Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. (5156 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / "Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Will Be Met" - Osita Chidoka, Ex Aviation Ministe / Dedication Of House Constructed By Osita Chidoka In Obosi, Anambra) (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by mikolo80: 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
APContherun:

Even Mr Wiseman admitted that British Airways was privatized in 1987, now tell me what it means to privatize.
You think you know more than Chidoka now area this and tell me who owns British Airways http://m.bbc.com/news/business-29844956
God bless you. If we ask the mumu to bring his certificate him go wan de vex. Simple english him no sabi
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
APContherun:

Guy I don't know what your problem with my thread is. While we appreciate the fact that we need a national carrier, we must also understand and appreciation where Nigeria has been on this airline issue. The minister did humbly admit that bureaucracy kills govt enterprise in Nigeria so a resort to private sector ran carrier is being sought. They are working on something but are being careful so it doesn't fail like previous ones did.
I have said what my problem is the thread is the product of a shallow mind

NATIONAL carrier does not mean OWNED by government

There are legal implications and meanings as well as privileges

NATIONAL would mean an airline incorporated in Nigeria and paying tax in Nigeria.
This would mean that it has the privilege to execute DIRECT flights to ANY destination. NO OTHER AIRLINE will have that privilege e,g BA is a NATIONAL carrier but not a government airline. BA can operate Direct flight between London and any other destination

ARIK in theory is a NATIONAL Carrier though I do not know if it still operates and how well it is run or how big.

The other problem I have with your thread is the almost tribal outlook trying to paint a paranoid picture of enemies of Nigeria trying to run her down.What is the basis of that.You hae not justified it with any evidence. If someone ask a question give an answer end of!It is a legitimate question. The answer appears legitimate . Where does all the "running Nigeria down" putting her in her place come into it. That is just the product of a mind troubled by "complexes"

WHAT IS THE DISADVANTAGE OF NOT HAVING A NATIONAL CARRIER

Your citizens have to travel by indirect flights to favoured destinations and government loses tax revenue

This has nothing to do with whether the Government owns it or not. States like Akwa Ibom probably could have set up a National carrier single handedly

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
Private or public we need a national airline. Not because America and Britain doesn't have,then Nigeria will not have.
The number of airplanes used by all the airlines in Nigeria is not up to what British Airways alone has in its fleet.

Osita Chidoka wake up!
WHEN I KNOW YOU HAVE NEVER VISSITED AN AIRPORT SINCE YOU WERE BORN, LET ALONE TO BOARD ONE. SO IF WE HAVE 5000 AEROPLANES TODAY WHO WILL IT CARRY?, WHEN NIGERIANS PREFER MOLUE AND AKPURUKA.

NIGERIANS LOVE SUFFERING.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Chigold101(m): 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Change2015:

Don't mind them. British Airways transited from state ownership to private ownership but it is still a going concern. Let pdp tell us where the ruins of Nigeria Airways lie, and why Richard Branson (Virgin Nigeria private sector driven national carrier/joint venture) fled the country in disbelief at the levels of corruption in the industry.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/nigerian-politicians-are-too-corrupt-and-insane-richard-branson/

#change
#GMB
#APC
lolzzz who killed Nigeria Airways? It started falling during GMB‘s period as head of state & finally died and was burried during Abacha. Forget this your point blank news or what do they call themselves.

It was Nigerian government that walked out of the agrement with Virgin Air because Mr Richard saw Nigeria a money well & he wanted to suck us dry but it was discovered & Nigeria ended the marriage.

GMB‘s policies as head of state is still hunting Nigeria till today. That coupe d‘etat of 1983; Nigeria is yet to survive it. Take it or leave it
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by AustineE1: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

must you talk because everyone else is talking? And you claim to be a woman cool
am surprise at you for arguing with berem,a known paranoia transgender,a professional e-rat,paid peanuts by APC to come up on every thread shouting sai Buhari,that lady,i mean man,is definately joblessly and when you check her/his profile you will find out that she/he has spent better part of her/his life time on Nairaland....she/he is gradually drifting into a world of her own,frustratn is written all over her/he.

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Chigold101(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
I have always said that those that live in glass houses should not throw stones but should throw foams. BBC wanted to start another round of painting our government black without knowing that the man they got on the sit came prepared. I wish other Nigerians they will interview in the future will be prepared like Chidoka.

I am not saying that we dont need our own airline. What am saying is that before you call someone a thief, make sure you are not holding a stolen item in your hand.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
omonnakoda:

NATIONAL would mean an airline incorporated in Nigeria and paying tax in Nigeria.
This would mean that it has the privilege to execute DIRECT flights to ANY destination. NO OTHER AIRLINE will have that privilege e,g BA is a NATIONAL carrier but not a government airline. BA can operate Direct flight between London and any other destination

ARIK in theory is a NATIONAL Carrier though I do not know if it still operates and how well it is run or how big.

The other problem I have with your thread is the almost tribal outlook trying to paint a paranoid picture of enemies of Nigeria trying to run her down.What is the basis of that.You hae not justified it with any evidence. If someone ask a question give an answer end of!It is a legitimate question. The answer appears legitimate . Where does all the "running Nigeria down" putting her in her place come into it. That is just the product of a mind troubled by "complexes"
I will try and look for a link to the interview so you could see what informed the thread. No need to argue with you on this it ain't worth it.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
AustineE1:
[s] am surprise at you for arguing with berem,a known paranoia transgender,a professional e-rat,paid peanuts by APC to come up on every thread shouting sai Buhari,that lady,i mean man,is definately joblessly and when you check her/his profile you will find out that she/he has spent better part of her/his life time on Nairaland....she/he is gradually drifting into a world of her own,frustratn is written all over her/he. [/s]
this thread is about Osita Chidoka and not me. I am not the minister of aviation. Kindly contribute to the topic and stop the personal attacks.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by ibietela2(m): 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
Private or public we need a national airline. Not because America and Britain doesn't have,then Nigeria will not have.
The number of airplanes used by all the airlines in Nigeria is not up to what British Airways alone has in its fleet.

Osita Chidoka wake up!

This is not about APC
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by filiks(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
THE NUMBER OF AIRPLANES USED BY ALL THE AIRLINES IN NIGERIA IS NOT UP TO WHAT BRITISH AIRWAYS ALONE HAS IN IT'S FLEETS.

Osita Chidoka wake up!

If your assertion is correct, do you really think it's good investment to still have a 'national airline'?
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by eightsin(m): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
Who is really the olodo! Over confidence worry u my guy.

kallmemrB:
gbam... KO....thumbs ups chidoka u are pure olodo

British Airways(BA) is the flag carrierairline of the United Kingdomand its largest airline based on fleet size, international flights and international destinations. When measured by passengers carried it is second-largest in Britain, behind easyJet. The airline is based in Watersidenear its main hubat London Heathrow Airport. A British Airways Board was established by the United Kingdom government in 1972 to manage the two nationalised airline corporations, British Overseas Airways Corporationand British European Airways, and two smaller, regional airlines, Cambrian Airways, from Cardiff, and Northeast Airlines, from Newcastle upon Tyne. On 31 March 1974, all four companies were merged to form British Airways. After almost 13 years as a state company, British Airways was privatised in February 1987 as part of a wider privatisation plan by the Conservative government. The carrier soon expanded with the acquisition of British Caledonianin 1987, followed by Dan-Airin 1992 and British Midland Internationalin 2012.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
filiks:

If your assertion is correct, do you really think it's good investment to still have a 'national airline'?
of course yes! It is a very good investment. We used to have National Airlines both public and privately owned. The corruption in the aviation sector didn't allow it progress.
The national carrier is our pride,we need it back!
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by filiks(m): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
of course yes! It is a very good investment. We used to have National Airlines both public and privately owned. The corruption in the aviation sector didn't allow it progress.
The national carrier is our pride,we need it back!

I think we should rather be clamouring for the aviation system to be better. No matter how many National Airlines that is set up, if corruption still exists in that sector, the system will still collapse.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
filiks:

I think we should rather be clamouring for the aviation system to be better. No matter how many National Airlines that is set up, if corruption still exists in that sector, the system will still collapse.
how do you clamour for the aviation sector to be better without a privatized national carrier? Corruption can seize to exist if the minister is serious or else its just a waste of time
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by filiks(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
how do you clamour for the aviation sector to be better without a privatized national carrier? Corruption can seize to exist if the minister is serious or else its just a waste of time

Here's a picture; you fly from Lagos to Port Harcourt, and the plane is obviously bad all through the journey, plenty noise from the engines, everyone is forced to repent and commit their souls into God's hands, the pilot is as terrified as the passengers, the pilot finally succeeds in landing the plane after several attempts, the passengers get off the and GO HOME thanking God for bringing them 'safely' to their destination. Nobody takes to the internet to talk about it, no protest about it and so the evil continues
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by janeso(f): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:

Osita Chidoka wake up!
Must you comment? Even when you have nothing reasonable to contribute.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by kropelgrada(m): 1:22am On Jan 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

It seems to me that you are the one with a shallow mind..You and your like minds who sees everything bad with anything that has to do with Jonathan and ever ready to view it from a political angle.Always ready to attack and undermine Jonathan's administration therefore letting your brain drift from what the original topic of discuss was.

How often must we be puked upon by BBC and CNN before you realize that they are ever ready to give Nigeria or Africa a bad image with every opportunity they get.

You wouldn't know an indirect verbal assault even if it ran over you in a desert with Grade A INSULT written all over it.

I suggest you put down your phones or laptops sometimes and switch on your TVs and watch BBC or CNN.

Watch them when they interview African leaders or administrators,then you would realize that they always try to embarrass them during interviews with the most annoying and stupid questions that you can ever imagine.

It's only the likes of you that sees no fault in that.The rest of the population have an ounce of intelligence to know that instead the Minister embarrassed her by providing an intelligent answer to her otherwise stupid question.I'm sure she does not even have half the education the honorable minister has.Like a National Carrier justifies absoluteness in performance for the aviation sector.

You do have some good points as to how a National Carrier contributes to economy growth,but that's to do with quality of the point of your argument and rather than your own ineptitude to realize that this was not a political argument but rather the OP was just trying to point out misgivings in her statements.

This was a factual and thought-invoking thread created by the OP. But you and your likes chose to kill the knowledge that thought would have ignited with your snake-pit of bitterness for Jonathan and political feudings.

Such sentiments are not welcome here. Please leave!

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by CyberWolf: 1:44am On Jan 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

WHAT IS THE DISADVANTAGE OF NOT HAVING A NATIONAL CARRIER

Your citizens have to travel by indirect flights to favoured destinations and government loses tax revenue

This has nothing to do with whether the Government owns it or not. States like Akwa Ibom probably could have set up a National carrier single handedly
if the thread is a product of shallow mind, then what are you doing here? Common get out of this place..Idiiiooootic bastard angry
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 30, 2015
APContherun:

Even Mr Wiseman admitted that British Airways was privatized in 1987, now tell me what it means to privatize.
You think you know more than Chidoka now area this and tell me who owns British Airways http://m.bbc.com/news/business-29844956

you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. .
reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u?

"In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 30, 2015
Trailblazer1:

When a fool keeps quiet he is judged as wise
.you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. . reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u? "In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 30, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you will quote without even reading, who is the olodo now? Osita should be careful with you people.

you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. . reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u? "In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 30, 2015
WENGERNOMICS:

The minister answered that the bureaucracy associated with running govt business has led the govt to consider a private sector run national airline. That my dear is what the British Airways is!!! After almost 13 years as a state company, British Airways was privatised in February 1987 as part of a wider privatisation plan by the Conservative government.
. you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. . reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u? "In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 30, 2015
Chigold101:
Kallmemrb did u read what u posted? When a company is privatised does it still belong to the government that privatised it? You have already supported Chidoka‘s claim by saying that it was privatised in 1987... So please withdraw the name calling. Okay

THUMBS UP OSITA NWACHIDOKA for giving it BBC them the way it is hot... A song says “drop it like its hot...“ the interviewer droped it cos it is very hot

you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. . reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u? "In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 30, 2015
eightsin:
Who is really the olodo! Over confidence worry u my guy.

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 3:40am On Jan 30, 2015
Change2015:

Don't mind them. British Airways transited from state ownership to private ownership but it is still a going concern. Let pdp tell us where the ruins of Nigeria Airways lie, and why Richard Branson (Virgin Nigeria private sector driven national carrier/joint venture) fled the country in disbelief at the levels of corruption in the industry.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/nigerian-politicians-are-too-corrupt-and-insane-richard-branson/

#change
#GMB
#APC

thanks dude some people just blindly comments on people post without adequate knowledge....
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by onoja12: 4:22am On Jan 30, 2015
IF HE DID THAT THEN GOD WOULD BLESS HIM

APContherun:
The BBC in her usual habit of running down the Nigerian government asked the Minister of Avaition Osita Chidoka why Nigeria doesn't have a national airline. The minister answered that the bureaucracy associated with running govt business has led the govt to consider a private sector run national airline. He then informed Liz Diseko that even the US and the UK do not have national carriers. Ms Diseko had to swallow her pride and ended the interview.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by omonnakoda: 4:35am On Jan 30, 2015
CyberWolf:
if the thread is a product of shallow mind, then what are you doing here? Common get out of this place..Idiiiooootic bastard angry
Your mother will die of cancer cold and alone
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2015
kallmemrB:

you people are dullard rather than trying to find out abt the transition of the airways ang the government in the survival u are here writing rubbish.. .
reason why i called chidoka olodo was the fact that he only mention that the likes of US and UK dont have private airline but never talk abt the govt role....i watched the interview...did u?

"In 1981 the airline was instructed to prepare for privatisation by the Conservative Thatchergovernment. Sir John King, later Lord King, was appointed chairman, charged with bringing the airline back into profitability. While many other large airlines struggled, King was credited with transforming British Airways into one of the most profitable air carriers in the world. [ 8 ]The flag carrier was privatised and was floated on the London Stock Exchange in February 1987. [ 9 ]British Airways effected the takeover of Britain's "second" airline, British Caledonian, in July of that same year"
I'm sure you didn't watch the interview otherwise you wouldn't have typed this rubbish. If you watched the interview like you claimed you would have heard Mr Chidoka talk about the regulatory role the govt is playing in that sector. Did you hear him talk about the sanction given to an airline for failing to communicate her passengers changes in their flight plans or you didn't hear?
I would rather you don't talk about what you don't know so you don't embarrass yourself.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2015
kropelgrada:

It seems to me that you are the one with a shallow mind..You and your like minds who sees everything bad with anything that has to do with Jonathan and ever ready to view it from a political angle.Always ready to attack and undermine Jonathan's administration therefore letting your brain drift from what the original topic of discuss was.

How often must we be puked upon by BBC and CNN before you realize that they are ever ready to give Nigeria or Africa a bad image with every opportunity they get.

You wouldn't know an indirect verbal assault even if it ran over you in a desert with Grade A INSULT written all over it.

I suggest you put down your phones or laptops sometimes and switch on your TVs and watch BBC or CNN.

Watch them when they interview African leaders or administrators,then you would realize that they always try to embarrass them during interviews with the most annoying and stupid questions that you can ever imagine.

It's only the likes of you that sees no fault in that.The rest of the population have an ounce of intelligence to know that instead the Minister embarrassed her by providing an intelligent answer to her otherwise stupid question.I'm sure she does not even have half the education the honorable minister has.Like a National Carrier justifies absoluteness in performance for the aviation sector.

You do have some good points as to how a National Carrier contributes to economy growth,but that's to do with quality of the point of your argument and rather than your own ineptitude to realize that this was not a political argument but rather the OP was just trying to point out misgivings in her statements.

This was a factual and thought-invoking thread created by the OP. But you and your likes chose to kill the knowledge that thought would have ignited with your snake-pit of bitterness for Jonathan and political feudings.

What more can I say.
1000000000 likes man.
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Chigold101(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2015
kallmemrB:

Why did the interviewer stop the asking him further questions on it? The interviewer stopped the motive behind the question was not to know what the government is doing but to ridicule Nigeria. In interviwer like that you dont just run your mouth, you speak and tread carefully so that you dont give the interviewer room to nail you own.

And all these name calling does not promote friendship Sir
Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by Frankenstein: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2015
BBC to Nigeria is like Press TV to USA.

They're always airing negative news about Nigeria. The first to report a Boko haram attack and the last to report a military recapture of our territories under Boko haram.

Just follow BBC AFRICA on Facebook. You'll be appalled by the amount of negative news about Africa by scorned Britannia Bias Channel.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Chidoka Shuts BBC Up On Focus On Africa. by omonnakoda: 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
kropelgrada:

That is the shallowness of your mind on display.One that is warped by persecutory delusions.Always scanning legitimate remarks and questions for perceived slights or insults.Believing that the world is against you. The whole world is analysed through the prism of "How is this an attack on GEJ"? Everything is analysed from that paradigm. I do not subscribe. Let the OP publish the interview link.
So far he has told us that the Minister was asked why Nigeria does not have a National airline and then added his opinion that that is somehow an attempt to ridicule.How ,why? Is that the only or the most probable explanation. The response that the BA is not owned by the British Government is irrelevant.In International Aviation Law BA and Virgin are National Carrier and Enjoy all the privileges that go wit that i.e the Exclusive right to originate Direct flights. It is of no IMPORT who owns it. So portraying that response as a CLEVER riposte and beat down of an irreverent interviewer is petty and shallow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Live Photos From Indigenous People Of Biafra Members Protest In Owerri. / Buhari's Friends Are Thinning Out After Cameron's Exit And Trump's Electoral Win / This CNN 1968 Documentary About Nigeria VS Biafra War Will Shock You [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.