Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan (21508 Views)

Iran Condemns Attacks On Nigerian Shia Muslims / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:16am On Jan 28, 2015
[size=15pt]Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan[/size]

Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola has condemned the reported attacks on President Goodluck Jonathan’s convoy in Bauchi State and other parts of the country, saying nobody has the right to attack the president.

Fashola who said this at an occasion to mark his 2,800 days in office, affirmed that the president has the right to campaign anywhere in country, adding that such behaviours must be condemned if the country wants to move forward.

The governor urged the president to dissociate himself from inflammatory and derogatory statements being made in his name, noting that such statements could spur attacks against him.

He said, “For example, it was reported that the governor of Bauchi, if that report is correct, said that those who attacked the president’s convoy were not APC members, that they were members of their own party who were disgruntled about the gubernatorial ticket in their state.

“Now, APC was accused of the attacks and nobody must attack the president. Let me be clear on that. He has a right like anybody to move freely around especially at this campaign time, and this is not about violence; the vote is really the choice that we need to make, so I want to be clear on that.

“But you see, look at what the president’s campaign has done; they started campaigning before INEC said it was time. As if that was not bad enough, some people have come out to say that if the president loses, heavens will fall. Now it is not the president saying so but it is being said on his behalf. For me, if somebody is true to a peace accord, he must disclaim those statements.”

Speaking further on the peace accord signed by President Jonathan and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), he added that the Peace Accord was a mere gentleman’s agreement, saying what is important is the conduct thereafter.

“Like I said to people, it is not the agreements that people make that are as important as the honour with which they make them. Some of the best agreements that have been made in contracts have created disputes that lawyers have gone to courts over and some things have been done without any formal documentation. Men and women just shake hands and give their words in honour, and say we will do this. So, this is important for us to understand.”

The governor who also took time to speak on his achievements explained that his administration made remarkable impact in various sub-sectors to achieve a budget that closed at 83 per cent performance.

He said his administration has made milestones in the areas of powers and electrifications, saying “We completed the public lighting system on 11 kilometre road network between Ikorodu road Jibowu , Murtala Muhammed way up to Oyingbo .”

Fashola said the public lighting system will help motorists and improve security at night , while affording the traders opportunity to trade far into the night and make more income.

He said the government also delivered on the Mainland Independent Power Plant making it the fourth built by the present administration in the state.

Other areas he list achievements were in the areas of housing, Healthcare, Judiciary and empowerment of the officer of the Nigeria Police Force, road infrastructure, among others.

http://leadership.ng/news/406767/fashola-condemns-attacks-jonathans-convoy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2015
Seems Fashola is hell bent on throwing jabs at APC, this coming after the "AGE" remarks.
While other APC dullards are insinuating it was done by the PDP, Fashola is right for once.

[size=15pt]Its obvious Fashola is not happy with 73yrs old Buhari.[/size]

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Buchianom(m): 6:20am On Jan 28, 2015
nice and commendable one from Fash. even though its coming late.

I hope the sartificate man will come out and so same.

Say no to violence!

#teamcontinuity!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by OtunbaJega: 6:21am On Jan 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Seems Fashola is bent on throwing jabs at APC, this coming after the "AGE" remarks.
While other APC dullards are insinuating it was done by the PDP, Fashola is right for once.

Which day you go get sense?

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Kudos Fashola, we know you will soon jump fence grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:25am On Jan 28, 2015
It appears foolishness and mental retardation is a common trait amongst PDP supporters. Always sounding Okupe-ish.

They assume that for an APC governor to condemn an act of protest (stage managed by PDP as stated by a National Working Committee member of the Party) against an incompetent President, then it means APC must have been behind it. If we are then to follow their logic, could we then say the President has been behind the numerous acts of terror the country has experienced since he issues statements of condemnation after each incident??

Can you all see how they think?? cheesy

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Mogidi:
Seems Fashola is bent on throwing jabs at APC, this coming after the "AGE" remarks.

Only time shall tell. APC is losing ground already. cheesy cheesy

Kai Buhari

Vote GEJ till 2019.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:34am On Jan 28, 2015
Firefire:

Kai Buhari

Vote GEJ till 2019.

They're losing it fast, see PDP's new recruit.
Fashanu Drums Support For Jonathan
By Ishaku Kigbu
— Jan 28, 2015 | Leave a comment

Former Nigerian international John Fashanu has thrown his weight behind President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid stating that the president has done well in the area of sports. Fashanu, a one-time Nigeria Football Federation board member spoke yesterday at a press conference in Asokoro Abuja.

Fashanu who plied his trade in England during his active days in football said he had to openly declare his support because he has been receiving calls and messages from friends about whom his candidate was. “I want to publicly declare my support for President Goodluck

Jonathan in the February 14 presidential poll. Unarguably, the polity is divided over who becomes the next president between the candidacy of President Jonathan and former Head of State, General Muhammad Buhari (rtd) of the All Progressive Congress (APC). I have been receiving calls and sms from my friends and well wishers including those on Tweeter, FACEBOOK and other social media asking me who is my candidate? Well I am here to announce to the whole world that my candidate for Presidential poll is President Goodluck Jonathan because of the unprecedented achievements which the country has been achieving in sports. I have been so proud and impressed with Mr. President’s achievements in sports.”

The Unite Nations Sports Ambassador said it is on record that the Super Eagles won the Nations Cup in South Africa under President Jonathan’s administration and for the first time since 1994, the Super Eagles equaled their best ever record at the World Cup in Brazil under him. He said the nation’s U-17 team won the World Cup trophy in the United Arab Emirates and the female U-20 team won the silver in their own World and had the best performance at the Commonwealth Games and the World Athletics Championships. “All these things happened because Mr President has now created a conducive atmosphere where Nigeria sportsmen and women to strive to do better because of the way he appreciates sportsmen and women when they come home.”
http://leadership.ng/sports/406748/fashanu-drums-support-jonathan

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by raumdeuter: 6:35am On Jan 28, 2015
Fashola stroking Jonadumb and his supporters dont even realize

The governor urged the president to dissociate himself from inflammatory and derogatory statements being made in his name, noting that such statements could spur attacks against him.

He said, “For example, it was reported that the governor of Bauchi, if that report is correct, said that those who attacked the president’s convoy were not APC members, that they were members of their own party who were disgruntled about the gubernatorial ticket in their state.

“Now, APC was accused of the attacks and nobody must attack the president. Let me be clear on that. He has a right like anybody to move freely around especially at this campaign time, and this is not about violence; the vote is really the choice that we need to make, so I want to be clear on that.

But you see, look at what the president’s campaign has done; they started campaigning before INEC said it was time. As if that was not bad enough, some people have come out to say that if the president loses, heavens will fall. Now it is not the president saying so but it is being said on his behalf. For me, if somebody is true to a peace accord, he must disclaim those statements.”

17 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by musiwa94: 6:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Alphaoscar: 6:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Firefire:

Kai Buhari

Vote GEJ till 2019.

But you guys said Fashola is a fraud and overhyped now? Why this sudden wish for him in PDP?

Fashola in PDP is a tall dream sha.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by utytill(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Do as i say not as i do.
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:

But you guys said Fashola is a fraud and overhyped now? Why this sudden wish for him in PDP?

Fashola in PDP is a tall dream sha.

Omo Iya, anything can happen.

My prediction, 80% ? of APC leaders and touts shall decamp as the election draw closer

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by korel9: 6:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Who send am? undecided
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 28, 2015
He is the commander-in-thief of the arm force,he can handle his co-thieves,usa yuguda said PDP supporters throw stones at him,that's none of our business

BTW SAI BUHARI

SAI BABA ZAHRA

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by richardjemedafe1(m): 6:45am On Jan 28, 2015
If u think that fashola is as foolish as buhari (APC) hit *LikE

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by veekid(m): 6:46am On Jan 28, 2015
OK
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by habex050: 6:46am On Jan 28, 2015
Nigerians got to do this. they are tired of the clueless leader they have.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by LagosBoi2(m): 6:46am On Jan 28, 2015
I saw him in my area yesterday commissioning the installation of computers for police to be able to document crime digitally.

That's my governor doing the job of a president

11 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Firefire(m): 6:46am On Jan 28, 2015
Thank you again Mr. Fashola, please preach the message of love and politics without bitterness to your Heeey Feee Ceee before you abandon them grin

Say NO! to violence

Kai Buhari

GEJ till 2019

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by lawrencemleopo: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2015
ok
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by freshness2020: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2015
Gbam!
Honour your father and your mother so that it will be well with you!
Na so the HOLY BOOK talk am!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by eleojo23: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2015
It is only in this country that people don't respect the office of the president. Too much incivility from the citizens.

Our own way of 'opposition' in this country is to attack in form of insults and physical assault instead of constructive criticisms that will help move the nation forward.
Ours is a politics of hate, unfortunately.

And we wonder why people don't take us seriously as a nation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by eightsin(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2015
Nice one from fashola.
Say no to politics of hate and violence.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by VcStunner(m): 6:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Aggrieved peoples Congress with few good men to help restructure d images of all dead politicians. A good manin a wrong clique is definately a wrong choice, that's why Chief Gani Fawehinmi will have no match in this country when it comes to intergrity and principle. Fashola must learn from him if he really wanna be d man Nigerians envisage him to be. Till then, its all hail Jonathan, the most humble and democratic president of all time. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by alaoeri: 6:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Nice one Fash, though that of Bauchi is the handy work of PDP to get sympathy according to Yuguda, we are going to send Jona back to otuoke through ballot & not violence.
Sai Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by ifyfaith: 6:51am On Jan 28, 2015
Fashola
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 28, 2015
Small small the ones among them who have anything left of their senses are beginning to look for soft landing. Buhari is sick, frail & facing jail term for perjury, Tinubu is sick, frail, fast loosing his grip on the SW and has a knack for back stabbing his party when the chips are down for money & juicy oil blocks.
Fashola is only doing the needful, wetting the ground to become part of the unity government GEJ would magnanimously form when he convincingly wins the elections.
It's also glad to note that some of the most vocal APC e-rats are beginning to tone down their support for a lost cause, they have seen the light. cc berem. Meanwhile barcanista et al are still proving 'loyal party men ', my friends come aboard before we set sail.
You don't need to be a captain to know a sinking ship.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by frodobee: 6:52am On Jan 28, 2015
The president we never had.
As for u guys from Ala-Igbo, kpoturum for that land
or house for Coal city. Onwe some sharp properties
di kitaa ighota go? Don't wait for ndi ufu-anya to
burn your biz under the pretext of election violence,
before you do the needful. Kpoturum taata. Check
my sig.
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by Monimatic(m): 6:52am On Jan 28, 2015
L
Re: Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan by harrysterol(m): 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Fashola want to be relevant in 2015 should incase buhari fails he can easily jump the fence and look for a ministry appointment. , guy we don catch u grin cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Projects Amina Mohammed As Next Un’s Secretary-general / Akpabio And Boss Mustapha Visit Wamakko (Photos) / Over $10 Billion Stolen By NNPC, Others In Fuel Subsidy Scam: Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.