women. It's just amazing when the guys begin to express all forms of unreasonable insecurities just because the woman said HI or was on the phone with another guy friend at 9pm  shocked shocked. Infact, in one of the instances I know, the guy went as far as recording his wife's phone conversations with her male friend, meanwhile he argues that there's nothing wrong with his having female friends that he calls regularly. Perhaps the reason people like to say women are the jealous ones in a relationship is because women are more expressive.

Anyway, the bottomline is that there is no excuse to hide your friends from your partner. If there's nothing to those relationships why hide them? And if you're the type of man who believes there's nothing wrong with having numerous other female friends after you get into a committed relationship, I doubt that your woman will be jealous if you also allow for the fact that she can have her numerous other male friends while she's in a committed relationship with you. Just close your eyes and imagine another guy (or other guys) continuously calling your woman everytime you're together  smiley smiley Now wouldn't that just make you feel very secure indeed especially if the guy is richer . . .  grin grin

** and i'm guessing at this point that someone is going to come up with the dumb "a man can have as many female friends as he wants while the woman should not have many male friends" argument **
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by finemocha(f): 4:11am On Apr 27, 2009
he is probably sleeping with his female friends, and is worried one of them will open their mouth and yap to his babe
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by honeyyetty(f): 6:41pm On May 19, 2009
DAT MEANS THE MAN IS NOT MATURE ENOUGH, IF HE IS WHY SHOULD HE HIDE HIS GIRLFRIEND 4RM D WIFE. BUT ON ONE CONDITION DAT IS IF THE GIRL FRIEND DOES NOT KNOW HE IS MARRIED BUT IF SHE KNOWS I MEAN IT DOES NOT WORTH IT .
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2009
Exactly. . .if he ain't hiding something while hide his female friends? undecided
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by drnoel: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
Depends alot on the person. I remember then in school guys that are not very proud of their girlfriends would hide the girl 4rm his friends. It could be cos he doesn't think the girl is presentable or so. It may also be that he likes the girl so much so wants 2 really get 2 know her b4 he introduces her. A friend of mine refused 2 introduce his girlfriend 2 his friends until after he had wedded her. So like I said, it depends on the guy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Laser, Nigerian Surgeon To Make Women Sexier Than Sex Dolls (photo) / Nigerian Guy Who Tried To Shame UNILAG Girl On Twitter Gets Epic Response / 7 Weird Things Men Find Attractive In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.