Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,053 members, 7,953,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends (2471 Views)

Lady Gets A Brand New Benz From Boyfriend To Mark 2yrs Of Dating (photos) / Nigerian Woman Buys G-wagon For Boyfriend To Say 'I'm Sorry' (photos) / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by joebeckz(m): 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
Do you feel your boyfriend is paying more attention to his friends than to you? Are you starting to feel neglected? Get the spotlight back on your relationship. You can practice these steps below and hope it helps. I will make my points as brief as possible.

Understand the cause of his declining attention. There may be several reasons for his waning interest and some of them may even have nothing to do with you. Stress at work, ill-health or anxiety over his family often depress a man’s romantic urge.
Find activities which you both enjoy doing together. Whether it's a walk or trip to the beach or movie, find something which you both can get excited about and do together. Try as many different things as you can until you find a few which you both really enjoy. Try thinking back to where you met him and what activities you both used to do when you were first going out.
Make compromises. Even though it may not be fun, sometimes you might just have to go to a sports match with him or watch television. If you do things he likes doing, he'll be much more receptive to paying attention to you when you're doing things he doesn't enjoy too
Try to be friends with his friends. This does not mean that you have to start guzzling beer or go ecstatic over a football game. Just be cheerful and positive. Your partner’s friends too will like to hang around with you, while your man will enjoy having your company as well.
Take the initiative. Get out of the habit of always leaving your man to plan your dates. For instance, you could take your partner out for a movie or show and round off the evening with dinner at a place of his choice. This will not only get his attention, but perhaps make him grateful enough to want to reciprocate the next time.
Make yourself less available. Don't be so anxious to answer every time he rings or texts. When he bugs you about not answering immediately, tell him were busy in a polite way. Men like what they can't have all the time.
Stop demanding attention. Nothing makes a guy run away faster, than a girl who creates a scene, demanding to know why he has not been paying attention to her lately. Don’t beg or quarrel with your partner or he will think you are just being dramatic.
Be independent. Make sure you have your own interests and friends. If he goes out with his friends, then go out with yours. Try out for a sports team that you like. Don't let him hold you back from your hobbies.
Understand your own behavior. Are you always nagging him to do something he doesn’t like, or have you been asking him to change some aspect of his personality? Do you simply feel you're not getting what you want out of the relationship? Analyzing the situation (within reason) will help in achieving the attention you want.

In conclusion i think You can't change a person. They just need to realize how special you are. Once they realize it they not might change because they won't want to lose you.
A girlfriend is still a friend. Be sure to be there for him when he needs it most and he should be there for you too.
Before you start a fight, stop and think if what he's doing is really worth fighting over. Most of the time (if it's something small) you'll move on and forget that you were even upset. Just keep yourself busy with other things too. With this I'm not referring to major things, just those little annoying things, like the new iPhone 5.
Don't worry too much about changing him. You can't change a person who doesn't want to change. Remember the qualities you were drawn to before you were dating. If something needs tweaking, do a little behavior modification. Show him by being a role model.

Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by delishpot: 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Shey another rule and regulation for our women to follow ba?
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by iceberylin(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
grin
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
He spends time with me, and he also hang out with his friends. Infact its always extra fun whenever I visit him and his friends are at his place cheesy
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by farano(f): 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
iceberylin:
grin
What's funny
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by drazenn(m): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
heheheheheheheeheheheh so true, women oya, fight for our attention.
ok let me get serious.i agree with the nagging part and she making compromise, i luv football, d day my gf decided to luv soccer, i fell in love with her over again, she was my rival, i am chelsea and she was creative by choosing to fan Man u hence the argument and bets, its fun. nice one op
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by drazenn(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
rubey:
He spends time with me, and he also hang out with his friends. Infact its always extra fun whenever I visit him and his friends are at his place cheesy
great feeling especially when they treat u like a newly born. when am with her amidst my frnds, my guys do all d caring for me that leaves her smiling. i was comfortable with it until she unconciously said one day "baby am coming over, is Victor with you?'' that passed a message, i started being more caring when she was with me and my frnds cos she often said i just like dis Victor. hahahaha.
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by Justeenaleo(f): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
drazenn:

great feeling especially when they treat u like a newly born. when am with her amidst my frnds, my guys do all d caring for me that leaves her smiling. i was comfortable with it until she unconciously said one day "baby am coming over, is Victor with you?'' that passed a message, i started being more caring when she was with me and my frnds cos she often said i just like dis Victor. hahahaha.
Sharp guy
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by Hawlahscho(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Noted
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by drazenn(m): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Justeenaleo:

Sharp guy
na true now, b4 she even ask me Victor address join
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by mytime24(f): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
Kk
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by drazenn(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
mytime24:
Ok, profssor in rOmAcE
You are beautiful.
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by mytime24(f): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
drazenn:

You are beautiful.
tnx, cover face grin
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by DocAdray(f): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
OP, a better option is to simply tie him down with Love Portion, and he'll be mine and mine alone! cool
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
DocAdray:
OP, a better option is to simply tie him down with Love Portion, and he'll be mine and mine alone! cool

Nothing like love portion... Better working on your character and other ethics. Only that can keep him.
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by nanazeez(f): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
As a lady, all u need to do is giv him a sexy look, wear a see tru dress with little undies, na him go pursue him frnds by himself, obeying to d gravitational lift btwn his thighs grin

As a guy, all u need to do is.......
Sorry am not a guy undecided undecided
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by joebeckz(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
DocAdray:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahayahayayayahahahahhahahahah
Re: How To Get Your Boyfriend To Pay More Attention To You And Not His Friends by joebeckz(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
nanazeez:
As a lady, all u need to do is giv him a sexy look, wear a see tru dress with little undies, na him go pursue him frnds by himself, obeying to d gravitational lift btwn his thighs grin

As a guy, all u need to do is.......
Sorry am not a guy undecided undecided
lol pls come and prove dis point for me mek i c. kiddding

(1) (Reply)

Winning Over That Dream Girl / Shameless Nigerian Lesbians Caught Having Fun Again (see Photo) / 15 Signs That You Have A Great Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.