Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (3115 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by ShowYourCertificate: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
The refusal by the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to participate in the proposed presidential debate organised by the Nigeria Electoral Debate Group (NEDG), has been described as not only an act of cowardice to his supporters across the country but an indication of his shallow mindedness about the ideals of statecraft.

According to Comrade Oluwasanmi Solomon of the Arise Africa Youth Coalition, Buhari’s non participation in the debate showed that he was scared to expose his ineptitude and a huge disappointment to his teeming supporters which will lower their morale particularly on the numerous controversies surrounding his academic qualification. He said, it was only proper that the former Head of State gave the electorates an opportunity to dig into his intellectual capacity which is more important than the face saving public relations being carried out by his image laundering team.

He alleged that it was rather unfortunate that the APC Presidential candidate who has been accused of not possessing the required academic qualification to contest the elections will shy away from the only opportunity to prove his detractors wrong.

Speaking to newsmen in Abuja, Comr. Oluwasanmi who stated that the people were the most important ingredient in a democracy, advised Buhari to go back to his handlers to understudy the tenets of democracy.

“Democracy the world over is anchored on openness and accountability, which is totally different from military government, as such an aspiring leader who cannot confront the masses to outline his blueprint on developing the nation’s economy; respond to questions that will better the lot of the people cannot not be given the mandate to preside over the commonwealth of the nation.”

“It is rather unfortunate that the General is yet to understand how democracy works. This system is about the people, and the peoples’ decision should be paramount. The people have asked for a debate, Buhari should oblige them to show how people-oriented he will be as president”. He said.

The civil rights activist further berated the APC for supporting their candidate in his refusal to participate in the debate. He noted that the change longed for, was one that will carry the people along and not a change that will be anchored on a cabal or person.

While challenging the party, Oluwasanmi called on the APC to prove their popular claim of being a body of intellectuals by coming out to face Jonathan during the debate, saying the debate will not only put paid to Buhari’s certificate saga but also expose his intellectual capability.
http://leadership.ng/news/407341/buhari-refusal-participate-debate-shocks-supporters

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by ShowYourCertificate: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why should it shock his supporters? Buhari is a well known illiterate who can't write a simple sentence by himself. How do you expect someone without a certificate to participate in a debate? Abeg APC made the right decision to withdraw Buhari from the debate. He would have been totally humiliated by the other candidates.

[size=25pt]#BuhariDebate[/size]
[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by holatin(m): 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
oya mod move am to front page as usual

buhari until PDP stop giving people money to litter internet with trash.

pls quote me, I just bought four litres of petrol.

oya ban me because I refuse to support the stagnancy people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donphilopus: 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
We the Supporters of Buhari on Nairaland are fully in support of his refusal to participate in that dubious debate. Why should he debate when he knows that the Organisers of the so-called debate are staunch Supporters of GEJ?! Abeg joor.

Namadi Samboribobo should even thank his stars that Osinbajo would not be participating any longer. We all know what would happen if he (Osinbajo) should participate. I can feel his (Namadi's) sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, whether they debate or not, it's visible to the blind, audible to the deaf and vocal to the dumb that Buhari has won. So,

You see this my precious 64GB iPhone 6?!

I would rather throw it into this creek and lose the #185,000 I bought it:

Than to vote this clueless Jonathan.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

#IHaveDecided
#FeBuhari14th
#GMB/PYO

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why should Buhari go for the debate when he may not be treated fairly, did he not go for the debate in 2011? It was Jonathan that didn't attend then because they refused to send him the questions before hand. Now that Jonathan has decided to go, it is obvious (based on the calibre of people organising the shit) that he has been sent the question. So why should Buhari go for such an even which may be aimed at making Jonathan appear smarter than he actually is. Buhari you have taken the right decision, debate or not we know your capabilities.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by elantraceey(f): 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pdp making up stories from time in memorial.

It won't stop me from voting for GEJ though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Pdp making up stories from in memorial.

It won't stop me from voting for GEJ though.
self contradiction, welldone grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by major466(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
donphilopus:
We the Supporters of Buhari on Nairaland are fully in support of his refusal to participate in that dubious debate. Why should he debate when he knows that the Organisers of the so-called debate are staunch Supporters of GEJ?! Abeg joor.

Namadi Samboribobo should even thank his stars that Osinbajo would not be participating any longer. We all know what would happen if he (Osinbajo) should participate. I can feel his (Namadi's) sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, whether they debate or not, it's visible to the blind, audible to the deaf and vocal to the dumb that Buhari has won. So,

You see this my precious 64GB iPhone 6?!

I would rather throw it into this creek and lose the #185,000 I bought it:

Than to vote this clueless Jonathan.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

#IHaveDecided
#FeBuhari14th
#GMB/PYO
Picture of you using the IPhone or I will never believe it.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by elantraceey(f): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
firstEVA:
self contradiction, welldone grin

That's not new with me grin grin
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donphilopus: 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
firstEVA:
Why should Buhari go for the debate when he may not be treated fairly, did he not go for the debate in 2011? It was Jonathan that didn't attend then because they refused to send him the questions before hand. Now that Jonathan has decided to go, it is obvious (based on the calibre of people organising the shit) that he has been sent the question. So why should Buhari go for such an even which may be aimed at making Jonathan appear smarter than he actually is. Buhari you have taken the right decision, debate or not we know your capabilities.

Dbanj comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by donphilopus: 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
major466:

Picture of you using the IPhone or I will never believe it.

I know you won't believe. That's why you also refused to believe that Buhari will be sworn in as our President come May 29th.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Adminisher: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
firstEVA:

It is a very courageous and actually ARROGANT decision on the part of the APC. On the same day or close to that day, Buhari and Osinbajo have a road show and interactive session in Lagos with business leaders and civil society that will steal the thunder from the NTA/AIT debate. I like the audacity of the decision not to go for the debate. The mystique of Buhari is preserved. Let Jonathan go and debate with lightweight, especially the woman presidential candidate of that other party who will make him look like an uneducated kid. After all Jonathan was absent at the last debates in 2011 because of lack of expo which Buhari attended.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:

That's not new with me grin grin
hmmm sad
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bokohalal(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
I would have been shocked if he accepted.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bettercreature(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
We are not shocked
sai BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by DickDastardly(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari represents everything Democracy is not cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
firstEVA:
...and why didn't he write WAEC too? cos Jonathan used expo!
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by emalek86(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
A plane was about to crash and there were only
four parachutes in the plane. Meanwhile there
were five people in it. The first person was
Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best
footballer, I cant die now". So he took one
parachute and left. The second who was Aliko
Dangote said "I'm the richest man in Africa and
I'm too young to die". So he took the second
parachute and left. The third was Gen Buhari and
he said: " I'm the smartest in the world so I can't
die now, my people still need me". So he took
one and left. Then it was left with Pope Francis
and a little school girl. The Pope said to the little
girl " take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for
you". The little girl replied no need for that
"there are two parachutes left. The Pope asked
her: "how come?" The little girl replied: "Buhari
took my school bag" thinking it was a parachute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
I barcanista, join every Nigerian to commend the incoming President Muhammadu Buhari for pulling out of the Sham called debate. NEDG is clearly an extension of Jonathan campaign organisation. They should organise their debate themselves. I and the good people of Nigeria won't watch the charade. Buhari will be elected whether they like it or not. Nigerians have decided, no going back!!! Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by mgbeketoto: 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
A failure already?
What is he hiding again? cheesy

The refusal by the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to participate in the proposed presidential debate organised by the Nigeria Electoral Debate Group (NEDG), has been described as not only [size=20pt]an act of cowardice to his supporters across the country but an indication of his shallow mindedness about the ideals of statecraft.[/size]

Welcome to BARRACK mentality!!! cheesy

Na so im wan take rule Nigeria. . .like a real BARRACK TOUT! grin
See true colors!!!! cheesy
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Djicemob: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
barcanista:
I barcanista, join every Nigerian to commend the incoming President Muhammadu Buhari for pulling out of the Sham called debate. NEDG is clearly an extension of Jonathan campaign organisation. They should organise their debate themselves. I and the good people of Nigeria won't watch the charade. Buhari will be elected whether they like it or not. Nigerians have decided, no going back!!! Sai Buhari
Sometimes the way you people think gives credence to the fact that you are actually paid to support someone and anything they say or do is ok by you.
This is my response about the boycott on a previous post:

Am i getting something wrong here? How can a debate be biased? Would the journalists stop him from answering questions accurately? Would they prevent him from providing well articulated answers to questions raised? Would they stop him from airing plans he has for Nigerians? Would they stop him from defending himself once and for all of all accusations that the PDP have been leveling against him? heck! even if his opponent have seen the questions before hand how does it affect his abilities of answering his own questions correctly and convincingly? Do you runaway from an exam cos your classmates have seen the questions before hand? Is he scared? I thought he should be happy for finally getting an opportunity like this sef?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Aareeasy(m): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
holatin:
oya mod move am to front page as usual

buhari until PDP stop giving people money to litter internet with trash.

pls quote me, I just bought four litres of petrol.

oya ban me because I refuse to support the stagnancy people

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by holatin(m): 11:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=Aareeasy post=30258274][/quote]lolz
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Ikengawo: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Aareeasy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
GMB till gej resolve power issue
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 30, 2015
Djicemob:
Sometimes the way you people think gives credence to the fact that you are actually paid to support someone and anything they say or do is ok by you.
This is my response about the boycott on a previous post:

Dude, there is no way one can be comfortable to debate in a terrain that you are not wanted, neither is it possible to debate in a terrain that you knw you are not wanted, especially when the same ppl antagonise you. Bro, I barcanista endorse General Muhammadu Buhari's decision in FULL!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by agabaI23(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2015
Aareeasy:
GMB till gej resolve power issue
When the population of Nigeria was about 100 million, there was darkness everywhere. Guess who was the dictator in charge?

Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Vicotex(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2015
#Buharimustdebate
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Djicemob: 12:23am On Jan 30, 2015
barcanista:
Dude, there is no way one can be comfortable to debate in a terrain that you are not wanted, neither is it possible to debate in a terrain that you knw you are not wanted, especially when the same ppl antagonise you. Bro, I barcanista endorse General Muhammadu Buhari's decision in FULL!
Endorse whatever you like but bro u'll agree with me that since the channels interview where Buhari ridiculed himself by stating he would stabilize world oil price,i have not heard him speak for more than 20minutes of his plans to achieve all the things he is promising nigerians,he is always seen going through the hurdles of reading a speech obviously written by someone else(same goes to GEJ).How do we test his actual intelligence if he refuses all platforms to be tested? Why cant he suggest a more neutral organisers for the debate? I say this cos i am undecided yet and i was waiting for this opportunity to access the candidates,now i have no chance to know the intelligence of people am about to vote.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by maureen546: 12:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Only GEJ can save us vote for PDP not apc because all d apc candidate r nothing but deceitful liars.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by fitzmayowa: 12:57am On Jan 30, 2015
GMB is only following in foot step of GEJ, in 2011 it was GEJ that didn't show up, 2015 GMB is also not showing up...

I wonder why politicians take nigerians for granted, is APC and GMB just realising that those organising the debate are pro GEJ Why didn't they speak out about it before now Or did they just realise it won't be fair

I watched a debate between supporters of both parties, with the link posted here some days ago, the debate was anchored by SR and most people believes SR is a wing of APC, even at that it never stopped either of the debaters to make their point, so why would GMB/APC use the fact that the organisers are pro GEJ as a yard stick for not showing up

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lying Liars, Show Me Your Evidence Against BBC Hausa / World War Three (WW3): The New World Order. / When Niger Delta Is About To Self-destruct.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.